ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

Jones made that huge 3 then he went all bonehead and for some reason refused to pass on the wide open pick and roll. Odd.

Reactions: g8rpaul1
We have to win one out of @Bama, @ Arkansas or Kentucky at home and go 4-1 in the other games.

Tough loss, especially with Castleton completely outplaying their All-American big man. But we got dominated on the boards and didn't have anybody who could stop their 2nd big guy - Toppin. Our guys play hard, but just don't shoot it well enough and some take terrible shots for no reason. Alabama is going to be a really hard matchup for us. That's pretty much a sure loss. We just need to beat the equal or lesser teams on our schedule and get a qualty win somewhere down the stretch, like Fever said.

Reactions: g8rpaul1
The offense continues to be sporadic and that seems to be their largest problem.

Reeves - FG's 38.0%, 3's 28.0%, FT's 75.0%
21 Gms 19.3 Min. (He's a good kid and Gator, nothing personal)

Fudge - FG's 43.0%, 3's 32.3%, FT's 68.3%
22 Gms 21.5 Min

Felder - FG's 53.6%, 3's 33.3% - FT's 100% -- Plus active and solid on defense.
8 Gms 13.3 Min Ave, then it dropped to 2 Min, then 0 Min, so he took a leave of absence???

Just posting their stats, but it seems to me that Reeves was given all of Felder's playing time,
=====

The SEC officiating is either incompetent (least likely), or it 's fatally corrupted (most likely) imo.
It's just difficult for me to believe that they are this bad, this consistently, by accident.... 🤓

The offense continues to be sporadic and that seems to be their largest problem.

Reeves - FG's 38.0%, 3's 28.0%, FT's 75.0%
21 Gms 19.3 Min. (He's a good kid and Gator, nothing personal)

Fudge - FG's 43.0%, 3's 32.3%, FT's 68.3%
22 Gms 21.5 Min

Felder - FG's 53.6%, 3's 33.3% - FT's 100% -- Plus active and solid on defense.
8 Gms 13.3 Min Ave, then it dropped to 2 Min, then 0 Min, so he took a leave of absence???

Just posting their stats, but it seems to me that Reeves was given all of Felder's playing time,
=====

The SEC officiating is either incompetent (least likely), or it 's fatally corrupted (most likely) imo.
It's just difficult for me to believe that they are this bad, this consistently, by accident.... 🤓

Reeves has been a major letdown so far this season.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Reeves has been a major letdown so far this season.
I don't feel 'Let Down' by Reeves, he's a good and talented kid that works hard. I just feel a little let down over what Golden did to Felder, while admitting that I have no inside knowledge on how or why that stuff went down the way it did....

I don't feel 'Let Down' by Reeves, he's a good and talented kid that works hard. I just feel a little let down over what Golden did to Felder, while admitting that I have no inside knowledge on how or why that stuff went down the way it did....

No way to sugarcoat it. His play has been pretty bad so far. Like you said about White last season he isn't the one missing all those shots.

Clueless feveredbrains has missed the conversation bus yet again, but at least he's still able to veer off and hate on MW some more... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
What did Golden do to Felder?? So you feel Golden let Felder down but then follow it up by admitting you know nothing about the situation. Gosh you are a …… not going to say it. Felder’s situation has nothing to do with basketball or Golden to begin with at this time.

Lashing out at me instead of simply explaining why Felder's minutes dropped from an Ave of 13+ to ZERO.
I'll just go ahead and say it, not that it matters or will change anything,,, Typical....

Agreed. Get a favorable draw in SECT and win 2-3
I think the last double bye for the SEC-T is down to UK, UF, or Auburn. I think UF has the best shot at getting the last bye due to a favorable schedule on the back end.... so 2 wins might mean getting to the SEC championship game

I think the last double bye for the SEC-T is down to UK, UF, or Auburn. I think UF has the best shot at getting the last bye due to a favorable schedule on the back end.... so 2 wins might mean getting to the SEC championship game

That would mean we played our way in but if we are the 6 or 7 seed and 10-8 in SEC play I think 2 wins in the SECT would do it as the 2nd win would be the #2 or #3 seed but it also means the odds are against us if we have to depend on the SECT.

I was thinking about us getting a double bye. I'm not sure 10-8 would be good enough for the double, but possibly.

I was thinking about us getting a double bye. I'm not sure 10-8 would be good enough for the double, but possibly.
I’m not seeing UF going less than 11 SEC wins in regular season - perhaps 12. UK could easily cough the game up in Gainesville

They appear to be getting better every game. The jury is still out on Golden but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think he's just a few skilled players away from being really competitive.

Reactions: Gator Fever
They appear to be getting better every game. The jury is still out on Golden but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think he's just a few skilled players away from being really competitive.
Agreed. They certainly play tough. With the exception of WVU game they've been in almost every game. 4 SEC losses by a combined 14 points.

I know this boat has sailed but man we could have really been good with KJ. His rebounding, 3 pt. shooting and driving abilities would have complimented Castleton perfectly.

Love Jit but he's just not the same after the 5 eye surgeries last year. We have no depth in the middle. We are basically Castleton and a bunch of guards. No clue what we might get from Felder when he returns to games, but we need some size help to maybe get a few offensive rebounds. Forget this game, Bama has been doing this to everyone in the conference this year. Need to go find 5 more wins in these last 7 games. Tall task.

Castleton is the only top end player on this team. Kugler may get there, but the rest of these guys are too inconsistent to be considered SEC quality.
You can say that again. I think we talked about it a few weeks ago. Castelton is the only top player on the team and the rest of the guys you have no idea what you are going to get from them on any given night. I agree with you about Kugel. I had higher expectations for Fudge than what I have seen so far. He was another player that I thought had a high ceiling and could be a good SEC quality player. Now I’m not so sure.

Reactions: bradleygator
Love Jit but he's just not the same after the 5 eye surgeries last year. We have no depth in the middle. We are basically Castleton and a bunch of guards. No clue what we might get from Felder when he returns to games, but we need some size help to maybe get a few offensive rebounds. Forget this game, Bama has been doing this to everyone in the conference this year. Need to go find 5 more wins in these last 7 games. Tall task.

The next home games against Vandy and Ole Miss are 100% must wins now to be able to make the tournament.

On a positive note, one thing I do admire about this team is they don't quit. Down 30 at the half and they came out fighting. Actually outplayed Bama for the first 10-12 min of the 2nd half and then ran out of steam. Golden keeps them going hard. Reeves can't hit the side of a barn at the moment....

ADVERTISEMENT