ADVERTISEMENT

And so while our team’s “army” is occupied d!cking around with the Rashada dude…

I think we dodged a disaster with Rashada. Not sure Brown's status, but would like to see him in spring ball competing. QB room a little bare right now.

I think we dodged a disaster with Rashada. Not sure Brown's status, but would like to see him in spring ball competing. QB room a little bare right now.
You'll need to address that to BN.
His demonstrated disinterest and lack of useful coaching has sent Brown to O'Sul's baseball team for the Spring.
(pisses me off!)
😠

Coaching decisions on recruits and transfers seems to have already cost them a QB with much better HS stats than Rashada or any of his other attempted HS recruits had in HS, per Max Preps stats:

Rashada - 2023 HS Sr, 14 Games:
P - 211 of 338, 62.4% for 3,055 Yds, 14.5 Ave, 32 TD's, 13 Ints, QBR 107.3
R - 68 for 419 Yds, 6.2 YPC, 7 TD's, 1 LPF on 68 runs.
Total Off - 406 Plays for 3,461 Yds, 8.52 Yds/Play, 39 TD's to 14 TO's.

Brown - 2022 HS Sr, 14 Games

P - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, ZERO LPF's on 173 runs....
Total Off - 408 Plays for 4,093 Yds, 10.03 Yds/Play, 61 TD's to 4 TO's.

The Facts/Stats talk, while the BS speculates, opinionates, drivelates, snivelates and walks....

When Mertz/Miller are the starters next season, it might be the 1st football season in over 50 years that I just skip, due to frustration and the accelerating disinterest...
Bumped it from the bottom of the previious page....

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
I don’t really blame the kid. I think the lesson to be learned is to be selective about who you go into business with. With the portal and NIL, I don’t know that it makes sense to sign a kid who’s blatantly about finding the highest bidder. He’s always going to be looking for a better deal and it’s an huge pain in the ass. And this isn’t the NFL. I’m not sure it’s worth laying out for a HS qb. Look at the playoffs this year. 3 out of 4 qbs were not top level recruits.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I don’t really blame the kid. I think the lesson to be learned is to be selective about who you go into business with. With the portal and NIL, I don’t know that it makes sense to sign a kid who’s blatantly about finding the highest bidder. He’s always going to be looking for a better deal and it’s an huge pain in the ass. And this isn’t the NFL. I’m not sure it’s worth laying out for a HS qb. Look at the playoffs this year. 3 out of 4 qbs were not top level recruits.

3 of the 4 were. 2 really high ranked and TCU's was a top 300 composite player ranked blue chipper but Georgia showed if good enough you don't need the future good NFL guy at QB.

I don’t really blame the kid.
sadgator blames the kid…and his dad…and his mom…and Napier…and the drunk guy…and Miami…and Bri Wade…and Stricklin…and the NCAA…and the Florida Legislature…and the California Legislature…

…oh and Trump…yeah Trump too…

Do we know that Rashada upped the ante after the original NIL deal was made, or did the Gator Collective withdraw the offer after either not being able to come up with the money promised or changing their minds about how much to give him? I've only seen speculation and blame casting either at the kid or the Boosters without any evidence as to exactly what happened.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Do we know that Rashada upped the ante after the original NIL deal was made, or did the Gator Collective withdraw the offer after either not being able to come up with the money promised or changing their minds about how much to give him? I've only seen speculation and blame casting either at the kid or the Boosters without any evidence as to exactly what happened.
Guilt can be placed all around. Kid, UF NIL & middlemen that were involved.

The story in the public makes absolutely no logical sense at all.

If the “collective” sent Rashada correspondence on Dec 7 indicating that they could not meet the terms of what was promised (as is being reported), why in the world would the kid actually sign a letter of intent with UF on the first day of the early signing period weeks later?…

The story in the public makes absolutely no logical sense at all.

If the “collective” sent Rashada correspondence on Dec 7 indicating that they could not meet the terms of what was promised (as is being reported), why in the world would the kid actually sign a letter of intent with UF on the first day of the early signing period weeks later?…

I think his NIL people thought they could use this to get other teams to overpay for him eventually or thought the media pressure might push our boosters to have a better deal at the end than what they were truly willing to pay. They probably also think this will help get better deals in the future for clients by pushing that joke 13 mllion figure in the media that the drunk collective
guy might have proposed he could get him at one time.

Speculation from what I have seen out there is our drunk collective guy might have made some proposal (not a legally enforceable contract) that he could get Rashada a huge deal (he is on tape drunk laughing that he will get Ruiz to pay 15 million dollars for a 3 star) without getting backing from the money people first. After getting the letter on Dec 7th saying that crazy proposal isn't going to happen it sounds like it was Rashada's father and NIL people trying to get the biggest deal they could but evidently the figure wasn't enough for them to want to take it. There are also rumors out there that collective guy paid some penalty amount for Rashada to back out of a Ruiz deal but another rumor is not being willing to pay that for Rashada was one of the reasons our boosters never came to a deal with Rashada at the end.

Well we know he flipped to us after we upped the ante to an apparently absurd degree.

3 of the 4 were. 2 really high ranked and TCU's was a top 300 composite player ranked blue chipper but Georgia showed if good enough you don't need the future good NFL guy at QB.
Yeah but Duggan and McCarthy aren’t the kind of guys you’re giving $13 mill to is my point. You can get by with a solid/not spectacular qb in ncaa if the rest of your roster is solid.

Yeah but Duggan and McCarthy aren’t the kind of guys you’re giving $13 mill to is my point. You can get by with a solid/not spectacular qb in ncaa if the rest of your roster is solid.

If the roster is good enough but a good QB in college seems to be able to raise a team up even more than in the pros which the QB makes a real big difference. Though Bama lost 2 this season with a good one because the rest of the team dropped down some. During the regular season that TCU QB just seemed to always make a play when it was needed to win all those games.

Reactions: sadgator
If the roster is good enough but a good QB in college seems to be able to raise a team up even more than in the pros which the QB makes a real big difference. Though Bama lost 2 this season with a good one because the rest of the team dropped down some. During the regular season that TCU QB just seemed to always make a play when it was needed to win all those games.
I agree. But Duggan was a good, but not great, recruit.

Again the number was nowhere near $13M. And no UF isn’t going to get into any trouble from the NCAA or anything like that. There were lawyers/agents involved in this thing and the possible hurdle/obstacle of the Miami NIL deal with Ruiz/Lifewallet.
I’ll say it again this wasn’t just a UF collective mistake. Lots more players and obstacles than that. With that being said there should be some changes coming real soon as well with the GC.

Again the number was nowhere near $13M. And no UF isn’t going to get into any trouble from the NCAA or anything like that. There were lawyers/agents involved in this thing and the possible hurdle/obstacle of the Miami NIL deal with Ruiz/Lifewallet.
I’ll say it again this wasn’t just a UF collective mistake. Lots more players and obstacles than that. With that being said there should be some changes coming real soon as well with the GC.
Too many arms trying to raise money and be involved in recruiting. UAA, coaching staff, Gator Boosters, Gator Collective, Gator Guard, Alumni Assn. It seems like other big schools are more organized in the way they are handling their NIL situations, while Florida hasn't figured it out yet.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
SNAFU - CLUSTER - FUBAR,,,, TYPICAL, and everything is as it should be....

Rashada - 2023 HS Sr, 14 Games:
P - 211 of 338, 62.4% for 3,055 Yds, 14.5 Ave, 32 TD's, 13 Ints, QBR 107.3
R - 68 for 419 Yds, 6.2 YPC, 7 TD's, 1 LPF on 68 runs.
Total Off - 406 Plays for 3,461 Yds, 8.52 Yds/Play, 39 TD's to 14 TO's.

Brown - 2022 HS Sr, 14 Games

P - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, ZERO LPF's on 173 runs....
Total Off - 408 Plays for 4,093 Yds, 10.03 Yds/Play, 61 TD's to 4 TO's.

• Love
Reactions: nail1988
Here's an interesting take from somebody supposedly in the know:

Possible but the only way I see our boosters offering that much money is if a lot of it was incentive dependent. I doubt they would even offer a top QB a guaranteed 1.5 million+ a year that hasn't even played yet. As far as Ruiz and 6 million not sure if that isn't high also as he agreed on twitter with a guy saying 13 million wasn't even in the area at all of what Rashadas NIL value would be.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Don't know about that. I just can't wish bad things for a 17 or 18 year old kid.
lol I can.

Nah - really don't care about him since he's not coming here. I do agree with some of the above - I can't believe he's just a bad kid, or the collective just eff'd it up. In these situations, it's generally a lot of factors and a TON of outside influences - handlers, attornies, etc. These deals blow up while folks fight over the details.

Don't know about that. I just can't wish bad things for a 17 or 18 year old kid.
sadgator sincerely hopes that Rashada has a very happy and fulfilled life…gets plenty of hot chicks…has many close and dear friends…and gets a spectacular job in the finance or tech industry…

He just hopes that Rashada throws lots and lots and lots of interceptions…and that whatever team he is on gets to play in the mayo bowl (at best)…

Last edited:
sadgator sincerely hopes that Rashada has a very happy and fulfilled life…gets plenty of hot chicks…has many close and dear friends…and gets a spectacular job in the finance or tech industry…

He just hopes that Rashada throws lots and lots and lots of interceptions…and that whatever team he is on gets to play in the mayo bowl (at best)…
Amen

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT