ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Napier: Return of Chris Thomas Jr. is a ‘big deal’ for Florida’s DL depth; More Info on Thomas' Return to Team

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Where Anthony Richardson stands among top 10 SEC QBs in 2022​

Many project the Gainesville native as a first-round pick — even possibly. top-10 selection. There is a lot of football to be played before that is decided, but where does AR-15 stand in comparison to his fellow SEC peers as of now?

66 attempts - 39 completions - 556 yds - 7 tds - 6 int
58 rushes - 462 yds - 3 tds

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/anthony-richardson-2.html

Looking at him without the blurred vision of orange & blue glasses -
His career stats are mediocre. He has physical telent, but his command of the mental game a top QB must have was non existant.

While all Gator fans are hoping for an enormous take-off this year; no one knows how he will actually perform.

Even worse; we don't have anybody behind him.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/lists/florida-football-sec-quarterback-rankings-anthony-richardson/

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr

Where Anthony Richardson stands among top 10 SEC QBs in 2022​

Many project the Gainesville native as a first-round pick — even possibly. top-10 selection. There is a lot of football to be played before that is decided, but where does AR-15 stand in comparison to his fellow SEC peers as of now?

66 attempts - 39 completions - 556 yds - 7 tds - 6 int
58 rushes - 462 yds - 3 tds

Looking at him without the blurred vision of orange & blue glasses -
His career stats are mediocre. He has physical telent, but his command of the mental game a top QB must have was non existant.

While all Gator fans are hoping for an enormous take-off this year; no one knows how he will actually perform.

Even worse; we don't have anybody behind him.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/lists/florida-football-sec-quarterback-rankings-anthony-richardson/

He has shown enough at times to make you think he will end up a good one. We might 100% already know what the deal was if Mullen wasn't so hard headed on sticking with Jones. He showed what he is capable of against LSU but was just too inexperienced at the end and made some bad decisions. Utah will give us some info on how he has progressed.

Jeff - "Looking at him without the blurred vision of orange & blue glasses -
His career stats are mediocre. He has physical telent, but his command of the mental game a top QB must have was non existant. While all Gator fans are hoping for an enormous take-off this year; no one knows how he will actually perform.
Even worse; we don't have anybody behind him."

What a crock Jeff, especially when talking about a Gator.....
😉

The true Fr backup stats from a year ago are past history.
Recent O&B game:
QB-dt AR-15 -- 18 of 24, 75%, for 207 yds, 2 TD's, ZERO Ints.
Plus a rushing TD.

From Napier:
On Anthony Richardson’s performance…
“I can’t say enough – his approach has been first class. When I think about a quarterback, I think about a person who represents everything the organization is about. At the highest level of football, the quarterback is the face of the organization and they set the greatest example with their work ethic, their attention to detail, their self-discipline and their approach. He’s a product of his work. He learned a new system, and out there, it wasn’t too big for him. He communicated well, the ball went where it was supposed to go, he was accurate, the players around him played well, the blocking was clean, and our guys made plays on the ball. It was a good day. To win, you need good quarterback play and good quarterback efficiency, and certainly he played well today.”

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 200 Fr (Backup the iG is hoping)
Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP as a senior...
Threw for 2,750 yards, 41 passing TDs, 4 Ints.
Ran for 1,343 yards and 20 rushing TD's, 1 LPF.
Sr Season Total Offense - 4,093 yds, 61 TD's with only 5 TO's.

In his Jr/Sr seasons combined, passing only - 4,416 Yds, 68 TD's.
He led his high school to a 13-1 record and 3A state runner-up finish...

Ranked a top 15 player in the state of Oklahoma by 247Sports..

Last edited:
He has shown enough at times to make you think he will end up a good one. We might 100% already know what the deal was if Mullen wasn't so hard headed on sticking with Jones. He showed what he is capable of against LSU but was just too inexperienced at the end and made some bad decisions. Utah will give us some info on how he has progressed.
Part of the time it wasn't Mullen's fault that Richardson would get hurt dancing and such.

Part of the time it wasn't Mullen's fault that Richardson would get hurt dancing and such.

Mullen made up that mess about him not being able to play after the S FL game according to some of the players after Mullen left because he didn't want a controversy and wanted Jones starting. They didn't address the hotel room claim though.

Even worse; we don't have anybody behind him."

What a crock Jeff, especially when talking about a Gator.....
😉

The true Fr backup stats from a year ago are past history.
Recent O&B game:
QB-dt AR-15 -- 18 of 24, 75%, for 207 yds, 2 TD's, ZERO Ints.
Plus a rushing TD.
Insta,

What O&B game were you watching; in the one I saw, only 2 QBs played -

Richardson - in a non contact jersey against the 2nd string defense - led his team to 34 points & played decently.

Miller who went 13-for-23 for 121 yards, threw an end zone interception, scored 0 points, & SUCKED !

BUT the O&B not a true game type setting; officials & clock not set up to SEC game standards.

Jalen Kitna & Max Brown did not play in the O&B game.

So, Insta, I'm curious which of the three other QB on the UF roster do you consider a capable backup if AR-15 goes down - the two who didn't play or the one who SUCKED ?

You have quoted Max Brown's 3A HS stats an incredible number of times. They haven't changed. Do you really think he is capable of starting & winning games in the SEC as a True FR?

IMO, Max would NOT have had similar stats if he had played his SR year in 7A competition in Florida.

His stats are merely an indicator; not a guarantee, of his ability to play QB in the SEC.

Max Brown just enrolled in UF, I doubt he will even see the field this year. No coach wants a True Fresh as his QB1.

Other than AR-15, there is no other capable QB on this UF team ready to go into a game, play, & win.

I repeat, If AR-15 gets hurt - we are screwed.

Last edited:
Insta,

Richardson - in a non contact jersey against the 2nd string defense - led his team to 34 points & played decently.

Miller who went 13-for-23 for 121 yards, threw an end zone interception, scored 0 points, & SUCKED !

BUT the O&B not a true game type setting; officials & clock not set up to SEC game standards.

So, Insta, I'm curious which of the three other QB on the UF roster do you consider a capable backup if AR-15 goes down - the two who didn't play or the one who SUCKED ?

You have quoted Max Brown's 3A HS stats an incredible number of times. They haven't changed. Do you really think he is capable of starting & winning games in the SEC as a True FR?

IMO, Max would NOT have had similar stats if he had played his SR year in 7A competition in Florida.

His stats are merely an indicator; not a guarantee, of his ability to play QB in the SEC.

Max Brown just enrolled in UF, I doubt he will even see the field this year. No coach wants a True Fresh as his QB1.

Other than AR-15, there is no other capable QB on this UF team ready to go into a game, play, & win.

Jalen Kitna and Carlos Del Rio both played in the O&B game. If AR gets hurt then yes we will likely have some difficulties but probably about 90% of college teams don’t have alot of confidence in their backup QB either so we aren’t alone in that regards.

Insta,

Napier did have 1st string against 1st string for most of that game so that makes it a little more concerning about Miller. The only thing is they were driving down the field to just bog down early in the game. You can't have Miller throwing into coverage like that though. I tend to agree a game against a Tenn or KY will be pretty hard to win if Richardson was out. SC will even be dangerous this year.

Insta,

Wrong again Jeffie...
AR & Miller played, while at Nappy's decision, Del Rio-Wilson and Kitna made what I'd call 'cameo' appearences. But all 4 saw the field. Brown was busy graduating HS in Tulsa.

AR went vs the 1st team D.

Insta,

Miller SUCKED !

Jeff, you post a bunch of your own highly biased opinions as if they were FACTS, which they are NOT. (except for Miller sucked, but I was on that before the O&B game when they took him in the portal)

1) Danny Wuerffel played as a Fr.
2) Fr Chris Leak played for the Zookster and was at that time, the ONLY tFr QB in NCAA history to win 3 consecutive games vs Top 11 Teams, ON THE ROAD, one of them being the eventual 2003 NC at death valley,,, at night.
3) Tim Tebow, from a small Fl 3A played, and could have been the starter if needed.
>>> 3A Max Browns stats are better than TT's 3A stats, passing and running. 4,000+ Yds, 61 Combined TD's to 5 TO's (4 Ints, 1 LPF).
He also has better HS stats and ranking than Kyle Trask had!

So yeah, I fully believe that QB-dt Max Brown could play and be a starter, if he's needed. What I believe,,, still depends on what ole Nappy decides to do...
IF, he spends/wastes more time on Miller, instead of getting Brown up to speed in Fall practice, then they might be in trouble if AR went down.

The iG's QB Room, if I had any say, which I obviously don't:
AR-15, Brown, Kitna, WR/QB-dt Whittemore,,,,, Miller.....
🤓

Wrong again Jeffie...
AR & Miller played, while at Nappy's decision, Del Rio-Wilson and Kitna made what I'd call 'cameo' appearences. But all 4 saw the field. Brown was busy graduating HS in Tulsa.

Jeff, you post a bunch of your own highly biased opinions as if they were FACTS, which they are NOT. (except for Miller sucked, but I was on that before the O&B game when they took him in the portal)

2) Fr Chris Leak played for the Zookster and was at that time, the ONLY tFr QB in NCAA history to win 3 consecutive games vs Top 11 Teams, ON THE ROAD, one of them being the eventual 2003 NC at death valley,,, at night.
3) Tim Tebow, from a small Fl 3A played, and could have been the starter if needed.
>>> 3A Max Browns stats are better than TT's 3A stats, passing and running. 4,000+ Yds, 61 Combined TD's to 5 TO's (4 Ints, 1 LPF).

So yeah, I fully believe that QB-dt Max Brown could play and be a starter, if he's needed. What I believe,,, still depends on what ole Nappy decides to do...
IF, he spends/wastes more time on Miller, instead of getting Brown up to speed in Fall practice, then they might be in trouble if AR went down.

🤓
True freshman are much better prepared to play today versus 25 years ago. So I agree that you can get a true fresh ready to go. We've seen it frequently over the past 5 or so years.

Heck guys, let's get to know QB-dt Max Brown in a little better depth than just his 3-star under-rating.

SIZE: (Gator roster currently listed at 6-3 200)
Max has excellent size for a 2022 Dual Threat QB at 6’2” 195 lbs. I was extremely impressed with this QB's film. He’s super athletic, able to take over a game by his play. Attacks the defense with sharp precision throws but can also hurt you with his speed and quickness while on the run.
A legit Dual Threat. A playmaker.

ACCURACY:

With a 73% pass completion pct last season, Max is able to get the ball to his receivers with good anticipation and timing. He’s very accurate on his deep passes, showing a tight trajectory, in line with his receivers.

ARM STRENGTH:
This is an area of strength. He has an extremely strong arm, able to make throws 50 yards out. Not only can he reach those distances, he’s also very accurate. His passes made at short and intermediate range includes high velocity throws that reach his targets in a hurry.

RELEASE:
An over the top delivery with a fully extended arm motion. He gets that ball way up high on its release.

THROW ON RUN:
Very impressed with his ability to make plays while on the run. Very athletic QB who displays good speed and quickness getting to the outside.

FOOTWORK:
This QB likes to mix things up. He shows excellent lateral movement, using the entire backfield. Solid footwork on his step backs and set ups. Excellent speed and quickness out in the open field. Very elusive.

POISE:
He loves playing the game, very competitive on the field with good leadership. He shows good patience in the pocket, waiting for the play to fully develop.

POCKET PRESENCE:
Max does a nice job picking up on defensive pressure, working through traffic as he seeks out open spaces. Excellent vision downfield while in the pocket.

DECISION MAKING:
He’s an intelligent QB
who works through his progressions as he seeks out big play opportunities downfield.

TOUCH:
Able to take something off his throws by adding a softer release in certain passing situations.

What the iG likes about Brown is...
His stats, his film, his QB Eval, so basically everything.
😉

Reactions: seffnergator
Wrong again Jeffie...

🤓

What are you going to do if it's Miller Time...

Y'all with this Miller nonsense.

he was brought in as a backup. One with experience. Because, you know. Outside of injury prone Richardson, we don't have any.

Relax. Also a bit much to declare him awful after transferring in and having a mediocre outer.

My goodness.

he was brought in as a backup. One with experience. Because, you know. Outside of injury prone Richardson, we don't have any.

Relax. Also a bit much to declare him awful after transferring in and having a mediocre outer.

My goodness.

I agree real game non-garbage time is the proper measuring stick. Yep we needed a backup but I don't consider him having much experience. Hopefully that spring game and the scrimmage prior to that was just a learning experience for him and he has decent upside. Unless one of these young QBs looks to be the real deal we may need to go after a portal QB with some real experience for the 2023 season.

My goodness.
Agree but he was no more experienced than Del Rio and Kitna besides those 14 passes he threw over a 3 year span.

I understand he's been around the game for 3 years but I'd felt better getting a JUCO QB that qualifies.

Then again one never knows. We all know the story of an OSU backup that transferred to an SEC school.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Agree but he was no more experienced than Del Rio and Kitna besides those 14 passes he threw over a 3 year span.

I understand he's been around the game for 3 years but I'd felt better getting a JUCO QB that qualifies.

Then again one never knows. We all know the story of an OSU backup that transferred to an SEC school.
When Joe got to LSU from tOSU, this was his experience level.
Feel free to compare it with Millers.....

Burrow - 10 Gms - 29 of 39 74.4%, 2 TD's, 0 Ints

Miller III - 4 Gms -- 7 of 14 50%, 0 TD's, 0 Ints.
Rush - 7 for 22 yds, 3.1 ypc, 1 TD

I agree that JM and Kitna are about the same, with Del Rio-Wilson gone.

My hope is that Brown can shine at Fall practice and jump past them both on the depth chart....

Tim Tebow releases Top 5 SEC quarterback rankings ahead of 2022 season​

Tebow says this might be the best QB group in his time covering the conference. With that said, reigning Heisman winner Bryce Young leads Tebow’s list for the best in the SEC.

1. Bryce YoungAlabama
  2. Will LevisKentucky
  3. Anthony RichardsonFlorida
  4. Spencer RattlerSouth Carolina
  5. Hendon HookerTennessee
FYI - we will have the opportunity to see & evaluate Levis & Rattler, live in BHG Stadium !

We will have to journey to Rocky Top to see Hooker. JOY!

This is why we may start 0-2 or even 1-3. Hope not but our schedule is tough. A cupcake, instead of Utah, would have been much tastier !

https://www.on3.com/news/tim-tebow-releases-top-5-sec-quarterback-rankings-ahead-of-2022-season/

Last edited:

Tebow says this might be the best QB group in his time covering the conference. With that said, reigning Heisman winner Bryce Young leads Tebow’s list for the best in the SEC.

1. Bryce YoungAlabama
  2. Will LevisKentucky
FYI - we will have the opportunity to see & evaluate Levis & Rattler, live in BHG Stadium !

This is why we may start 0-2 or even 1-3. Hope not but our schedule is tough. A cupcake, instead of Utah, would have been much tastier !

https://www.on3.com/news/tim-tebow-releases-top-5-sec-quarterback-rankings-ahead-of-2022-season/

Not sure why Will Levis is getting all this hype from the talking heads. He didn't have a real good QB rating and threw a lot of picks.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Jeff - "This is why we may start 0-2 or even 1-3. Hope not but our schedule is tough. A cupcake, instead of Utah, would have been much tastier !"

In most years, Utah would be considered a top-tier cupcake for the Gators.
They finished 2021 as the 9-4 Lac-12 Champs, so they had a decent 2021 team.
Trying to hype them up with a Top 10 preseason ranking is a sad joke imo.

4 Recruit Class Averages (2019-2022) -- UF 12 - UU 35 - VU 52
UF is 23 better than UU
UU is only 17 better than VU
If you put UU in the SEC, they would be among the bottom 3-4 teams.
SCa's last 4 recruit classes are higher rated than Utah's.
So, please stop with all of the over-hyping of the Utes....

Either Recruit Class Rankings matter, or they don't.
Which is it going to be this week???

(and Jeff, you are free to consult with the dog-poker) 😁

Not sure why Will Levis is getting all this hype from the talking heads. He didn't have a real good QB rating and threw a lot of picks.

QB-dt Will Levis 2021 - W/L 10-3, 5-3 SEC & beat Iowa in Bowl.

Passing - 233 of 353 66%, 2,826 yds, 24 TD, 13 Int, Sack 22, L-79 QBR 76.8
Rushing - 107 for 376 yds, 3.5 ypc, 9 TD's, L-33

And that's just TT's opinion on the Top 5 SEC QB's going into the 2022 season.

QB-dt Will Levis 2021 - W/L 10-3, 5-3 SEC & beat Iowa in Bowl.

Passing - 233 of 353 66%, 2,826 yds, 24 TD, 13 Int, Sack 22, L-79 QBR 76.8
Rushing - 107 for 376 yds, 3.5 ypc, 9 TD's, L-33

And that's just TT's opinion on the Top 5 SEC QB's going into the 2022 season.

I think some NFL draft people have him going high 1st round. Last season surely wouldnt justify that but when a QB has good size that seems to override common sense sometimes.

1. Bryce YoungAlabama
  2. Will LevisKentucky

Maybe so Jeff but I want to see what we’ve got and cupcakes rarely deliver.

The general class of opponents in the iG ratings:
Patsies - Not in the Top 60 and D-2s.
Cupcakes - Not Ranked 26-60
Decent teams - 6-25 Ranked
Monsters - Top 5's

Utah fit the
'decent teams' category last year, finishing at #12
Putting UU at #15 preseason is okay imo, another decent team.

The preseason rankings are often FoS by the end of the season, so we'll see.

AP Preseason Top 25 Poll -- 8 SEC Teams, with 3 in the Top 5.

25 PSU
24 UF
23 UK

22 BYU
21 TX
20 Tenn
19 BU
18 Iowa
17 Houston
16 Ark
> 15 Utah

14 Ore
13 NCSt
12 Miss
11 OK
=====
10 OkSt
9 MichSt
8 USCw
7 Mich
6 ND
5 aTm
4 CU
3 UGly
2 tOSU

1 UA

Insta,

Appreciate your input, but the poll you listed is not the actual

2022 Preseason AP Poll Prediction.​

This is from college football news & as they state - Below is NOT the actual 2022 Preseason AP Poll – it’s our prediction and projection of what it might be before its release in mid-August.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/07/preseason-ap-poll-top-25-projection-rankings-prediction-2022

I doubt that it is anymore valid or invalid than any of the others polls I have previously listed - & the same can certainly be said for the actual AP preseason poll itself.

IMO, it takes 2-3 weeks to more accurately predict the current season.

Since we play Utah in week 1; we will not have that luxury.

Reactions: instaGATOR
My biggest gripe is that Utah is NOT a better team than UF for the 2022 season.

I'm still going with UF by 10+, if nothing drastic changes between now and then.

I'm still going with UF by 10+, if nothing drastic changes between now and then. My biggest gripe is that Utah is NOT a better team than UF for the 2022 season.
Insta,

This, as you & I agree on, is the talking season. All games are played out on the field. As a Homer; I absolutely feel that the SEC is better than the PAC12.

BUT, we are at best, a middle of the pack SEC team & Utah won the PAC12 last year.

UF by 10+
I have been wearing O&B glasses for over 60 years; I hope you are right !

Utah not a better team than UF - again, I hope you are right -but here are Paco's thoughts & mine -

"...I think they (Utah) beat us because they also have a lot of continuity & familiarity with their system and coaches, etc. You have to account all our guys are learning new systems, etc and a completely new coaching staff."

Going back to Charlie Pell - the biggest improvement for any team (especially a young team like UF - in terms of new system, etc) occurs between the 1st & 2nd game.

Utah is our 1st game; we will have our hands full.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Insta,

This, as you & I agree on, is the talking season. All games are played out on the field. As a Homer; I absolutely feel that the SEC is better than the PAC12.

BUT, we are at best, a middle of the pack SEC team & Utah won the PAC12 last year.

UF by 10+ I have been wearing O&B glasses for over 60 years; I hope you are right !

Utah not a better team than UF - again, I hope you are right -but here are Paco's thoughts & mine -

"...I think they (Utah) beat us because they also have a lot of continuity & familiarity with their system and coaches, etc. You have to account all our guys are learning new systems, etc and a completely new coaching staff."

Going back to Charlie Pell - the biggest improvement for any team (especially a young team like UF - in terms of new system, etc) occurs between the 1st & 2nd game.

This is like when Mullen took over. The talent level is much better than last year's record and I have a feeling Richardson will be much better than Franks. The East is better overall than that year however.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Insta,

UF by 10+ I have been wearing O&B glasses for over 60 years; I hope you are right !

And as I've said before, the UF & UU 2021 teams will not be playing each other on Sept 3, the 2022 teams will be doing that.

How many Napier phases will they all have gone through between Feb and Sept? Unless they are all both stupid and lazy, they should be ready to go on 9-3.

Our coaches are as good as their's or better. If not, then they hired the wrong coaches. Add to that that their team is made up of Recruit classes that averaged a #35 ranking, while UF's recruits average a #12 ranking.

If the Gator coaches and players can't beat those LAC-12 chumps, then they deserve a losing season.

This is like when Mullen took over. The talent level is much better than last year's record and I have a feeling Richardson will be much better than Franks. The East is better overall than that year however.
Fever,
Agree
Kentucky-much better; no 18 game Gator win streak
S Carolina - Rattler a very good QB
Tennessee - hard to predict; @ Rocky Top; 1st road game for Richardson & Gators
Dawgs - very tough; 15 pt favorites with several betting sites

Richardson is the most explosive guy I’ve seen at UF with the ball in his hands since Harvin. If he stays healthy, he will put on a show. I’m really concerned about him staying healthy though.

I think we will see a reflection of the off season during the season.

What I mean by that is Napier came in and has organized the heck out of the Gator coaching and admin staffs. I expect to see a similar increase in organization and efficiency on the field. While that won't make us elite, it will definitely improve performance. I do expect us to be at less than peak levels early in the year; with new offensive and defensive schemes it will likely take a few games to get everyone on the same page. Still it will be better than last year, when people weren't even in the same book!

I'd like to see us come out and beat Utah, and I think we can, but the unknowns are simply too great to make any prediction with confidence.

Last 4 recruiting classes (2019-22) average out at:

UA 1.5
UG 2.5
=====
LSU 22/12 - 21/3 - 20/4 -19/5 /// 24/4 = 6.0

UF 22/17 - 21/12 - 20/9 - 19/5 /// 42/4 = 10.5

TN 22/18 - 21/22 - 20/11 - 19/13 /// 64/4 = 16.0

UK 22/14 - 21/35 - 20/25 - 19/34 /// 108/4 = 27.0

Miz 22/15 - 21/27 - 20/50 - 19/38 /// 130/4 = 32.5

UU 22/33 - 21/34 - 20/30 - 19/42 /// 139/4 = 34.75

SCa 22/24 - 21/79 - 20/19 - 19/21 = 143/4 = 35.75

Could Florida's Anthony Richardson go No. 1 overall in the 2023 NFL draft?​

No way In Hell !!!!​

Obviously, Talking Season has worn out the media as well as posters on this board !

One of the dumbest articles I have ever read.

Richardson had 1 start last year, which he lost. He has Physical talent but he has yet to display QB Smarts.

Several (unlisted) "Experts" (but not any I believe in) have him going somewhere in the first round of next year’s NFL draft, but what are the chances of Richardson being the first name off the board next April?
NONE

ESPN’s Jordan Reid (a smoke blower; not an expert; did not play NFL or CFB) talked about the players who might go No. 1 and he concluded that there is roughly a 10% chance Richardson is called first overall.

Before recently landing a job to cover the NFL Draft for ESPN, Jordan Reid built his reputation (WTF ?) online by producing intriguing draft content for Minnesota Vikings fans.

He started out by writing an ANONYMOUS blog.
https://thevikingage.com/2022/02/28/minnesota-vikings-jordan-reid-nfl-draft-espn/

NOTE: No accuracy figures listed for his draft predictions.

Now that may sound low, but the “serious contenders” group — which consists of Alabama‘s Bryce Young and Will Anderson and Ohio State‘s C.J. Stroud — all have a 20% shot, so there’s no overwhelming favorite to claim the spot.

Richardson is one of three names in the group of “prospects who could make it interesting,” along with Kentucky’s Will Levis and Northwestern offensive tackle Peter Skoronski. Here’s what Reid had to say about Richardson’s potential.

“The sample size. That’s the big question out there about him,” an NFL area scout in charge of the Florida region told Reid.

“You get excited about the second half of the LSU game (which he lost by throwing a stupid INT), but he looked lost against Georgia.”

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...ny-richardson-nfl-draft-first-pick-odds-espn/

Hoping I survive the rest of talking season & make it to the Utah game !

Last edited:

Could Florida's Anthony Richardson go No. 1 overall in the 2023 NFL draft?​

No way In Hell !!!!​

Obviously, Talking Season has worn out the media as well as posters on this board !

One of the dumbest articles I have ever seen.

Richardson had 1 start last year, which he lost. Physical talent but has yet to display QB Smarts.

Several experts have him going somewhere in the first round of next year’s NFL draft, but what are the chances of Richardson being the first name off the board next April? ESPN’s Jordan Reid tackled that question while going over each of the potential candidates to go No. 1 and he concluded that there is roughly a 10% chance Richardson is called first overall.

Now that may sound low, but the “serious contenders” group — which consists of Alabama‘s Bryce Young and Will Anderson and Ohio State‘s C.J. Stroud — all have a 20% shot, so there’s no overwhelming favorite to claim the spot.

Richardson is one of three names in the group of “prospects who could make it interesting,” along with Kentucky’s Will Levis and Northwestern offensive tackle Peter Skoronski. Here’s what Reid had to say about Richardson’s potential.

“The sample size. That’s the big question out there about him,” an NFL area scout in charge of the Florida region told Reid.

“You get excited about the second half of the LSU game (which he lost by throwing a stupid INT), but he looked lost against Georgia.”

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...ny-richardson-nfl-draft-first-pick-odds-espn/

If he turns out to be the real deal he could go # 1. He got the whole offseason to be the starting QB and if he plays well I doubt the NFL holds it against him if we are a run heavy team as long as he passes well. We are talking about the NFL who draft QBs with size like that in later rounds even when they have shown to not be good passers at all in college. Levis has decent size but I don't understand the love the NFL has for him unless he improves this season.

If he turns out to be the real deal he could go # 1.
Fever,

We all hope Richardson turns out to be "the real deal"; we also hope he doesn't get injured - again.

Be sure to contact your bookie & get you bet down early on AR as Overall #1 Pick !

Agree the NFL will invest a late round draft pick in potential - but not the Overall #1.

Head Coaches & General Managers get fired for stupidity like that.

FWIW
Bryce Young last year - 4,872 yds, 47 TDs, 7 INTs
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bryce-young-1.html

What were Richardson's stats last year ?
529 yds, 6 TDs, 5 INTs

I am sure it will be a close decision as to who get selected as the NFL's Overall #1 pick.

Bama a more talented team than the Gators; Young (unless injured) likely to have a good / great year this year also.

What will Richardson's stats be this year ?

Last edited:
Fever,

We all hope Richardson turns out to be "the real deal"; we also hope he doesn't get injured - again.

Be sure to contact your bookie & get you bet down early on AR as Overall #1 Pick !

Agree the NFL will invest a late round draft pick in potential - but not the Overall #1.

Head Coaches & General Managers get fired for stupidity like that.

We will see. I would hope we could get one more year out of him but if he is going to be a very top pick I highly doubt he would stay. They keep talking about Levis possibly being the top QB taken and he didn't have that good of a season last year imo and Richardson would get more bonus points for his physical traits than Levis would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT