ADVERTISEMENT

A violation of the Constitution

You know who else doesn’t believe in the constitution? The Orange Clown.

Ron Filipkowski is a doofus but in this case he’s just quoting a really bad take by Trump.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any practical remedy to what’s happened beyond making sure Biden (or whoever the Dem nominee might be) doesn’t retain the White House in the 24 election.

Reactions: BCSpell and BSC911
malone believes in fairy tales...How would that lead to an overturning of the election?

spit-take-drink.gif

So there should be an investigation? Just like the Russia election interference investigation?
Absolutely. I would love to know the extent and specific channels of communication between the Big Tech and the Biden campaign. For that matter, also investigate the interaction between Big Tech and the Trump campaign - I bet we would find striking disparities.

Absolutely. I would love to know the extent and specific channels of communication between the Big Tech and the Biden campaign. For that matter, also investigate the interaction between Big Tech and the Trump campaign - I bet we would find striking disparities.

I’m all for an investigation. But, I think you might be surprised at how closely the White House works with the media, including the Trump White House.

Why limit this to Twitter? The White House has extensive ongoing direct communication with multiple media outlets.

I say throw open the curtains and reveal everything.
Not sure if you are being purposely obtuse or not.

The White House has requested takedowns on social media sites for as long as there have been social media sites. I can request one right now. So can you.

That's not the issue, and I think you know that. The issue is whether or not the Hiden camp PRESSURED Twitter to censor the story.

Zuckerberg has already admitted the FBI pressured FB to censor the laptop story.

As I've said all along, we have ALWAYS had proof of election interference in the 2020 election. Some just chose to ignore or downplay it cause their party won*.

Certainly it should be investigated...but this was not the government manipulating the media prior to the election.

Can we all at least agree that Joe Biden wasn't in office prior to the election?
His handlers that are currently playing marionette certainly did this.

8HxTnN.gif

Not sure if you are being purposely obtuse or not.

The White House has requested takedowns on social media sites for as long as there have been social media sites. I can request one right now. So can you.

That's not the issue, and I think you know that. The issue is whether or not the Hiden camp PRESSURED Twitter to censor the story.

I just don't remember any conservatives calling for the end of the trump administration when it was smearing & slandering multiple media organizations to censor negative reporting it objected to.

https://www.nytco.com/press/a-campaign-targeting-our-staff/

A Campaign Targeting Our Staff​

AUGUST 25, 2019

A note to staff by New York Times publisher A.G. Sulzberger calling attention to a Times story about a campaign led by President Trump’s allies intended to harass and embarrass individuals affiliated with several leading news organizations.
Dear Colleagues,

We published an article today revealing a coordinated campaign by President Trump’s allies to attack hundreds of journalists in retaliation for coverage of the administration. This unprecedented campaign appears designed to harass and embarrass anyone affiliated with independent news organizations that have asked tough questions and brought uncomfortable truths to light.

The New York Times, which has distinguished itself with fearless and fair coverage of the president, is one of the main targets of this assault. Unable to challenge the accuracy of our reporting, political operatives have been scouring social media and other sources to find any possibly embarrassing information on anyone associated with The Times, no matter their rank, role or actual influence on our journalism.

Their goal is to silence critics and undermine the public’s faith in independent journalism.

This represents an escalation of an ongoing campaign against the free press. For years the president has used terms like “fake news” and “enemy of the people” to demonize journalists and journalism. Now, the political operatives behind this campaign will argue that they are “reporting” on news organizations in the same way that news organizations report on elected officials and other public figures. They are not. They are using insinuation and exaggeration to manipulate the facts for political gain.

I want to thank the journalists at The Times and elsewhere who brave this type of pressure daily to bring essential information to the public. Under intense scrutiny and routine harassment, they remain undeterred. When our reporters learned of this campaign to attack journalists, they did what our colleagues around the globe always do. They went to work and started reporting.

Zuckerberg has already admitted the FBI pressured FB to censor the laptop story.

No actually Zuckerberg DID NOT say that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden_laptop_controversy
In an August 2022, Mark Zuckerberg interview on the Joe Rogan podcast, Zuckerberg said that Facebook thought the story fit the pattern of Russian propaganda and called it a "hyper-political issue". Zuckerberg also said that the FBI had previously told Facebook to be aware of potential propaganda about the 2020 presidential election and was told by them that "there's about to be some kind of dump." When the New York Post story was published, Facebook thought that it "fit that pattern" the FBI told Facebook about.[84][85][86]

In October 2022, The Intercept reported that records filed in federal court as part of a lawsuit revealed that two FBI agents [trump's FBI] were involved in communications with Facebook that allegedly "led to Facebook's suppression" of the New York Post story, although The Intercept also noted that the lawsuit has a "partisan slant". Biden administration attorneys responded by saying that the plaintiffs related to the lawsuit lacked standing and that social media companies pursued content moderation policies on their own without "coercive" influence from the U.S. government.[86]

And members of the trump campaign pressured FB to censor ALL of their campaign lies under threat of government regulation

Where was the conservative outrage about that agreement?

As I've said all along, we have ALWAYS had proof of election interference in the 2020 election. Some just chose to ignore or downplay it cause their party won*.

This is why your concern is example of your hypocrisy

The trump administration has been accused of using the DOJ, FBI, and IRS to threaten, smear & censor media organizations, private citizens, and government officials they deemed anti-trump

The trump administration also brought lawsuits against those same media organizations, private citizens, and government officials

Was that "election interference in your opinion?

Specifically in regard to the Hunter Biden laptop story what has actually occurred?

The laptop was given to the DOJ and investigated by the FBI & many media organizations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden_laptop_controversy

There is controversy involving the contents of a laptop computer that belonged[disputeddiscuss] to Hunter Biden, son of the then-US presidential candidate and former vice president Joe Biden. The owner of a Wilmington, Delaware, computer repair shop, John Paul Mac Isaac, said the laptop had been brought to his shop in April 2019 by a person who said that he was Hunter Biden. The person never came back to retrieve the computer.[1] Three weeks before the 2020 United States presidential election, the New York Post published a story presenting emails from the laptop and stating that they showed corruption by Joe Biden. Incumbent president and presidential candidate Donald Trump tried to turn the story into an October surprise to hurt Joe Biden's campaign, with Trump falsely asserting that Joe Biden had acted corruptly regarding Ukraine while in office.[2][3][4]

PolitiFact wrote in June 2021 that, while "over time, there has been less doubt that the laptop did in fact belong to Hunter Biden", the laptop "was real in the sense that it exists, but it didn't prove much", as "[n]othing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma".[5]

The laptop lacked a clear chain of custody, and was considered "a mess" from a forensic standpoint by analysts.[6] The drive contained emails marked to and from Hunter Biden[2] and other digital files relating to him. PolitiFact wrote in June 2021 that it is possible that "copies of a laptop" were obtained, instead of Hunter Biden's actual laptop.[5] The New York Times and The Washington Post reported that their sources had authenticated a number of emails, including one that was the subject of the New York Post reporting.[7][6] No more than 22,000 of the almost 129,000 emails on the hard drive were confirmed as authentic in 2022 by two forensic analysts who independently examined the data for The Washington Post; the analysts could not verify the vast majority of the data. The unverifiable emails included some prominently reported previously by other news outlets.[6]

The analysis found that people other than Biden had written files and folders to the drive before and after the original report by the New York Post, but only after it had been taken into FBI custody. It also found that data had been accessed and copied off the drive by people other than Biden over nearly three years.[6] In November 2022, CBS News published a forensic analysis it commissioned, which examined a "clean" copy of the data obtained directly from the repair shop operator. That analysis concluded that data originated with Hunter Biden and had not been altered.

In contrast, other versions of that data that were circulated "appeared to have had data added after April 2019, a sign they could have been tampered with."[8] Despite extensive scrutiny of the laptop contents by multiple parties, by September 2022 no clear evidence of criminal activity by the Bidens had surfaced.[9]

So the conservative issue is that the Biden campaign tried to stop the linking to the initial NY Post story on Twitter?

Reactions: kalimgoodman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT