ADVERTISEMENT

Can we hear more about how Florida should have hired either Chip Kelly or Scott Frost?

Some of us are real fans and were in Nashville for the game, then headed out for celebratory dinner and drinks afterwards with other real fans. Others are in the basements on the board of a team they have no allegiance to and seem obsessed with a small handful of coaches and one gator poster.

And this post proves you were in the latter group: https://florida.forums.rivals.com/t...10-when-they-play-georgia.72339/#post-1348593

You Liked this post MINUTES after the game was over. Which proves you were watching the board WHILE watching the game and did NOT want to celebrate another big win with the REAL Florida fans here.

We all know why.

Some of us are real fans and were in Nashville for the game, then headed out for celebratory dinner and drinks afterwards with other real fans. Others are in the basements on the board of a team they have no allegiance to and seem obsessed with a small handful of coaches and one gator poster. And I wouldn't say I am happy with the win because it was very ugly. I would describe it as thankful for the win. A bad Vandy team gave us all we could handle. This was a gimme win as far as I was concerned going in and leaves me concerned. Thankfully we have a bye week and I expect UGA despite getting trounced by LSU to come in po'd and put the hurt on us. Hopefully, I am wrong, but you know better than anyone that I haven't been yet.

And excuse me...did you say "historic win"?? Oh Dear. LMAO! You seem to struggle with definitions of simple words, much like you do with basic math and knowledge of college football. You see, I know Vandy hasn't beaten us in Nashville since I was a student at UF (late 80's) and I think they have only beaten us once overall during that time (maybe twice, but I think once). On top of that, Vandy was 3-3 and 0-2 in the conference. UK's win over us, their first in 30+ years was a "historic win". If Vandy had beaten us today, it would have been a "historic win". But, our win over Vandy is expected. The Sharkhumper even beat a comparable Vandy team last year by a similar margin. Let that sink in. "Historic"....LOL!! You spelled it right. Maybe they teach the definition of words in your next grade...unless you get stuck in the 7th grade like you are at 1st base.

Now, we are heading out for more drinks and live tunes on Printer's Alley to continue the celebration. You go brush your teeth and change your panties, your momma will be downstairs to tuck you in shortly. Nighty-night sport!! LOL..."historic"!!!!
LOL! You’ve been wrong a heck of a lot more than you’ve been right. That’s laughable. You obviously don’t watch a lot of college football or sports. So Georgia loses by 20 points to a team we beat and now all of a sudden you expect UGA to put a hurting on us. UGA very well may win but where do you come up with some of this crap. And Vandy was a gimme win?? A terrible Vandy program has given many UF Gator teams trouble at times. I guess you don’t remember our 1996 National Title team squeaking out a 28-21 win over Vandy. Ever heard of “trap” game? Nobody here is buying your schtick anymore. Stop comparing McElwain to Mullen. It’s making you look illogical. Nobody in the entire country would even make that comparison or even think McElwain is even close to as good as of a coach as Mullen. I figured by now all the FSU trolls or rival trolls would be gone by now but your still sticking around. Your sharkhumper coach won a total of 4 games last year. Why do you keep bringing him up? That was a dumb comment to make.

Last edited:
LOL! You’ve been wrong a heck of a lot more than you’ve been right. That’s laughable. You obviously don’t watch a lot of college football or sports. I figured by now all the FSU trolls or rival trolls would be gone by now but your still sticking around. Your sharkhumper coach won a total of 4 games last year. Why do you keep bringing him up? That was a dumb comment to make.

Haha...I suspect he was really JonLester2015 today, since we now know he was watching the board while the game was on. He tries so hard, and now since he's made up his fake "i'm out partying with my buds" story, he can't answer us till tomorrow. He didn't think that one through LMAO!

They blew that quote out of proportion if you actually see the full quote. They asked Frost what he himself would have changed on the 99 yard drive, he said he doesn’t call the defense. It was a dumb question, why would Frost change anything defensively when he’s not the coordinator?

End of the day, Frost had that game and once again blew it.

Really wish I had your number so we could talk ball.

And this post proves you were in the latter group: https://florida.forums.rivals.com/t...10-when-they-play-georgia.72339/#post-1348593

You Liked this post MINUTES after the game was over. Which proves you were watching the board WHILE watching the game and did NOT want to celebrate another big win with the REAL Florida fans here.

We all know why.
One day when you venture out of your basement bedroom, you might own what we normal people call a smartphone!!! GD son do you ever get out?? You can do all sorts of things with it, like check scores, watch a replay during a game and even see what other fans thought of a call. It's real rocket science magic!!!! Do you know what year it is? Talk about not thinking things through!!!

And what kind of Bama fan are you. What I notice this morning, even with bloodshot eyes, is that you did nothing but post comments and start new threads from our post-game thru most of the evening...all time stamped while Bama's game was on. I also checked a few other times and noticed that while Alabama was playing, you were on this board posting comments/new threads. Why is that? Does the tinfoil on your TV antennae not pick up Bama games? Does the cable not run all the way into the basement? Did your mother ground you?

I thought to myself, maybe he has posted something worth reading on the Bama board about Bama football. Nothing. Not one thread there, despite countless ones you started here. Not one comment, despite living on this board like I live in your head. So, I reached out this morning to some Bama Boys and asked about GhostOfMatchesMalone. One already responded: "yeah, he used to post here. he was strongly urged to find a new recreation or be banned for 'stupidity unbecoming of a tide fan'." Apparently, they think as highly as we do. He said you could come back if you had grown up. I let him know sadly that was not the case.

Paco, you are out of your league. It's best if you stick to be Malone's cymbal banging chimpanzee and try not to hurt yourself.

I think Frost will get it going there. I expect him to have a winning record next season even if they go 1-11 this season. Kind of like Pell did here from 79 to 80. They have some growing pains and a few malcontent seniors still there that won't be a big issue going forward.

I think Frost will get it going there. I expect him to have a winning record next season even if they go 1-11 this season. Kind of like Pell did here from 79 to 80. They have some growing pains and a few malcontent seniors still there that won't be a big issue going forward.
I think he’s gonna have to make some changes to his staff at some point. Maybe sooner rather than later. The defensive coaching staff isn’t that impressive.

I think he’s gonna have to make some changes to his staff at some point. Maybe sooner rather than later. The defensive coaching staff isn’t that impressive.

You may be right on that but the one thing he has going for him is he is in the right division in that conference to have a better chance for success. I just don't see how he will get good enough recruiting to be able to consistently match up with teams like OSU if they make the championship game. Years ago Nebraska used to pull some really big time recruits out of Texas and even Florida - but not as much anymore. Now if they get a blue chipper from those places they usually are on the lower end of the blue chip rankings.

I always thought Nebraska should go back to what they were under Osborne and go back to the wishbone/triple option. That to me is just who they are. And they can recruit big uglies to block in that offense.

I always thought Nebraska should go back to what they were under Osborne and go back to the wishbone/triple option. That to me is just who they are. And they can recruit big uglies to block in that offense.
Run what GT, Navy, Air Force and Army run. That offense can fit with limited recruiting.

One day when you venture out of your basement bedroom, you might own what we normal people call a smartphone!!! GD son do you ever get out?? You can do all sorts of things with it, like check scores, watch a replay during a game and even see what other fans thought of a call. It's real rocket science magic!!!! Do you know what year it is? Talk about not thinking things through!!!

And what kind of Bama fan are you. What I notice this morning, even with bloodshot eyes, is that you did nothing but post comments and start new threads from our post-game thru most of the evening...all time stamped while Bama's game was on. I also checked a few other times and noticed that while Alabama was playing, you were on this board posting comments/new threads. Why is that? Does the tinfoil on your TV antennae not pick up Bama games? Does the cable not run all the way into the basement? Did your mother ground you?

I thought to myself, maybe he has posted something worth reading on the Bama board about Bama football. Nothing. Not one thread there, despite countless ones you started here. Not one comment, despite living on this board like I live in your head. So, I reached out this morning to some Bama Boys and asked about GhostOfMatchesMalone. One already responded: "yeah, he used to post here. he was strongly urged to find a new recreation or be banned for 'stupidity unbecoming of a tide fan'." Apparently, they think as highly as we do. He said you could come back if you had grown up. I let him know sadly that was not the case.

Paco, you are out of your league. It's best if you stick to be Malone's cymbal banging chimpanzee and try not to hurt yourself.

TL/DR especially now that all the Florida fans here admit you are a troll. Reminds me of an aubarn fan that used to post on another board. Claimed he got into aubarn on an academic scholarship. Said he started in Fall of 2011, still there LOL

Also said he attends all the games. So just like you, he stopped posting on the board during a 3-hour block while each aubarn game was on each Saturday. Then, just like you, 5 mins after the game ended, he would start posting about how great it was. Unless aubarn lost, then he wouldn't post again till Sunday or Monday, and claim he decided to go out with his friends for drinks and dinner.

Sound familiar? You trolls, I just don't know where you get your energy. I do know that if you guys would actually start trying to LIVE the life you make up for yourselves on message boards....well you just might get there.

TL/DR especially now that all the Florida fans here admit you are a troll. Reminds me of an aubarn fan that used to post on another board. Claimed he got into aubarn on an academic scholarship. Said he started in Fall of 2011, still there LOL

Also said he attends all the games. So just like you, he stopped posting on the board during a 3-hour block while each aubarn game was on each Saturday. Then, just like you, 5 mins after the game ended, he would start posting about how great it was. Unless aubarn lost, then he wouldn't post again till Sunday or Monday, and claim he decided to go out with his friends for drinks and dinner.

Sound familiar? You trolls, I just don't know where you get your energy. I do know that if you guys would actually start trying to LIVE the life you make up for yourselves on message boards....well you just might get there.
Yes he is a troll with about 5-6 other trolls that frequent this board. It all went south with all of them because of how bad FSU is.

Nebraska is kinda like Cheatersee. They will never be a national brand, so they are really hamstrung in their recruiting base. Nebraska as a state doesn't produce a ton of HS talent, just like Tennessee doesn't. The only way either program can have sustained success is to cheat. fulmer did it, hell he was raiding California for pete's sake. There's rumors that Nebraska did as well during the 90s.

Neither is a 'destination' job. They would need to get an elite coach and recruiter to come there and STAY there for years in order to change the direction of either program. Frost is clearly not up to the task. Maybe he will grow into it, but he's not there now.

Yes he is a troll with about 5-6 other trolls that frequent this board. It all went south with all of them because of how bad FSU is.

Yeah when I got here I wasn't sure who was who, but when he slipped up and posted as Obvious Lee that time, I knew what his deal was. I just don't see where these guys get the energy, but I did think it was hilarious how happy he was when Vandy was winning then he had to leave with his tail between his legs when Florida came back and won LOL Love seeing trolls get theirs.

When defeated around every turn and corner. When facts are used to disprove your elementary theories. When backed into a corner. Just yell "TROLL"! It's all you have left and as usual...wrong again! OUCH!

I am still waiting to hear why you are on this board posting, while Bama is playing a game or why you don't (or aren't allowed to) post on the Bama board.

When defeated around every turn and corner. When facts are used to disprove your elementary theories. When backed into a corner. Just yell "TROLL"! It's all you have left and as usual...wrong again! OUCH!

I am still waiting to hear why you are on this board posting, while Bama is playing a game or why you don't (or aren't allowed to) post on the Bama board.

Sorry, now that the good Florida fans have confirmed that you are a troll, you are going on Ignore. NYCapple will welcome you, hell you are probably him too. Thanks to Paco for the confirmation.

BTW I do think it's hilarious that you question why a Bama fan would post here, but think it's perfectly normal for a non-Florida fan to post here POSING as a real Florida fan? LOL That's not normal, it's sad.

Last edited:
Yeah when I got here I wasn't sure who was who, but when he slipped up and posted as Obvious Lee that time, I knew what his deal was. I just don't see where these guys get the energy, but I did think it was hilarious how happy he was when Vandy was winning then he had to leave with his tail between his legs when Florida came back and won LOL Love seeing trolls get theirs.
What was it this Obvious Lee posted that would make you think it was your Master? Surely there was something of substance there. Then again, you have proven 2 things consistently during your time on this board. 1.) Your thinking is seriously flawed time after time. 2.) You are always wrong.

And this fantasy you have about being happy Vandy was winning and leaving when we came back with my tail between my legs. I guess when facts don't support you, you must create fantasies. I just wish your fantasies didn't involve me as often as they do. Disturbing.

Sorry, now that the good Florida fans have confirmed that you are a troll, you are going on Ignore. NYCapple will welcome you, hell you are probably him too. Thanks to Paco for the confirmation.
I see you've listed what you consider "the good Florida fans" confirmations.
1.) Paco the cymbal clapping chimpanzee

Quite the list there squirt.

Run what GT, Navy, Air Force and Army run. That offense can fit with limited recruiting.

I have always wondered if that could work good in modern football like it did with Nebraska in 94 and 95. Not sure if Nebraska could get the same defensive players they had those years now but their primary 6 offensive linemen consisted of 4 players from Nebraska. I think Nebraska was a little more into the juice than other teams at the time also.

Yep. That is what I would do. It’s just who they are IMO as well.

That wouldn’t do anything but make their situation worse. Kids with any aspirations of playing in the NFL aren’t going to play in that offense. They wouldn’t get offensive or defensive players because defensive players know they can’t develop playing against that style offense in practice either. Your ceiling is pretty much 7 wins running that offense in today’s game.

The reason they suck doesn’t have much to do with that change, it’s because their admin stupidly killed their recruiting base. They’ve never really had one to call their own, but at least in the Big 12 they had access to Texas. So they could get blue chip players from a talent hotbed because they could sell playing against all the Texas schools and OU. Then they moved to the Big 10 and lost that base and now being in the Midwest they’re running 4th or 5th in line for talent behind schools like Ohio St., Michigan, ND, Penn St., etc. The result is them just getting leftovers to fill out whole classes, can’t compete with that.

That wouldn’t do anything but make their situation worse. Kids with any aspirations of playing in the NFL aren’t going to play in that offense. They wouldn’t get offensive or defensive players because defensive players know they can’t develop playing against that style offense in practice either. Your ceiling is pretty much 7 wins running that offense in today’s game.

The reason they suck doesn’t have much to do with that change, it’s because their admin stupidly killed their recruiting base. They’ve never really had one to call their own, but at least in the Big 12 they had access to Texas. So they could get blue chip players from a talent hotbed because they could sell playing against all the Texas schools and OU. Then they moved to the Big 10 and lost that base and now being in the Midwest they’re running 4th or 5th in line for talent behind schools like Ohio St., Michigan, ND, Penn St., etc. The result is them just getting leftovers to fill out whole classes, can’t compete with that.
I strongly disagree. All the more reason to run a different system and be “different”. They can’t compete for the top recruits with those other schools you just named so you can’t try and run similar style offenses but yet get out recruited by all your opposition. That is exactly what made them good in the Osborne days. They weren’t recruiting top notch athletes then either. The recruiting landscape hasn’t changed since then. They could recruit big uglies out of the Midwest/Big 10 country and find a few RBs and a QB that run which are much easier to find these days then back in the 90s. Now mobile QBs are much easier to find then they were in the 90s. That offense is hard to prep for in just a week in the middle of the season. That is who they are and that is what made them Nebraska. The sooner they go back to their identity and run the wishbone/triple option the sooner they could possibly return to being very competitive. They aren’t going to compete with all those schools you just named if they are going after the same players because they aren’t going to get them.

Just my opinion but that was Nebraska’s identity and bread and butter.

The wishbone doesn’t work anymore, there’s a reason only the service academies and GT run it. Defenses are way too big and fast to have your QB getting hit 30 times a game with no threat of a passing game. Bama with all their talent wouldn’t make that system work in today’s game. So how would Nebraska running it with inferior athletes help? GT is in the middle of Atlanta which is a top 5 city for NFL talent and can’t even so much as get third tier recruits to give them a look because of that system. Nebraska wouldn’t even get athletes as good as GT in today’s landscape running that.

Btw it’s a myth they didn’t get top recruits back then. Frasier, Lawrence Phillips, Ahman Green, Eric Crouch, Frost, etc. and many more were all top recruits. That’s the reason it worked...they were 3 deep with NFL backs and huge linemen. But that was in a different landscape when Nebraska like ND was one of the few programs on TV every week so top recruits went there to play. They aren’t getting those caliber of players anymore regardless of system, much less if they tried to run a wishbone. Their best bet is to do exactly what they’re doing...run an exciting system kids want to play in to where they get decent second and third tier recruits. Then hope to develop a QB that allows them to compete with the elite teams that outrecruit them at other positions. They moved away from that system to begin with because they could no longer get top tier recruits to come play in it.

I do not believe Tommy Frazier was a big time recruit at all. Wasn’t he from Tampa? None of UF, FSU or Miami recruited him.

I don’t believe Lawrence Phillips was heavily recruited either.

Georgia Tech isn’t any good because they have about half the tradition and history that Nebraska has. They also have a bigger instate school in the same state as them. GT is also in a lousy football conference that is a basketball conference first. You can’t compare the GT program to the Nebraska program. Not even close.

Yes Nebraska has more tradition than GT, the point is that GT has access to more talent than Nebraska does within a 50 mile radius and still can’t even get a sniff from second and third tier prospects because of their system. No kids with NFL talent, which is what you need to win, is going to Nebraska to play in a wishbone. They did in the past when Nebraska was one of the few teams on TV, and also when they could pull recruits from hotbeds like Texas because of being in the Big 12, but neither of those things are in their favor anymore. Solich openly talked about having to change because they could no longer compete for the better recruits, going back to it wouldn’t help them. It would just tank their program just like GT’s has since they made the switch. It will take them half a decade or more to rebuild when they fire Johnson, just like it did to Nebraska when it fired Solich. It’s not a competitive system anymore.

What they need to do is build strong lines and pluck a couple of skill guys from states like Texas, California, and Florida that the top schools don’t want but that fit their system. That’s what a school like Oregon did during their run. And that’s what he did at UCF. You can find enough of those guys to put an exciting offense on the field. Running the wishbone would set their program back 20 years.

No football players wants to go to GT because it is a small engineering school that plays in a crappy football conference and has next to zero football tradition. And again it has a bigger in state school that’s plays in the best football conference in America and cares about football. GT doesn’t care about their football program.

It’s no coincidence they haven’t won since Osborne. They tried to change who they are and play a system they can’t get the athletes to run. Yes they set themselves back 20 years by trying to be somebody there not.

No football players wants to go to GT because it is a small engineering school that plays in a crappy football conference and has next to zero football tradition. And again it has a bigger in state school that’s plays in the best football conference in America and cares about football. GT doesn’t care about their football program.

It’s no coincidence they haven’t won since Osborne. They tried to change who they are and play a system they can’t get the athletes to run. Yes they set themselves back 20 years by trying to be somebody there not.

Doesn't GT also have some pretty strict admission requirements? That plus funky system is NOT a recipe for good recruiting.

Yep and it’s a small school of only about 15,000 students.

Not even close to Nebraska.

If Frost could win, state high schools would start switching to similar offenses, in an effort to produce players that Nebraska would want to sign. Not sure Frost will win there, tho...

I actually think Frost will win but I’m not sure he will win enough. He’s their golden child so he will be given a long leash. I like the guy but he is going through some major growing pains right now.

There’s a whole host of reasons Nebraska isn’t winning anymore, switching from the wishbone isn’t one of them. Nobody on any level of football is winning at a high level with that offense anymore. It’s delusional to think they’d somehow be the exception because they had success with it 30 years ago. Again, there’s a reason only like 4 teams in the entire country run it, three of which are service academies. Top level recruits don’t want to play in it which is why Nebraska moved away from it to begin with. Changing demographics, a strategic mistake leaving the Big 12, hiring shitty coaches, etc. are why they’re losing. The wishbone is way down the list.

To say that recruiting isn't any different than it was under Osborne is asinine.

Social media, iPhone footage, etc all exists now.

That diamond in the rough from the Great Plains nobody knew about but Nebraska no longer exists.

Completely different game.

I do not believe Tommy Frazier was a big time recruit at all. Wasn’t he from Tampa? None of UF, FSU or Miami recruited him.

I don’t believe Lawrence Phillips was heavily recruited either.

Georgia Tech isn’t any good because they have about half the tradition and history that Nebraska has. They also have a bigger instate school in the same state as them. GT is also in a lousy football conference that is a basketball conference first. You can’t compare the GT program to the Nebraska program. Not even close.

Frazier was the top dual threat qb in the country in HS. Nebraska beat ND for him and it was a huge get. Phillips was a little under the radar, but Osborne was a monster recruiter on both sides of the ball.

Part of it is the same problem Michigan and ND has. Michigan has a half a title in the last 70 years. ND hasn't won one since 1993. It used to be 20 years ago only a handful of teams got their games televised on TV every week, ND in particular had a TV deal well before that was ever a thing. So if you wanted exposure as a top recruit you went to a ND or a Michigan or a Nebraska, but you don't have to do that today to get exposure. So if you're a top recruit from Cali or Texas or Florida or Georgia...you're not leaving your home state, especially when you have other top options, to go play at those schools. It's no coincidence all those schools have mostly sucked for the past two decades.

Which is why IMO then leaving the Big 12 was a real strategic error for them. Oklahoma has a similar problem in terms of not having a home recruiting base worth a damn, but because they're in the Big 12 they can still recruit Texas heavily and get elite athletes. Nebraska lost that when they went to the Big 10. Now they're left trying to recruit in the midwest where pickings are slim and there are other schools with more tradition than them who get first dibs on the few elite recruits that are even there. They're basically in no man's land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT