ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Doering's take on the Gators & their Fans

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR

Chris Doering's take of Florida Gators & their fans​

“I don’t think people understood the disarray the program was in. The lack of elite SEC talent on that roster. I hope Florida fans understand where they are right now and how difficult the schedule is. I think if they go 8-4 with the schedule they have to face, that should be viewed as a successful season.”

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...ing-has-critical-take-of-florida-gators-fans/

I think 8-4 would be viewed as alright but kind of a little letdown with the Richardson expectations. Only 2 teams will have more recruited talent than us for sure and on paper this year looks to have better potential than 2023 possibly.

I think 8-4 would be viewed as alright but kind of a little letdown with the Richardson expectations. Only 2 teams will have more recruited talent than us for sure and on paper this year looks to have better potential than 2023 possibly.
Fever,

Using my heart & my Orange & Blue glasses, I see your point & hope you are right !

Using my head & the thoughts of Chris Doerning & others, I'm not so sure. Negative thoughts drift through my head -

"...Only 2 teams (TAMU & UGA ?) will have more recruited talent than us for sure."

I see nothing that proves that statement. You can be like Insta & post all the meaningless statistics you want about how our recruiting classes were rated.

If recruiting rankings are a guarantee of success, then why did we lose 7 games ? - including UCF ?

Our recruiting rankings were better so why were we were 2-6 in the SEC; why did KY, LSU, & SCar beat us last year ?

I don't see anything that PROVES we have more talent than any of these teams (Utah, KY, LSU, SCar or Tenn).

Do we have a capable OL for the 1st time in years ? Do we have the necessary RBs ?

Richardson has physical ability - if he stays healthy, but is he mature enough to grasp the mental aspects of playing QB ? Can he manage a game successfully start to finish. He has yet to prove that to me. If he goes down, we are screwed !

Grantham is finally gone & hopefully no more thrown shoes & players line up correctly, etc, but do we have a 2nd PROVEN DT ? If so, what's his name ?
Since two people can't play every snap, do we have any depth ? Many question marks we don't know the answer to.

Obviously pre-season rankings / ratings don't mean much. But we have an even chance of losing 3 of our 1st 4 games - Utah, KY, & Tenn.

Realize this is the talking season & hoping for the best at this time of year costs nothing - BUT

I have been attending games in the Swamp since the mid-sixties; I have memorized our famous battle cry of "wait till next year !" (I'm from Jax); getting fired up in pre-season & than crashing & burning is painful. Napier has never coached an SEC game; much less won one.

Maybe we should hold off on all these great prediction until we play our 1st four games.

Last edited:
Florida’s gonna beat Utah…

remember you heard it definitively from sadgator first…

not sure what that means for the rest of the season…if anything…but Florida is not losing its home opener….
Sad,

I have great experience with eating crow (unfortunately); I will not hide to save my ego; & I hope you are right !

I have saved your post (#204) & one of us will get to specify the brand of Hot Sauce he wants on his crow !

Last edited:
Fever,

Using my heart & my Orange & Blue glasses, I see your point & hope you are right !

Using my head & the thoughts of Chris Doerning & others, I'm not so sure. Negative thoughts drift through my head -

"...Only 2 teams (TAMU & UGA ?) will have more recruited talent than us for sure."

I see nothing that proves that statement. You can be like Insta & post all the meaningless statistics you want about how our recruiting classes were rated.

If recruiting rankings are a guarantee of success, then why did we lose 7 games ? - including UCF ?

Our recruiting rankings were better so why were we were 2-6 in the SEC; why did KY, LSU, & SCar beat us last year ?

I don't see anything that PROVES we have more talent than any of these teams (Utah, KY, LSU, SCar or Tenn).

Do we have a capable OL for the 1st time in years ? Do we have the necessary RBs ?

Richardson has physical ability - if he stays healthy, but is he mature enough to grasp the mental aspects of playing QB ? Can he manage a game successfully start to finish. He has yet to prove that to me. If he goes down, we are screwed !

Grantham is finally gone & hopefully no more thrown shoes & players line up correctly, etc, but do we have a 2nd PROVEN DT ? If so, what's his name ?
Since two people can't play every snap, do we have any depth ? Many question marks we don't know the answer to.

Obviously pre-season rankings / ratings don't mean much. But we have an even chance of losing 3 of our 1st 4 games - Utah, KY, & Tenn.

Realize this is the talking season & hoping for the best at this time of year costs nothing - BUT

I have been attending games in the Swamp since the mid-sixties; I have memorized our famous battle cry of "wait till next year !" (I'm from Jax); getting fired up in pre-season & than crashing & burning is painful. Napier has never coached an SEC game; much less won one.

Maybe we should hold off on all these great prediction until we play our 1st four games.

To be honest it would be very disappointing to lose any game in the Swamp this season. Tenn on the road might be a little more understandable. We need to get out of the gate at least 3-1 in those early games.

Florida’s gonna beat Utah…

remember you heard it definitively from sadgator first…

not sure what that means for the rest of the season…if anything…but Florida is not losing its home opener….
Sorry sadly incorrect.... 🙄

The iG was way ahead of you dude, as usual.
And I spiked that claim with UF being 7-0 entering the WLOCP...
😜

I was trying to build an argument, and must say I was shocked to discover we had the 15th ranked offense last year, even after firing Dan and having stumblebums coach us the last couple of games. Honest to God, if Dan could recruit (and wasn't such an oddball) he could be one of the all-time great coaches.

So ok, I agree, we lost significant production. The offense will almost certainly take a step back. Still, if we even try a little bit on defense this year I think we will be better.
We were in the top 5 in rushing Nationwide until Dan and the team quit. what was criminal, was the defense the past 2 years.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Those clueless Ute-tuties are coming into the SWAMP feeling like they're all kinds of Pac-12-C hot stuff, but then they are going to leave the Ville feeling like the Natl. Media-Moron commentators had fed them a sack of sand-bagged puke.....

I'm banking on a late dinner of roasted Ute Turkey, with the old crow dregs going to the mamby-pamby doubters....
😉

Reactions: Gator Fever
Tennessee,

Being from Jax, I would love it - BUT - don't bet your house on it !

Anyone betting anything of importance on a football game deserves whatever happens to them and their wallet.

I'll occasionally bet a prime bottle of beer with a friendly rival fan, but that's about it, and through the years I'd had more bought for me than I've had to dish out....

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT