ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn @ UF

I think this game has always been a night game since 1999. So excited about this game. It's been far to long since these two programs have played each other.

Reactions: gatordad3
I think this game has always been a night game since 1999. So excited about this game. It's been far to long since these two programs have played each other.

Yeah I was discussing that with the Geneva/Dothan crew last night. I knew I remembered a day game in the Swamp with Grossman & Gaffney. Played twice that year.

It will all come down to physicality on both sides of the ball and making tackles in space. Gus always tries to isolate his playmakers in space with misdirection and it’s imperative that we tackle well and stay disciplined. The one positive is they don’t have the best running QB for their scheme but he’s productive enough. Auburn’s defensive front will be the best we’ve seen at this point this season.

It will all come down to physicality on both sides of the ball and making tackles in space. Gus always tries to isolate his playmakers in space with misdirection and it’s imperative that we tackle well and stay disciplined. The one positive is they don’t have the best running QB for their scheme but he’s productive enough. Auburn’s defensive front will be the best we’ve seen at this point this season.

Bo Nix went 12/20 for 100 yards and a TD and rushed 12 times for 38 yards (one rush of 16).

Through 4 games:

56/104 645 yds 5 TDs 2 INT

38 rushes 117 yards 1 TD

Gus is managing him like crazy. Two of those games were against absolutely nobody.

Yes he
Bo Nix went 12/20 for 100 yards and a TD and rushed 12 times for 38 yards (one rush of 16).

Through 4 games:

56/104 645 yds 5 TDs 2 INT

38 rushes 117 yards 1 TD

Gus is managing him like crazy. Two of those games were against absolutely nobody.

Yes he’s definitely managing him like crazy but Bo does just enough during the game to keep the defense honest in respect to his running. Offensively they are same ole auburn with the misdirection and speed. Schwartz is their speedster. Lose containment and they break you. We should have a real good chance to beat them.

Reactions: g8rbass94
Key to the game, just like for most games, are turnovers, missed tackles, stupid penalties.

Fix those 3 things and the Gators would even have a chance vs LSU & UGly... :cool:

Don't fix them, and Albarn will be one of 3 sure losses this season... o_O

Last edited:
Thoughts?
I would assume it'll be a night game....

Offensively, both teams average scoring about the same amount of points: 33 pts/g.

Auburn is mostly a running team (260 yards/G & 11 rushing TDs) led by Whitlow (400+ yards, 4 TDs). Auburn's QB, Bo Nix, only averages passing for about 160 yards/G (6.2 yards/pass attempt), 5 passing TD's 2 ints and sacked 4 times.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/2
The wrinkle in Auburn's short-yardage/goal-line situation is to be aware of Auburn's second leading rusher, QB Joey Gatewood, rFr ( 6'5 230). Auburn's teams statistics have Gatewood being credited with averaging 6 yards a carry (20/128 yards, 3 TD's). Notice, how many of Auburn's play-makers (Gatewood, Schartz, Stove and M. Anthony-Richards) also originally came from the state of Florida.:mad:

(Note: If ever Florida's offensive line can get the running game going than a player like Emory Jones/Trask could be that more dangerous/productive, too!)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4361329/joey-gatewood
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/2

In contrast, Florida averages running for only 136 yards/g (9 rushing TDs total led by Perine: 182 y, 3 TDs). In the passing game behind Franks, Trask & Jones, Florida has been much more productive (294 yards/G passing, 8 TD's, 5 ints and sacked 5 times). Trask averaged 10.0 yards per completion (Franks was not too far off at 9.8 yards).
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/57

=====================================================================
Defensively, Florida is one of the best teams in college football:
- 10th in scoring defense (11.0 ppg)
- #1 sacks: 20
-#2 interceptions: 7

- Defensive efficiency: (only 14th) <-- must have been all of those 3rd downs/4th downs given up in some games (i.e, Miami). This number should have been a lot better than 14th.

- Total Defense: 285 y/G (#23)
- Rushing Defense: 92.3 y/G (#23)
- Passing Defense: 193 y/g (#38)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auburn:
- #23 scoring defense (15.8 ppg)
- Sacks: 11 (#23)
- Interceptions: 1 (#111) <------------ Hmmmmmmmm!
- Defensive efficiency: #10 <------ Slightly better than Florida's!

- Total Defense: 317 y/G (#35)
- Rushing Defense: 89.5 y/G (#20)
- Passing Defense: 227 y/g (#67)

Both Florida's and Auburn's defenses are talented and formidable!
===================================================================

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/defEfficiency/tab/efficiency

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/interceptions

Last edited:
Reactions: GatorGraz
No clue what to make of this game. We really haven't played well and the competition hasn't been great. Auburn has played 2 tough opponents and 2 weaklings. They've looked inconsistent. It will be another close game would be my guess.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Florida will beat Towson and Auburn

LSU and Georgia are tossups, Gators small dogs

Slight favorite at Missouri

Solid favorite the rest

Florida will beat Towson and Auburn

LSU and Georgia are tossups, Gators small dogs

Slight favorite at Missouri

Solid favorite the rest

I'm not so sure that I'd be willing to put Auburn in the win column just yet. That should be a very good game. I could see it going either way.

Regarding LSU, I'll be very surprised if UF wins that game. Anything can (and does) happen but LSU is VERY good on O. They have some serious concerns on D but I'm not sure UF will be able to keep pace if I'm being honest.

Yep I think their D line handles our O line. Trask needs to stay poised and throw the ball away instead of turning it over.

Reactions: GatorGraz
All sadgator knows for sure is that the pregame festivities for the Auburn game are going to be the best in like a decade in Gainesville. sadgator will be present, and it is going to be a blast...

And LakerGator will be keeping Ms. Sad all comfy in his Gainesville Suite watching the game while being serviced.

WOOO!!!!

You PUSSY Sad! I know who you are, but, who am I?

I'm not so sure that I'd be willing to put Auburn in the win column just yet. That should be a very good game. I could see it going either way.

Regarding LSU, I'll be very surprised if UF wins that game. Anything can (and does) happen but LSU is VERY good on O. They have some serious concerns on D but I'm not sure UF will be able to keep pace if I'm being honest.

I am just being a fan

Not an analyst

Of course LSU and Auburn and others are good and might beat Florida

It is ok

All sadgator knows for sure is that the pregame festivities for the Auburn game are going to be the best in like a decade in Gainesville. sadgator will be present, and it is going to be a blast...
But will the post game festivities be the best in like a decade *wink, wink* ? Assuming we win of course.

I have to think our playbook hasn’t been full opened either. We’ve seen like two jet sweeps and one went to the house against Kentucky. Also I’m just not a big believer in Perine anymore. He was a good second punch back last year behind Scarlett and a better offensive line but I think pierce is a better physical back and has better vision. Perines vision is terrible this year

Reactions: rdgtr
I have to think our playbook hasn’t been full opened either. We’ve seen like two jet sweeps and one went to the house against Kentucky. Also I’m just not a big believer in Perine anymore. He was a good second punch back last year behind Scarlett and a better offensive line but I think pierce is a better physical back and has better vision. Perines vision is terrible this year

Pierce needs more carries. I feel like Mullen is figuring out who his players are and will begin to feature Pierce more.

3:30 kickoff. I was hoping we were wearing the 06 retro's but in case you haven't seen, looks like we are wearing blue retro helmets (1965) check out the matching tees we are selling for homecoming:
twitter.com/gatorsunis?lang=en

Last edited:
3:30 kickoff. I was hoping we were wearing the 06 retro's but in case you haven't seen, looks like we are wearing blue retro helmets (1965) check out the matching tees we are selling for homecoming:
twitter.com/gatorsunis?lang=en

I had it on pretty good authority that we'd be going with the 1966 throw backs with the White helmet.

Remember, when Steve spurrier kicked the game winner against Auburn to clinch the Heisman.

But those shirts certainly imply that....comes in Blue and White...it'll be interesting to see what they go with.

I had it on pretty good authority that we'd be going with the 1966 throw backs with the White helmet.

Remember, when Steve spurrier kicked the game winner against Auburn to clinch the Heisman.

But those shirts certainly imply that....comes in Blue and White...it'll be interesting to see what they go with.
surely they'll go with white.

It is going to be interesting to see how Trask handles the pressure Auburn will put on him. He has been given tons of time to find receivers so far. That won't happen against Auburn

Auburn defense line is straight savages. They will put Trask under a lot more pressure than he has gotten so far. Auburn will also blitz if the line can't pressure him. I just don't see him getting the same amount of time he has gotten so far

Auburn will also shut down the run. Texas A&M only had 56 yards rushing for the entire game and 25 yards came on a play where they faced 3rd and 30.

Oregon had like 90 yards rushing but 35 yards came on one play early in the game

Reactions: nail1988
It is going to be interesting to see how Trask handles the pressure Auburn will put on him. He has been given tons of time to find receivers so far. That won't happen against Auburn

Auburn defense line is straight savages. They will put Trask under a lot more pressure than he has gotten so far. Auburn will also blitz if the line can't pressure him. I just don't see him getting the same amount of time he has gotten so far

Auburn will also shut down the run. Texas A&M only had 56 yards rushing for the entire game and 25 yards came on a play where they faced 3rd and 30.

Oregon had like 90 yards rushing but 35 yards came on one play early in the game
How good are y'alls DB's? All I really got to watch is the 1st half of the Oregon game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT