ADVERTISEMENT

And so sadgator just watched the Florida/Vandy “targeting” fight sequence...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Targeting is the worst rule in the history of any modern American sport...ever....

It is absolutely shameful in its application.

We might as well just hand our women over to the Taliban...we are total pussies for allowing the targeting rule to exist and to be applied in the way that it is...

The NCAA official who came up with this rule should be exiled from our country forever...sadgator is serious...

I understand why it’s in place...and you don’t want kids to get hurt. I remember a few of Bowdens teams going for kids knees and using their helmets to try and hurt kids...

But agree sometimes it’s gone far.
Actually I figure every ref wants to say they’ve called a few, so it’s on record that they’re doing a good job of preventing such things.

Another asinine rule is when a bench gets an unsportsmanlike conduct call, each and every player receive it. Joseph wasn't even involved in the bigger altercation and he gets tossed. What happens if there is another altercation and the benches get flagged again? Is the game over? Do the TV guys just pack up and go home?

Another asinine rule is when a bench gets an unsportsmanlike conduct call, each and every player receive it. Joseph wasn't even involved in the bigger altercation and he gets tossed. What happens if there is another altercation and the benches get flagged again? Is the game over? Do the TV guys just pack up and go home?

This almost happened last year. I can’t remember which game it was, but the announcers were saying “ the refs better be careful here...” I want to say it was like a State rivalry game like Oregon-Oregon St or Iowa-Iowa State. The game stopped for a minute because I guess conference officials were probably calling the games officiating coordinator saying “don’t call that again!”

Spearing should be illegal, where you lower your head and launch at a guy. But most of the helmet to helmet issues not intentional and happen in a split second where the helmets make contact. But now they're calling it on almost any contact of any kind to the neck or head. And the inconsistent way it's applied from crew to crew and game to game is ridiculous. And we aren't seeing the number of injuries going down, which was the supposed purpose of the rule.The rule was an overreaction to the PC crowd that wants to abolish football. Kids aren't even allowed to play dodgeball or Red Rover on the school grounds anymore. We're becoming a nation of skirted wimps.

Targeting is the worst rule in the history of any modern American sport...ever....

It is absolutely shameful in its application.

We might as well just hand our women over to the Taliban...we are total pussies for allowing the targeting rule to exist and to be applied in the way that it is...

The NCAA official who came up with this rule should be exiled from our country forever...sadgator is serious...

The initial intent of the rule is good.... However, its being applied in the most pussiest way possible.... If u breathe on someone its "forcible contact"...gtfo of here

Instead of “targeting,” announcers should just start referring to it as a “pussy flag.” That would probably stop it...

Imagine gary danielson " what a hit by mason, ohhhh he did somethi g badd...here comes the pussy flag"

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT