ADVERTISEMENT

B12 v SEC hoops challenge!

12375CAT

Rowdy Reptile
Feb 15, 2012
We%20are%20big%2012_zps0wx6drqi.png

Should be interesting and a storyline with KJ playing against his former team.

Reactions: rdgtr
Agree - I'll be surprised if the Gators can hang with them. They're 17-3, 6-2 in the Big 12 and ranked 5th in the county. KJ is averaging 18.3 ppg and 7.5 rebounds per game. They average 18 assists to 14 turnovers per game and shoot nearly 47% as a team. Their senior guard, Marquis Nowell, averages 17 ppg and 8.3 assists, while 6'10" Nae'Quan Tomlin 10.5 ppg and 6 rebounds. Another starter, 6'9" David N'Guessan averages 7 points and 5 rebounds. With KJ, that's 3 big men who are very good around the basket and if Castleton doesn't get help they're going to dominate us inside and on the boards. Tough challenge for, basically, a 4-guard lineup.

Reactions: rdgtr
Honestly, sadgator forgot about that. Haven’t been following other teams much and kinda missed the fact that KJ has been so good this year.

It is freakishly ironic that these two teams are now playing.

sadgator is a still a little unsettled about KJ playing…he’s probably fine, but it is hard to shake that feeling…really want the best for that kid and am rooting for him to have great success.

Big game. We’re a bit better than you might think…just sayin’…

Definitely a night and day team. One game makes you think we might make a respectable run in the tourny....and the next game we cant put more than 9 points for half the game, not including free throws.

If UF losses by 12 or less.....I think that would be an accomplishment for this team. Sad as it is to say.

Reactions: PacoGator19
With their bigger guys we will have to have a decent FG% to have any chance in this game probably. If we have a low % we probably get ran out of the gym even if playing good defense. Surprised to see only a 5 point line.

Basketball team just don't get it, such a waste of time to watch these clowns, they are never ready to play, 6-30 in the first half, hell at 65 I can shoot better than that

The gators play great defense and equally horrid offense to the point games are incredibly boring.

UF 50 - 64 KSt (+14)

I think I would be willing to consider a 2 point difference still an accomplishment IF UF fought evenly over the course of the game. However, after UF losing by 21 at the half.....I wonder if KSU didn't play to their full potential and let off the gas somewhat in the 2nd half.

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT