ADVERTISEMENT

Biden is Evil

The bag holders are gonna be any of us who get a bill for electricity in Duval County no matter who owns JEA.
and in the future our rates will go up anyway. JEA "used" to have the lowest rates. Yeah. They didn't spend money putting utilities underground or even preparing for growth in some areas. I know a little about that too.

Some of you good old boys just don't want things to change in Jax. Bet y'all live on the Westside. 😂
I need to drop out of this convo. You start pre-judging someone when you identify them as "good ole boys" and then you want to back that up with I am beneath you because I must live on westside.. It is time for me to bow out ... as you said to me earlier "you do you".
One last thought, utilities all across this country are not placing existing electric lines UG because the cost is too high and the benefit too low.

I need to drop out of this convo. You start pre-judging someone when you identify them as "good ole boys" and then you want to back that up with I am beneath you because I must live on westside.. It is time for me to bow out ... as you said to me earlier "you do you".
One last thought, utilities all across this country are not placing existing electric lines UG because the cost is too high and the benefit too low.
I can't wait until satellite internet starts replacing underground fiber optics. Comcast, I'm talking to you. 😂

Hey, I'm teasing - and if you are a Jax boy you KNOW how we all banter back and forth about Westside/Southside/Northside. No offense meant. And ANY ONE from the South knows it's not a put down to describe someone as a good ole boy. Dang!

Hey, I'm teasing - and if you are a Jax boy you KNOW how we all banter back and forth about Westside/Southside/Northside. No offense meant. And ANY ONE from the South knows it's not a put down to describe someone as a good ole boy. Dang!
The only time I cross the ICW is to head to the gulf coast house.;) ........which is where I'm at as I type this.

Reactions: goldmom
I have AT&T U-Verse. Never goes out during storms.
I cut the cord in Jax years ago.. Digital antennae for local channels., FUBO and Netflix streaming. Still can't wait until I can replace the internet provider, but it's a hell of lot cheaper than cable TV. I get all the CFB games I can shake a stick at. I don't miss cable one iota.

Ok you got me... I need to lighten up Francis. I am actually from the northside. No offense but personally I don't consider it a compliment to be clled a "good ole boy". I love J-ville. This has been home since I was 9 except for Gator years and a few other sojourns.
One last point there are some challeges ahead for Electricity and the biggest has to do with Generation and not UG reliability or pensions.

Ok you got me... I need to lighten up Francis. I am actually from the northside. No offense but personally I don't consider it a compliment to be clled a "good ole boy". I love J-ville. This has been home since I was 9 except for Gator years and a few other sojourns.
One last point there are some challeges ahead for Electricity and the biggest has to do with Generation and not UG reliability or pensions.
Tell you what, I like certain areas of the Northside. Yellow Bluff road on the salt marsh in particular. I've become partial to the boonies, particularly water/marsh front.

Tell you what, I like certain areas of the Northside. Yellow Bluff road on the salt marsh in particular. I've become partial to the boonies, particularly water/marsh front.
Me too. My brothers best friend lives up there in the Black Hammock area.

Reactions: NavigatorII
I don't know what that is - ignorance is bliss?
A class III item is a machine gun, silencer, SBR, or AOW. In order to own one, the draconian BATFE requires the sheriff of the county to sign off on one. I am a grown up with a mostly clean criminal record and there's no good reason why I shouldn't be able to own one of these. But unless you know the sonofabitch or are a cop, he won't sign off on them. So he can get f*cked.

Reactions: martycat1
New Port Richy is NW of Tampa. Big Bend is SE of Tampa. About an hour apart I would guess.
No. Big Bend extends from the Chassahowitzka to the Ecofina River to the north. (Essentially, Crystal River to Keaton Beach). We're about the midpoint of that, at the mouth of the Suwannee River and Gulf of Mexico. It's more estuary than beaches. More like Louisiana than the rest of Florida.

No. Big Bend extends from the Chassahowitzka to the Ecofina River to the north. (Essentially, Crystal River to Keaton Beach). We're about the midpoint of that, at the mouth of the Suwannee River and Gulf of Mexico. It's more estuary than beaches. More like Louisiana than the rest of Florida.

But Big Bend is both an "area" and a specific town, right?

But Big Bend is both an "area" and a specific town, right?
No........it's just an entire area, runs about 100 miles. Like the Nature Coast, First Coast, Gold Coast, etc. It's the elbow of the state, where it makes a turn on the gulf side.

No........it's just an entire area, runs about 100 miles. Like the Nature Coast, First Coast, Gold Coast, etc. It's the elbow of the state, where it makes a turn on the gulf side.
Not to be like another poster. But what town do you live in?

Isnt Chiefland in Gilchrist County also? I think that is where we went to Walmart.
No. Chiefland is in Levy County. (same as Cedar Keys). If you ever want a great hamburger, go to Ralph's in Chiefland. It's just a drive through, but best I've ever eaten. 😍

Reactions: martycat1
No. Chiefland is in Levy County. (same as Cedar Keys). If you ever want a great hamburger, go to Ralph's in Chiefland. It's just a drive through, but best I've ever eaten. 😍
Sounds goood. Will do next time I am down there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT