ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball transfer pool...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
I wonder who White is targeting there. Guard Brandon McKissic has some really good stats and is supposed to be a good defender also and says we are on his list of schools but I think Kansas and Missouri are going after him really hard also. I wonder if he would leave that area as that would solve a major issue for us.

I haven't really heard too much about the other top transfers that may be considering us.

I guess forward CJ Felder from Boston College will be making a decision soon and is considering Arkansas and A&M in addition to us.

He would fill a need and would give us a pretty good rim protecting defense along with Castleton in there. Probably would be the best team in blocking shots in the country with those two. Definitely better than his initial recruit ranking since he has bulked up so much.

Well Payne just hit the portal now too. Time for Mike White to put himself in the portal IMO. Players know his coaching philosophy isn’t getting it done. McKissic is not coming here. Likely Kansas. We have a chance with Felder but I’m slightly leaning towards Arkansas as Musselman is a good coach and does well recruiting the portal.

Well Payne just hit the portal now too. Time for Mike White to put himself in the portal IMO. Players know his coaching philosophy isn’t getting it done. McKissic is not coming here. Likely Kansas. We have a chance with Felder but I’m slightly leaning towards Arkansas as Musselman is a good coach and does well recruiting the portal.
Damn that sucks as we have a real big issue at forward if Payne was to leave also. Would need to land Felder not to really fall apart there probably.

Getting McKissic is probably not going to happen like you say but White better find a decent guard or he might be packing his bags before the season is over.

Reactions: gatordad3
These are the players left on our roster: Tyree Apple Turnover, Niels Lane, Anthony Duruji, Jason Jitobah, Samson, Ruzhentzev, Scottie Lewis, Alex Klatsky, Jack May, incoming freshman Kowacle Reevs and Colin Castleton, assuming he comes back, and Keyontae Johnson, if he can play and decides not to go pro. Not a very competitive group. Even adding 2-3 portal transfer, unless they are big time, will not elevate this team to a contender of any kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
My suspicion tells me there will be 1-2 others hit the portal. White will need to land 3 plus kids just to have enough to field a team.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Well we got Brandon McKissic so far. I guess he felt he knew he would be the man here. Kind of surprising we beat Kansas out for him. He seems to have a good attitude and work ethic.

If Castleton returns and Keyontae Johnson gets cleared and decides to play for us, we have a chance to get back to the NCAA tournament. But is that the bar now at THE University of Florida? No competing for an SEC title, not making it to the tournament championship game? Not being ranked in the Top 20? Just making the Field of 69, that's OK? We didn't have a true point guard this year and although Tre Mann was great for us, who on our roster can replace his production? Who can make 3's with the consistency of Noah Locke. What will our 8-9 man rotation be? I think Mike White needs to land 2-3 4-star type players to have us even back as good as we were this year.

• Haha
Reactions: sadgator
2 good pickups. Won't put us over the top, but will help us hold serve for sure. Need 1-2 more. This portal crap is getting old. Ncaa needs to step in.

If Castleton returns and Keyontae Johnson gets cleared and decides to play for us, we have a chance to get back to the NCAA tournament. But is that the bar now at THE University of Florida? No competing for an SEC title, not making it to the tournament championship game? Not being ranked in the Top 20? Just making the Field of 69, that's OK? We didn't have a true point guard this year and although Tre Mann was great for us, who on our roster can replace his production? Who can make 3's with the consistency of Noah Locke. What will our 8-9 man rotation be? I think Mike White needs to land 2-3 4-star type players to have us even back as good as we were this year.

We will probably have a similar regular season and White will pull another loss like this last one in the tourney. He should be fired right after that next season or right after the regular season if we missed the tourney.

https://imgflip.com/i/548qis
548qis.jpg

Reactions: GatorGray
LSMFAO...two posts above this one County is speculating whether we will even be able to field a team...

ya’ll are doing a great impression of Kentucky fans in this thread...it is very funny....
Not true, I said White would need to pull off some portal magic so we could field a team. You can't ignore that we were down to 7 scholly players. You act like nothing to see here, just move along. Those were two nice pickups in the portal but not enough to move the needle.

Don't go all georgia bulldog on us....

Not true, I said White would need to pull off some portal magic so we could field a team.
Our deficiencies of not being able to field a team lasted all of a day and a half and our needs have now been so incredibly addressed that Fever is speculating that we are a 2022 NCAA tourney team...apparently Mike White is David Fvcking Copperfield...

you can see the progression in this thread for yourself, right?

Our deficiencies of not being able to field a team lasted all of a day and a half and our needs have now been so incredibly addressed that Fever is speculating that we are a 2022 NCAA tourney team...apparently Mike White is David Fvcking Copperfield...

It's not a matter of just getting bodies to fill a uniform, it's getting players who can play together well enough and deep enough to compete in the SEC. Time will tell whether or not Mike White can do that, but after 6 years of watching all but 1 of his teams underperform, I have serious doubts.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Yes, I see what you mean now. He needs to add at least 2 more as I believe we may have 1-2 more leave the program. He may be Cooperfield....lets see who else he can bring in.

making the tournament is “underperforming?!?!?!?” Ask Kentucky or Duke what they think about that...lol
You aren’t trying to compare UK & Duke basketball to UF basketball over these last 6 years (Since White has been the coach) though are you?

making the tournament is “underperforming?!?!?!?” Ask Kentucky or Duke what they think about that...lol
If just making the NCAA tournament and being one of the best 68 teams in America is your standard of success, that's fine. Most Gator fans expert all our sports teams to regularly be in contention for SEC titles and win one every once in a while. Mike White has won NO TITLES of any kind and hasn't really challenged for on except in his 2nd year when we finished 2nd in the regular season. He's never even made the SEC tournament final.

LSMFAO...two posts above this one County is speculating whether we will even be able to field a team...

ya’ll are doing a great impression of Kentucky fans in this thread...it is very funny....
Not really. I fully expect coach White to do what he did this year again if we make the tournament and he needs to be fired right after he does that again and gives his talk about players being tired even with the other team playing less players than his team.

Reactions: gatordad3
How many times has Florida done that in its entire HISTORY?!?!?!?!?

c’mon now...you can question White all you want, but let’s get the facts straight....

Donovan won 6 SEC championships and 4 SEC tournaments. I think Sloan won the SEC and Kruger made a Final Four.

Looks like Sloan and Kruger both had teams in the final SEC tournament game.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr and gatordad3
How many times has Florida done that in its entire HISTORY?!?!?!?!?

c’mon now...you can question White all you want, but let’s get the facts straight....
Florida basketball has been to 10 SEC tournament finals, winning it 4 times, all the wins under BD. We've won 7 regular season SEC titles, 6 under BD. Billy Donovan took Florida basketball out of mediocrity and into national prominence. The FACT is that Mike White had 1 season where Florida finished in the Top 20. That was his Elite 8 run in 2016-17, where we finished the season ranked #20. The other 5 years we didn't finish in the Top 25. The FACT is that he has been badly outrecruited by Leonard "The Loser" Hamilton and as bad an in-game coach as Hamilton is, FSU has owned Florida the last 6 years. The FACT is that White's teams in Gainesville have finished 8th, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, tied for 4th and 5th during the SEC regular season. The FACT is that while Kentucky didn't make the NCAA tourney this year, since White has been at UF they have won 3 SEC regular season titles, 4 SEC tournament titles, been to 4 Sweet 16's, 3 Elite 8's and a Final 4. The FACT is that Duke, who you also tried to compare Mike White's Florida teams to, since White has been in Gainesville, Duke has won 2 ACC Conference tournament titles, been to 4 Sweet 16's, 3 Elite 8's, a Final 4 and won 1 National Championship. The FACT is that under Mike White Florida basketball has returned to the mediocrity that we "enjoyed" prior to Billy Donovan. We see Nate Oats take Alabama to an SEC regular season tourney title AND an SEC tournament title in his 2nd year. There are examples all over the country where coaches come in and turn programs around very quickly. Mike White has had 6 years to win something and it just hasn't happened. Name me 1 other sport at THE University of Florida (besides women's basketball), where a coach has not won a championship of any kind in 6 years and I'll show you a coach who has been replaced or retired. And I'm not talking about a national title. That's icing on the cake. I'm talking about an SEC championship of any kind. But if you are satisfied with the low bar standard of just making the tournament where we are one of the Top 68 teams in the country, that's your choice. I just think the University of Florida has higher standards of excellence than that.

If just making the NCAA tournament and being one of the best 68 teams in America

Haters can be identified by their chronic understatements concerning coach White.
When your own chosen position is weak, this is a standard practice....

When you at least make the round of 32 every year, you are somewhere in the 17-32 range, not the 68 range.
There are currently 350 schools that are full members of 32 Division I basketball conferences.
And that puts you at the bare minimum of the Top 10%

IF a 32 finish, you're in the Top 9.1%

IF a 17 finish, you're in the Top 4.9%

Mike White's average finish is in the Top 7% in the entire nation.

Reactions: sadgator
Donovan won 6 SEC championships and 4 SEC tournaments. I think Sloan won the SEC and Kruger made a Final Four.

Looks like Sloan and Kruger both had teams in the final SEC tournament game.

And in how many seasons did any of those other coaches play the #1 SoS in the SEC, and a Top 5 SoS in the nation? (crickets)

Also, should the player injuries over 6 seasons be considered or not?
I know that yawl are ignoring the scamdemic that none of those others had to deal with....

Last edited:
Billy Donovan took Florida basketball out of mediocrity and into national prominence.Top 68 teams in the country.
And then he took UF to a 16 win losing season before bailing out to the NBA.

Mike White took over that loser team and went to the NIT Quarter Finals with a 21 win season.
He's never had a losing season, in the SEC or overall.
In fact, he's the 2nd winningest coach in the SEC only behind UK, even though the stars have yet to align for one of his teams to win a championship. He's been very unlucky so far, in the player injury column.

In just his 2nd year, with most of the players being from that 16 win loser team, he went to the Dance.
An Elite-8 finish puts you in the Top 2.3% in the nation as a fact, not some 'rating' poll voter results.

You haters can whine and snivel all you like, but the AD thinks that you're all FoS....

And then he took UF to a 16 win losing season before bailing out to the NBA.

Mike White took over that loser team and went to the NIT Quarter Finals with a 21 win season.
He's never had a losing season, in the SEC or overall.
In fact, he's the 2nd winningest coach in the SEC only behind UK, even though the stars have yet to align for one of his teams to win a championship. He's been very unlucky so far, in the player injury column.

In just his 2nd year, with most of the players being from that 16 win loser team, he went to the Dance.
An Elite-8 finish puts you in the Top 2.3% in the nation as a fact, not some 'rating' poll voter results.

You haters can whine and snivel all you like, but the AD thinks that you're all FoS....

Are you still bragging about the NIT like that is something special?

In the 4 years since White's Elite Eight 4 teams (KY, TN, LSU and Auburn) have won more SEC games than White has.

* 6 different teams have won SEC championships since White has been the coach while he has zero.

White is a mediocre 40-30 in regular season SEC play since that Elite Eight run with 3rd, 8th, 4th and 5th place finishes in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr
Are you still bragging about the NIT like that is something special?

In the 4 years since White's Elite Eight 4 teams (KY, TN, LSU and Auburn) have won more SEC games than White has.

* 6 different teams have won SEC championships since White has been the coach while he has zero.

White is a mediocre 40-30 in regular season SEC play since that Elite Eight run with 3rd, 8th, 4th and 5th place finishes in the SEC.
Mike takes over a 16 win loser team and goes to 21 wins with an NIT Quarter Final.
Are you saying that BillyD's final 16 win LOSER season was more impressive? (moe-ron)

Looks like the SEC is a whole lot tougher top to bottom that it was under Lon or BillyD.

Never a losing season in the SEC or Overall playing Top 10 SoS's, #1 SoS in the SEC.
Now list all of the other Gator B-Ball coaches that can say that.... (crickets)

Rumor is that McKissic waited too long and others got his spot in Lawrence.

That may be somebody's rumor, but can anyone on here ever state the actual TRUTH about anything?

Maybe McKissic knows what Mike did with Speedy Smith and the Cheezee....
Both set their schools Career Assist Records under Mike's coaching.

McKissic accounted for 17.2 Pts/Gm, in 2020 — shooting a whopping 51% from the floor. — McKissic provides an immediate scoring presence While knocking down 42.9% of all 3-pointers last season is impressive enough, McKissic shot 62.5% from deep when deemed wide open, an incredible note on his resume. Adding on 3.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists per contest paired with a stout defensive game, McKissic steps into the Gators lineup as a multi-faceted guard that looks to elevate the team's overall production as a complete player.

>>> This will allow 5-star Fr Kowaice Reeves ***** to ease into the lineup instead of being forced into starting. ---
The iG still expects to see KR play some as a tFr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT