ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel Leftist Media

I think this is a little more your speed, Patriots:
So you’re lambasting people who are mad a tiny non-corporate news outlet was cancelled from their TV service with State controlled media?

This might work as a new example of irony in the dictionary.

It was a cheap shot.

But there sure is an awful lot of overlap between Russian and MAGA-friendly talking points lately.
Yea, you don’t get it.

Newsmax and OAN are tiny little conservative outlets. They are openly biased but they speak freely without any influence from the gov’t - in fact I’d bet this administration would take them totally off the air if they could.

Corporate MSM (Fox, CNN, major networks and their spin-offs (MSNBC)) are owned by a small number of people and their angle on stories are all mysteriously exactly the same on political issues. They all carry water for the state and slant every issue to the Left. Content on social media is also curated to the left, and we now have direct examples of the WH and various Congresspeople reaching out to Meta and Twitter directly trying to censor speech they don’t like.

So citing Russian state run media is a lot closer to the censored outlets you watch than Newsmax.

Alex Jones would have been a more logical burn.

Trust me, I would love to cancel Xfinity but the only reason I still pay an arm and a leg is for the SEC network. Ain't nobody prying me away from Gator football, hoops and baseball.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
Trust me, I would love to cancel Xfinity but the only reason I still pay an arm and a leg is for the SEC network. Ain't nobody prying me away from Gator football, hoops and baseball.
Eff Xfinity. You can get more games across the country including the SEC with FUBO, and get cable news network for about 65 bucks a month streaming, and no buffering. Get a digital antennae and get all of the local news stations for free. If you have a Roku compatible TV, you can get about 200 channels for free through the digital antennae. (now most of them suck, but it's still no worse than cable).

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Eff Xfinity. You can get more games across the country including the SEC with FUBO, and get cable news network for about 65 bucks a month streaming, and no buffering. Get a digital antennae and get all of the local news stations for free. If you have a Roku compatible TV, you can get about 200 channels for free through the digital antennae. (now most of them suck, but it's still no worse than cable).
Thanks for the heads up Nav. I just got a Roku compatible TV recently. I'll be looking into that soon. I forgot to mention Xfinity wifi is another reason I'm still a subscriber.

Thanks for the heads up Nav. I just got a Roku compatible TV recently. I'll be looking into that soon. I forgot to mention Xfinity wifi is another reason I'm still a subscriber.
Xfinity internet is fine. AT&T just installed bad assed souped up internet in our neighborhood but we didn't switch. We still just use internet with Xfinity. With a Roku TV and antennae, you can get a ton of local channels and much more. I was pleased with FUBO and the amount of prime college football games I could get, including many NFL games not locally broadcasted here. So we were paying for high speed internet plus the 65 bucks a month for FUBO. Roku is a different premium streaming site, but it still tuned in our local antennae and added a ton of channels for free. I was shocked.

I don't have a roku compatible TV but do have one of the Roku streaming sticks...can I use the digital antennae with that as well?

The MSM is not fair or honest. The MSM is a part of The UniParty…. That is a huge problem!

Reactions: instaGATOR
I don't have a roku compatible TV but do have one of the Roku streaming sticks...can I use the digital antennae with that as well?
I believe as long as you have a smart TV you can switch back and forth. All televisions all require a digital external antennae now to get free airwaves. (This has been going on around 10 years I think). If you don't have one you can get them from Best Buy or similar places fairly cheap. Your location dictates how many channels you can get,(if near a major city, plenty of them). The Roku compatible TVs do have that extra perk of getting more free TV broadcasts. External Roku boxes don't seem to have that ability without a subscription. I don't understand how this works, just know from having one Roku TV and one that isn't.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
I believe as long as you have a smart TV you can switch back and forth. All televisions all require a digital external antennae now to get free airwaves. (This has been going on around 10 years I think). If you don't have one you can get them from Best Buy or similar places fairly cheap. Your location dictates how many channels you can get,(if near a major city, plenty of them). The Roku compatible TVs do have that extra perk of getting more free TV broadcasts. External Roku boxes don't seem to have that ability without a subscription. I don't understand how this works, just know from having one Roku TV and one that isn't.
And if you get a VPN you can change locations at will. Plus do other stuff.

I think this is a little more your speed, Patriots:
This is a channel known VERY well to democrats, as they have ALWAYS aided them, and even have communists in their party. BTW...we have NEVER had a communist in our party..they are ALWAYS lefties. Wonder why?

Reactions: instaGATOR
Roku stick uses HDMI and your antenna is a coax connection. I use Sling during CFB season. I had the mis"FORTUNE" of having to keep it a month longer this year. :) Even though my smart tv can do the digital OTA locals I use a decoder box because it amplifies the signals better. The decoder box uses AV aka RCA cables.

Things I pay for:
Netflix
BlazeTV
Sling

I get Paramount+ for free

Conservative news you can get for free on Roku via a free streaming channel :
Newsmax
The First
Real America's Voice

There is probably more but I rarely watch any of these anyway.

Most of my viewing is Homesteading, Canning, RVing, Camping and Cooking videos on Youtube.

@Dr. Nole
@NavigatorII

UVerse has those and since it’s fiber optic it never goes out when it’s raining outside.

I never watch Newsmax or OAN nor do I watch the other cable news outlets unless there’s a major news event.
Don’t need em.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Xfinity internet is fine. AT&T just installed bad assed souped up internet in our neighborhood but we didn't switch. We still just use internet with Xfinity. With a Roku TV and antennae, you can get a ton of local channels and much more. I was pleased with FUBO and the amount of prime college football games I could get, including many NFL games not locally broadcasted here. So we were paying for high speed internet plus the 65 bucks a month for FUBO. Roku is a different premium streaming site, but it still tuned in our local antennae and added a ton of channels for free. I was shocked.
diary-dear-diary.gif

Roku stick uses HDMI and your antenna is a coax connection. I use Sling during CFB season. I had the mis"FORTUNE" of having to keep it a month longer this year. :) Even though my smart tv can do the digital OTA locals I use a decoder box because it amplifies the signals better. The decoder box uses AV aka RCA cables.

Things I pay for:
Netflix
BlazeTV
Sling

I get Paramount+ for free

Conservative news you can get for free on Roku via a free streaming channel :
Newsmax
The First
Real America's Voice

There is probably more but I rarely watch any of these anyway.

Most of my viewing is Homesteading, Canning, RVing, Camping and Cooking videos on Youtube.

@Dr. Nole
@NavigatorII
Have you tried Pluto TV? It's free, I watch it on my phone all the time. Good selection of TV shows and movies from the 60s/70s and 80s. Some modern stuff. I tried Tubi and it has some weird eclectic shows, but not enough to keep me watching for long.

Have you tried Pluto TV? It's free, I watch it on my phone all the time. Good selection of TV shows and movies from the 60s/70s and 80s. Some modern stuff. I tried Tubi and it has some weird eclectic shows, but not enough to keep me watching for long.
Have not tried it. The problem with using a lot of streaming devices is keeping a spreadsheet full of launch codes and passwords. It gets aggravating sometimes when WiFi boots you out and you have to log back in through another device. I've got minimal patience with the amount of security garbage that is expected anymore, and that includes online banking and paying bills. It's annoying AF. Currently I am bidding on something from Ebay at a dirt cheap price. Took me 10 minutes just to verify my Ebay account.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT