ADVERTISEMENT

Can we hear more about how Florida should have hired either Chip Kelly or Scott Frost?

I don’t really think this is a valid point. Frost built that team, they were 0-12 the year before he took over. And they were pretty young last year and returned a lot this year including one of the better QB’s in the country. The new coach also ran a similar system to Frost’s. That they’re 4-0 now doesn’t reflect poorly on Frost, it anything it’s the opposite. He left a team good enough to where a new coach can come in and win right away.

Anyway...can y’all move on now? This thread has basically become a personal I told you so of you vs. Homosassie. Neither side is really interested in actually seeing any viewpoints on either side. I don’t think many Gator fans care at this point about Frost or Kelly’s record either. Too busy worried about our own shit.

Maybe. I'm sure the players Frost left were coached up and developed and that plays a role in the team being 4-0. But are you saying Frost gets the credit for UCF being 4-0 but Mike Riley gets the blame ('poor' roster) for Nebraska being 0-4?

And on the other hand, whoever UCF's current coach is, could be no worse than 0-4 at Nebraska right now. So maybe the guy at UCF now is just as good as Frost? Maybe that makes them both great, maybe that makes them both 0-4 at Nebraska.

I always go back to this: Good coaches can improve any team and have them playing well. When Cheatersee hired Butch Jones, either their first or second game was against Oregon. There was a Cheatersee fan who said that Cheatersee would lose by 50, and that was ok. I said that was bullsh*t. Butch had all summer to prep his team for that game, no one expected them to win, but there was no excuse for not being competitive. Sure enough, Cheatersee lost by like 40-50 points, the Cheatersee fan said it was meaningless. I said it was a huge red flag, and he was fired 4 years later.

Frost was never competitive against Michigan and wasn't for 3 quarters against Purdue. They play #15 Wisconsin and will likely get blown out again.

Those are red flags. Maybe he gets it straightened out, but I'm not seeing anything from Frost so far that tells me that this was a smart hire by Nebraska.

Maybe. I'm sure the players Frost left were coached up and developed and that plays a role in the team being 4-0. But are you saying Frost gets the credit for UCF being 4-0 but Mike Riley gets the blame ('poor' roster) for Nebraska being 0-4?

And on the other hand, whoever UCF's current coach is, could be no worse than 0-4 at Nebraska right now. So maybe the guy at UCF now is just as good as Frost? Maybe that makes them both great, maybe that makes them both 0-4 at Nebraska.

I think you’re being a little bit intentionally obtuse here because you’re so dug in with your argument with the other guy. How quickly a coach wins has a lot to do with the roster they were left behind, whether good or bad. UCF went undefeated last year and returned a lot of players including the most important position on the team...QB. It’s no surprise they’re 4-0 even with the turnover in staff. I guess you could argue anybody could do that at UCF which you’re kinda implying. But then I’d ask you why Frost is the only coach in college football history to take a team from 0-12 to 12-0 in two years. I doubt he forgot to coach in all of four games.

Saban went 7-6 in year one and it wasn’t because he forgot how to coach, the roster wasn’t good enough. But if Saban were to leave now I’d be willing to bet the next coach whoever they were would have a pretty good year one. Why? Because Saban would be leaving them a monster roster. Would that somehow be a poor reflection on Saban because Bama keeps winning after he leaves? Of course not. It would just partly reflect that he left behind a really good situation for somebody to step into. There’s a reason you should give most coaches 3-4 years to see what they can build. Larry Coker has one of the best coaching records of all time largely due to the fact he was left a great roster, a few years later he’s fired and coaching at UTSA. The new UCF guy may be the same, he didn’t build that team, it’s 4 games in.

I think you’re being a little bit intentionally obtuse here because you’re so dug in with your argument with the other guy. How quickly a coach wins has a lot to do with the roster they were left behind, whether good or bad

Re-read my post. I specifically said that a good coach can make a bad team more COMPETITIVE.

You mentioned Saban. He had a bad record but he got the team to play COMPETITIVELY in every game. They almost beat #1 LSU for Pete's sake.

A good coach could have made Nebraska more competitive against Michigan, against Purdue. Frost could not.

Frost may end up winning the following 10 NCs at Nebraska, but right now he looks totally in over his head.

I actually agree with both your’s and Oozie’s points. Both make valid points/arguments. Frost certainly doesn’t have much to work with but I do think that maybe Nebraska should at least be a little more competitive than they have been so far.

Frost is playing a walk on QB. Chances are you don't even know the name of even one of our walk on QBs on the roster. Imagine us playing with a walk on QB. Nebraska's opponents thus far are 14-3, while ours are 12-11. Nebraska has played 2 teams currently ranked at #15 and #21. We've played 1 at #13. Why keep comparing apples to oranges?
Oozie and I get it. Then there are those that are challenged and can't make it pass first base in the thought process.

Frost is playing a walk on QB. Chances are you don't even know the name of even one of our walk on QBs on the roster. Imagine us playing with a walk on QB. Nebraska's opponents thus far are 14-3, while ours are 12-11. Nebraska has played 2 teams currently ranked at #15 and #21. We've played 1 at #13. Why keep comparing apples to oranges?
Oozie and I get it. Then there are those that are challenged and can't make it pass first base in the thought process.
Adrian Martinez played the entire game against Purdue at QB. He is not a walk on but a 4* DT QB. The walk on played in games #2 and #3.

I figured since you apparently know so much that you would know that a walk on QB did not play against Purdue.

With that being said offense hasn’t been the only problem at Nebraska. What about the defense? They can’t stop NOBODY. I would expect them to compete a little bit better on the defensive side of the ball. However bringing the entire UCF defensive staff with him was a mistake that Frost made.

I’ve said it over and over again that I like Frost but with that being said he shouldn’t be getting beat this bad.

Adrian Martinez played the entire game against Purdue at QB. He is not a walk on but a 4* DT QB. The walk on played in games #2 and #3.

I figured since you apparently know so much that you would know that a walk on QB did not play against Purdue.

With that being said offense hasn’t been the only problem at Nebraska. What about the defense? They can’t stop NOBODY. I would expect them to compete a little bit better on the defensive side of the ball. However bringing the entire UCF defensive staff with him was a mistake that Frost made.

I’ve said it over and over again that I like Frost but with that being said he shouldn’t be getting beat this bad.
I stand corrected. As I stated earlier, I don't care, nor do I follow, Husker or Bruin football. Martinez left the 1st game with a right knee injury towards the end and Bunch had to finish it out. Apparently, Martinez played some in the Michigan game, but still has a bad wheel that is getting better each week. It's kind of important for a DT QB to be able to...ahem...pass AND run...hence the term "dual threat". And you do know Martinez is a true freshman, right? So, he was only starting his 2nd game AND as true frosh. Not all true freshman are a Trevor Lawrence or Tua Tagovailoa would you agree??

I will say it is good to see that at least one of you is thinking. I applaud you Paco and give you the "It's happening!!!" shout out for getting your gears going. Malone is still sitting in the dugout in his soiled skivvies drooling and repeating my name and Les Miles name over and over.

What about the Nebraska defense? Should it be this bad? Were they this bad on defense last year?

Too much focus on records...

Frost will get it done at Neb...and we know that Kelly has ability...

That being said, sadgator is pretty certain that we would not have won that MSU game last night with either of them on our sideline instead of Dan...

Dan knows how to win in the SEC...
And against the West.., we will see 3:30 in the swamp?

What about the Nebraska defense? Should it be this bad? Were they this bad on defense last year?
I don't follow Husker football, but according to the stats:
Scoring Defense 115 out of 129
Total Defense 100 out of 129
Rushing Defense 114 out of 129
3rd down defense 99 out of 129
Passing Yards allowed 60 out of 129

I would say the answer is YES! Hope this helps.

Nebraska is currently 97th in the nation in Total Defense.

Last year, they were 116th in Total Defense (basic math still stymies the secretary).

Really? Maybe you should contact the NCAA and let them know....they are the ones that keep the final stats that count. Thanks for playing!!! LMAO!! When will you learn grasshopper.

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

And I thought I might add to help you out since you are "obvious lee" challenged, but 97th is better than 100th or 116th. Frost has already made improvements 4 games into his first season, since you are so focused on September!!!! Go crawl under the porch dingbat.

Last edited:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p2

Scroll down to the bottom.....Nebraska 97th in Total Defense this season. Not 100th.

And here's 2017 - https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2017-team-defense.html

Scroll down.....Nebraska 116th.

Class dismissed.
Oh, I know where you found the 116th dumbass. The problem is the NCAA holds the official records, which are the only records that count. So, it's interesting you used NCAA site for stats YTD and used another (non-official) for 2017 to try and justify. Again, no consistency in your arguments, other than being consistently wrong. Not to mention this "other" website calls it "Team Defense", not "Total Defense". Maybe you can a job there!!! LMAO!!!

No Math Skills. No Reading Skills. No Football Knowledge. No Debate Skills.

Sad. Very.

And BTW, I didn't say NU was #100 this season in Total Defense!!! Those are the NCAA final stats for 2017. I provided those because the question Paco asked was "Were they this bad on defense last year?". My response was Yes after providing the '17 rankings. You should really work on your reading comprehensive skills Hillbilly!!!! Are you trying to set a new record for how many times you can be wrong in one thread?? Was your last record not enough.

Sincerely,
The Professor

Um...okay...

In other news, Nebraska sucks, and actually is currently historically sucking.

They're going to end up with 10 losses.

Um...okay...

In other news, Nebraska sucks, and actually is currently historically sucking.

They're going to end up with 10 losses.

Meanwhile, Florida is having a great season and Mullen just beat a ranked opponent. On the road, no less. We were told that couldn't happen.

Bullet dodged.

My 10 win prediction is still intact at this point with the 1st part of the soft of the schedule behind us and the meat of the schedule looming before we get to skate again at the end. The unexpected loss to UK makes it tough, but October will tell us what we need to know. Work 'em silly Gators!!

My 10 win prediction is still intact at this point with the 1st part of the soft of the schedule behind us and the meat of the schedule looming before we get to skate again at the end. The unexpected loss to UK makes it tough, but October will tell us what we need to know. Work 'em silly Gators!!

The only loss is to #13 Kentucky. Florida still has to play #5 LSU and then #2 Georgia.

There's no shame whatsoever in Florida going 9-3 against that schedule, in fact it would be quite the accomplishment.

The only loss is to #13 Kentucky. Florida still has to play #5 LSU and then #2 Georgia.

There's no shame whatsoever in Florida going 9-3 against that schedule, in fact it would be quite the accomplishment.
At this point in early October.

LSU won't be in Top 10 (maybe top 15) at season's end and UK won't be in the Top 15 (maybe top 20). Most likely no other team on our schedule will be ranked at season's end. Which would mean we didn't beat a single ranked opponent the entire season. 9-3 is good, but hardly an accomplishment with the schedule. I am hopeful against LSU in that I have a hunch they are closer to pretenders than contenders and get us back on track for 10-2.

At this point in early October.

Which is all we have to go on. Case in point, at this point in early October, Mullen has taken Florida from unranked, to #22 in the country, and just beat a ranked SEC team.

On the road. A lot of happy Florida fans have been participating in many threads here and celebrating the big win and start to the season that Mullen has given them......except for you. You've only posted in this thread about Nebraska and Frost.

Go figure.

The homosissy and the red-turd in a 2-troll bitch-slappin' contest on the Gator's board.

Grabs popcorn and sits back to watch... :cool:

[QUOTE="GhostOfMatchesMalone, post: 1340622, member: 25002"
A lot of happy Florida fans have been participating in many threads here and celebrating the big win and start to the season that Mullen has given them......except for you. You've only posted in this thread about Nebraska and Frost.

Go figure.[/QUOTE]
Strange. You can't restrain yourself from starting threads clearly directed to me. Then you even have me on your mind when I am not posting in a thread.

You do care!! The scary part is, maybe just a little too much. Speaking of restraining, sounds like I may need to get law enforcement involved.

Strange. You can't restrain yourself from starting threads clearly directed to me. Then you even have me on your mind when I am not posting in a thread.

You do care!! The scary part is, maybe just a little too much. Speaking of restraining, sounds like I may need to get law enforcement involved.

Come to think of it, you didn't feel like celebrating when Mullen's Florida team pounded Cheatersee either. But you did make mention of the fact that MSU was overrated, so if Mullen's Florida team beat them, well he really can't get credit for that cause he should have. And sure enough, Mullen's Florida team beat MSU, and you don't want to talk about it.

Kinda the same thread we're hearing now with your talk of how LSU is likely a pretender, ie if Florida beats them that won't count either.

Come to think of it, you didn't feel like celebrating when Mullen's Florida team pounded Cheatersee either. But you did make mention of the fact that MSU was overrated, so if Mullen's Florida team beat them, well he really can't get credit for that cause he should have. And sure enough, Mullen's Florida team beat MSU, and you don't want to talk about it.

Kinda the same thread we're hearing now with your talk of how LSU is likely a pretender, ie if Florida beats them that won't count either.
Obsess much?
Seek help.
Now.

Week 6 update:

Mullen improves to 5-1 with a win over #5 LSU

Chip Kelly loses again, falls to 0-5.
Scott Frost loses again, falls to 0-5.

Week 6 update:

Mullen improves to 5-1 with a win over #5 LSU

Chip Kelly loses again, falls to 0-5.
Scott Frost loses again, falls to 0-5.
Obsess much?
Seek help.
Now.

Homosassie Gator's preseason prediction for UF record as of 10/7/18: 5-1
Right again!!! Have I ever been wrong...wait, there was that time about NU's QB!! Livin' in your head rent free!! BTW, UK's wall is tumbling down as I predicted as well!!!! LMAO!!!
Sincerely,
Your Master

Obsess much?
Seek help.
Now.

Homosassie Gator's preseason prediction for UF record as of 10/7/18: 5-1
Right again!!! Have I ever been wrong...wait, there was that time about NU's QB!! Livin' in your head rent free!! BTW, UK's wall is tumbling down as I predicted as well!!!! LMAO!!!
Sincerely,
Your Master

Florida just beat a Top 5 team after beating a ranked team last week...and this is your only post on this board since it's happened.

Wow.

Just say it...."Homosassie Gator was right. Again."
The truth shall set you free of this frustration and anguish that weighs heavy on your shoulders.

You being right or wrong has nothing to do with the fact that you clearly have no interest in celebrating another big win by Mullen's Gators. You'd rather stay here and get smacked around by your daddy.

That is incredibly revealing. You are no more a Florida fan than bucanole is.

You being right or wrong has nothing to do with the fact that you clearly have no interest in celebrating another big win by Mullen's Gators. You'd rather stay here and get smacked around by your daddy.

That is incredibly revealing. You are no more a Florida fan than bucanole is.
Yes obvious lee, I spent the late morning and early afternoon tailgating with about 15 of my brothers from the Zeta Phi Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi before the game yesterday, roasted in the sun during the game and rocked the house afterwards in celebration because I am not a gator fan. And that degree that hangs on my wall from UF also is further proof I am not a gator fan. Is this what you have left, distraction? Set yourself free...just say it. You and your other monikers might get some sleep tonight if you do. Say it and rest easy.

Week 7 update:

Mullen wills Florida from trailing by 18 to win on the road in the SEC. Historic win, Florida improves to 6-1 and will be Top 10 headed to the Georgia game.

The secretary is thrilled and celebrating wildly with other Florida fans here, as you can see LMAO!

Frost, incredibly, blows ANOTHER game, Cornhuskers fall to 0-6.

Has a Power 5 program every fired a coach for going winless in his first season?

Good grief...

Frost choked today. First time in Nebraska history they have started 0-6.

Mullen is a great coach. We made out in the coaching carousel this offseason.

[QUOTE="GhostOfMatchesMalone, post: 1348782,

When asked by reporters what happened, Frost said "I don't call the defense."

Wow. Totally in over his head.[/QUOTE]Did he really say that?

Well that is what he gets for bringing the UCF defensive staff with him.

They blew that quote out of proportion if you actually see the full quote. They asked Frost what he himself would have changed on the 99 yard drive, he said he doesn’t call the defense. It was a dumb question, why would Frost change anything defensively when he’s not the coordinator?

Week 7 update:

Mullen wills Florida from trailing by 18 to win on the road in the SEC. Historic win, Florida improves to 6-1 and will be Top 10 headed to the Georgia game.

The secretary is thrilled and celebrating wildly with other Florida fans here, as you can see LMAO!

Some of us are real fans and were in Nashville for the game, then headed out for celebratory dinner and drinks afterwards with other real fans. Others are in the basements on the board of a team they have no allegiance to and seem obsessed with a small handful of coaches and one gator poster. And I wouldn't say I am happy with the win because it was very ugly. I would describe it as thankful for the win. A bad Vandy team gave us all we could handle. This was a gimme win as far as I was concerned going in and leaves me concerned. Thankfully we have a bye week and I expect UGA despite getting trounced by LSU to come in po'd and put the hurt on us. Hopefully, I am wrong, but you know better than anyone that I haven't been yet.

And excuse me...did you say "historic win"?? Oh Dear. LMAO! You seem to struggle with definitions of simple words, much like you do with basic math and knowledge of college football. You see, I know Vandy hasn't beaten us in Nashville since I was a student at UF (late 80's) and I think they have only beaten us once overall during that time (maybe twice, but I think once). On top of that, Vandy was 3-3 and 0-2 in the conference. UK's win over us, their first in 30+ years was a "historic win". If Vandy had beaten us today, it would have been a "historic win". But, our win over Vandy is expected. The Sharkhumper even beat a comparable Vandy team last year by a similar margin. Let that sink in. "Historic"....LOL!! You spelled it right. Maybe they teach the definition of words in your next grade...unless you get stuck in the 7th grade like you are at 1st base.

Now, we are heading out for more drinks and live tunes on Printer's Alley to continue the celebration. You go brush your teeth and change your panties, your momma will be downstairs to tuck you in shortly. Nighty-night sport!! LOL..."historic"!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT