ADVERTISEMENT

As my 86 year old Mom said;

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
She’s proud of the boys. Look at the G.T. staff predictions. The predictions on here. At 21-3 who thought we’d outscore them 26-10 and hold them to punts for 4 possessions in a row?
Grantham’s boys played good after the 1st quarter, Emory Jones the same after his ONE int. Who thought he’d have more than 1 after that?

N.Wright! Almost 70 yards in ONE DRIVE!
Jones playing like a MAN on his runs! Our T.E.’s playing good and what about the Horseshit penalties?

We’re gonna kick ass until the Georgia game and make them our bitch again. And The Noles? We’re gonna destroy those %#*#%!!!

Take it one week at a time, don't overlook opponents and nobody on our schedule can beat us with what we showed last night. Georgia may still be ranked ahead of us and a better defense and favored in Jax, but they are stuck with Kirby Smart and basically one of the worst coaching staffs in the SEC East. That will ALWAYS hold that team back and they just won't accept it.

Right now, I take that back, last night around 9pm it became TENNESSEE week. So the focus now should be on putting the hillfolk back in their burning dumpster where they belong and helping them to realize that Josh Helpless isn't the answer to their drunken prayers yet again.

Way too long of a post, so the short bus riders should just skip on down the thread to the next post....

From 3rd start Emory Jones vs Freakin' #1 Ranked Defending NC Bama:
Passing - 18 of 28 (64.3%) 195 Yds, 10.8 Yd/Rec, 7.0 Yd/Att, 0 TD's, 1 Int, 1 sack, L-30.
Rushing - 19 for 76 Yds, 4.0 YPC, 1 TD, L-14.

Much maligned Emory helped lead Florida on 3 2nd-half scoring drives of 75+ yards (5 in total, 4 after the INT), including one 99-yard drive, to get back in the game against Saban's Bama defense, despite some scattered ignorant boos from some disgruntled (read clueless) fans....
-----
QB Young ***** Comparison, just for fun:
Passing 22 of 35 (62.9%) for 240 Yds, 10.9 Yds/Rec, Yds/Att 6.9, 2 sacks, 3 TD's, 0 Ints.
Rushing 4 for -4 Yds, 0 TD's, L-7.
----------

UF has a legitimate 3-headed monster at the RB position.

Malik Davis rsSr
has 7.2 YPC this season and 9.6 on 10 carries vs Bama.
Dameon Pierce Sr
scored 2 TD's vs Bama, up to 5 TD's through 3 games.
Nay'Quan Wright rsSo
averaged 9.5 yards per touch vs Bama, with 7 rushes for 58 yards, 8.3 YPC, with a clutch 3rd-down reception for 18 yards to get UF off of the one-yard line on its 99-yard scoring drive.

For the 2021 season so far:
Davis, Pierce, and Wright are all starting-caliber backs in the SEC, none of them lose momentum when they rotate in and out of the committee lineup, and each has repeatedly proven that they can produce against anyone, (just as I've been saying since last season, a committee rules)

Davis 6.8 YPC, L-31 -- Pierce 6.1 YPC, L-20 -- Wright 5.8 YPC, L-30

Team vs Bama - 43 for 244 Yds, 5.7 YPC, 4 TD's, L-30
Bama Rushing - 28 for 91 Yds, 3.3 YPC, 1 TD, L-23

The RB Committee is working really well (as I expected from the get-go), even without the 2 5-stars being utilized much so far. Their day will come soon, and I'm expecting big things from them when they do, along with the incoming RB recruits in the near future.
----------

TOLJA last week that the TE's were going to be used more shortly:
Zipperer - 4 for 51 Yds, 12.75 Yds/Rec, L-30
Gamble - 5 for 32 Yds, 6.4 Yds/Rec, L-21
Combined - 9 for 83 Yds, 9.2 Yds/Rec vs Bama.

This young Gator team was just 3 points away from snapping #1 Ranked and defending NC Alabama's 31-game winning streak against SEC-E foes.

2020 SEC-C Game = -6 Pts --- 2021 Game = -2 Pts - getting closer....
IF 2021 SEC-C, Dan/Team will finally get them the next time....

==========

Something that I've complained about since last season that still needs correcting, or working on:

Tackling -- They get to the ball 'very fast',,,,, and then blow right by, failing to make the tackle.
~~ Get there a step slower, and then the players have to make the damn tackle.
Your position coach can't come on the field and make the tackle for you.....

What the iG saw as the primary causes for not winning vs Bama:
Missed tackles (especially 1st Qtr) and a critical missed X-Pt (wtf)....
K Chris Howard made a 25 Yd FG, but then he missed the critical X-PT.

Had Excellent Games:

Dan & Staff's preparations, game plan, play calling, use of roster.
Emory Jones, only his 3rd start, and with no AR-15 backup.
All 3 RB's - Davis-Pierce-Wright
The Top 3 Receiver for the game:
TE Keon Zipperer - 4 for 51 Yds, 12.75 Yds/Rec, L-30
WR Trent Whittemore - 4 for 35, 8.75 Yds/Rec, L-17 (best WR blocker)
TE Kemore Gamble - 5 for 32 Yds, 6.40 Yds/Rec, L-21
P Jeremy Crawshaw - L-53, Ave 47 (Gator's only punted twice)

Dexter - Elam - Johnson - Torrence - Mohamoud -- Dean - Cox - Carter

The iG is looking forward to seeing the TEAM continue to improve and progress across the season.

Hevesy OL/Running Game, and Grantham DC/DL both continue to do an excellent job imo.

And furthermore....
🤔

Keon Zipperer and Kemore Gamble combined for 9 catches for 83 yards, and both had catches of 20+ yards. Eight different guys caught passes and none had more than 5 receptions. Zipperer’s 52 yards led the team.

Covering for their chit calls. The Gators actually had fewer penalties than Alabama, but it seemed most of the calls against the Gators came at very costly times.

The usual SEC Ref's standard when calling an Alabama game:

Florida had 3 separate pass interference penalties on 3rd down, leading to 17 points for the Red Turds.
Many of the calls against the Turds were early down calls for off sides, delay of game, etc....

The Gator's defensive front 7 was getting the job done. The Gators had 2 sacks and 7 TFL against the Alabama offensive line. They had Bryce Young under pressure all day, and the limited number of sacks (2) was due to the high number so quick throw plays that Grantham forced on their offense. Allowing just 10 total points total in quarters 2-3-4, the defense stood tall in the face of adversity, challenging a usually hard-nosed unit to a point where they failed to reach the century mark in yards on the ground with just 91 on 28 carries, 3.25 YPC.

The Grantham Gator-D allowed just 10 points in the final three quarters or 3.3 points per quarter. In the first 2 games this season (including vs #14 Mia) Bama averaged 46 points or 11.5 points per quarter. A year ago and through 13 games against 11 SEC teams and two other Power-5 and playoff teams the Crimson Tide average 48.5 points per game or more than 12 points a quarter. It was a real feat to hold Alabama to just 10 points through the last 3 quarters.

“I thought Todd and his staff had a great scheme today and really did a good job putting guys out there in positions to make plays on the field. On the back end, we have a very young secondary going against a bunch of talented guys. I thought they really stepped up and played well. A couple of (very questionable) penalties here and there that were bang-bang plays. But I liked the aggressiveness and the confidence our guys played with.” -- Dan Mullen

An iG note:
"I'd love to have a Zookster type of coach back to run the stumble-butt Special Teams...."
K Chris Howard's lack of focus on a freakin' X-Pt is unacceptable imo.
The player that RT Delance was unsuccessfully attempting to block, made the tackle to stop the 2 Pt conversion. He is a 50/50 kind of guy imo. He's not terrible all the time, but he only makes the play about 1/2 of the time. His inconsistent play of 2020 continues unabated.

Why is Jean Delance still starting at RT????
JMOHO, but Braun, Tarquin, or Mincy need more practice reps with a move to replace him at RT.

And furthermore....
🤔

Keon Zipperer and Kemore Gamble combined for 9 catches for 83 yards, and both had catches of 20+ yards. Eight different guys caught passes and none had more than 5 receptions. Zipperer’s 52 yards led the team.

Covering for their chit calls. The Gators actually had fewer penalties than Alabama, but it seemed most of the calls against the Gators came at very costly times.

The usual SEC Ref's standard when calling an Alabama game:

Florida had 3 separate pass interference penalties on 3rd down, leading to 17 points for the Red Turds.
Many of the calls against the Turds were early down calls for off sides, delay of game, etc....

The Gator's defensive front 7 was getting the job done. The Gators had 2 sacks and 7 TFL against the Alabama offensive line. They had Bryce Young under pressure all day, and the limited number of sacks (2) was due to the high number so quick throw plays that Grantham forced on their offense. Allowing just 10 total points total in quarters 2-3-4, the defense stood tall in the face of adversity, challenging a usually hard-nosed unit to a point where they failed to reach the century mark in yards on the ground with just 91 on 28 carries, 3.25 YPC.

The Grantham Gator-D allowed just 10 points in the final three quarters or 3.3 points per quarter. In the first 2 games this season (including vs #14 Mia) Bama averaged 46 points or 11.5 points per quarter. A year ago and through 13 games against 11 SEC teams and two other Power-5 and playoff teams the Crimson Tide average 48.5 points per game or more than 12 points a quarter. It was a real feat to hold Alabama to just 10 points through the last 3 quarters.

“I thought Todd and his staff had a great scheme today and really did a good job putting guys out there in positions to make plays on the field. On the back end, we have a very young secondary going against a bunch of talented guys. I thought they really stepped up and played well. A couple of (very questionable) penalties here and there that were bang-bang plays. But I liked the aggressiveness and the confidence our guys played with.” -- Dan Mullen

An iG note:
"I'd love to have a Zookster type of coach back to run the stumble-butt Special Teams...."
K Chris Howard's lack of focus on a freakin' X-Pt is unacceptable imo.
The player that RT Delance was unsuccessfully attempting to block, made the tackle to stop the 2 Pt conversion. He is a 50/50 kind of guy imo. He's not terrible all the time, but he only makes the play about 1/2 of the time. His inconsistent play of 2020 continues unabated.

Why is Jean Delance still starting at RT????
JMOHO, but Braun, Tarquin, or Mincy need more practice reps with a move to replace him at RT.

Delance looked like a one man wrecking crew on some running plays but he is suspect against those speed rushers at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT