ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn's Wesley McGriff now Gators' CB Coach - Gators in discussions with Chris Ash & Charlie Strong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Coach Mullen,

I understand you need a new Defensive Coordinator !

Posting a job on Craigslist is free & its easy -

How to post a job on Craigslist for free:
1. Choose the right location - Gainesville
Craigslist is a global network. Before you begin, make sure your location is correct; you’ll find it at the top right of the page. To change it, choose a new location from the directory of Craigslist sites.
Once your location is correct, select ‘post to classifieds’ in the top left corner of the home page.

2. Select the job’s category - Defensive Coordinator
On the following screen, pick ‘job offered’. Then choose the job’s category from the list e.g. ‘accounting/finance’.

3. Start building your job ad
Next, enter the job title, specific location and job description. Need some help with the descriptions? Try the job description library for a comprehensive list of job description templates.

Related: How to write the best job description ever
4. Add contact details for applicants
Next—assuming you’re not using recruiting software to track applicants (see below)—enter your email address. You’ll see the option to show your real address, or to use the Craigslist mail relay. Mail relay will protect your email address from spam by creating an intermediate email address based on random numbers and letters. Any candidate responses are then delivered to that address and forwarded on to your own email account. It’s recommended to protect your email address on heavily trafficked sites such as this, and so mail relay is an easy, safe option.
5. Complete your ad with useful information

Tick any relevant details regarding telecommuting or contract type and select ‘continue’ at the bottom of the screen. Add any images you need to your Craigslist job posting and select ‘done with images’ or move straight on to review and publish your job listing on Craigslist.
Note: your ad may take approximately half an hour to appear on Craigslist.

Managing applications from Craigslist
When you post a job for free on Craigslist, you’ll usually receive applications via email, potentially using the Craigslist mail relay to protect your account from spam. This means that you’ll need to keep on top of your inbox over the following weeks. Your email will be used to manage day to day communications along with reviewing and replying to candidates, forwarding applications to members of your team and keeping tracking of feedback… And that’s before you’ve started to schedule calls or interviews.
An Applicant Tracking System like Workable will help. Workable is recruiting software, used by teams to help streamline their recruiting; instead of individual applications arriving from Craigslist by email, Workable automatically gathers applications into a searchable candidate database. Every candidate can be screened via a candidate profile and other members of your team can add comments.

Hope this helps !

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Lol Mullens comments after the game are co fusing yet again. He said "the scout team" played well lol he basically called his team the scout team. When bad things happen, it seems an interview is Mullens weakness.

Lol Mullens comments after the game are co fusing yet again. He said "the scout team" played well lol he basically called his team the scout team. When bad things happen, it seems an interview is Mullens weakness.

He certainly isn’t a charmer on the microphone the way Urban was.

But still way better than Zook, Lumpy, and Butters combined.

Nice to see the players taking responsibility but the bottom line when you have the fundamentals being executed that poorly it is on the DC.

No fevered brains, it's all on the HC, so fire the entire coaching staff and start all over.

Any group of coaches that UF hires, that can't win the SEC and a NC in 3 years, needs to be fired.

In fact, fire the incompetent AD that hired that group of bums.

No wait. They really need to disband the entire group of UAA village idiots that funded that group of losers.

From now on it's democracy for Gator football. The genius 'all knowing fans' will get to vote on every decision, and then they can take the full responsibility for what goes down every season..... 🤓

The 'Blame Game' is so tiring....
ZZZZZzzzzz
zzzzz

NO way we should have been 8-4 with the offense we had this year.

The bama loss was expected and it was close......

The texas a and m loss shouldnt have happened but it wasnt a bad loss. A and m is a good team.

The LSU should never have happened, LSU was as bad as we were at times.

The OU loss you guys had opt outs but so did OU... You cant get your doors blown in 55 to 20.

To me the LSU and OU losses were the 2 bad ones

Reactions: BSC911
How bad are y’all gonna freak out when Grantham stays? FSU wins in ‘21!

Note: Does 52 - 20 sound familiar, with a full roster and zero opt-outs??? 🤣
The OU loss you guys had opt outs but so did OU... You cant get your doors blown in 55 to 20.
🤓

Note: Does 52 - 20 sound familiar, with a full roster and zero opt-outs??? 🤣

And oh btw: OU had their top CB opt out, not the 25 that Dan said that UF was without.

Of those 25, anyone important to the team?
Here's a few examples:
Top 4 WR's responsible for 34 of Trask's 43 passing TD's.
Best DT and his backup - 2 LB's - CB/Nic starter - Best Safety
Those 10 alone would kill most teams, especially vs a Power-5 Conf. Champ.
Now add in another 15 players to those 10 critical players, 4 Off and 6 Def.... o_O

Dan said that OU beat the Gator's scout team, and that's not just post game 'coach-speak' either.

Will Muschamp declines offer to return as Texas DC
https://247sports.com/college/flori...r-steve-sarkisian-tom-herman-fired-158519948/

"...it now appears clear that new Texas Coach Steve Sarkisian (current Bama OC) could be on the brink of making changes at the coordinator positions and beyond. Should Texas have a new defensive coordinator at the helm in 2021, it would be the third in as many seasons. Todd Orlando was relieved of his duties after the 2019 campaign and was replaced by former Rutgers coach Chris Ash for the 2020 campaign."

Dan,

2 Top DCs now available - Muschamp & Ash !

https://247sports.com/college/flori...r-steve-sarkisian-tom-herman-fired-158519948/

"...it now appears clear that new Texas Coach Steve Sarkisian (current Bama OC) could be on the brink of making changes at the coordinator positions and beyond. Should Texas have a new defensive coordinator at the helm in 2021, it would be the third in as many seasons. Todd Orlando was relieved of his duties after the 2019 campaign and was replaced by former Rutgers coach Chris Ash for the 2020 campaign."

Dan,

Im not sure Chris Ash is ready to be an NFL DC.

but Todd Grantham has had interviews before soooo....

Realize that some will question quality of either or both of these DCs & their suitability for Gators -
BUT -
Compare them to Third & Grantham - now spelled with 4 L's !

You can’t have him coming back to UF to be a DC from a place he was fired from. How many times has a head coach ever been fired to later return as a DC or OC? It just doesn’t happen. Current head coaches don’t want to do that either.

You can’t have him coming back to UF to be a DC from a place he was fired from. How many times has a head coach ever been fired to later return as a DC or OC? It just doesn’t happen. Current head coaches don’t want to do that either.

ah but how many of them were from the townand grew up a fan of the team they coached and then got fired from?

Mira his opportunity to bring Florida a championship, even though it was an unlikely path.

much like Anakin Skywalker.

Please no Chris ash, TX stats on defense this year were worst than grantham.....let that sink in, you are recommending a guy to replace grantham who had a worst year than grantham
Total yards per game, total points per game and passing yards per game all worst than grantham

Ash was there one year and the stats improved. Texas fans want him to stay. I’ve said it many times..urban meyer called him the top off season hire.

Paco & others,

See & agree with your points about Muschamp & too much baggage for him to ever return to G'ville.

After reading Urban's endorsement, I researched Ash's stats as Texas' DC & my interest declined.

But where does that leave us ?

The only way Brent Venables leaves Clemson is to be a head coach at a P5 school.

Therefor, I proposed several "small school" DCs but all you
Prima Donna Posters (definition: "A temperamental, conceited person.") turned your noses up.

All of you are willing to shoot down other recommendation but too lazy / stupid to post your own - how typical !

Obviously, it's easier to do that then it is to spend the time & energy in coming up with your own suggestions. No wonder Gator fans forced SOS & Urban to move on !

"if you're not part of the Solution - You're part of the Problem !"

You deserve to keep Third & Grantham - for a long time !

Dan,

Will MusDump won't accept any DC position only because he believes he's an actual head coach. The dumbass honestly believes he was unjustifiably canned from UF.

Will MusDump won't accept any DC position only because he believes he's an actual head coach. The dumbass honestly believes he was unjustifiably canned from UF.
Wow. Does he really think that? I mean I couldn’t believe you didn’t fire him after that 4-8 season. I thought after the 2012 season we were all in trouble, that defense was disturbingly good and I just assumed your offense would naturally progress. His intensity and unfiltered remarks to the media made me worried we had a hybrid Spurrier-Saban on our hands. But then reality set in the next season and my constipation cleared up.

Wow. Does he really think that? I mean I couldn’t believe you didn’t fire him after that 4-8 season. I thought after the 2012 season we were all in trouble, that defense was disturbingly good and I just assumed your offense would naturally progress. His intensity and unfiltered remarks to the media made me worried we had a hybrid Spurrier-Saban on our hands. But then reality set in the next season and my constipation cleared up.
Probably because we went 10-2 and finished in the top 10 in the country the prior year. That bought him some time.

Reactions: fsumc
Probably because we went 10-2 and finished in the top 10 in the country the prior year. That bought him some time.
It clearly bought him another year but even then didn’t he barely get you to a bowl game?

A reporter asked him about the very noticeable "Fire MusDump" chant during a game(2014) when Mizzou whipped our asses. He claimed he didn't hear it.

It clearly bought him another year but even then didn’t he barely get you to a bowl game?
What year are you talking about? His first year or his 3rd year. His 2nd year is when he went 10-2

Maybe I’m messing up the timeline. I’m thinking of 2012 when you guys were like a play or two away from playing for the BCS. Then went 4-8 the next year. Then won like 6 or 7 the next season. Sorry for the confusion. Just dumbfounded he thinks he was good enough to be retained by any D1 team much less one with the standards of UF.

All coaches can do is make the right calls. The players have to execute. Some do, some don't. Its all on the players that don't.

Maybe I’m messing up the timeline. I’m thinking of 2012 when you guys were like a play or two away from playing for the BCS. Then went 4-8 the next year. Then won like 6 or 7 the next season. Sorry for the confusion. Just dumbfounded he thinks he was good enough to be retained by any D1 team much less one with the standards of UF.
Year 1 - 7-6
Year 2 - 10-2
Year 3 - 4-8
Year 4 - 6-5

I don’t think he is that dumb to think that. He’s just a bad head coach. He should never sniff a P5 head coaching job ever again.

Reactions: gatordad3 and fsumc
Year 1 - 7-6
Year 2 - 10-2
Year 3 - 4-8
Year 4 - 6-5

I don’t think he is that dumb to think that. He’s just a bad head coach. He should never sniff a P5 head coaching job ever again.
Agree. But I'd still take him as a DC.

Doesn't look like Muschamp is coming to G'ville for any reason.

Paco & others pointed out, correctly IMO, that coming back as an assistant to a team where he was once the HC won't happen - especially when you consider his buyout from USC East -

"...The buyout provision in the contract means Muschamp would make 75% of his current salary from USC, or (4 yrs @) $3.3 million a year.
What’s more, whatever he makes at a new job will come out of South Carolina’s obligations. His USC’s contracts set the minimum offset (mitigation) at 75% of the previous holder of a coach’s new job."
https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article247207839.html

Even more important -
Swamp247 reported Florida is reportedly set to hire Auburn secondary coach Wesley McGriff as one of its assistant coach hires this offseason.

Swamp247 reported that Florida is also believed to be in talks with Texas defensive coordinator Chris Ash. FootballScoop.com reports that McGriff is expected to be hired, while other potential candidates for Florida are Ash, former UF coordinator Charlie Strong and Pittsburgh's Cory Sanders to round out the staff. "
https://247sports.com/college/flori...urn-secondary-coach-Wesley-McGriff-158755081/

Reactions: gatordad3
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT