ADVERTISEMENT

Can Brandon be ANY dumber?

How funny would it be to troll him..

"Agree, 9mm is high caliber. No one needs anything bigger than a .38"

FTR, .38 caliber converted to the metric system is 9.1 mm.
As a kid, I memorized the ballistics in the shooters bible. My Dad was a big time collector. We had the rifles from the Civil war to WWII. Our M1 Garand was a 4 serial number in mint condition. We had the German, Japanese military collection. We had a Thompson sub, with bayonet and leather case which held 4 magazines. An M2 carbine .30cal fully auto. Guns used to be my biggest hobby. Our adversaries used 7.7 mm rounds, supposedly because they could shoot our ammo, but theirs was too big for ours.

Why are libs SO STUPID when it comes to firearms? And how to fight wars?
The f*ck is he on about. What does HIGH CALIBER even mean? The 9mm is a high velocity round, but it took 60 damn years to dial in the right amount of powder and right grain projectile to make it worth a shit.

Anecdotal story:

My buddy tried to kill himself with a 9mm Glock. Shot himself in the chest at point blank range. Bullet went thru and thru and he lost his left lung, but he's fine.

Even in hollow point, that round is garbage.
Placement is way more important than ballistics. Hell. a high powered BB gunshot through the eyeball will kill. I thinned the herd of raccoons in my neighborhood with leg traps and a .177 caliber air rifle, they were out of control. Correct placement dispatches them immediately. Anything else just pisses them off. I'd never heard a raccoon growl before I learned this. :oops:

Anecdotal story:

My buddy tried to kill himself with a 9mm Glock. Shot himself in the chest at point blank range. Bullet went thru and thru and he lost his left lung, but he's fine.

Rather have my .45 if chit goes bad, but my 9's have pretty good ammo...

Just a FYI -- RBCD Ammo 9mm - Not a +p pressure round.

60 gr - 2010 fps - 539 ftlb

Water Jug - from the link below:
"I took my old shooting buddy to the gun club. He is a long rifle accuracy / varmint hunter. I set a gallon milk jug at 15 feet from us. It was filled with water the the top was sealed with duct tape. I shot the milk jug with one of your 9mm rounds from a Beretta. Water showered both of us down good. My buddy said he had seen a center-fire rifle do that, but never a handgun."

Love the .45 too, especially as most gunfights are close range (inside 10'). Down side of the .45 is magazine capacity and compatibility with co-workers.
With a .45 you only have to shoot a perp once, not the usual LEO's 20 times.... 😉

One in the gun and 2 in a pouch is good for a pretty big crowd.
Sniper motto -- one shot, _______
Spraying down the area is poor gun management imo.
Sorry, no cure for dumb/ignorant co-workers....

Reactions: nail1988
With a .45 you only have to shoot a perp once, not the usual LEO's 20 times.... 😉

One in the gun and 2 in a pouch is good for a pretty big crowd.
Sniper motto -- one shot, _______
Spraying down the area is poor gun management imo.
Sorry, no cure for dumb/ignorant co-workers....

I qualify with a 96's, 98's or 100's so there's not much spraying going on.

When snipers snipe, they aren't using a .45.

I shoot ~10,000 rounds per year. Many of us do. We buy 9mm by the pallet.

I qualify with a 96's, 98's or 100's so there's not much spraying going on.

When snipers snipe, they aren't using a .45.

I shoot ~10,000 rounds per year.
Many of us do. We buy 9mm by the pallet.
833 rounds per month, 196 rounds per week, or 28 rounds per day, seems a bit excessive to me.

Dude, I made a general statement, not one directed at anyone in specific, LEOs vs Bama....

A 2019 study of the Dallas Police Department found that in more than 130 shootings, officers struck their targets 35% of the time. Most of their shots were (sprayed) misses.

With LAC shootings involving only one officer, an average of 3.59 police rounds were fired. When 2 officers got involved, the average jumped to 4.98 rounds and with 3 officers or more to 6.48. "The number of rounds fired per officer increases in multiple-officer shootings by as much as 45% over single-officer shootings." (3 LEO's in a group police shooting average 20 rounds fired, or spraying them around, so by-standers should be aware and ducking)
-----

Sniper -- A person who shoots from a hiding place,
(not at any specific distance).

Sniper is not only about sniping enemy heads from afar. There’s a lot more to the sniper operation than just that. You’ll sometimes need to get in close and personal, which a sniper rifle is fairly not designed for.
There are 3 different sniper weapon classes: Primary, Secondary, and Pistols.

A silenced .22 pistol has long been the CIA's (and other professional assassins) close-in weapon of choice... (back of the head, just below the skull)

Trivia note: RFK's supposed assassin was 12 feet away and in front of him, but the .22 kill shot hit him in the back of the head, just below the skull).....
🤓

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
833 rounds per month, 196 rounds per week, or 28 rounds per day, seems a bit excessive to me.

Dude, I made a general statement, not one directed at anyone in specific, LEOs vs Bama....

A 2019 study of the Dallas Police Department found that in more than 130 shootings, officers struck their targets 35% of the time. Most of their shots were (sprayed) misses.

With LAC shootings involving only one officer, an average of 3.59 police rounds were fired. When 2 officers got involved, the average jumped to 4.98 rounds and with 3 officers or more to 6.48. "The number of rounds fired per officer increases in multiple-officer shootings by as much as 45% over single-officer shootings." (3 LEO's in a group police shooting average 20 rounds fired, or spraying them around, so by-standers should be aware and ducking)
-----

Sniper -- A person who shoots from a hiding place,
(not at any specific distance).

Sniper is not only about sniping enemy heads from afar. There’s a lot more to the sniper operation than just that. You’ll sometimes need to get in close and personal, which a sniper rifle is fairly not designed for.
There are 3 different sniper weapon classes: Primary, Secondary, and Pistols.

A silenced .22 pistol has long been the CIA's (and other professional assassins) close-in weapon of choice... (back of the head, just below the skull)

Trivia note: RFK's supposed assassin was 12 feet away and in front of him, but the .22 kill shot hit him in the back of the head, just below the skull).....
🤓

Not excessive at all. Shooting is a perishable skill. I shoot once a week usually practicing not only marksmanship but things like mag changes, jamming, off hand, distance, point shooting (point as in pointing, not scoring), center mass and t-box. I'm a firearms instructor as well so I can't very well suck at shooting.

And a 35% hit rate in the heat of combat is rather fantastic. I would guess the actual hit rate is lower than that.

In the FBI marksmanship course we took, their stats showed that you could count on being about 20% as accurate in a gunfight as you are on the range. So if you shot the minimum (70%) you could count on hitting your target about 14% of the time.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Again, I'm not talking about you, but in general. Did you miss or just ignore that?
And are you speaking for all LEO's, or just for yourself?

Four 50 rnd boxes of 9mm shot per week is not excessive for you. Okeey-Dokeee....
Do your fellow LEO's shoot that much? (doubtful)

"So if the average LEO shoots the minimum (70%) you could count on hitting your target about 14% of the time."
So carry a 9mm Glock with a 19 rnd capacity mag, and carry several extra mags as required.

Just as I said, a lot of SPRAYING around going on, so I'm ducking and hiding if I'm ever around a police shooting. I'd be just as cautious of them as I would be of the shooting criminals....

I'm not a LEO, never wanted to be one. Job has too many negatives, and it's getting worse every day.
Don't want the power or the authority, but I respect those that choose to do the job right.
After I was separated from the military, I just wanted to get the system,,, outta my system, permanently.

Now. Any comment on the RBCD ammo, for any and all calibers, or what a sniper might use?

Anecdotal story:

Was your buddy still ambulatory after shooting himself in the chest? I guess it’s possible that the bullet traversed his body without severing a major blood vessel. Very lucky.

I’m no expert, but I assume stopping power is mostly about causing a rapid drop in blood pressure so they pass out, or at least can’t keep fighting.

Again, I'm not talking about you, but in general. Did you miss or just ignore that?

Four 50 rnd boxes of 9mm shot per week is not excessive for you. Okeey-Dokeee....

"So if the average LEO shoots the minimum (70%) you could count on hitting your target about 14% of the time."
So carry a 9mm Glock with a 19 rnd capacity mag, and carry several extra mags as required.

Just as I said, a lot of SPRAYING around going on, so I'm ducking and hiding if I'm ever around a police shooting. I'd be just as cautious of them as I would be of the shooting criminals....

I'm not a LEO, never wanted to be one. Job has too many negatives, and it's getting worse every day.
Don't want the power or the authority, but I respect those that choose to do the job right.
After I was separated from the military, I just wanted to get the system,,, outta my system, permanently.

Now. Any comment on the RBCD ammo, for any and all calibers, or what a sniper might use?

My point was that it isn't about spraying and praying. The point was hitting your target when bullets are flying back at you isn't an easy thing to accomplish.

Additionally, shooting a .45 isn't going to increase your accuracy. If anything, it's likely to decrease it. And you have lower capacity magazines which means you'll likely carry less ammunition. I like the .45. I'm just not sure it's a great fit for law enforcement. JMO...others feel differently I'm sure.

Very few LEO's shoot 10k a year. They should absolutely be shooting a minimum of 1,200 annually. That's a bare minimum imo.

The average LEO doesn't shoot 70%. That's the bare minimum. Below a 70% and you don't qualify. If you don't qualify, you can't be a cop. Some states have a minimum of 80%. The average likely shoots mid 80's.

If anyone is shooting around you and you aren't, you should absolutely be finding cover. That includes if I'm the cop shooting.

There's a great deal of controversy surrounding RBCD. I'm not an expert on their ammunition. Our amorer orders our duty ammo and he's into FBI shooting stats so we go with their recommendations (smart considering litigious society we live in). We use Winchester PDX1 147 grain for 9mm. We can carry whatever weapon we choose but almost all of us carry Sig or Glock 9's. I carry a Sig but I love the Glocks too.

Reactions: instaGATOR
President Biden on Monday took aim at 9mm handguns, appearing to suggest that the "high-caliber weapons" ought to be banned.
However,
“They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life.”

The 5.56 that these guys are bitching about needs to be banned is a 22 caliber.

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited," Scalia wrote as he laid out certain exceptions. History demonstrates, Scalia said, "the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited," Scalia wrote as he laid out certain exceptions. History demonstrates, Scalia said, "the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."
Just a quick analysis...........Scalia wasn't in favor of legal bazookas or nuclear weapons for the masses. 🤣

I load my own for each weapon that I shoot regularly. I like the Hornady bullets for pistols. But I use the Sierra 168 gr bthp for my .308.
I have RCBD's for some of the pistols, and so far they have done well for me.
They work really well in .45 and for a .357 snub.

The difference I see between a 9mm and a .45 is this.
The .45 might not kill, but it's a heavy shock knock down round. If you want to kill them, you can walk over and shoot them again.

I seem to remember 2 FBI agents in Miami that shot a guy and he went down, so they left cover and started walking towards him. He sat back up and killed them both before he finally died of his wounds. After that, the FBI started using better guns/ammo.

The other drawback with the 9 is over-penetration and that it can still kill bystanders a couple of blocks away.

Were I in charge, I'd have my guys carrying a Thompson .45 semi-auto instead of a Mattel 5.56, but that's just me.... For the Army on a battlefield, the full-auto M-16 5.56 is a fine weapon now days. As with most things, opinions vary with setting and conditions, so each to his own....
-----

My above comments were going on memory from 35 years ago, but I searched and here is one of the articles on it if you're interested.

The new $194 million field office is named for agents Benjamin P. Grogan and Jerry L. Dove, who were killed in that April 11, 1986, shootout with heavily armed bank robbers south of Miami, in what remains the bureau’s bloodiest single day. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee) The scale of the shootout led to the introduction of more effective handguns (and ammo) in the FBI and many police departments around the United States. Listen to Full Rigor here.

Anecdotal story:

Yep, I prefer either the .45 ACP or the 10mm.

I like the 9mm for a range round, pretty cheap and not a lot of recoil - depending on the handgun being used.
But for self defense I stick with the .45ACP. I'd love to have a 10mm but that round is expensive and there just isn't as much out there as there used to be.

Ahh, excuse me, pardon my ignorance but what exactly is RBCD ? Seems like I should know.

From what I’ve read on RCBD is their performance for penetration is dubious, and their reported material make-up of the slug doesn’t match what others have actually found when slicing it in two. There’s conjecture (maybe by me) that perhaps some chicanery was used to get Florida LEO agencies to start using it

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I load my own for each weapon that I shoot regularly. I like the Hornady bullets for pistols. But I use the Sierra 168 gr bthp for my .308.
I have RCBD's for some of the pistols, and so far they have done well for me.
They work really well in .45 and for a .357 snub.

The difference I see between a 9mm and a .45 is this.
The .45 might not kill, but it's a heavy shock knock down round. If you want to kill them, you can walk over and shoot them again.

I seem to remember 2 FBI agents in Miami that shot a guy and he went down, so they left cover and started walking towards him. He sat back up and killed them both before he finally died of his wounds. After that, the FBI started using better guns/ammo.

The other drawback with the 9 is over-penetration and that it can still kill bystanders a couple of blocks away.

Were I in charge, I'd have my guys carrying a Thompson .45 semi-auto instead of a Mattel 5.56, but that's just me.... For the Army on a battlefield, the full-auto M-16 5.56 is a fine weapon now days. As with most things, opinions vary with setting and conditions, so each to his own....
-----

My above comments were going on memory from 35 years ago, but I searched and here is one of the articles on it if you're interested.

The new $194 million field office is named for agents Benjamin P. Grogan and Jerry L. Dove, who were killed in that April 11, 1986, shootout with heavily armed bank robbers south of Miami, in what remains the bureau’s bloodiest single day. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee) The scale of the shootout led to the introduction of more effective handguns (and ammo) in the FBI and many police departments around the United States. Listen to Full Rigor here.

Agree on over penetration from 9mm round. That's my biggest concern with 9mm. There are types of rounds that you can use to help with that but we aren't allowed to carry them.

There are an infinite number of scenarios and in some of them one gun is better than the other and with others the opposite is true. At the end of the day, accuracy seems to have won the day.

On our tactical team we do have access to an H&K UMP which fires a .45 ACP. There's another scenario which involves the bad guy in extreme body armor and the FN 5.7mm.

There just isn't one magic gun or round that does everything.

It is so stricken.

I want to be clear here, I'm not searching for a magic bullet...nor do I want one to find me.
Too late, it’s already in the mail ….

71k7+jo5uZL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Why are libs SO STUPID when it comes to firearms? And how to fight wars?
Libs can't even tie their own shoelaces let alone understand anything about firearms, education, economy, science, health, gender, industry.......damn that's a lot their missing out on🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the laughs guys, yawl just made my afternoon a little better.... 😁
=====

I've got one of those single serving magic bullets and it works well, but my vita-mixer is still the best mixer going.

I have no personal proof, so jmoho's on this.
JFK was shot in the back of the head by the SS from the following car with a brand new M-16.
RFK was shot in the back of the head with a compact .22 by the SS standing close behind him, after SS drew everyone attention from the front. (chit, here come the black Suburbans down my driveway again) jk... 😉

Under the OMG heading....
Going on that, IF Trump was really a true
'outsider,' then the SS would already have shot him...
I take him and all others on their demonstrated performance and nothing else....

Libs should be banned from commenting on war...and guns. EVERY lib is an idiot when it comes to firearms...The second amendment is 100% CLEAR. It bans GOVERNMENT from infringing on the citizens right to keep and bear arms. The part "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so clear...even a stupid lib should be able to understand it. However, as smart as our Founding Fathers were, they could not telegraph how libs disregard ALL laws that do not further their socialist, UNAMERICAN agenda's

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT