ADVERTISEMENT

And so while our team’s “army” is occupied d!cking around with the Rashada dude…

lost-loser.gif

I've read on a couple of other posts that some of our big money boosters don't like the NIL stuff and have been reluctant to throw their support ($$$) behind making deals. I guess they're happy watching our program die, as other schools and their alumni have gone all in.

I've read on a couple of other posts that some of our big money boosters don't like the NIL stuff and have been reluctant to throw their support ($$$) behind making deals. I guess they're happy watching our program die, as other schools and their alumni have gone all in.
I don’t blame them. They don’t want to dump even more money into what appears to be a crapshoot.

Reactions: instaGATOR

If that's what they want, then we will be the old UT being 4th in the East more often than not.

My dad told me for many years don't rent an apartment, because it's throwing money down the drain. I was hard-headed and still lived in apartments for about 8 years before I wised up and looked into buying a house.

Right now, by not taking the NIL seriously, the boosters are essentially paying rent for an apartment. They are throwing money away for nothing if they don't go all in.

They need to get more active in the portal with getting good talent if they are reluctant to pay these high school kids as much as other SEC teams are.

Reactions: Gator21480
Maybe one day some common sense will creep into this thing...it has gone from players should get payed for their name and likeness being used to high school kids should get several million for being good in high school....

Reactions: sadgator
I don’t blame them. They don’t want to dump even more money into what appears to be a crapshoot.
Theo,

As Paco has pointed out numerous times - only 1 Team can win the Nattie.

Moral victories - I don't think coming close counts - especially if its your checkbook that's hemorrhaging.

A couple more incidents like McClain & Rashada & hopefully NIL will self destruct.

I agree Brad. Somebody in the “army “ absolutely dropped the ball on this. Saving the recruit might not have happened anyway but the PR damage control could have been a lot better.

I think the Army's hands were tied on the Rashada situation as they technically aren't supposed to have anything to do with NIL negotiations with a high school recruit I think.

I doubt with our UAA Napier's army does much more than connect high school recruits with the NIL people and Napier lets the NIL people know how important the recruit is to him. This isn't Bama and Georgia where the coach just picks up the phone and tells people to make it happen. Its one of the reasons our NIL isn't keeping up unless its a fake offer by some drunk guy running the cash poor collective.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I doubt with our UAA Napier's army does much more than connect high school recruits with the NIL people and Napier lets the NIL people know how important the recruit is to him. This isn't Bama and Georgia where the coach just picks up the phone and tells people to make it happen. Its one of the reasons our NIL isn't keeping up unless its a fake offer by some drunk guy running the cash poor collective.
You don’t think that the head coach of a D1 football team or his recruiting staff know exactly how much money is being offered to a high star recruit they are courting?!?!?!? Or that they themselves aren’t promoting that number to said recruit?!?!?!?

giphy.gif

You don’t think that the head coach of a D1 football team or his recruiting staff know exactly how much money is being offered to a high star recruit they are courting?!?!?!? Or that they themselves aren’t promoting that number to said recruit?!?!?!?

giphy.gif
Correct

I doubt Napier knew that drunk Collective guy was making crazy proposals to Rashada. Of course he knew Rashada wanted big NIL but I doubt he ever had any real discussions on it once the ball was rolling. Unfortunately we aren't Bama and them.

I doubt Napier knew that drunk Collective guy was making crazy proposals to Rashada. Of course he knew Rashada wanted big NIL but I doubt he ever had any real discussions on it once the ball was rolling. Unfortunately we aren't Bama and them.
Napier: [to Rashada]: “Look I can’t tell you anything about any compensation package you would get for coming to our school. In fact, even though I’m the head coach, they won’t let me ask anything about it. But what I CAN tell you is that every Friday we do make your own wood-fire pizzas at the Heavener Center that are the best you’ll ever taste. They will blow those empanadas that Miami is offering out of the water…right?…Go Gators!”

Last edited:
Fever, if you genuinely believe that Napier had no idea what the NIL proposal for Rashada was, sadgator will (no sh!t) write a letter of recommendation on your behalf for you to take a position on the NCAA’s infractions investigation committee…

The pay likely sucks…but there aren’t hardly any policies or procedures you have to follow…and Heaven knows, there are absolutely no deadlines at all…

Fever, if you genuinely believe that Napier had no idea what the NIL proposal for Rashada was, sadgator will (no sh!t) write a letter of recommendation on your behalf for you to take a position on the NCAA’s infractions investigation committee…

The pay likely sucks…but there aren’t hardly any policies or procedures you have to follow…and Heaven knows, there are absolutely no deadlines at all…

Knowing the proposal or not, if we did offer him a deal and then couldn't come through on it, I'm not sure how that falls on the staff.

The staff, the school, can not offer a deal....that's why this whole thing is a convoluted mess.

Private individuals get to make a promise and if they don't back it up....well....

Knowing the proposal or not, if we did offer him a deal and then couldn't come through on it, I'm not sure how that falls on the staff.

The staff, the school, can not offer a deal....that's why this whole thing is a convoluted mess.

Private individuals get to make a promise and if they don't back it up....well....
In short…it’s a sh!tshow.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Napier: [to Rashada] “Look, we’ve got this rule that says no floats in the Heavener Center lounge pool, but if you’re prepared to commit to Florida today, I think I can make an exception to allow for one of those unicorn floaty things if you like, right?…”

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz

First of all, it is beyond the bounds of reasonableness and responsibility to assume that a head coach of a Power 5 D1 program does not have any knowledge of what amount of money or incentives are being specifically offered to the purported crown jewel of his recruiting class to get that player to come to his school.

Second, even absurdly assuming that the coach or his “army” staff (which has control of every other aspect of the program) didn’t somehow have knowledge of the benefits being offered, why in the hell are they themselves connecting these kids to “drunk” or irresponsible boosters who cannot deliver on deals they are making?!?!?

Cover your head in the sand as deep as you like, but if you can’t see that this one falls squarely on the shoulders of the entire Florida staff, sadgator doesn’t know what else to tell you.

Reactions: EvilWayz

I am saying with our UAA and state law saying the University isn't to be involved in NIL deals Napier wouldn't be talking to the kid or his dad about any specific NIL deal details. Napier did probably have a good laugh like the rest of us if that powerless collective guy made some joke proposal to the kid on his own though without the money people backing it.

First of all, it is beyond the bounds of reasonableness and responsibility to assume that a head coach of a Power 5 D1 program does not have any knowledge of what amount of money or incentives are being specifically offered to the purported crown jewel of his recruiting class to get that player to come to his school.

Second, even absurdly assuming that the coach or his “army” staff (which has control of every other aspect of the program) didn’t somehow have knowledge of the benefits being offered, why in the hell are they themselves connecting these kids to “drunk” or irresponsible boosters who cannot deliver on deals they are making?!?!?

Cover your head in the sand as deep as you like, but if you can’t see that this one falls squarely on the shoulders of the entire Florida staff, sadgator doesn’t know what else to tell you.
Doesn't CBN have an assistant that deals with NIL?I may be wrong tho.

Napier did probably have a good laugh like the rest of us…
With all due respect, sadgator doesn’t think Napier is laughing at Florida’s Collective not being able to deliver on its promises (whether you acknowledge that he knew about the specific details or not). If you were a stand-out recruit right now, would you trust anything anybody affiliated with Florida tells you about NIL or commit to Florida with any expectation of delivery of promises? “Ha. Ha. Ha.”

Last edited:
With all due respect, sadgator doesn’t think Napier is laughing at Florida’s Collective not being able to deliver on its promises (whether you acknowledge that he knew about the specific details or not). If you were a stand-out recruit right now, would you trust anything anybody affiliated with Florida tells you about NIL or commit to Florida with any expectation of delivery of promises? “Ha. Ha. Ha.”

Just disagree. IMO they just have to make sure it's an actual legal offer which some drunk idiot making some obviously joke proposal is not. What we are offering compared to other schools will determine our fate in recruiting just like it does now which prevents us from getting most of the very highest rated FL recruits.

In the iG's OHO -- The NIL was supposed to be a way for any athlete to make some money AFTER they had accomplished their own notoriety by their sports performance, by selling their jerseys kind of money, or by doing car commercials etc. -- It was never meant to be abused by a local car dealership paying a HS recruit to come to a certain school, using the NIL as an excuse for a 'pay for signing' deal with the recruit, before they had even stepped on the field or court at UF....
=====

What Adelson and Finebaum did suggest is that the (Rashada) situation is less than ideal for Florida entering Billy Napier's second season as the program's head coach — from multiple angles.
It removes hope in the form of a quarterback of the future after a first year on the job in which Napier was, as Finebaum put it, "struggling in the NIL place as well as recruiting, and just a miserable season." He went on to call Rashada's signing "one of the few positives to take out of the '22 campaign." -----
iG - Oops, or Duh as it were.....

"Obviously it hurts, Paul. There's no question about that," Adelson said. "This story has been following Billy Napier since the summer, because back then when Jaden Rashada committed to Miami, all of these Gator fans started questioning 'Oh, we thought we were getting this top-notch recruiter in Billy Napier and now he can't bring in this top quarterback recruit, what is happening here?' --- (Miller & Mertz) 🙄

For the rest of the story, use the below link...

It would help if Napier or Stricklin would hold a press conference and clear the air by telling exactly what happened in the Rashada mess. Be honest and open and simply state the facts. The truth shall set you free, right?

Don't see that happening except saying they granted his release. I do hope that bill to change the law on NIL in FL to allow the University to be involved some with it passes this year though.

It would help if Napier or Stricklin would hold a press conference and clear the air by telling exactly what happened in the Rashada mess. Be honest and open and simply state the facts. The truth shall set you free, right?
I thought this as well, but I think they need to be careful about the compliance part of it.

Coaching decisions on recruits and transfers seems to have already cost them a QB with much better HS stats than Rashada or any of his other attempted HS recruits had in HS, per Max Preps stats:

Rashada - 2023 HS Sr, 14 Games:
P - 211 of 338, 62.4% for 3,055 Yds, 14.5 Ave, 32 TD's, 13 Ints, QBR 107.3
R - 68 for 419 Yds, 6.2 YPC, 7 TD's, 1 LPF on 68 runs.
Total Off - 406 Plays for 3,461 Yds, 8.52 Yds/Play, 39 TD's to 14 TO's.

Brown - 2022 HS Sr, 14 Games

P - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, ZERO LPF's on 173 runs....
Total Off - 408 Plays for 4,093 Yds, 10.03 Yds/Play, 61 TD's to 4 TO's.

The Facts/Stats talk, while the BS speculates, opinionates, drivelates, snivelates and walks....

When Mertz/Miller are the starters next season, it might be the 1st football season in over 50 years that I just skip, due to frustration and the accelerating disinterest...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT