ADVERTISEMENT

AR15 is our boy, he's a Gator through and through

NorthJerseyGator

Gator Great
Sep 17, 2010
Playing the last couple of home games in his hometown of G'ville after the initial hoopla and attention from the media and scouts from the Utah game had him too anxious and burdened with putting on for his city. He showed his baller ability and looseness tonight on the road in a loud stadium. He's our hometown boy dealing with it all and making strides before our eyes. I'm proud of him. He took responsibility after the prior two games and played respectfully and chin up today. I feel better about our offense.

I like Napier's scared money don't make money go for it confidence and AR15 made money throws without trepidation all game long. Neither Napier nor AR15 were scared at all tonight and we were in this game the whole game.

Say what you want about taking FG's, taking XP's, taking Timeouts, what Napier and AR15 did was take control. I'll lose like that any day, ain't no pussyfooting around and losing softly.

Offense no longer concerns me as we went on the road against a good team and made plays and hung in there with AR15 steady and confident.

This is my 23rd season of being a Gators fan and I'm trying to think if this is not the most deficient secondary we've had in that timespan. Dean has been getting all this playing time since he was a true frosh and he's been a bone head the entire time. Torrence is decent. The DB's, their names weren't even mentioned because they weren't even in the camera screen on many passing plays, especially the easy peasy no coverage blown assignments big yardage passes we gave up.

Our offense is molding together in year one under Napier but there is no difference or improvements in the defense between any of the games. I don't want to be mean but that was trash defense today and really trash for three games in a row now.

I grew fond of AR15 today, he's a Gator boy since childhood from Gainesville and he was throwing like a man today.

Ugh, year one under new coaches always sucks. I'd rather lose with balls than lose with cuteness, weirdness, stubbornness, or thoughtlessness.

After Miller, drop-off in LB corps. After Torrance, drop-off in DB corps. Those two groups are our biggest weaknesses.

Say what you want about taking FG's, taking XP's, taking Timeouts, what Napier and AR15 did was take control. I'll lose like that any day, ain't no pussyfooting around and losing softly.

I'd rather lose with balls than lose with cuteness, weirdness, stubbornness, or thoughtlessness.

You do realize that a considerable reason why UF lost last night was because of "cuteness"(See third down play mentioned below), stubborness(not adjusting quickly), and thoughtlessness(several bad decisions), right?

And let's correct something...AR and Napier didnt take control. AR took control, or tried to, from bad situations that Napier put the team in. This was a winnable game that was lost, because of poor decisions and à non-existant secondary.

There were à lot of questionable decisions in this game, including the 3rd down that the entire oline froze like a statue and didn't move while the play was active and AR had no protection. We, and the rest of the country, made fun of FSU when they did it years ago. It was the joke of the country for weeks. Not only is it silly and half-baked(which the commenters even spoke on) but it's a dangerous situation to put a qb in.....especially a qb that had just spoke about his concern about an injury. A qb may have to take risks, but you don't throw your qb to the wolves like that.

If you're fine with games like this, than you will be fine with other games we will lose that could have been won.

Summary - AR and the Wrs deserve a ton of praise. The dline and oline were serviceable. The secondary cant stop a good high school football team. Lastly, Napier beat UF just as badly as UT did. Besides the obvious blunders, and there were many, his play calling is predictable. I knew what was coming before it happened.....and I'm just à fan. How much more aware do you think UT was? He needs to lose his grip of control and hire an OC.

I'm still on board with Napier, but this was not a good night for him. We dont need to pretend that it was ok or that what happened tonight doesn't need to change. This might be his first year at UF, but he's been coaching for many years. He's not à babe out of the womb, so to speak.

QB ....A-
Wrs.. ...A-
Oline.....C
Dline......C+
Secondary.....F
Coaching........F

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Playing the last couple of home games in his hometown of G'ville after the initial hoopla and attention from the media and scouts from the Utah game had him too anxious and burdened with putting on for his city. He showed his baller ability and looseness tonight on the road in a loud stadium. He's our hometown boy dealing with it all and making strides before our eyes. I'm proud of him. He took responsibility after the prior two games and played respectfully and chin up today. I feel better about our offense.

I like Napier's scared money don't make money go for it confidence and AR15 made money throws without trepidation all game long. Neither Napier nor AR15 were scared at all tonight and we were in this game the whole game.

Offense no longer concerns me as we went on the road against a good team and made plays and hung in there with AR15 steady and confident.

This is my 23rd season of being a Gators fan and I'm trying to think if this is not the most deficient secondary we've had in that timespan. Dean has been getting all this playing time since he was a true frosh and he's been a bone head the entire time. Torrence is decent. The DB's, their names weren't even mentioned because they weren't even in the camera screen on many passing plays, especially the easy peasy no coverage blown assignments big yardage passes we gave up.

Our offense is molding together in year one under Napier but there is no difference or improvements in the defense between any of the games. I don't want to be mean but that was trash defense today and really trash for three games in a row now.

I grew fond of AR15 today, he's a Gator boy since childhood from Gainesville and he was throwing like a man today.

Ugh, year one under new coaches always sucks. I'd rather lose with balls than lose with cuteness, weirdness, stubbornness, or thoughtlessness.

After Miller, drop-off in LB corps. After Torrance, drop-off in DB corps. Those two groups are our biggest weaknesses.
Well said.

AR definitely showed real promise in that game. I hope he keeps it up and is here next season. Tennessee probably has a middle of the road SEC defense so that was a good showing. We have some tough defenses to play still though. We all know about GA's defense and A&M's is pretty good also. LSU looks like its defense is pretty solid also but at least A&M and LSU have issues on offense. Not really sure about FSU's defense though I know those DTs are really good.

Reactions: GordonGecko
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT