ADVERTISEMENT

Can we hear more about how Florida should have hired either Chip Kelly or Scott Frost?

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
thatd-be-great-5vud0g.jpg

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I agree in regards to Chip Kelly but not simply because UCLA lost their first 2 games. And I think it’s comical to make an evaluation of new head coach based on whether or not they win or lose their first game. So what Nebraska lost their first game of the Frost era. That couldn’t be less indicative of his future at Nebraska. Saban had a losing season his first year at Bama.

I’m not claiming that Frost would have been a better hire than Mullen, but I am saying Frost’s loss today is meaningless in regards to his long term performance at Nebraska.

I think it’s hilarious that some Gator fans were proclaiming that Mullen was a better hire than Taggert simply because Mullen beat a high school team in week 1 and Taggart lost the first game of his tenure at FSU. I agree that Mullen was a much better hire but it has nothing to do with the 1st game of their tenures.

Both of them will be fine. Both are starting true freshman QB’s on teams that had losing records last year. They’re going to take lumps. By the end of the game Nebraska was playing a walk-on QB. Their ONE scholarship QB got injured. They won’t make a bowl most likely.

Saban had a losing season his first year at Bama.

Saban was 7-6 his first season at Bama.

And I didn't know Kelly lost again LOL Kelly was never a good idea because anyone that pays attention knew he would leave as soon as a West Coast job opened, college or pro.

Frost was never a good idea because he was a complete unknown as a Power 5 coach and Florida shouldn't take a gamble on an unknown.

Mullen was a great choice, just mainly laughing at 2 posters who told everyone that Mullen was a horrible hire, they both were hot and bothered over Frost and Kelly instead.

We all knew Mullen wasn’t going to come in and be a first year genius and anybody who thought that is lost. I expected 5 losses and what I’m seeing is spot on. Mullen is building this program from the ground up, he will get them there. I would rather a house be built slow and done right than the way Meyer did it because look how far he fell after he didn’t have anything!!!

Give Mullen some time because it’s goibg to be good. I actually love seeing what I’m seeing because he’s building the QB up, but that OLine has a lot of work to do, a lot. This could be the worse OLine UF has ever had, that’s not Mullen’s fault whatsoever that’s on the I can’t believe it’s not butte guy McElwain!!!

Are you this stupid or just trolling?

I'm too impressed by Nebraska's loss to Colorado to take you seriously.

Edit: And have no idea who Kelly lost to, but I'm sure they were impressive too. Both of them. You and Fever can spend this week discussing how you wished you were 0-2 right now like Kelly is LOL

Kentucky got beat last week at home by Central Michigan by 2 touchdowns. Then they go on the road and beat UF. Not a great start to the Mullen era. Its only the 2nd game of his 1st season, but nonetheless he will always be remembered as the coach who ended a 30 winning streak to Kentucky. Spurrier must be sick to his stomach.

We all knew Mullen wasn’t going to come in and be a first year genius and anybody who thought that is lost. I expected 5 losses and what I’m seeing is spot on. Mullen is building this program from the ground up, he will get them there. I would rather a house be built slow and done right than the way Meyer did it because look how far he fell after he didn’t have anything!!!

Give Mullen some time because it’s goibg to be good. I actually love seeing what I’m seeing because he’s building the QB up, but that OLine has a lot of work to do, a lot. This could be the worse OLine UF has ever had, that’s not Mullen’s fault whatsoever that’s on the I can’t believe it’s not butte guy McElwain!!!

Yeah...because the the dominant players at MSU and sturdy foundation at every position he left should get them to the middle of the SEC West again. Mac won the East in his first year. He won it in his 2nd year. He never lost to Kentucky. Blame anyone else but him for the loss to Kentucky tonight. Good grief. Move on.

Reactions: ScoutsOutGator
Kentucky got beat last week at home by Central Michigan by 2 touchdowns. Then they go on the road and beat UF. Not a great start to the Mullen era. Its only the 2nd game of his 1st season, but nonetheless he will always be remembered as the coach who ended a 30 winning streak to Kentucky. Spurrier must be sick to his stomach.
They(UK) won last week didn't they?

I'd still prefer either of those two coaches. Mullen never won anything as a head coach and never will. He's a decent coach, nothing more. In 9 years as a head coach, he couldn't win his division and I think his best finish was 4th in the SEC. Not impressive.

Reactions: Homosassie Gator
I thought Frost looked pretty good yesterday. He didn't get a chance to beat up on a cupcake for his first win like we did, so it's unfair to criticize him too heavily. He had the lead going into the final minutes and his QB, a true freshman, looked much better than Franks. I'd take a swap for Frost in a second.

Reactions: Homosassie Gator
31 years. 7 Head Coaches. Zook never lost to UK. Muschamp never lost to UK. McElwain never lost to UK. Dan the $6MM Man loses in year one. He beats bad teams on his watered down schedules, but can't win against mediocre to great teams. That's his history. Average 7 wins per season, along with 5 losses and his wins comes against weak, weak opponents. UK is a horrible team where we have better athletes at every position. Where we aren't better than UK is at coaching at just about every position. Mullen is an average HC and a good OC.

We can point to losses by Frost and Kelly, hell we can even laugh at Taggart's clown show, but none of them would have lost to UK with this team last night. NOT. ONE. There's only a handful of HCs capable of doing it and we are paying $6MM per year for one.

Malone don't ever question me again. I am a college football GOD. Malone assume your familiar position on your knees and swallow my gator totem pole and don't forget to tongue the twins like you used to. Has Mullen said anything stupid yet like that yellow buck toothed idiot that we can part ways with him now and find a real coach.

31 years. 7 Head Coaches. Zook never lost to UK. Muschamp never lost to UK. McElwain never lost to UK. Dan the $6MM Man loses in year one. He beats bad teams on his watered down schedules, but can't win against mediocre to great teams. That's his history. Average 7 wins per season, along with 5 losses and his wins comes against weak, weak opponents. UK is a horrible team where we have better athletes at every position. Where we aren't better than UK is at coaching at just about every position. Mullen is an average HC and a good OC.

We can point to losses by Frost and Kelly, hell we can even laugh at Taggart's clown show, but none of them would have lost to UK with this team last night. NOT. ONE. There's only a handful of HCs capable of doing it and we are paying $6MM per year for one.

Malone don't ever question me again. I am a college football GOD. Malone assume your familiar position on your knees and swallow my gator totem pole and don't forget to tongue the twins like you used to. Has Mullen said anything stupid yet like that yellow buck toothed idiot that we can part ways with him now and find a real coach.

Speaking of assuming the position, I see you are back for your bi-weekly attempt at getting even at me. You don't even care about Florida football anymore, getting even with the guy that knows why Less Miles is sitting at home instead of coaching is your entire reason for being here now.

Speaking of crushed egos, I saw the ole ball coach reminiscing on past glory in the booth last night. He talked about all the people that helped make Florida great.

Never mentioned the secretary that made the coffee. Haha....

I think Kelly and Frost are better coaches than Mullen but you’re delusional to say they wouldn’t have lost to UK with our roster. Kelly already lost to Cincinnati and they aren’t as good as UK. Nebraska likely will not make a bowl game this year. Say all to say...even good coaches can’t win with a bad roster. And make no mistake about it...UF’s roster is bad. It’s in the bottom half of the SEC. truth is if not for a miracle play against UT and UK leaving receivers uncovered TWICE last year we finish with two wins. This roster is garbage.

I think Kelly and Frost are better coaches than Mullen but you’re delusional to say they wouldn’t have lost to UK with our roster. Kelly already lost to Cincinnati and they aren’t as good as UK. Nebraska likely will not make a bowl game this year. Say all to say...even good coaches can’t win with a bad roster. And make no mistake about it...UF’s roster is bad. It’s in the bottom half of the SEC. truth is if not for a miracle play against UT and UK leaving receivers uncovered TWICE last year we finish with two wins. This roster is garbage.

And it’s not just that it is thin on talent. The general mindset seems to be pretty soft and disorganized.

Speaking of assuming the position, I see you are back for your bi-weekly attempt at getting even at me. You don't even care about Florida football anymore, getting even with the guy that knows why Less Miles is sitting at home instead of coaching is your entire reason for being here now.

Speaking of crushed egos, I saw the ole ball coach reminiscing on past glory in the booth last night. He talked about all the people that helped make Florida great.

Never mentioned the secretary that made the coffee. Haha....
Getting even? I've been ahead since day one and have never looked back hillbilly. Les Miles didn't lose to f'n UK yesterday. Did Les wiped his d0ng on your face when he was done with you and you just can't let it go? LMFAO!! There's only a few coaches who could manage to lose to UK last night. We hired one and not one coach on my list would have done so with this team. You seem mad. Didn't Bama win yesterday? I guess being manhandled by Homosassie Gator is too much for you!

And it’s not just that it is thin on talent. The general mindset seems to be pretty soft and disorganized.

Yep. Look at a guy like Martez Ivey and he’s Mr. 5-Star everything. Has been getting whipped for three years and now in his senior year with an NFL contact on the line he’s still getting whipped and doesn’t seem to care. Then we have another idiot who’s been suspended multiple times announcing a transfer 30 mins after a game ends, two games into the season.

Has to be the most unlikable group of players we’ve ever had. Unsurprisingly, since the clown they signed to play for was equally as unlikable.

Reactions: bradleygator
Yep. Look at a guy like Martez Ivey and he’s Mr. 5-Star everything. Has been getting whipped for three years and now in his senior year with an NFL contact on the line he’s still getting whipped and doesn’t seem to care. Then we have another idiot who’s been suspended multiple times announcing a transfer 30 mins after a game ends, two games into the season.

Has to be the most unlikable group of players we’ve ever had. Unsurprisingly, since the clown they signed to play for was equally as unlikable.

Like in terms of intensity and taking your job seriously, Will Hill is like Dick Butkis compared to this group.

Running around, getting in frying pan fights with local gangsters and gamblers, commiting mass credit card fraud, like wtf is with these guys?

Like in terms of intensity and taking your job seriously, Will Hill is like Dick Butkis compared to this group.

They’re losers. Which is why they signed to play for a soft loser. If they had any sense they’d have signed with a program worth a damn. What recruit sits down with Mac and decides they want to trust their future to him? Clearly not anybody who takes their career seriously. Anybody with any street smarts would have sniffed his bullshit from jump, he is/was a used car salesman. Not even factoring in that he’s a fat cornball.

This post will not age well in a couple of seasons. This loss is squarely on Mullen's predecessor and their systematic failure in recruiting and developing talent. Once Mullen is a few years removed from State, you'll see just how good he is.

And you are 100% wrong that Florida has better athletes/talent. Kentucky has just as many, if not more players that will be playing on Sunday then the current Gator roster.

And you are 100% wrong that Florida has better athletes/talent. Kentucky has just as many, if not more players that will be playing on Sunday then the current Gator roster.

That actually may be close to being true. I was shocked looking at the 2016 class and how hardly any of those blue chippers had done anything.

Reactions: -BBH-
I'm too impressed by Nebraska's loss to Colorado to take you seriously.

Edit: And have no idea who Kelly lost to, but I'm sure they were impressive too. Both of them. You and Fever can spend this week discussing how you wished you were 0-2 right now like Kelly is LOL
He lost to a team called the Oklahoma Sooners. Maybe you’ve heard of em.

This post will not age well in a couple of seasons. This loss is squarely on Mullen's predecessor and their systematic failure in recruiting and developing talent. Once Mullen is a few years removed from State, you'll see just how good he is.

It's hilarious how some here think the answer is to fire Mullen now (Ok give him the rest of the season) and get a 4th coach in 9 seasons.

What Florida needs right now more than anything is stability. Mullen needs a chance to get an ENTIRE roster of HIS recruits on the field, and in his program for 4-5 years minimum. You've got players on the field that are now dealing with their 3rd or 4th different position coach since they have been there. That's a horrible learning and development environment for any player.

Saban had bad losses his first year at Bama, Kirby had bad losses his first year at Georgia, Meyer had bad losses his first year at Florida. It comes with the territory, what Florida needs now is to give these coaches a chance to put their culture on this program.

Reactions: -BBH-
It's hilarious how some here think the answer is to fire Mullen now (Ok give him the rest of the season) and get a 4th coach in 9 seasons.

What Florida needs right now more than anything is stability. Mullen needs a chance to get an ENTIRE roster of HIS recruits on the field, and in his program for 4-5 years minimum. You've got players on the field that are now dealing with their 3rd or 4th different position coach since they have been there. That's a horrible learning and development environment for any player.

Saban had bad losses his first year at Bama, Kirby had bad losses his first year at Georgia, Meyer had bad losses his first year at Florida. It comes with the territory, what Florida needs now is to give these coaches a chance to put their culture on this program.

A good coach at a school like UF will show he is on the right track at least by year 3. That 4 and 5 year nonsense doesn't apply to big football schools in the South like UF. They will at least show by year 3 they are ready for things to breakout after that. Muschamp should have never got his 4th year here and Mac should have never got a 4th year even if there wasn't that death threat mess and a total collapse.

ADVERTISEMENT