ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15

A few AR numbers from 2022

• A) Was 12th among 13 qualified SEC quarterbacks in QB rating
  • B) Completed 53.2 percent of passes vs. SEC competition
  • C) Didn’t have consecutive games vs. SEC teams with QB rating of 120.0
  • D) Followed his best 3-game stretch with a loss to Vandy
And if you tell me that Richardson made up for it with the rushing numbers, I’d remind you that as great as he has been at times, 4 of his runs accounted for 231 yards. Like all things Richardson, that element was a bit herky jerky in Year 1 as a starter. He still makes some catastrophic mistakes, and while the mechanics have improved, there’s no denying that there’s plenty of room for improvement to maximize his immense upside. That’ll be the case no matter what Richardson decides is his next step.

If AR leaves for the NFL, will that be a blow to Florida football ?

While Jalen Kitna or possible transfer target Sam Hartman from Wake Forest can be competent, they don’t posses the game breaking ability that Richardson does.

But ask Tim Tebow if game breaking in college translates to the NFL if you don’t have an accurate arm to back it up.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/11/27/florida-football-anthony-richardson-4/

Let's get real - Stetson Bennett would have won more games as QB of this Gator team !

If AR leaves for the NFL, will that be a blow to Florida football ?

While Jalen Kitna or possible transfer target Sam Hartman from Wake Forest can be competent, they don’t posses the game breaking ability that Richardson does.

But ask Tim Tebow if game breaking in college translates to the NFL if you don’t have an accurate arm to back it up.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/11/27/florida-football-anthony-richardson-4/

Let's get real - Stetson Bennett would have won more games as QB of this Gator team !
Game breaking ability means nothing if you dont use it. AR is way too timid on running like he's played scared of getting hurt. He's nowhere the QB that the FSU QB was. If he leaves we will be just fine cause I see nothing lost.

Game breaking ability means nothing if you dont use it. AR is way too timid on running like he's played scared of getting hurt. He's nowhere the QB that the FSU QB was. If he leaves we will be just fine cause I see nothing lost.

Yep AR in reality isn't even an average SEC QB since he doesn't weaponize his running ability much and is a below average passer.

So, bring in yet another xfer QB and watch Kitna and Brown likely hit the portal.... 🙄

You must be another one of those 'bleacher coaches' that I'm hearing about now daze.... 😉

AR finished the season #77 in QB passing efficiency, just behind Quinn Ewers of Texas and Payton Thorne of Michigan State. He ranked #105 in completion percentage, just behind Connor Bazelak of Indiana and Brennan Armstrong of Virginia. His best stat is total offense, where AR ranked #37, just behind E.J Warner of Temple and John Rhys Plumlee of UCF. Of course, he's NFL ready!!! :)

AR finished the season #77 in QB passing efficiency, just behind Quinn Ewers of Texas and Payton Thorne of Michigan State. He ranked #105 in completion percentage, just behind Connor Bazelak of Indiana and Brennan Armstrong of Virginia. His best stat is total offense, where AR ranked #37, just behind E.J Warner of Temple and John Rhys Plumlee of UCF. Of course, he's NFL ready!!! :)

You never know but I doubt he becomes a good one if that is true he had the same throwing issues in high school and playing all those games in college didn't change anything. There has been a few pretty shaky college passers that improved in the NFL but not a whole lot of them I think. I can't think of any 1st round QBs right now that I remember looking as shaky as AR passing in college at times even with thinking about all the 1st round NFL busts. If AR was 2 inches shorter and just a nick slower he would be looked at about the same as Emory Jones by the NFL now I think.

You never know but I doubt he becomes a good one if that is true he had the same throwing issues in high school and playing all those games in college didn't change anything. There has been a few pretty shaky college passers that improved in the NFL but not a whole lot of them I think. I can't think of any 1st round QBs right now that I remember looking as shaky as AR passing in college at times even with thinking about all the 1st round NFL busts. If AR was 2 inches shorter and just a nick slower he would be looked at about the same as Emory Jones by the NFL now I think.
Fever,

Agree !

The Curse of POTENTIAL !

Hope things work out for AR.

Think he could make it as an H-Back or TE ?

Again, he doesn't see the field very well. In the Georgia game guys running open and he didn't throw to them.

Shane Matthews has said from the beginning that AR was too inconsistent to be a winning D1 QB. He coached against him with AR was in high school and has watched him play from his youth. And while Matthews said he likes the kid and wishes him the best, he's never improved on the things that plagued him in high school. He said this repeatedly last year when everyone was calling for AR to replace Emory Jones. Shane said it this year before and during the season. He's not been mean about it - just been giving his honest, professional assessment of AR as a player.

With all due respect to Richardson (who sadgator genuinely enjoyed watching), he clearly (and admittedly) has self-confidence and mental fortitude inconsistencies that plague his game…those issues never improved during his time at Florida…in fact, he may have regressed if we are being objective…

AR frequently acted like he was full of bravado pregame and yet rarely lived up to the self-hype…

Not a good characteristic to be “bringing” to the next level, ISO…he would be well-served to work on that…

With all due respect to Richardson (who sadgator genuinely enjoyed watching), he clearly (and admittedly) has self-confidence and mental fortitude inconsistencies that plague his game…those issues never improved during his time at Florida…in fact, he may have regressed if we are being objective…

AR frequently acted like he was full of bravado pregame and yet rarely lived up to the self-hype…

Not a good characteristic to be “bringing” to the next level, ISO…he would be well-served to work on that…
So often it was as if he was scared to cross the line of scrimmage. Odd.

Reactions: gatordad3

Right after the Utah game, he pretty much packed it in knowing he was just avoiding injuries to save himself for the draft. I'm just relieved he took all that drama with him.

Yeah yeah yeah, a division II QB but I like this kid.

Why Anthony Richardson Made the Right Choice in Declaring for the Draft​

This week, Florida redshirt sophomore quarterback Anthony Richardson declared for the 2023 NFL Draft.
Considering that Richardson only has one season as a starter under his belt questions are undoubtedly warranted.

Anthony Richardson is coming off his first season as a starter, where he accrued 2,549 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions, while adding 654 rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns on the ground, good for the 35th-ranked QBR in the country. The young signal-caller has been through routine ups and downs, mixing high-caliber NFL throws and efficient performances with highly inconsistent outings and struggles at throwing in rhythm. As a prospect, he has all the tools that you want but is still extremely raw.

That being said, he has displayed impressive improvements down the stretch, both from a mechanics and effectiveness as a passer standpoints. This tells me that he’s only scratching the surface as a signal-caller.

In my opinion, Richardson has easily the best raw tools at the position in this draft class, with both the strongest arm and the best overall athleticism. His overall tools are even better in my eyes than Kentucky quarterback Will Levis, who gets praised as a sure-fire 1st rounder for his tools, even though he has been as inconsistent as Richardson in college.

More in Article
https://mikefarrellsports.com/draft...xon-smith-njigba-declaring-for-the-2023-draft

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
He'll jump off the charts at the combine and some QB guru will be convinced that he can fix his field vision and income sister decision making and get a big steal in the draft.

Assuming income sister means something similar to inconsistent, I think you are right. Some GM will grab him, and either look like a genius or his team's fans will use it as reason #1 why they need a new GM

Assuming income sister means something similar to inconsistent, I think you are right. Some GM will grab him, and either look like a genius or his team's fans will use it as reason #1 why they need a new GM

You've been around long enough to know that I drink and that your assumption was right.

Though income sister is funny.

Reactions: SeaPA
I wish him the best and he seems like a stand up and good guy but I will be shocked if he makes it in the NFL

He'll jump off the charts at the combine and some QB guru will be convinced that he can fix his field vision and income sister decision making and get a big steal in the draft.

I am trying to remember a high pick that has looked as shaky as AR in his college time working out alright in the NFL as a starter for some years. Philly's QB was kind of slow and deliberate at times but he showed at Oklahoma he could process the field a little unlike AR so far. About the only good thing AR does passing wise is make some nice long throws here and there. He doesn't have hardly any field awareness though when you watch the film breakdown.

I am trying to remember a high pick that has looked as shaky as AR in his college time working out alright in the NFL as a starter for some years. Philly's QB was kind of slow and deliberate at times but he showed at Oklahoma he could process the field a little unlike AR so far. About the only good thing AR does passing wise is make some nice long throws here and there. He doesn't have hardly any field awareness though when you watch the film breakdown.
I thought Herbert was a pretty shaky draft pick at the time. He was decent in college but drafted more on his athleticism. I'd say the same about Josh Allen. I think Allen completed about 50 percent of his passes in college.

Hurts looked way more natural running (mostly at Bama) and throwing (mostly at OK) than AR. Same with L. Jackson. AR might be a better athlete than all of them, but I agree he looks like he doesn't see the field, running or throwing. I also wonder how much he wants to run. A friend of mine said that if AR runs like Hurts or Jackson in the NFL, then you know he was saving himself in college.

I thought Herbert was a pretty shaky draft pick at the time. He was decent in college but drafted more on his athleticism. I'd say the same about Josh Allen. I think Allen completed about 50 percent of his passes in college.

Hurts looked way more natural running (mostly at Bama) and throwing (mostly at OK) than AR. Same with L. Jackson. AR might be a better athlete than all of them, but I agree he looks like he doesn't see the field, running or throwing. I also wonder how much he wants to run. A friend of mine said that if AR runs like Hurts or Jackson in the NFL, then you know he was saving himself in college.

I think that's definitely possible but man....so many of those plays he didn't even seem to be aware that he should run.

I watched some of Allen when bored some years back late at night and he could actually read the field some unlike AR that is why I laugh when they compare the 2 and act like Allen was as limited as
AR with that. AR might end up alright and learn that a lot better but he has really bad awareness at this point. Yep it was a joke how AR didn't take off here when it was wide open many times this season.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT