ADVERTISEMENT

Brittney Griner sentenced to 9 years. She better pray for that prisoner swap.

Once again you beat me to it! haha

I really don't care for Griner but for the people whining about Whelan, he was arrested doing Trump presidency. So don't critize Biden if you can't criticize Trump.

Trump didn't trade Bout for Whelan because that would have been a ridiculous trade. This trade was at least as ridiculous as that one would have been.

This may be the dumbest "but Trump" to date.

• Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII
This is probably why. Whelan is a total dips**t who got kicked out of the Marine Corp for trying to steal $10k in Iraq.

Whelan was either the stupidest guy on the planet who contracted to do the stupidest swap of information in the worst possible city in the world, or he was set up by the Russians in order to be used later in a swap like this (but then Griner came along and is a better 1 for 1 swap). For me, the latter scenario is slightly more likely than the first, but I've seen stupider things.

Also, Whelan's family was told yesterday that he wasn't coming out because there was no way the Russians were agreeing to a 2 for 1 swap on this and his family was supportive of the swap (but that's clearly under duress, if they made a stink, Biden/State would stop trying to get him out altogether). This is a MUCH bigger, and more important, political win for Putin than Biden at a time when Putin desperately needs a win at home (way more than this gives Biden here).

People REALLY need to stop with the "Whelan Marine" thing... they look really, really stupid. I think most Marines would choke Whelan, with his own hand.

Which is why Trump didn't trade Whelan for Bout. That would be like trading Josh Allen for Johnny Manziel.

I am glad she is back and that the US fought for her.
Her, apparent, disdain for the US bothers many - appropriately.
The cost of her return is very significant.
This is what REALLY bothers me...same with the Bergdahl trade. With Bergdahl....some of our military lost their lives searching for thar traitor...then the people we swapped went RIGHT BACK to the battlefield to kill even more. And the plane load of cash we gave to Iran BOUGHT weapons used in attacks against us, and others. ALL for a cowardly traitor. No Bueno for me...he would have rotted. Brian Griner made a STUPID, ENTITLED decision and put America in a HORRIBLE position because he thought that he could get away with anything. Now instead of getting a US Marine out of jail...we bail out a society misfit that TRULY does not love and appreciate our Country. THAT MAKES ME ILL...not kidding. I do NOT celebrate his return...anymore than I did the cowardly traitor Bergdahl.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988

“Brittney is An Inspiration to Millions dozens

of Americans, Particularly the LGBTQ Americans” – KJP Defends Brittney Griner Swap for “Merchant of Death” (VIDEO)​

Only a Democrat would think this was a good trade.

It’s obvious that Barack Obama is calling the shots.

:rolleyes:
The whole administration is a ground hog day NIGHTMARE

I'm glad she's out of her Russian prison. I would not have made this trade deal.

I'm not surprised that this administration made it, however. Mostly because they're a collection of ridiculous people.

This is what REALLY bothers me...same with the Bergdahl trade. With Bergdahl....some of our military lost their lives searching for thar traitor...then the people we swapped went RIGHT BACK to the battlefield to kill even more. And the plane load of cash we gave to Iran BOUGHT weapons used in attacks against us, and others. ALL for a cowardly traitor. No Bueno for me...he would have rotted. Brian Griner made a STUPID, ENTITLED decision and put America in a HORRIBLE position because he thought that he could get away with anything. Now instead of getting a US Marine out of jail...we bail out a society misfit that TRULY does not love and appreciate our Country. THAT MAKES ME ILL...not kidding. I do NOT celebrate his return...anymore than I did the cowardly traitor Bergdahl.
Her not his, but regardless - and while it is horrible what Russia did to Brittney, and I am personally relieved for her being back in the U.S., her going to Russia was a poor decision (for anyone) and bringing any sort of contraband on the plane was worse. Candidly, I am very surprised that this was not caught out of the US.

The trade was clearly made for representation politics and Putin played against the the same knowing exactly how Biden would react, especially as he is going to run again in 2024 and needs the support of black leaders again like Clyburn. Our country is less safe.

At the barest of minimums, I hope that she feels gratitude for what this country has now done for her.
(p.s. her father apparently served honorably for two terms in Vietnam. If so, I applaud him for his service.)

Fjf2zFsVEAAzkL4

Trump didn't trade Bout for Whelan because that would have been a ridiculous trade. This trade was at least as ridiculous as that one would have been.

This may be the dumbest "but Trump" to date.
I never said that it's a great trade. I think it's awful and it shows what money and access can get you.

I was just saying don't bring up Whelan, when Trump was president when he was arrested.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
The perfect example of how powerful the right win media is. Mr. Griner never said that she hates America, NEVER. Yet, the right wing started that lie/talking point and look at how easily the right wing voters use it. Never say that the media isn't powerful, especially for people who lack free thinking or partisan people.

Griner only questioned whether or not the anthem should be played considered it was created when woman and minorities lack rights. All of that is a fair conversation. It doesn't mean hate.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
It's actually a brilliant political move by the Democrats...who have made a political living out of identity politics. FWIW my opinion is that they penalty was harsh. However, my opinion and nobody else's for that matter, matters. It's Russian law.
Griner represents the holy trinity...woman, black, gay. By making this ridiculous trade it makes a statement how much Democrats 'value' women, minorities and LGBTQRST+$%. And...they correctly assumed the dumba-- Republicans would scream and yell about it. Truth is Republicans are angered by the lopsidedness of the trade but the Democrats will successfully spin it as right wing hatred of 'oppressed marginalized groups'.

It's actually a brilliant political move by the Democrats...who have made a political living out of identity politics. FWIW my opinion is that they penalty was harsh. However, my opinion and nobody else's for that matter, matters. It's Russian law.
Griner represents the holy trinity...woman, black, gay. By making this ridiculous trade it makes a statement how much Democrats 'value' women, minorities and LGBTQRST+$%. And...they correctly assumed the dumba-- Republicans would scream and yell about it. Truth is Republicans are angered by the lopsidedness of the trade but the Democrats will successfully spin it as right wing hatred of 'oppressed marginalized groups'.
But of course, the biggest reason why this move was made, was to get the so-called Merchant of Death back out in the market and facilitating the wars that corrupt countries use to make trillions in profits for themselves.

The gay pothead dude being sent home is the media distraction.

Watch that scene to the end. There's a very interesting factoid in the final few seconds that ties it all together.

The movie Lord of War is based on the life of the guy that Hiden just freed. Dots starting to connect yet?

LOLOL Putin just made a COMP_LETE fool of Brandon. Putin got an arms dealer who is responsible for so many deaths of innocent people, armed our worst enemies...and we got a man, that pretends to be female, that is so entitled that he thought he could bring grass in to our enemies country. This was as good a swap as trading 5 hardened terrorists for ONE coward...like Hussein did. Libs are such WEAK humans. And not even CLOSE to being Americans
Hey, Biden learned from the best….. Remember when Obama traded four senior Taliban terrorists for Bowe Bergdahl?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
But of course, the biggest reason why this move was made, was to get the so-called Merchant of Death back out in the market and facilitating the wars that corrupt countries use to make trillions in profits for themselves.

The gay pothead dude being sent home is the media distraction.

Watch that scene to the end. There's a very interesting factoid in the final few seconds that ties it all together.

The movie Lord of War is based on the life of the guy that Hiden just freed. Dots starting to connect yet?
Yea that movie is one of my favorites. I don't need to even click on it...I can recite it.
I always assumed we jailed him so he didn't spill the beans on all the wars we had our hands in.

Yea that movie is one of my favorites. I don't need to even click on it...I can recite it.
I always assumed we jailed him so he didn't spill the beans on all the wars we had our hands in.
When was he jailed?

I'm sure the people pulling Hiden's strings think the risk of making that info public is worth it, especially since the left controls the media.

When was he jailed?

I'm sure the people pulling Hiden's strings think the risk of making that info public is worth it, especially since the left controls the media.

2008.... Yeah, no Russians have sold any arms since then 🤣

He was scheduled to be released in 2029...He's already served the majority of his sentence

When was he jailed?

He was arrested in early 2008 and convicted in 2012.
If I had to guess, there are a lot of guys in Russia who profited along side him when he liquidated the Soviet arms stockpile and they don't want him to start talking.
"In 2014, former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft's law firm represented Bout, seeking a new trial to overturn his conviction."

2008.... Yeah, no Russians have sold any arms since then 🤣

He was scheduled to be released in 2029...He's already served the majority of his sentence
It'll be interesting to see what happens to him.
Does he end up with a radioactive afternoon tea or in a hero's villa on the Black Sea?

Lopsidedness of the trade?

He's an old washed up arms dealer who had only 6 years left in his sentence
The ONLY reason why Russia wanted him back so bad is that he's friends w/ a Putin oligarch

He has NO operational value whatsoever

The reason why Whelan wasn't included in the deal is because Russia calls the shots and he's become a highly publicized accused American spy in Russian society

Its all about the propaganda

I never said that it's a great trade. I think it's awful and it shows what money and access can get you.

I was just saying don't bring up Whelan, when Trump was president when he was arrested.

Umm...your logic is still failing.

1. Trump didn't make a stupid trade when Whelan was arrested.

2. A similar ridiculous trade for Whelan wasn't made by this administration...because, at least partly, Whelan didn't check the same boxes.

3. It doesn't matter who was president when Whelan was arrested. The topic is the stupid trade...not the insignificant fact of who was president when person X got arrested.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to him.
Does he end up with a radioactive afternoon tea or in a hero's villa on the Black Sea?

Maybe...anything is possible in Putin's mother Russia

But I would say not likely...supposedly he's good friends with an oligarch

Umm...your logic is still failing.

1. Trump didn't make a stupid trade when Whelan was arrested.

yeah he did NOTHING... 🤣

2. A similar ridiculous trade for Whelan wasn't made by this administration...because, at least partly, Whelan didn't check the same boxes.

Whelan will NEVER be released...his the most famous accused American spy in Russia
They use his name for propaganda purposes inside the country

On the other hand, Griner is a beloved US sports figure

3. It doesn't matter who was president when Whelan was arrested. The topic is the stupid trade...not the insignificant fact of who was president when person X got arrested.

trump's response was to accomplish nothing (same as Joe B)

And where was your analysis of the dumb trades in Afghanistan...5,000 for 1,000 and an unfulfilled promise?

The perfect example of how powerful the right win media is. Mr. Griner never said that she hates America, NEVER. Yet, the right wing started that lie/talking point and look at how easily the right wing voters use it. Never say that the media isn't powerful, especially for people who lack free thinking or partisan people.

Griner only questioned whether or not the anthem should be played considered it was created when woman and minorities lack rights. All of that is a fair conversation. It doesn't mean hate.

People can decide for themselves if they believe Griner hates America. Griner can do the same. The free expression of thought is a beautiful thing.

You believe that your opinion on the matter is fact. Hint, it isn't...it's your opinion.

Griner's own actions and words are why people might have one opinion or the other.

I honestly DGAS how they spin crap like this anymore. Anyone can look at this trade and realize that this administration got played like a fiddle.

It was a stupid trade by shortsighted people who care more about identity politics than the well-being of actual humans. Bout is a monster.

He was arrested in early 2008 and convicted in 2012.
If I had to guess, there are a lot of guys in Russia who profited along side him when he liquidated the Soviet arms stockpile and they don't want him to start talking.
"In 2014, former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft's law firm represented Bout, seeking a new trial to overturn his conviction."

None of them had the connections or were as prolific as Bout.

Do all of you realize that Bout received the minimum sentence allowable when he was finally convicted in the states?

We have PLENTY of domestic arms dealers with longer sentences than Russian Viktor

He was due to be released in 6 years

People can decide for themselves if they believe Griner hates America. Griner can do the same. The free expression of thought is a beautiful thing.

You believe that your opinion on the matter is fact. Hint, it isn't...it's your opinion.

Griner's own actions and words are why people might have one opinion or the other.
This sounds like a guy defending that he took the right-wing talking points to show that he concluded the SAME thing. I see you!

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT