ADVERTISEMENT

Byron Cowart leaving Auburn

ohsfan28

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 9, 2011
I thought some people here might be interested in this since his recruitment was such a big deal.

Guy was massively overraated. Didn't have the speed to play defensive end. Didn't have the mental toughness to take hard coaching. Also a quitter since he is leaving in the middle of the season. Was 2nd string defensive tackle at time of his departure

"Being penalized because i was number 1 player but I'm struggling i don't care about the stars. So why when i struggle its thrown in my face. How about help me huh? I came in humble ready to learn man not bragging and flashy. I just wanna learn."

He never recovered from Muschamp chewing him out.

Looks like we will have plenty of room soon and do need backup depth at DT. He should have left before the season started.

Reactions: rdgtr
Auburn can control where he goes. Malzahn has never released players to other SEC schools. Not sure a lot of high end schools would still want him anyway. He is average on his best day and only has one year left to play. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up playing for Kiffin at Florida Atlantic

He went with his head and not his heart when he made his decision. He chose to follow Muschamp and Robinson instead.

Why does that matter? Maybe he would have been happy being a mediocre player at Florida for 4 years, but he would have still been a mediocre player.

Defensive line is maybe the strongest position on Auburn's team. Auburn is playing younger players ahead of him. Those players are developing, but he is not. That is on him

Why does that matter? Maybe he would have been happy being a mediocre player at Florida for 4 years, but he would have still been a mediocre player.

Defensive line is maybe the strongest position on Auburn's team. Auburn is playing younger players ahead of him. Those players are developing, but he is not. That is on him

If he got his head on straight he might could have a decent year as a DT somewhere.

Cowart looked pretty bad as a DE last year in this game. All he does for the most part is want to play patty cake with the blockers. He seems to have no feel for how to get around the blockers.

ADVERTISEMENT