ADVERTISEMENT

As I Predicted

gator1776

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2011
Abortion, and the republican party’s obsession with abortion, prevented a red wave from happening last night that was desperately needed.
Enjoy that in your echo chamber of lies and half truths.

Vermont and Michigan vote to protect abortion rights in constitutions

Supporters react as preliminary results come in for Michigan Proposal 3, which would in Detroit, Mich., on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. The ballot initiative would put a definitive end to a 1931 ban on abortion and affirm the right to make pregnancy-related decisions about abortion and other reproductive services such as birth control without interference. (Ryan Sun/Ann Arbor News via AP)
Supporters are overcome on hearing preliminary results for Michigan Proposal 3. Photograph: Ryan Sun/AP
Voters in multiple states passed measures to enshrine the right to an abortion during yesterday’s midterm elections, in a rebuke to the crackdown on reproductive freedoms taking place across the US.
In Michigan, abortion rights campaigners declared victory on a ballot initiative looking to secure a constitutional right to abortion, meaning the state will now escape the imposition of a 1931 abortion ban that was on the books.

“Today, the people of Michigan voted to restore the reproductive rights they’ve had for 50 years,” said Darci McConnell, a spokesperson for Reproductive Freedom for All, which put forth the ballot measure.
The news broke as other US states also saw victories for abortion rights initiatives.
Vermont became the first state in America to protect abortion rights in its state constitution just before Michigan, calling its result on Tuesday after its voters backed a ballot initiative by a huge margin.
  • What does this mean for anti-abortion Republicans? These wins are more blows for Republicans who are increasingly finding that, when put to a vote, Americans frequently do not agree with a sweeping agenda to dismantle abortion rights. So far, the anti-abortion movement has relied on judges, state houses and Republican lawmakers to curtail reproductive rights

Abortion, and the republican party’s obsession with abortion, prevented a red wave from happening last night that was desperately needed.

Supporters react as preliminary results come in for Michigan Proposal 3, which would in Detroit, Mich., on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. The ballot initiative would put a definitive end to a 1931 ban on abortion and affirm the right to make pregnancy-related decisions about abortion and other reproductive services such as birth control without interference. (Ryan Sun/Ann Arbor News via AP)
Supporters are overcome on hearing preliminary results for Michigan Proposal 3. Photograph: Ryan Sun/AP
Voters in multiple states passed measures to enshrine the right to an abortion during yesterday’s midterm elections, in a rebuke to the crackdown on reproductive freedoms taking place across the US.
In Michigan, abortion rights campaigners declared victory on a ballot initiative looking to secure a constitutional right to abortion, meaning the state will now escape the imposition of a 1931 abortion ban that was on the books.

“Today, the people of Michigan voted to restore the reproductive rights they’ve had for 50 years,” said Darci McConnell, a spokesperson for Reproductive Freedom for All, which put forth the ballot measure.
The news broke as other US states also saw victories for abortion rights initiatives.
Vermont became the first state in America to protect abortion rights in its state constitution just before Michigan, calling its result on Tuesday after its voters backed a ballot initiative by a huge margin.
  • What does this mean for anti-abortion Republicans? These wins are more blows for Republicans who are increasingly finding that, when put to a vote, Americans frequently do not agree with a sweeping agenda to dismantle abortion rights. So far, the anti-abortion movement has relied on judges, state houses and Republican lawmakers to curtail reproductive rights

I do not agree with hardly ANYTHING you have ever posted. In fact, as a doctor your covid posts are just laughable. I mean you were 100% WRONG on just about everything you ever posted. BUT...I think you are on to something here. I saw some entrance, and exit polls yesterday...some before the results came out, and some after. One of the entrance polls stated that 68-70% of Americans WANT abortion to be a federal right. I have stated anytime that this was ever brought up that it as not in the top 10 of important things to me(but admit I also thought it was not as important as it is) The only part I am 100% against...and always will be is federal money spent on abortions. I could never back that. I am good IF congress can make a law and pass it. Personally, I would have never aborted a baby...but I have never felt it was my right to push my religious beliefs on others. But there IS a point where it IS murder. Where is that line?

Reactions: goldmom

golf-fail.gif

Lets analyze.

2 states out of 50. There is no groundswell in TN to legalize abortion. This state is still 2-1 pub.

This may have helped Whitmer in a blue state keep her seat but Vermont elected a pub for governor and it appears it was not close. The wave was not about Governors.

You speculate that this issue stopped a red wave. Its just speculation on your part.

The amendments in those states now make that issue moot. MI will still be blue and Vermont purple and abortion will play no part in future races.

The problem is open ended voting that starts way to early. Dems could run a dog and win in parts of MI and Pa.
Spuds Mackenzie wins against OZ last night with the Pa voting system.

In fact I speculate that if the candidates were mislabeled in their affiliation that OZ would walk of with a resounding win. Pubs would know he was mislabeled and dems would vote for the D not bothering to be informed.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
These next two years will give Republicans the time to stress that SCOTUS turned the issue back to the states and voters can deal with it State by State. Whoever sold them the idea that it was not an issue missed the mark. Not hugely but still measurable.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
These next two years will give Republicans the time to stress that SCOTUS turned the issue back to the states and voters can deal with it State by State. Whoever sold them the idea that it was not an issue missed the mark. Not hugely but still measurable.
Yeah the problem is every Democratic strategist on the planet is now going to put it on the ballot in every state they possibly can because it drives up the liberal turn out and vote like it did in Michigan and Wisconsin.

End result is the same as it always would’ve been, abortion will be officially legalized or remain intact in almost every state, but it helps get Democrats elected again so that they can push their left leaning anti-energy agenda which is really driving inflation amongst other things.

But all these experts in here that keep listening to each other can go on ignoring the truth.

Reactions: goldmom
I do not think this is the answer. I do not think this is what America wants. I think last night proved this. What blows my mind is THIS is more important to most people than securing our borders...SMGDH. Killing babies is more important...let that set in. I think by the entrance polls I saw, for this to NOT be an achilles heel for Conservatives...there will need to be some kind of National abortion policy. 68% of Americans WANT this to happen. Just blows my mind.

I do not think this is the answer. I do not think this is what America wants. I think last night proved this. What blows my mind is THIS is more important to most people than securing our borders...SMGDH. Killing babies is more important...let that set in. I think by the entrance polls I saw, for this to NOT be an achilles heel for Conservatives...there will need to be some kind of National abortion policy. 68% of Americans WANT this to happen. Just blows my mind.
Not everyone sees it the way you do. I don’t begrudge you your opinion on this but what blows your mind doesn’t even cross other’s minds.
More will vote pocketbook and crime issues because more are affected by those issues. That’s just how it is.

Not everyone sees it the way you do. I don’t begrudge you your opinion on this but what blows your mind doesn’t even cross other’s minds.
More will vote pocketbook and crime issues because more are affected by those issues. That’s just how it is.
You must have missed last night? You can find DOZENS of my responses on here parroting what you say here. But that DID NOT happen last night. In fact, I really am not sure what did. We have the worst performance by ANY president in my lifetime...and he did not get the throttling that he should have, except in Florida. How in HELL did a voter go in and vote for Kemp AND Warnock? Explain that one. A COMMUNIST. This was NOT my opinion..it IS what happened last night. Please expound on what YOU think happened..I will be happy to listen.

Communist? Anyone could see that what happened in Georgia was predictable. To call them a Commie is intellectually lazy.

Reactions: gator1776
Lets analyze.

2 states out of 50. There is no groundswell in TN to legalize abortion. This state is still 2-1 pub.

This may have helped Whitmer in a blue state keep her seat but Vermont elected a pub for governor and it appears it was not close. The wave was not about Governors.

You speculate that this issue stopped a red wave. Its just speculation on your part.

The amendments in those states now make that issue moot. MI will still be blue and Vermont purple and abortion will play no part in future races.

The problem is open ended voting that starts way to early. Dems could run a dog and win in parts of MI and Pa.

In fact I speculate that if the candidates were mislabeled in their affiliation that OZ would walk of with a resounding win. Pubs would know he was mislabeled and dems would vote for the D not bothering to be informed.
You can't legislate morality, therefore that is why abortion should not be a political issue. However, I agree that it is not why there was no red wave, To me it was either cheating, stupidity or both.

Yeah the problem is every Democratic strategist on the planet is now going to put it on the ballot in every state they possibly can because it drives up the liberal turn out and vote like it did in Michigan and Wisconsin.

End result is the same as it always would’ve been, abortion will be officially legalized or remain intact in almost every state, but it helps get Democrats elected again so that they can push their left leaning anti-energy agenda which is really driving inflation amongst other things.

But all these experts in here that keep listening to each other can go on ignoring the truth.

Even if we accept what you say as the truth, the fact of the matter is that RvW was horrible law. It was unconstitutional from the day the ink dried. It's an issue that should have always been determined at the state level.

You can't legislate morality, therefore that is why abortion should not be a political issue. However, I agree that it is not why there was no red wave, To me it was either cheating, stupidity or both.
Hahahah. You guys play the cheating card every time you lose. Like clockwork. It’s just another example of how clueless this board is.

But it is entertaining.

How many mules this time@? LOL.

Yes surprisingly predictable in this forum.
Say, why do you and Swamp Thing no longer post in the paid board? Did you have a run in with the new owners?

You missed Ghosts meltdown when they wouldn’t lock the GOAT thread.

Last edited:
Say, why did you and Swamp Thing no longer post in the paid board? Did you have a run in with the new owners?

You missed Ghosts meltdown when they wouldn’t lock the GOAT thread.
Lol
What a shame, but it wouldn’t be the first @GhostOfMatchesMalone meltdown I’ve seen.
Oh I don’t have a problem with @JasonHigdon , we have several mutual friends actually although he may not realize that. I had some issues with what was allowed to happen in here and what was allowed to be said and I decided to move on at least for a while.
But I tell you people that know Jason told me he’s a good dude and give it a second chance so I’ll be around a little bit from here and there.

Hahahah. You guys play the cheating card every time you lose. Like clockwork. It’s just another example of how clueless this board is.But it is entertaining. How many mules this time@? LOL.
Oh look, the resident ass!

181105120819-thomas-nast-elephant-donkey-2.jpg

Lets analyze.

Also, you are either pro-abortion or pro-life there is no other way to look at it.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Even if we accept what you say as the truth, the fact of the matter is that RvW was horrible law. It was unconstitutional from the day the ink dried. It's an issue that should have always been determined at the state level.
It was poorly constructed, even Ruth B Ginsberg said as much in 1992.

Then 50 years of precedent occurred permitting abortions. Then the supreme court and justices who called it "precedent over precedent" over turned it.

Now its at the state level and overwhelming, voters are approving it and women are coming out motivated by the issue.

"Safe, legal and rare" and move onto far more important issues: border, crime, inflation.

Reactions: nothergator

Great Vision...

Abortion is a 5th amendment and science based issue that SCOTUS has once again avoided. The compromise was the repeal of Roe and allowing it to go back to the states.

What happens if SCOTUS finally addresses the elephant in the room and issues a 5th amendment based ruling?

The MI and Vermont pro-abortion amendments become moot.

We will need a pub in the presidency before someone takes that to the court. The court will need protection when the pro-death cult aka dems have their holy sacrament taken from them once and for all.

He's ready for Ron. I am not sure Ron is ready for him.
Spot on. Trump is, if nothing else, a provocateur and fighter.

The fascinating part will be three things: what does: 1) the Right MSM do, 2) the Left MSMS do and 3) DeSantis's willingness to run in 2024 and fight a multi-front war (and Trump WILL make it a war). Breaking it down:

1. Right MSM (Fox) - does Fox including Laura I., Hannity, Jesse Watters, etc. carry forth on their commentary from last night and finally break from Trump. If they do, and if Ron can let the proxy war fight out there, then it makes #3 easier.

2. Left MSM (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) - do they pull a variant of what they did this election cycle, which is pump millions to (very hypocritically, but successfully) help MAGA republicans win the primary but then get crushed in the general. In this case, they help Trump win and become an instrument taking shots at DeSantis but being quiet on Trump.

They also do it because they know (Zucker did this in 2015), that Trump was GREAT for ratings. Make no mistake, the rapid decline of the late night shows, CNN, etc. has a 1:1 correlation with Trump exiting the political stage.

3. DeSantis - he really does have a decision to make, at some point. Trump will be relentless if not lethal. DeSantis though is the most advantageous position. He does not HAVE to do anything other than continue to be a great Florida governor. If things implode on the MAGA right, then he can get pulled in by donors, the Right MSM and other.

His best path, imo, just be patient and be disciplined. Don't take the bait. Take policy shots at the left and avoid Trump.

If Trump does exceptionally well, then fine, Trump wins in 2024 and moves on in 2028. If not, then the movement is dead, Trump is 80 (or so) and Ron can do his thing.

Oh by the way, the other big winner on Tuesday: Tim Scott. Won with 63% (or more) of the vote.

Again, fascinating.

The fascinating part will be three things: what does: 1) the Right MSM do, 2) the Left MSMS do and 3) DeSantis's willingness to run in 2024 and fight a multi-front war (and Trump WILL make it a war). Breaking it down:

1. Right MSM (Fox) - does Fox including Laura I., Hannity, Jesse Watters, etc. carry forth on their commentary from last night and finally break from Trump. If they do, and if Ron can let the proxy war fight out there, then it makes #3 easier.

2. Left MSM (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) - do they pull a variant of what they did this election cycle, which is pump millions to (very hypocritically, but successfully) help MAGA republicans win the primary but then get crushed in the general. In this case, they help Trump win and become an instrument taking shots at DeSantis but being quiet on Trump.

They also do it because they know (Zucker did this in 2015), that Trump was GREAT for ratings. Make no mistake, the rapid decline of the late night shows, CNN, etc. has a 1:1 correlation with Trump exiting the political stage.

3. DeSantis - he really does have a decision to make, at some point. Trump will be relentless if not lethal. DeSantis though is the most advantageous position. He does not HAVE to do anything other than continue to be a great Florida governor. If things implode on the MAGA right, then he can get pulled in by donors, the Right MSM and other.

His best path, imo, just be patient and be disciplined. Don't take the bait. Take policy shots at the left and avoid Trump.

If Trump does exceptionally well, then fine, Trump wins in 2024 and moves on in 2028. If not, then the movement is dead, Trump is 80 (or so) and Ron can do his thing.

Oh by the way, the other big winner on Tuesday: Tim Scott. Won with 63% (or more) of the vote.

Again, fascinating.
MAGA is not Trump.

Desantis is part of MAGA.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Unless Trump’s influence is reduced further, I agree that DeSantis should avoid going head-to-head with Trump, for the same reason one should not wrestle with a pig. DeSantis is smart, but no one is as able and willing as Trump to get dirty at a sustained level. Trump would rather “burn it all down” and take DeSantis (and the GOP) with him.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
Unless Trump’s influence is reduced further, I agree that DeSantis should avoid going head-to-head with Trump, for the same reason one should not wrestle with a pig. DeSantis is smart, but no one is as able and willing as Trump to get dirty at a sustained level. Trump would rather “burn it all down” and take DeSantis (and the GOP) with him.
Very good analysis...

Again, fascinating.
FOX already started the move towards DeSantis. That is why Trump reminded people about the polls at his last political event.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT