ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

Good 1st half by the Gators. Solid defense. Getting whipped on the glass, giving up 10 offensive rebounds to UT so far. But they've put themselves in a position to pull off a huge upset.

I was worried about the rebounding, but we've been locked down and haven't given up many open looks. Need to keep the high energy lockdown...someone will need to knock down 3-4 threes for us in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Lost our energy and for some reason slowed the game down which is exactly what the Vols want. Down 6 but feels like this one has already slipped away. Lets see if we can regain some energy before the lead gets out of reach

Impressive win. I'm glad to be wrong about predicting a big loss. I can never figure out what the Gators are going to do in any game in any sport.

Looking at that remaining schedule it looks like another good win in our 3 tough road games at KY, AL or Arkansas will get us in the tourney. A loss in all 3 and its likely we will miss the cut.

Another scenario that would be real close is going 18-13 with a home win over KY. That would come down to the wire with the other bubble teams resume. It wouldn't look good having no good road/ neutral court wins though

Last edited:
Looking at our remaining schedule, if we win the ones we should then there is a path to 10-8. That most likely puts us on the bubble. We would need 2 or so wins in the SECT.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Looking at our remaining schedule, if we win the ones we should then there is a path to 10-8. That most likely puts us on the bubble. We would need 2 or so wins in the SECT.

I think we are left out at 10-8 without a big win in the SEC tourney. We wont be looked at as high as our NET ranking with our thin good wins resume especially with our mediocre Quad 1 & Quad 2 results. We are all guessing now but I think it has to be 11-7 in SEC play and a win against one of those 3 good teams on the road. 11-7 with a KY home win might do it also.

I would think 11-7 in SEC play would do it. Anything lower than that and we would need SEC tourney wins and/or a lot of outside help. The one good thing is that so far we don’t have any “bad”’losses. We don’t have much for wins either except for Missouri and UT. I don’t have the data but I would have to assume our SOS is good. We have had a tough schedule.

Yep, I agree we most likely need 11-7. But that is a tough ask. At Bama, At UK and at Arky are most likely losses. That means we need to take care of the Cats at home and then handle our road business. I also suspect the at UGA game will be very tough.

I would think 11-7 in SEC play would do it. Anything lower than that and we would need SEC tourney wins and/or a lot of outside help. The one good thing is that so far we don’t have any “bad”’losses. We don’t have much for wins either except for Missouri and UT. I don’t have the data but I would have to assume our SOS is good. We have had a tough schedule.
SOS is #16. https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2023/sos-rpi

"I feel bad for Tennessee when they come to town. The Gators are really going to be up for this game."

Gators 6-3 in SEC play now.

@instaGATOR Good to see Coach White had a good night tonight also. 🤣
Golden beat #2 ranked Tenn, and that was a great win for him,,, finally...
Last year White beat #2 ranked Auburn.
What a difference a year makes...... (you brought MW up yet again, not me)

And considering that UGly had a total of 6 wins last year and they've already got 14 wins this year, I guess that proves that White is/was a chitty coach.... LMAO

Golden beat #2 ranked Tenn, and that was a great win for him,,, finally...
Last year White beat #2 ranked Auburn.
What a difference a year makes...... (you brought MW up yet again, not me)

And considering that UGly had a total of 6 wins last year and they've already got 14 wins this year, I guess that proves that White is/was a chitty coach.... LMAO
Georgia's NET ranking is #116, SOS #160. Just sayin'!

Gator women beat lowly Texas A&M Thursday night 61-54 to improve to 14-8, 3-6 in the SEC. Before tonight's game UF's NET ranking was #86, RPI/SOS was #134. We have almost no chance of making the NCAA tournament, but hopefully can finish with a winning record and get into the women's NIT.

Mike White is not a very good basketball coach. He’s average at best. No idea if Golden is better or worse than White at this time but that doesn’t change the fact that White wasn’t getting the job done here. Maybe Golden doesn’t get the job done here either but that wouldn’t change my thoughts on Mike White as a coach or even say “maybe we should have kept him”. It was time to move on from White. IMO I thought we held on him for a few years too long TBH.

Good lord. This is about as ridiculous as a kicker’s football in the NFL. Just play with one ball size. High school college and pro. The rims are all 10 feet high aren’t they? Rhetorical.

Why do I get the feeling you would have a big grin if Georgia kept us out of the tournament.
Mostly because you depend on your feveredbrain feeling, instead of reality....
=====

2023 Recruit Class:

#38 PF Thomas Haugh 6-9 200 *** - Pennsburg, PA - signed

#NR C Alex Condon 6-11 230 - Australia - signed
"I think I can work harder than anyone else,” Condon said. “I come from an Australian football background which is very physical and a lot of running," he answered. "I am willing to do what a lot of other 6-foot-11 guys aren't willing to do like box out and get hard rebounds and dive on the floor. I bring intensity and grit to the team."

Since I'm not worried about the star rankings of those 2 guys, they look like they could be good additions to next years team. We'll see, and Go Gators...

Big game @KY. A win here and we would have to collapse some not to make the tournament but a loss here and we still have real work to do to get in.

I think Castleton has to at least have a draw with their big guy or we will lose this game probably as they will get too many 2nd chance baskets.

Reactions: gatordad3
Couple of tough breaks...Castleton misses the bunny, Lofton misses the front end, and then the refs miss the arm grab...Would be a much closer game.

Reactions: ocalaman
This team just can't shoot. #8 team in the nation in defensive efficiency, but they give up a ton of offensive rebounds and, thus, 2nd and 3rd shot to the other team. Reeves plays out of control, especially for the talent he has and it really hurts the team. And playing with, basically, 4 guards gives our opponents a size advantage every game. Oh well. Maybe they can make a run in the 2n half and make a game of it.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Lordy we are ugly...we win ugly and we lose ugly. Cats played with more energy tonight. They aren't the normally loaded cat team so I was hopeful we might steal one on the road but no such luck. Need to get to 10 conference wins to have any shot.

Lordy we are ugly...we win ugly and we lose ugly. Cats played with more energy tonight. They aren't the normally loaded cat team so I was hopeful we might steal one on the road but no such luck. Need to get to 10 conference wins to have any shot.
This game ain’t over yet

ADVERTISEMENT