ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10, ACC, and Pac 12 forming super conf?

Meh. I guess its easier to win one in the SEC
Yeah, and that's why both the criminoles and the scUM thugs tried so hard to join the SEC instead of being forced to go into the tough old All Cupcake Conference.
😵

They would have much rather gone on to skate through an easy SEC schedule to a NC...
😉

Having to fight it out in the 'new & improved' Almost Competitive Conference has held them back to only winning one NC each, in the last 21 years....
😥

Yeah, and that's why both the criminoles and the scUM thugs tried so hard to join the SEC instead of being forced to go into the tough old All Cupcake Conference.
😵

They would have much rather gone on to skate through an easy SEC schedule to a NC...
😉

Having to fight it out in the 'new & improved' Almost Competitive Conference has held them back to only winning one NC each, in the last 21 years....
😥

We all know the Gators said no to us(scared obviously). Otherwise we would be running rampant through the SEC...... At least 7 wins a yr

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
UF was and is scared to death of your gud-chrishan boyz....
That's why UF didn't want them in the SEC where they would have had to play them every year or often, depending on which division they were put in, with SEC officials.
UF sure dodged a bullet with that one didn't they???
🤔

Instead they played them to end every season with ACC officials half the time.
Giving UF things like 'The Swindle in the Swamp' game....

Apparently 'Logic' is not a class offered in tallycrappy....
🤗

I don’t have time to look for the quote, but I know I’ve read an interview from the early 90s, where Bobby Bowden admitted that after SEC indicated that they would be open to FSU, he basically spurned them for the ACC.

The easier schedule may have been a factor, but I also got the impression that there was an element of “Oh, NOW you want me? Well I already found someone better!”

Bowden correctly said that they could play for more conference and NC's by going to the ACC.
After joining the cupcakes, how many ACC-C's did they win before finally losing one?

This seems like a great way for the conference leadership to protect their own jobs by preventing more mergers.

I wish we could just cut the historical bottom 20-30% of each of the three conferences and smoosh what’s left into a new super-conference.
So does ESPN.

Reactions: fsu939913
What a joke press conference from this "alliance". Funny to hear those 3 saying they are hoping the Big 12 does well when they could care less about the Big 12.

Reactions: fsu939913
What a joke press conference from this "alliance". Funny to hear those 3 saying they are hoping the Big 12 does well when they could care less about the Big 12.

Conference realignment is “eat, or be eaten.” A few years ago, there was speculation that the ACC was about to collapse. They survived by luring teams over from the Big East, which ended up killing it.

Poking da-dog, pokin da-dog....
(Criminoles vs the scUM thugs of Mi-Am-I is their biggest game)
==========

National Champions in Football this Century:

UA 6
LSU 3
UF 2
AU 1 >>> +1
SEC = 12 with 4 different teams.
>>> in 2004 when USC got voided, AU was 13-0, so they got hosed.

-----
TX 1
OU 1
Big12 = 2
-----
SEC + Big12 = 14 with 6 different teams.
==========

CU 2
FSU 1
Mia 1
ACC = 4
-----
tOSU 2
Big10/12 = 2
-----
USC 1 >> 2004 NCAA voided NC for cheating.
LAC12 = almost 1
-----
ACC+Big10+Lac12 Combined = 6 with 4 different teams

Note:
SEC = 12 + 1 hosed
The other 4 conferences in the Big 5 Combined = 8 + 1 voided
FSU has 3 national championships!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT