ADVERTISEMENT

About The "OTHER" Things That Were On The Ballot...

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
While were waiting on the "red wave" to come ashore... :rolleyes:

Abolishing the "Slavery Exception" which allowed the continued practice slavery in the United States was voted on in 5 states
4 of the 5 states voted to fully abolish slavery....Tennessee, Oregon, Vermont, & Alabama (who voted to remove all racist language in their current constitution)

Louisiana attempted to water down the language in the amendment and the people of Louisiana rejected the conservative changes

Right To Abortion - 5 states voted for codifying the right to abortion Kentucky, Montana, Michigan, Vermont, California

Marijuana Legalization - 3 of 5 states approved measures to legalize the use of marijuana / hallucinogens' Maryland & Missouri say smoke 'em if you got 'em
& Colorado says its OK to shroom if you got 'em

And GOP stronghold state of Arizona rejected voter suppression efforts

Arizona Proposition 309
Require in-person voters to show unexpired photo ID, and require mail-in voters to submit affidavit of identity

Require ID
49.3%

Do not require
50.7%

70% of vote in

And Nevada approves rank choice voting in a defeat of partisan political party influence

Nevada Question 3
Create open "top-five" primaries, switch to ranked-choice voting in general elections

Change election methodology
51.7%

Do not change
48.3%

79% of vote in

Did Kentucky really codify a right to an abortion?
No they did not. The question on the ballot was to effectively amend the state constitution to put the question of abortion beyond the reach of the Ky Supreme Court.

The Ky legislature passed an abortion ban over the governors veto after the Dobbs decision. This ban remains in effect in spite of the amendment being voted down.

There is a pending case challenge to this law making its way to the Ky SC, and there is the real possibility they could strike down the law. We’ll see.

It's amazing that people wouldn't want more secure elections.

Dems just gotta be able to cheat.

Is Arizona a republican or democratic legislature?

Maybe you should realize that issue is more about voter suppression not election integrity...the people of Arizona do...why don't you?

Reactions: DC407
Is Arizona a republican or democratic legislature?

Maybe you should realize that issue is more about voter suppression not election integrity...the people of Arizona do...why don't you?
I see nothing in the wording of the proposition that, if passed, would engender voter suppression.

Unsolicited mail-in ballots, unsupervised ballot drop boxes, ballot harvesting, and taking days to counts ballots undermines confidence in the transparency of election outcomes.

Making people identify themselves is suppression? That's ridiculous!

Well, I guess it's not ridiculous if you want to cheat.
I'm calling bs...Democrats know damn well this is the Republicans answer to stamp out cheat by mail and they simply don't care.
Then you have the morons. Politicians get up there and spew this crap and our stupid electorate laps it up.
Dumb ass Dem voter: requiring me to produce an ID is voter suppression
Rep poster on The Parking Lot: don't you have to brandish an ID to collect unemployment?

Rep poster on The Parking Lot: don't you have to brandish an ID to collect unemployment?
Better yet! You have to have ID to collect welfare, EBT, and free or subsidized public housing. It's an argument only the dumbest of the dumb can argue it's suppression. Yet here we are! 😂

Abolishing the "Slavery Exception" which allowed the continued practice slavery in the United States was voted on in 5 states
4 of the 5 states voted to fully abolish slavery....Tennessee, Oregon, Vermont, & Alabama (who voted to remove all racist language in their current constitution)

Wow...you just aren't an honest person. It would be comical if it wasn't so disgusting.

I'm calling bs...Democrats know damn well this is the Republicans answer to stamp out cheat by mail and they simply don't care.
Then you have the morons. Politicians get up there and spew this crap and our stupid electorate laps it up.
Except there is no proof of widespread fraud, while there is proof that legal citizens are denied their right to vote because of an expired drivers license, or address change, or other meaningless technicalities. Not to mention it takes hours to vote in some locations.

The “secure election” line is just a red herring. You guys never complained until Trump made Up lies.

Except there is no proof of widespread fraud, while there is proof that legal citizens are denied their right to vote because of an expired drivers license, or address change, or other meaningless technicalities. Not to mention it takes hours to vote in some locations.

The “secure election” line is just a red herring. You guys never complained until Trump made Up lies.

Give me a break...this is absolute garbage.

The ID is free if it is required. Anyone can get an ID if they're legal to vote...even the people that you think are too stupid to get one.

You speak of red herrings and then you offer one. Do better.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
I see nothing in the wording of the proposition that, if passed, would engender voter suppression.

Here let's make it as simple as possible using the typical trump loyalist "logic"

Please show us where in the Constitution that you have to provide a government issued picture ID to express your right to vote?

You have to a US citizen and we have long been able to prove citizenship without government issued picture IDs

So you're denying a right given in the Constitution based on what?
Your personal preference for ID types?

Where's that language in the Constitution about voting rights?

Just as illegitimate as literacy tests

Unsolicited mail-in ballots, unsupervised ballot drop boxes, ballot harvesting, and taking days to counts ballots undermines confidence in the transparency of election outcomes.

No...it just undermines YOUR confidence when you lose elections

Mail-in voting has existed since the Civil War
Drop boxes have been used for two decades

Without any evidence of mass voter fraud trump supporters now feel uncomfortable?

That's because they lost the 2020 election

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/16/ballot-drop-boxes-have-long-been-used-without-cont/
Ballot drop boxes have long been used without controversy. Then Trump got involved

Ballot drop boxes have been used for many years without controversy

Ballot drop boxes have been in use for about two decades, said Amber McReynolds, CEO of the National Vote at Home Institute and the former head of elections in Denver. The boxes are commonly used in states where generally all voting is by mail, including in Republican-led Utah.

"Counties have added additional drop boxes almost every year since 2014," said Justin Lee, Utah’s director of elections. "We haven't had any security problems, and we have no indication that drop boxes favor one party over another party."

The National Conference of State Legislatures found eight states that have permanent laws that expressly allow drop boxes and include rules such as design features, number and location.

"At least 34 states have used or plan on using ballot drop boxes this year," Lawfare and the Stanford-MIT Healthy Elections Project said. "In the upcoming election, the use of drop boxes will likely be larger than in any election in American history."

And this is just a straight up lie. I remember this exact discussion in 2002 when I lived outside of Nashville. It wasn't the first time I'd ever heard the discussion then either.

Reactions: WW HEISENBERG

Lies
There is absolutely proof that ballots are mailed to addresses: where the person is no longer living there or is dead. There is also proof that ballots are sent en masse with lack of control of the voting rolls. There is just no proof of who actually fills out those ballots and who returns them and how many are fraudulent.
But keep spewing that bs especially since Republican voters never have expired drivers license, or have address change, or other meaningless technicalities smh

Reactions: NavigatorII
Making people identify themselves is suppression? That's ridiculous!

Well, I guess it's not ridiculous if you want to cheat.

Then you don't understand the issue very well do you?

Nobody is saying voters don't have to identify themselves
What that procedure is what's suppressive

There is no language in the Constitution limiting how citizenship
is determined for voting.

We verify citizenship without government issued picture IDs everyday

So actually its your viewpoint that's kinda ridiculous

A member of my family went to vote and had forgotten to renew their drivers license. She still got to vote provisionally. She didn’t feel suppressed at all.
I can’t even go into my bank to drop off my credit card payment in person without showing my driver license.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Here let's make it as simple as possible using the typical trump loyalist "logic"

Please show us where in the Constitution that you have to provide a government issued picture ID to express your right to vote?

You have to a US citizen and we have long been able to prove citizenship without government issued picture IDs

So you're denying a right given in the Constitution based on what?
Your personal preference for ID types?

Where's that language in the Constitution about voting rights?

Just as illegitimate as literacy tests

No...it just undermines YOUR confidence when you lose elections

Mail-in voting has existed since the Civil War
Drop boxes have been used for two decades

Without any evidence of mass voter fraud trump supporters now feel uncomfortable?

That's because they lost the 2020 election

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/16/ballot-drop-boxes-have-long-been-used-without-cont/
Ballot drop boxes have long been used without controversy. Then Trump got involved

Ballot drop boxes have been used for many years without controversy

Ballot drop boxes have been in use for about two decades, said Amber McReynolds, CEO of the National Vote at Home Institute and the former head of elections in Denver. The boxes are commonly used in states where generally all voting is by mail, including in Republican-led Utah.

"Counties have added additional drop boxes almost every year since 2014," said Justin Lee, Utah’s director of elections. "We haven't had any security problems, and we have no indication that drop boxes favor one party over another party."

The National Conference of State Legislatures found eight states that have permanent laws that expressly allow drop boxes and include rules such as design features, number and location.

"At least 34 states have used or plan on using ballot drop boxes this year," Lawfare and the Stanford-MIT Healthy Elections Project said. "In the upcoming election, the use of drop boxes will likely be larger than in any election in American history."
Thats funny.
Every time I exercise my constitutional right to keep and bear arms I have to provide a valid ID. I have to provide an ID and ask permission to purchase a firearm. I have to provide ID every time a visit a range. And I have to provide an ID, fingerprints and ask for permission to take said firearm outside of my house...all to exercise a constitutional right.

Lies
There is absolutely proof that ballots are mailed to addresses: where the person is no longer living there or is dead. There is also proof that ballots are sent en masse with lack of control of the voting rolls. There is just no proof of who actually fills out those ballots and who returns them and how many are fraudulent.
But keep spewing that bs especially since Republican voters never have expired drivers license, or have address change, or other meaningless technicalities smh

Then show us the proof of mass fraudulent voting by this method...

You keep claiming there is absolutely proof

Lies
In 2020, there was also proof hundreds of ballots were sent to single addresses, with no legitimate addressee. "Nothing to see here!"

A member of my family went to vote and had forgotten to renew their drivers license. She still got to vote provisionally. She didn’t feel suppressed at all.

Is a drivers license REQUIRED to vote?
Show us the language in the Constitution that says that

Or where in the Constitution it requires that a government issued picture ID is required to vote

I can’t even go into my bank to drop off my credit card payment in person without showing my driver license.

But you can get government issued picture ID without one

Imagine that

Then show us the proof of mass fraudulent voting by this method...

You keep claiming there is absolutely proof
Reading comprehension man. Never once claimed that there was proof of mass fraudulent voting by this method.
There is absolutely proof that ballots are mailed to addresses: where the person is no longer living there or is dead. There is just no proof of who actually fills out those ballots and who returns them and how many are fraudulent.
It's the perfect crime and the same argument for Hillary improperly handling classified documents on her server...there is no proof she improperly handled classified material because they found no classified material in her emails because she deleted them all.

Absolutely and of course. He claimed a red herring and then offered one. What a joke.

Excellent attempt at the two step friend. Try redirecting conversations with someone else...probably better if that person isn't a lot smarter than you are.

JMO.

I'm asking a question...you can answer it or not

The fact that my question points out how irrelevant your comment about when you hard about an issue is what's upsetting you

Thats funny.
Every time I exercise my constitutional right to keep and bear arms I have to provide a valid ID. I have to provide an ID and ask permission to purchase a firearm. I have to provide ID every time a visit a range. And I have to provide an ID, fingerprints and ask for permission to take said firearm outside of my house...all to exercise a constitutional right.

BOOM!!! Excellent reply friend.

Edit...you also probably have to provide the ID to purchase ammunition.

I'm asking a question...you can answer it or not

The fact that my question points out how irrelevant your comment about when you hard about an issue is what's upsetting you

No, you attempted to spin a conversation by redirecting it to something unrelated.

And you failed.

Reading comprehension man. Never once claimed that there was proof of mass fraudulent voting by this method.

Comprehension of the issue my man...if there is no claim of material fraud affecting the outcome of an election (mass) then you're saying elections results are true & accurate.

Nobody is claiming that attempts at fraud exist

But they don't exist at a material level to question the outcome of any election in the US

There is absolutely proof that ballots are mailed to addresses: where the person is no longer living there or is dead. There is just no proof of who actually fills out those ballots and who returns them and how many are fraudulent.

There's also absolute proof of people attempting to in-person vote fraudulently...

Is it your opinion that we should ban in-person voting also since people attempt to gain the system in person?

It's the perfect crime and the same argument for Hillary improperly handling classified documents on her server...there is no proof she improperly handled classified material because they found no classified material in her emails because she deleted them all.

Well we see trump on the other hand just wasn't that smart was he? 😆

Comprehension of the issue my man...if there is no claim of material fraud affecting the outcome of an election (mass) then you're saying elections results are true & accurate.

Nobody is claiming that attempts at fraud exist

But they don't exist at a material level to question the outcome of any election in the US

There's also absolute proof of people attempting to in-person vote fraudulently...

Is it your opinion that we should ban in-person voting also since people attempt to gain the system in person?

Well we see trump on the other hand just wasn't that smart was he? 😆
And there you go...if the glove don't fit you must acquit.

I'm guessing that in the case of in-person fraudulent attempts that the ballot is not counted, and possibly criminal charges filed.

Nope and that's why the FBI raided Mira Largo...so he didn't do what Hillary did and destroy the evidence. If that makes him 'not as smart' so be it.

Then you don't understand the issue very well do you?

Nobody is saying voters don't have to identify themselves
What that procedure is what's suppressive

There is no language in the Constitution limiting how citizenship
is determined for voting.

We verify citizenship without government issued picture IDs everyday

So actually its your viewpoint that's kinda ridiculous
How is citizenship verified exactly? The most obvious example is a birth certificate.

Banks can do whatever they want. There’s nothing in the constitution that says you have to have an unexpired drivers license to vote. Your sister may not feel suppressed but it’s a fact that many legal citizens are denied their constitutional rights for merely technical reasons. That should bother everyone, Pub or Dem.

Banks can do whatever they want. There’s nothing in the constitution that says you have to have an unexpired drivers license to vote. Your sister may not feel suppressed but it’s a fact that many legal citizens are denied their constitutional rights for merely technical reasons. That should bother everyone, Pub or Dem.
Bullshit. Proving who you are in elections protects every CITIZEN's rights. There's no excuse in this day and age. Stop being a tard and just admit you embrace fraud. Intellectual dishonesty is your calling card though. Not surprised.

The whole insecure election mantra is just a typical right wing fear induced nothing burger.

I know in Indiana you can cast a provisional ballot in such circumstances. In my county, a voter can go to any polling place within the county where they are registered. There was a guy in front of me that wasn’t registered in the county and was turned away. Indiana has a voter ID requirement; it was actually contested to the SCOTUS and upheld.

Indiana’s elections are generally very secure and I have a high degree of confidence in the outcome. I don’t complain about losing elections except when there’s fishy stuff going on like there was in 2020; some of which persists even today even though Covid is no longer a thing.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
How is citizenship verified exactly? The most obvious example is a birth certificate.
You can be born here and not be a citizen. (people renounce citizenship for many reasons).
You don’t have to be born here to be a citizen
You don’t have to be a citizen to have a drivers license
Election officials keep a roster but it’s not perfect.

The point is, the major deterrent is the heavy criminal penalties for illegally voting. That’s why it would be stupid to try to vote illegally since one vote never matters. It’s just an excuse the losers make.

I know in Indiana you can cast a provisional ballot in such circumstances. In my county, a voter can go to any polling place within the county where they are registered. There was a guy in front of me that wasn’t registered in the county and was turned away. Indiana has a voter ID requirement; it was actually contested to the SCOTUS and upheld.

Indiana’s elections are generally very secure and I have a high degree of confidence in the outcome. I don’t complain about losing elections except when there’s fishy stuff going on like there was in 2020; some of which persists even today even though Covid is no longer a thing.
Some states are better than others. I have no problem with voter ID laws as long as they aren’t overly restrictive and a universal voter ID card is available.

BTW, what‘s the deal with that crazy UK chick. I’ll bet she got lots of attention on your home board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT