ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Mays ruled eligible by NCAA

UGAly

Baby Gator
Aug 26, 2001
now all he needs is for the SEC to cleear him (formality). We now have college free agency.

Is this the kid that transferred after he heard Kirby calling kids the n-word? What’s the backstory on this?

Reactions: sadgator
now all he needs is for the SEC to clear him (formality). We now have college free agency.

But you were perfectly fine with it when you had TWO QB's get an expedited process for immediate eligibility to your program, weren't you? That was fine and dandy, but, oh noes, a player transferring OUT of Georgia got immediate eligibility? Well, the NCAA is broken, we better shut it down! (Edit: Jamie Newman was a grad transfer, so he doesn't count. My bad. Still, their starting QB got immediate eligibility.)

(Seriously dude, you are just going to serve up fat pitches like this? Starting to wonder if you are a Gator posing as a Dawg to try and make them look stupid. Well, you don't need to bother, they do a fine job of it on their own, no help needed.)

Damn Bulldogs are so delusional. Think everything is about them, when NOTHING is about them. 40 years since their only title, but they think they are God's gift to football. Because of this thread, I went to have a look at recent transfers to and from Georgia, when I happened upon this gem. It's the second article in the string:

Laying out the roadmap to Georgia having the No. 1 pick in the NBA, MLB and NFL Drafts
Georgia has had just one No. 1 overall pick in recent memory, as the Detroit Lions took Matthew Stafford with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

But in 2020, there’s a realistic chance that Georgia has the No. 1 overall pick all three drafts.

Over the weekend, we took a deeper look at the chances Georgia could produce the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the 2020 NBA Draft and the 2020 MLB Draft.

For the NFL, quarterback Jake Fromm seems like the most likely candidate, given how much quarterbacks seem to be valued. Offensive tackle Andrew Thomas also might have a case, if he shines this year for the Bulldogs.

That's right, Georgia thought that Fromm wasn't a first round guy, but a first OVERALL guy. Well, they were only off by 4 rounds and 166 picks. Oh, and 7 other QBs that were taken ahead of him. Close!

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-ncaa-transfers

Last edited:
now all he needs is for the SEC to cleear him (formality). We now have college free agency.
Not sure I understand your complaint?? UGA has had a few guys transfer in and become eligible pretty quickly. We already had college football free agency way prior to this post.

Reactions: rdgtr and sadgator
Not sure I understand your complaint?? UGA has had a few guys transfer in and become eligible pretty quickly. We already had college football free agency way prior to this post.
I didn’t think it was a complaint necessarily. Just a statement. And he’s not completely wrong. The Mays story was really weird. How do you get your pinky severed by a folding chair?

Is this the kid that transferred after he heard Kirby calling kids the n-word? What’s the backstory on this?
You know, you continue this narrative that you know nothing about. In fact, I have brought out the FACTS to you before on here. Kirby has a black(African-American) brother in law-for about 20+ years. He is NOT racist. He is in a unique situation with African American players that he can REALLY relate. Your shtick on this subject is old, tired and worn out. It is best that you move on to a different hate talk on Kirby. Out of interest, although to each his own, why is your hate for Kirby more than off the board. What gives?

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
You know, you continue this narrative that you know nothing about. In fact, I have brought out the FACTS to you before on here. Kirby has a black(African-American) brother in law-for about 20+ years. He is NOT racist. He is in a unique situation with African American players that he can REALLY relate. Your shtick on this subject is old, tired and worn out. It is best that you move on to a different hate talk on Kirby. Out of interest, although to each his own, why is your hate for Kirby more than off the board. What gives?
He can really relate to African American players because he knows a black guy? Maybe that’s why he thinks he can get away with saying the n-word.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
He can really relate to African American players because he knows a black guy? Maybe that’s why he thinks he can get away with saying the n-word.
I got it. You have nothing to bring. Except to come on a FL board and say I hate Kirby Smart and UGA to get accolades from FL fans. You are such a small man.

I got it. You have nothing to bring. Except to come on a FL board and say I hate Kirby Smart and UGA to get accolades from FL fans. You are such a small man.
You guys should at least get your coach to end the word in ‘a’ and not ‘er.’ I mean you just lost a guy to Tennessee over it after Fields left. It’s only going to get worse.

I'm sure Kirby chose this very African American to be his sister's husband. So that no longer makes him a racist.:rolleyes:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Don’t need any. But wasn’t this board all offended when the kid that bailed to USC was eligible?

Tell me, had we just gotten the benefit of a probable starting QB receiving an expedited approval (with zero reason for it to have been approved) just a couple months earlier so that we then looked like a bunch of huge hypocrites? Hmm?

Tell me, had we just gotten the benefit of a probable starting QB receiving an expedited approval (with zero reason for it to have been approved) just a couple months earlier so that we then looked like a bunch of huge hypocrites? Hmm?
So where’s the hypocrite part? Maybe when Luke Ford left Georgia for Illinois to be close to his ailing grandpa and was denied, but Fields and Martel got cleared? That hypocrisy?
I fully expected Mays to play but it was hilarious he was initially denied, especially given he left cause his Diddy had a hissy fit and then they lied about why he was leaving. Fvck the Mays family.

So where’s the hypocrite part? Maybe when Luke Ford left Georgia for Illinois to be close to his ailing grandpa and was denied, but Fields and Martel got cleared? That hypocrisy?
I fully expected Mays to play but it was hilarious he was initially denied, especially given he left cause his Diddy had a hissy fit and then they lied about why he was leaving. Fvck the Mays family.

Remember when JT Daniels transferred and got almost immediate eligibility without even having a decent reason for being approved? That was free agency. But did any Bulldogs complain then about the NCAA? I certainly didn't see that. So to now call Mays getting approval free agency? Yeah, that's hypocrisy.

Reactions: rdgtr
The hypocrisy was when JT Daniels transferred and got almost immediate eligibility without even having a decent reason for being approved. That was free agency. But did any Bulldogs complain then about the NCAA? I certainly didn't see that. So to now call Mays getting approval free agency? Yeah, that's hypocrisy.
If it’s FA for one the its for all. I haven’t seen a Dawg say he shouldn’t be cleared, we are just laughing at how his family is a bunch of bitches about it,

If it’s FA for one the its for all. I haven’t seen a Dawg say he shouldn’t be cleared, we are just laughing at how his family is a bunch of bitches about it,

Did you read the OP's post? Clearly displeased Mays got the waiver.

The OP made it sound as if this is something new and must have his head in the sand. This type of stuff has already been going on for a few years now.

ADVERTISEMENT