ADVERTISEMENT

Are you excited for football with the opening part of the schedule you have?

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Last yr FSU opened with Bama and this yr we open with Va tech. That big game feel on week gets me really excited for the season. Are you as pumped or less pumped because you start with Ch Southern? Not meant to be a dig, we have started with cupcakes before, jus gauging if you are more/less/ or the same excited depending on opponent

Charleston Southern is a D2, but they have won their conference in 2 of the last 3 seasons.
The Meatchicken fans made fun of D2 AppSt being on their opening game schedule, until they lost to them in their Big House. I'm not taking them for granted, but of course the Gators should win that game going away on team talent levels and depth...

UK (7-6) is going to get them eventually, I just hope it's not in 2018.
UK 23 - 13 SCa 9-4
UK 23 - 24 NW 10-3 in Bowl (their last game of 2017)

MWC ColoSt was also a 7-6 Bowl team in 2017.
ColoSt 23 - 41 Alabama 13-1
ColoSt 52 - 59 BSU 11-3
Again, should be another win while slowly stepping up the competition for the @ tennis-sea game on 9-22-18

Considering they have an 8-9 game SEC schedule + FSUcks that awaits them after the 'opening part', I'm fine with the relatively weaker early opponents, and especially with a new coaching staff and coming off a 4-7 season.

Reactions: fsu939913
Last yr FSU opened with Bama and this yr we open with Va tech. That big game feel on week gets me really excited for the season. Are you as pumped or less pumped because you start with Ch Southern? Not meant to be a dig, we have started with cupcakes before, jus gauging if you are more/less/ or the same excited depending on opponent

I am always excited for college football to start. As far as the opening opponent I think we might get a situation where we get a false sense of hope for the offense as that team has been destroyed in recent years in those games. Miss State dropped almost 50 on them and like 550 yards while shutting them out. Watched just a little of that in the early part of the game and MSU actually wasn't able to just line up and run the ball down their throat at will.They held up some to that and MSU had to get their runs to the outside more and pass it some. KY will give us a better sense of what we have going on offense.

Charleston Southern is a D2, but they have won their conference in 2 of the last 3 seasons.
The Meatchicken fans made fun of D2 AppSt being on their opening game schedule, until they lost to them in their Big House. I'm not taking them for granted, but of course the Gators should win that game going away on team talent levels and depth...

UK (7-6) is going to get them eventually, I just hope it's not in 2018.
UK 23 - 13 SCa 9-4
UK 23 - 24 NW 10-3 in Bowl (their last game of 2017)

MWC ColoSt was also a 7-6 Bowl team in 2017.
ColoSt 23 - 41 Alabama 13-1
ColoSt 52 - 59 BSU 11-3
Again, should be another win while slowly stepping up the competition for the @ tennis-sea game on 9-22-18

Considering they have an 8-9 game SEC schedule + FSUcks that awaits them after the 'opening part', I'm fine with the relatively weaker early opponents, and especially with a new coaching staff and coming off a 4-7 season.

Trying to build up Vaunted Charleston Southern a division 2 school ?

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Trying to build up Vaunted Charleston Southern a division 2 school ?
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Stating exactly what they have done is not building up anything, you twit. :rolleyes:
(BTW, they at least had a 6-5 winning season in 2017)

However, lets just look at how your chokers started off the 2017 season:
Chokers 56 - 7 Texas El Paso 0-12

And by game 4 they played mighty 1-11 Baylor
Late in the season, they had to play 1-11 Kans'ass.
Before getting embarrassed with their Heisman pretender QB, by yet another SEC team...
puke-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
They are a Division 2 team. It doesn't matter if they have never lost a game in the history of the program, Division 2 teams can't compete with SEC teams.

If they do, you might as well fire Mullen and make Fever the coach.

Isn't this team about as good as that team that beat us in the Swamp under Muschamp? I think they gave that FCS team that has been winning all those championships and springing upsets on some FBS teams everything they could handle in 2016.

Edit: CSU took North Dakota State to OT on the road in 2016 the same year ND State beat a ranked Iowa team that upset # 3 Michigan and then beat a ranked Nebraska team.

Last edited:
They are a Division 2 team. It doesn't matter if they have never lost a game in the history of the program, Division 2 teams can't compete with SEC teams.

My apologies to instant. I forgot about division 2 Georgia Southern victory over MissChimp and the lizzerds in the swamp. I can now see his concern for Charleston Southern :D:D

I'm not taking them for granted, but of course the Gators should win that game going away on team talent levels and depth...

Are some of you twits this stupid, or are you just obnoxious to a fault DH's? (rhetorical of course) :rolleyes:

Charleston Southern shouldn’t be more than a glorified scrimmage for you guys. UK played them in 2010 (we went 6-7, lost the bowl game), and we beat them 49-21. It would be very bad if you struggle or God Forbid lose to them. I expect you to roll easily in that one.

As for the second game, it will be an interesting matchup for both teams. We play Central Michigan in our opener before heading to Gainesville in week 2.

The elephant in the room when it comes to the UF-UK game is the embarrassing streak that UK has allowed to go for 30+ straight games in the series. Mark Stoops said as much during the SEC media days. In the absence of the psychological effect of the streak, I would honestly say the teams are fairly evenly matched. We shall see....

Evenly matched? What positional group on KY besides QB and maybe RB do you think matches up with Florida?

I believe our OL is a strength of our team; not on par with an Alabama but a solid group. WR is a huge question mark that I have to concede. Not a lot of top end speed in that group. Our D should be improved over last year. Hopefully we won’t have embarrassing blown coverage schemes like last years game.

I guess I’m saying that I don’t see a huge gap in talent like there has been in the past.

I’m glad to do my part to restore your faith in your team.;)

Never really thought about the O line you guys may have this season but I remember that RB running for quite a bit as the season went on. My belief right now is we will somehow manage to get in a dog fight with you guys again.

RB?

What beef do you have with our running back stable?

Jesus dude.

That one of theirs is pretty good. I would probably say as a runner he matches any of ours except Davis as far as the guys that have gotten a lot of playing time.

Last edited:
That one of theirs is pretty good. I would probably say as a runner he matches any of ours except maybe Davis as far as the guys that have gotten a lot of playing time.

Ooookay.

I can understand being worried about our OL, because he'll, it's been an issue for most of the last decade, but our RBs? Compared to Kentucky?

Damn.

Ooookay.

I can understand being worried about our OL, because he'll, it's been an issue for most of the last decade, but our RBs? Compared to Kentucky?

Damn.

Just talking about them having that one good RB. I think they have another one doing good in practice now from what I read but he has to show it during the games before people will say they have a one two punch there.

ukalum1988 - who us going to start at QB you think and is that other RB the real deal? Always curious to hear opposing fans takes on their own team.

Hey everybody, how many of you are shocked that Fever has a bad feeling about losing to Kentucky?

Show of hands now, who's shocked at this?

Well just that we might be sweating it out in the 4th quarter. Heck last year Del Rio had to come in and save us.

The elephant in the room when it comes to the UF-UK game is the embarrassing streak that UK has allowed :rolleyes: to go for 30+ straight games in the series. Mark Stoops said as much during the SEC media days. In the absence of the psychological effect of the streak, I would honestly say the teams are fairly evenly matched. We shall see....

If the coaches let the team (hood) decide the QB starter, then UK breaks the streak.
IMO, that's what happened to Driskel, causing him to finally bail out to a better team that put winning with the best QB first, instead of going buddyhood... (that should really stir the freakin' pot up) ;)

Mac is gone which is good but Franks has to get his act together for us to start blowing these teams out again.

Always excited when the season rolls around...

Kind of like having a game or two to build into it, get the offense going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT