ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12. Pac 12

Interesting article, but didn't the Big 10 become the first conference to stretch coast to coast with the addition of USC and UCLA and already having Rutgers?

USF, Memphis, SMU going to be left out in the cold and be second tier programs.

College sports is dying. Right before our eyes we are seeing the effect of misfeasance, malfeasance & corruption of the NCAA!
The good news (we think) is that this is the beginning of the end for the NCAA. Once these conferences get set, it will be time to breakaway and add Sankey as the new College Football commissioner with rules overhauls, NIL salary cap, etc.

Can't see the Big 10 not taking a couple more west coast teams. USC really going to play about 4 games a year in places like Wisconsin, Michigan and State college PA?

5 hour flights to Wisconsin in November?

Still don't get USC agreeing to this without more movement expected. Just looks like a killer as it is.

Word is the ACC is going to unequal revenue sharing to keep teams from jumping ship

If usf would focus on the Bay Area, and the rest of Florida they’d have a chance to be relevant again. They waste too much time recruiting out of state kids. Doesn’t make much sense

Word is the ACC is going to unequal revenue sharing to keep teams from jumping ship
Now that would be interesting! In addition to the logical ones, I would assume Miami would be one of the teams they really want to keep, but they haven’t won a thing! I wonder how some of the traditional ACC conference schools would feel about getting less revenue than Miami.

Last edited:
Now that would be interesting! In addition to the logical ones, I would assumeMiami would be one of the teams they really want to keep, but they haven’t won a thing! I wonder how some of the traditional ACC conference schools would feel about getting less revenue than Miami.
Clemson would be the school they want to keep & maybe UNC…. Not sure how they’ll determine who gets what but I’m assuming it’s going to be based on performance

Now that would be interesting! In addition to the logical ones, I would assume Miami would be one of the teams they really want to keep, but they haven’t won a thing! I wonder how some of the traditional ACC conference schools would feel about getting less revenue than Miami.
The thing is, they will have to consider more than just football. Basketball, Baseball, on down the line to their own cutoff point with sports that matter the most. Then of course there is academics to consider. This is where Stanford might get left out in the cold if the Big 12 takes all those well rounded Pac12 schools away and dooms that conference to G5 status.

Clemson would be the school they want to keep & maybe UNC…. Not sure how they’ll determine who gets what but I’m assuming it’s going to be based on performance
Sure those are the logical ones I was referring to. And FSU. No way they separate UNC and Duke though, so Duke would be a keeper. UVA probably as well.

Sure those are the logical ones I was referring to. And FSU. No way they separate UNC and Duke though, so Duke would be a keeper. UVA probably as well.
I don’t think anyone is eager to pouch any school from the ACC…. They wouldn’t add any significant money to the tv deals… jmo

I don’t think anyone is eager to pouch any school from the ACC…. They wouldn’t add any significant money to the tv deals… jmo
Think you are wrong there.
north carolina and virginia (DC) markets help the SEC
and NC market helps big 10

brand is immaterial - clemson brand brings nothing...

nc population is ten million
virginia population 8 million, dc metro is 6. thats alot of eyeballs and tv money..

consider the missouri football non existent brand... but brings that state eyeballs into sec...

west virginia better football brand than unc or uva, but 1.7 million people is nothing..

Last edited:
Think you are wrong there.
north carolina and virginia (DC) markets help the SEC
and NC market helps big 10

brand is immaterial - clemson brand brings nothing...

nc population is ten million
virginia population 8 million, dc metro is 6. thats alot of eyeballs and tv money..

consider the missouri football non existent brand... but brings that state eyeballs into sec...

west virginia better football brand than unc or uva, but 1.7 million people is nothing..
None of that mid ass shit moves the needle for the SEC… brand means everything… Texas hasn’t been good in years but they have a big brand

I'm not sure that would be necessary due to their GoR deal until 2036. For them to leave the conference before then, they would have to pay something like $50M and still not have their rights until the GoR expired since the ACC would get that revenue.

None of that mid ass shit moves the needle for the SEC… brand means everything… Texas hasn’t been good in years but they have a big brand
“Brands” and “Eyeballs” all of that is translated “Money” and that ruins everything. College sports has been about tradition, not money until about 15-20 years ago. It gets worse every year. These new super conferences suck a$$, but as Sankey intimated last year it was a necessity with where things are going and he was right. It’s just sad to me, but I will suck it up and enjoy a little bit, nothing like I used to though.

He who moves the quickest will survive. The LAC 12 has long been poorly run and it's showing big time right now. Their management will manage their conference right out of existence. It'll be weird not having a conference solely from the West coast but they haven't been a player on the college football landscape for a while now.

Pac12's tv deal expires in 2024. (shared with FOX and ESPN currently, however FOX is not interested in renewing)

Big 12 already has a $3B 10 year deal starting in 2024 (ESPN).

B12 has the leverage?

Pac12's tv deal expires in 2024. (shared with FOX and ESPN currently, however FOX is not interested in renewing)

Big 12 already has a $3B 10 year deal starting in 2024 (ESPN).

B12 has the leverage?
And I would think the Big XII would be able to renegotiate that deal if they add 6 new LAC 12 schools. As I mentioned earlier, the LAC 12 went to sleep and will be nonexistent as a result. I think they're too concerned with social issues and should have been paying closer attention. Nice move, bozos.

And I would think the Big XII would be able to renegotiate that deal if they add 6 new LAC 12 schools. As I mentioned earlier, the LAC 12 went to sleep and will be nonexistent as a result. I think they're too concerned with social issues and should have been paying closer attention. Nice move, bozos.
Yeah that's the leverage i was speaking of. Any deal with the Pac12 is going to be bottom dollar since no one really wants it. At least if they merge with the Big 12, there is a deal with a "floor" already built into it. They should reconsider adding some of those G5 schools though, and bring over Stanford at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT