ADVERTISEMENT

Carlos Del Rio-Wilson

Not surprising with Miller being 2nd in the order.

Suprised we aren't hearing more about transfers at this point. Isn't there a deadline before May to choose a team and be eligible to be able to play that upcoming season?

I don’t anticipate anymore incoming transfers this year at the QB spot. Not many guys are going to come to UF just to be a backup or 3rd stringer. Everybody knows AR is the starter barring an injury.

Insta,

How can you not be impressed ? Miller went 13-for-23 for 121 yards and also threw an end zone interception. Orange team was shut out.

Large part of that was the unequal way Napier & his coaches divided the players.

Insta,

How can you not be impressed ? Miller went 13-for-23 for 121 yards and also threw an end zone interception. Orange team was shut out.

Large part of that was the unequal way Napier & his coaches divided the players.

Didn't Napier have it mostly 1 v 1s etc on the field? I know that blue DL was pretty weak that Miller went against but he had the 2nd string offense mostly I think.

Insta,

Jeff,
I've got the O&B 'saved' and I've watched it a couple of times already.
Miller was late on his timing throws several times, missed open receivers, and he locked in on his primary.
Go re-watch his performance and get back to me with your specifics...
==========

Just a FYI on some of the stats:

Who are the starters playing with AR on Blue?
WR Weston 19 yd rec TD
RB Johnson 1 yd rush TD
TE/OLB Keeter 6 yd rec TD
And walkon kicker Mihalek's 2 FG's, 52 & 49
=====

Rushing:
Johnson 13 for 55
Lingard 4 for 13 then pulled up lame
Richardson 6 for 30

Receiving:
WR Whittemore 3 of 3
WR Shorter 3 of 3
WR Weston 1 of 1 for a TD
WR Henderson 1 of 5
WR Jackson 1 of 2
WR's 8 of 13 for 62%
---
TE Zanders 5 of 5
TE Keeter 3 of 3 with a TD
RB Lingard 1 of 1
9 of 9
===========

Miller had:

Rushing:
RB Bowman 4 for 18 yds
RB Johnson 2 for 7 yds
RB Ortiz 2 for 9 yds
Miller 1 for 0

Receiving:
WR Fraziars 5 of 11
WR Reynolds 1 of 3
WR's 6 of 14 for 43% and 68 yds, with 31 as YAC

> Saved by the dump-offs and their YAC's

RB Bowman 4 of 4
TE Zipperer 2 of 2
RB Johnson 1 of 1
7 of 7
=====

Maybe I'm just biased against xfer QB's (Del Rio, Applebe, and the ND chump while Trask was wasting on the bench),,, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what Max can do at Fall practice!

I'd really like to see the time and energy spent on our incoming Fr QB, than see it wasted on a dumped schmuckeye xfer, but maybe that's just me....
Maybe a little harsh, but nothing personal as I don't know Miller or Max from Adam...

It was mostly 1v1s and 2v2s. If AR gets hurt we are likely in pretty big trouble. Although the same can be said with most teams that lose their starting QB.
True...we were super lucky when Trask took over; to get a guy set in like he did. I'm 43 and I'm not sure that I remember someone sitting in the wings that long and being that great in my life.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Conclusions and Speculations are wide open to anyone and everyone.

QB Kyle Trask HS Stats:
Passing - 118 of 161 (73.3%) for 1,820 yds, 17 TD's, 0 Ints.

QB Max Brown 2021-22 HS Stats:
Passing - 167 of 235 (71.1%) for 2,750 yds, 41 TD's, 4 Ints.

QB Jack Miller 2019-20 HS Stats:
Passing - 114 of 193 (59.1%) for 1,621 yds, 15 TD's, 4 Ints.

I still think Brown is a sleeper. Don't care what level it is, those are insane stats. Trask was sharing snaps in high school and still put up those numbers.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Conclusions and Speculations are wide open to anyone and everyone.

QB Kyle Trask HS Stats:
Passing - 118 of 161 (73.3%) for 1,820 yds, 17 TD's, 0 Ints.

QB Max Brown 2021-22 HS Stats:
Passing - 167 of 235 (71.1%) for 2,750 yds, 41 TD's, 4 Ints.

QB Jack Miller 2019-20 HS Stats:
Passing - 114 of 193 (59.1%) for 1,621 yds, 15 TD's, 4 Ints.
Of course the level of competition and the talent around these quarterbacks could be quite different but all things being equal Max Brown stands out.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Ole Nappy-heads first major (but recoverable) mistake imo:

Nappy -- "You know, most years you're going to carry around 4 scholarship players, potentially 5. I think that we took Jack Miller with some anticipated attrition."

>>> No coach, you created the QB attrition by your own actions. iG <<<

Following the O&B game, Miller explained just what drew him to Gainesville in the first place, his past relationship with Napier while the coach was at Arizona State, cause it's certainly not based on what Miller has done so far at tOSU or at UF.... (tOSU 7 of 14 for 50%, so calling that experience is laughable)

Nappy seems to have written off Wilson and Kitna before deciding on bringing in Miller. Then he dotted on Miller all through Spring practice. Lastly giving him the backup job for the O&B game, before he's earned it imo.

O&B has 4 quarters. Team has 4 ship QB's. The new HC giving 1 quarter to each to show out would have been fair, to all of the QB's and to the Gator fans watching.

If this continues, then Kitna shouldn't be far behind Wilson and Jones in finding a better, and more equal opportunity.

The same goes even more for Max Brown if it stays this way during Fall practice.

Obviously Nappy didn't pay any attention to what happened to McLame with his failed xfer-in QB decisions.... If Sept. rolls around and Nap only has 2 ship QB's and a couple of walkons left in the QB room, guess who's fault that will be?

Coach Napier, WTF-UP, cause you ain't at AZSt or ULL any more. SEC defenses will eat Miller alive. BTW, Miller failing but keeping a level emotional stance from play to failed play is not really a positive, if winning is the objective.

Not only will that attitude hamper the current QB room, just try recruiting top QB's when they can see that the best performance won't determine who gets on the field to play....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT