ADVERTISEMENT

All Time Gator Basketball Team

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
I know we could just take the '04's and be done with it, but who would you put on your all-time team? Starting 5, plus 5 off the bench. I'll start:

Center - Neal Walk
Power Forward - Ronnie Williams
Small Forward - Al Horford
Shooting Guard - Kenny Boynton
Point Guard - Andrew Moten

Reserves - Chandler Parsons, Vernon Maxwell, Joakim Noah, Mike Miller, Eddie Shannon

Left Off, but close - Dwayne Schintzius, Chris Chiozza, David Lee, Lee Humphrey, Corey Brewer, Udonis Haslem, Matt Bonner, Scottie Wilbekin, Andrew DeClercq,

No. Center. Noah played the 4 and Brewer played the 3.
Since I started this thread just for fun I picked the starting 5 I wanted and couldn't leave any of the 3 big men I chose off the team. Noah & Horford were pretty interchangeable, although the UF media guide does list Horford as C and Noah as F. On the 06-07 team Chris Richard & Mareese Speights came off the bench to relieve them and on the 05-06 team, Richard & Adrian Moss were the back-up big men. Quality talent those years at the 4 & 5 positions. And then Walter Hodge to back up Taurean Green.

Last edited:
That’s what I thought. He doesn’t even make sense as a 3.

Lee Humphrey though...man...he was like our own Steph Curry before there was aSteph Curry.
Then come up with your own team, big guy. This is just for fun and I picked the starting 5 I would want.

I don't know about a starting 5, but there was a lot of guys I loved watching from the earlier Billy Days.

I'd have Roberson as my 1, Justin Hamilton as another guard, Brett Nelson was awesome to rotate. Donnell Harvey, Udonis Haslem. Mike Miller, David Lee, Matt Walsh. James White

there's been so many to pick from back in the day, too many to just pick five after watching that long.

Then come up with your own team, big guy. This is just for fun and I picked the starting 5 I would want.

I just assumed you would put people at positions they played.

That’s why I asked. I disnt remember him ever playing the 3.

I just assumed you would put people at positions they played.

That’s why I asked. I disnt remember him ever playing the 3.
He didn't. When you look back at the UF basketball program, we've had a lot of really good players come through. Not Kentucky, but certainly better than any other SEC team, IMO.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Wanting those 2 guys on your team shows you know more about Gator BB than you want to take credit for.

Well I know there are three positions basically, two forwards, two guards and a center. But I don't know which guard is the 1 or 2, and i don't know which forward is the 3 or 4.

Well I know there are three positions basically, two forwards, two guards and a center. But I don't know which guard is the 1 or 2, and i don't know which forward is the 3 or 4.
On this year's team, Chiozza is the 1, Allen is the 2, Hudson is the 3 and Egor is the 4. We really don't have a 4, as they are usually a big power forward, but Egor plays the other team's 4 on defense and generally handles that position.

C - Horford
PF - Noah
SF - Brewer
SG - Beal
PG - White Chocolate

Reserves - Mike Miller, Vernon Maxwell, Udonis Haslem, Nick Calathes, Neal Walk, Dwayne Schintzius, David Lee, Taurean Green

C - Horford
PF - Noah
SF - Brewer
SG - Beal
PG - White Chocolate

Reserves - Mike Miller, Vernon Maxwell, Udonis Haslem, Nick Calathes, Neal Walk, Dwayne Schintzius, David Lee, Taurean Green
C Haslem
PF Noah
SF Brewer
SG Beal
PG Justin Hamilton

Reserves Calathes, Lee, Parsons, Walk, White Chocolate, Horford, Dupay, Nelson, Miller, Bonner, Green, Maxwell, Walker, Cheese, Prather, Roberson, Boynton, Walsh ,DeWayne Mullet, Speights, and many more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT