ADVERTISEMENT

And so the battle begins

Dannygator1989

Bull Gator
Feb 28, 2005
Butch Jones out at Tennessee.

Now there’s two schools in the SEC officially looking.

Before it’s all said and done, I’d expect a few more.

Sumlin
Luke
Beilema
Odom

Maybe Mullen if he decides to leave.

What is Tennessee’s record since firing Fulmer?

58-53

Go Vols!!

I’m a big fan of alternate histories.

I’ll always wonder what would have happened if Kiffin hadn’t bolted after one year.

Little did he know that his dream job at USC was going to turn out like it did and more importantly, that 2009 was the last year Florida would be a real power.

In 2010, both Florida and Bama were mediocre teams. He very well could have won the division.

South Carolina won it and only had 9 wins.

If he would have staid, UT might be a very different program.

Nationwide....add Nebraska and possibly UCLA Kansas State,

None of those are official yet but I think Nebraska and UCLA are likely.

Gotta think after this year Bill Snyder will retire again. He’s pushing 80 years old.

Sumlin
Luke
Beilema
Odom

Yep all those except Odom will be fired I would think. Trying to think where Mullen could end up if he decides to leave. I highly doubt he ends up here and I think Tennessee and A&M will end up hiring someone else. I think Mullen may be stuck at Miss State another season at least if he is only going to move to a place where the recruiting would be a lot easier.

He wouldn't touch that job.

I know anything is possible... especially when millions are involved but I just don't see him going there.

Arkansas, yes. His wife is from there.

Only way Gruden leaves that cushy 6 million dollar a year job with ESPN is if the continued boycott by fans over the ingrate multimillionaires dishonoring this Nation forces them to pare back Monday Night Football.

They have already fired 400 employees since that particular Q/B started this display of hate based on lies. Insiders have said 100 more will get the ax at the end of this month.

Overall NFL viewership in the 18-34 & 34-55 brackets are down significantly over 2015. Stadiums are one fourth to half empty in some cases. Mostly empty in L.A.

Advertisers are leaving and the networks are nervous.

Sumlin
Luke
Beilema
Odom

Would be surprised if Arky and Ole Miss dont enter the fray. Would be surpised if Mizzou does. Dont know what to expect at aTm.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Only way Gruden leaves that cushy 6 million dollar a year job with ESPN is if the continued boycott by fans over the ingrate multimillionaires dishonoring this Nation forces them to pare back Monday Night Football.

They have already fired 400 employees since that particular Q/B started this display of hate based on lies. Insiders have said 100 more will get the ax at the end of this month.

Overall NFL viewership in the 18-34 & 34-55 brackets are down significantly over 2015. Stadiums are one fourth to half empty in some cases. Mostly empty in L.A.

Advertisers are leaving and the networks are nervous.

The fact that you think the problems at ESPN have anything to do with Colin Kaepernick show just how far apart you and reality live from each other.

The fact that you think the problems at ESPN have anything to do with Colin Kaepernick show just how far apart you and reality live from each other.

Some people I know are definitely tuning out because of that mess he started and ESPN trying to push politics all the time. I just watch college football games on ESPN now and occasionally the SEC Channel since they generally keep most of the politics out of it when doing their post game shows.

Some people I know are definitely tuning out because of that mess he started and ESPN trying to push politics all the time. I just watch college football games on ESPN now and occasionally the SEC Channel since they generally keep most of the politics out of it when doing their post game shows.

The trend of people cutting the cord, plus Disney agreeing to reduce the household requirement for number of total subscribers, has reduced revenue at ESPN tremendously. Trust me, the blip from Kaepernick is maybe 1/2 of 1% of their problems.

The trend of people cutting the cord, plus Disney agreeing to reduce the household requirement for number of total subscribers, has reduced revenue at ESPN tremendously. Trust me, the blip from Kaepernick is maybe 1/2 of 1% of their problems.

They have an issue on a couple of fronts. Its mostly an NFL issue however with more empty seats every week this mess goes on. I do get a laugh seeing all the empty seats and them trying to spin with Miami Hurricanes like fake attendance news.

Good, of all the possibilities mentioned, he is probably my least favorite
Curious as to why? Think he is riding the Fuente wave? Many of the playmakers are his own recruits. WR Anthony Miller was not utilised correctly under Fuente plus was a walkon that wanted to be at Memphis regardless of who was the coach. The better of the Fuente leftovers are injured, Sam Craft, Jackson Dillion, Doroland Dorcues, and others.

Dude has done wonders with a QB UT wasted and let go.

Curious as to why? Think he is riding the Fuente wave? Many of the playmakers are his own recruits. WR Anthony Miller was not utilised correctly under Fuente plus was a walkon that wanted to be at Memphis regardless of who was the coach. The better of the Fuente leftovers are injured, Sam Craft, Jackson Dillion, Doroland Dorcues, and others.

His resume is a little light for my taste, given that this hire cannot be a roll of the dice. He’s moved the ball everywhere so far, though.

kryptonite2.jpg

His resume is a little light for my taste, given that this hire cannot be a roll of the dice. He’s moved the ball everywhere so far, though.
His resume as a HC is about on par as Scott Frost save the H2H matchup. But if that's a factor he won the H2H matchup last year vs the hot darling of 2016 that Texas hired. I'll give that Frost took over an 0-12 team just two years ago while Norvell took over after Fuente. But dude still has done wonders... Fuente couldn't handle Houston and Navy while Norvell could.

The only one that ran Ferguson off was Ferguson.

Had he not broken his leg as a T/F, he would have been the one taking the field when Worley and Peterman went down, not Dobbs.

Ferguson had a good following spring and expected to be named the starter or at least # 2 since Worley was a senior with 2 years playing time when fall practice started. Because of a bad attitude and lack of work ethic, he was demoted to 4th string and he quit.

Had he stayed, nobody would have ever heard of Dobbs except as a baseball player. He was heading to Arizona State to play baseball and football when Lyle offered him at the last moment.

Dobbs wanted to be an Aero-Space Engineer and UT has one of the nation's best in that department. So he flipped.

The only one that ran Ferguson off was Ferguson.

Had he not broken his leg as a T/F, he would have been the one taking the field when Worley and Peterman went down, not Dobbs.

Ferguson had a good following spring and expected to be named the starter or at least # 2 since Worley was a senior with 2 years playing time when fall practice started. Because of a bad attitude and lack of work ethic, he was demoted to 4th string and he quit.

Had he stayed, nobody would have ever heard of Dobbs except as a baseball player. He was heading to Arizona State to play baseball and football when Lyle offered him at the last moment.

Dobbs wanted to be an Aero-Space Engineer and UT has one of the nation's best in that department. So he flipped.
Word on the skreets is Butch wanted him to transfer in favor for Dobbs.

Regardless it worked out for Ferguson...Dobbs...but not Butchy.

One is in the NFL, one is highly likely to be in the NFL...the other will be lucky to be SEMO assistant coach.

BTW, @MDVOL

What the true candidates for the UT/HC position?

I mean behind Bill Cower, Jon Gruden, John Madden, Pat Sumerill and such :D?

Y'all going hard after Norvell?

Word was he has never mentioned UT. Possibly Arkansas. Besides his wife being a Fort Smith native and them owning a lake home in the Zarks I just don't see him choosing Arkansas. Their roster will need a total overhaul to fit his type of players. UT and much other openings are more ready made for him compared to the Razorbacks. I know money talks and puts all rumors to rest so who knows.

Who is on UT's current list besides some NFL announcers?

Reactions: ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT