ADVERTISEMENT

Can we hear more about how Florida should have hired either Chip Kelly or Scott Frost?

Recruiting services were rating dual threat QBs in 1992? Would love to get a link on that.
Frazier wasn’t a dual threat QB. Dual threat means you can throw the ball as well. Frazier couldn’t throw. Frazier was a great athlete that neither UF, FSU or Miami wanted. Nebraska throught he was a good for their system.

Frazier wasn’t a dual threat QB. Dual threat means you can throw the ball as well. Frazier couldn’t throw. Frazier was a great athlete that neither UF, FSU or Miami wanted. Nebraska throught he was a good for their system.

It was an honest question. I've been following recruiting since 1997, the dual threat rankings seem to have popped up around 10-12 years ago. I certainly don't remember them 20-25 years ago, but maybe they were.

Here's a link, discussing Frazier as a recruit. He was Parade and USA Today All America.

Here's another one with a quote from Tom Lemming:
Tom Lemming called Frazier "the best all-around quarterback I've seen in five years. ... A great ballhandler and runner. A great precision passer.

"He's the kind of guy who can get Nebraska back up there himself."

Miami, FSU and UF might not have recruited him, but Notre Dame did. I bet if you gave Spurrier a do-over after '96 Fiesta Bowl, he would have taken it.

Was Paco's original assessment, that he was "not a big time recruit" correct? No, it was not.

Here's a link, discussing Frazier as a recruit. He was Parade and USA Today All America.

Here's another one with a quote from Tom Lemming:
Tom Lemming called Frazier "the best all-around quarterback I've seen in five years. ... A great ballhandler and runner. A great precision passer.

"He's the kind of guy who can get Nebraska back up there himself."

Miami, FSU and UF might not have recruited him, but Notre Dame did. I bet if you gave Spurrier a do-over after '96 Fiesta Bowl, he would have taken it.

Was Paco's original assessment, that he was "not a big time recruit" correct? No, it was not.
Why would Spurrier have recruited Tommy Frazier? To play what position at UF? Frazier wanted to play QB in college.

How in the world would Mullen not be the best fit!?
He used to coach here for Petes sake!?
Who is that crazy????

How in the world would Mullen not be the best fit!?
He used to coach here for Petes sake!?
Who is that crazy????

Jeremy Foley for one. Presuming Mullen would have taken the job on offer, Foley hired Mac over this guy. Wtf?

BTW is should be noted....Kelly won his first game.

Frost - 0-6
Kelly - 1-5
Taggart - 3-3

Mullen - 6-1 and ranked #11 in the country.

We were told Frost/Kelly/Taggart were all better than Mullen, and that Mullen didn't deserve $6 Million a year, he should have gotten same salary he got at MSU.

Rough season for the trolls LOL

Taggart is the worst out of all of them. At least the other guys have won before.

You’re right. FSU won in 93 but ND beat y’all that year, guess that made me mistakenly believe they won the title that year too. So it really has been 30 years since they won a title. Yikes.

ND won the title that year. Pollsters decided to give bowden a lifetime achievement award. Like all “titles” f$u claims, it has an asterisk, as they didn’t win it on the field. They only win when everyone else in the country sucks and, like a turd in a punch bowl, they float to the top.

I have all noles on ignore. They don’t deserve an opinion, esp among actual people (they aren’t people)

ND won the title that year. Pollsters decided to give bowden a lifetime achievement award. Like all “titles” f$u claims, it has an asterisk, as they didn’t win it on the field. They only win when everyone else in the country sucks and, like a turd in a punch bowl, they float to the top.

I have all noles on ignore. They don’t deserve an opinion, esp among actual people (they aren’t people)

Was that the year they beat Frazier and Nebraska? If so, they were lucky to win that game. There was a phantom clip call on a Nebraska punt return or Frazier would have been 3-0 against the big 3 in Florida in national championship games, which is pretty crazy to think about in the mid-90s.

It is truly funny that Noles always talk about UF being given a mulligan in 1996 but never acknowledge the huge mulligan the Noles got in 1993 considering ND beat them head to head. I guess if it doesn’t fit their agenda... Clowns.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Head Coach Dan Mullen was named to the Paul "Bear' Bryant Coach of the Year Watch List, as the American Heart Association and Marathon Oil announced on Wednesday. Now in its 33rd year, the Paul "Bear" Bryant Coach of the Year award recognizes the country's top college football coaches for their contributions both on and off the field. The Coach of the Year Award is the only college coaching honor selected after all bowl games are concluded.

https://floridagators.com/news/2018...bear-bryant-coach-of-the-year-watch-list.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT