ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Nembhard

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
Most on this board were positive Nembhard was not a top level player and had no chance of making it to the NBA. Not so fast, my friends. Not only was he drafted by the Indiana Pacers as the 31st pick in the 2022 draft, but he's a major contributor early on, hitting a buzzer-beater 3 last night to take down the Lakers. He was misused by Mike White and was a major part of Gonzaga's powerhouse teams, being properly used by Mark Few. I've always liked this kid and hope he has a long NBA career. https://www.espn.com/nba/player/bio/_/id/4395712/andrew-nembhard

Last edited:
Most on this board were positive Nembhard was not a top level player and had no chance of making it to the NBA. Not so fast, my friends. Not only was he drafted by the Indiana Pacers as the 31st pick in the 2022 draft, but he's a major contributor early on, hitting a buzzer-beater 3 last night to take down the Lakers. He was misused by Mike White and was a major part of Gonzaga's powerhouse teams, being properly used by Mark Few. I've always like this kid and hope he has a long NBA career. https://www.espn.com/nba/player/bio/_/id/4395712/andrew-nembhard
Mike White had no idea how to use him, mainly because White’s offensive system/philosophy just wasn’t good.

Reactions: gatordad3
He's been banged up a bit, but overall not doing too poorly. Problem for him at Florida is White had no offensive philosophy. I think Nembhard knew he had to go elsewhere if he wanted to play next level.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Yeah I’ve never seen anything like the “offense” we ran with Nembhard. Guy would literally dribble with his back to the basket until the shot clock was below :10 and then go one on one. Then you see Nembhard with zaga and he’s running up and down the court, dropping dimes and popping threes. And he’s started games in the NBA. Just goes to show you that not every coach deserves the presumption of competence.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT