ADVERTISEMENT

A rant about the NC.

EvilWayz

Bull Gator
Nov 18, 2006
Jacksonkill, florida
We are stuck in the unenviable position of having to choose between Georgia and Alabama.

After last night, I'm convinced that Georgia has no defense. The only team that gave them any challenge beat them. And I hate Georgia so I can't root for them.

Alabama snuck it's way into the NC game. They don't deserve to be there because they didn't even get to the SECCG, much less win it. Iff they win, they should have a string of asterisks behind their name in the history books that circumnavigates the globe. I can't stand Alabama's cheatin' ass, so I can't root for them either.

This is like having to choose between ISIS and the Taliban.

I have one simple solution for you and just so you don't think im a hypocrite I am doing this exact thing.

Convenient amnesia. People come up and ask you how Florida can compete with the reigning National Champions. " Well I don't think Deshaun Watson is there anymore so if we get a chance to play Clemson I like our chances."

There was no champion in '17-'18, unless you want to buy into the UCF talk. It was a strike shortened season, a bit of undigested food. So ladies and gents, there is a fine SEC makeup game between Georgia and Alabama being played Monday. Watch it if you will, I am onto the 2018 season.

Meh, alabama got in, they were as worthy as anyone, they throttled clemson, they're going to beat uga. Who were you going to put in instead, OSU? Iowa beat the hell out of them and OU blew them out in C-bus. There needs to be eight teams in the play off, then anyone that has a legit shot to win it would be in.

And it isn't quite isis v talbian, it's more like ISIS vs Russia, nastrovia my friend.

Meh, alabama got in, they were as worthy as anyone, they throttled clemson, they're going to beat uga. Who were you going to put in instead, OSU? Iowa beat the hell out of them and OU blew them out in C-bus. There needs to be eight teams in the play off, then anyone that has a legit shot to win it would be in.

And it isn't quite isis v talbian, it's more like ISIS vs Russia, nastrovia my friend.

Oh St is clearly more deserving than Bama. One has a championship and one doesnt. So if bama wins they are the national champions which means they are above UGA but UGA won the SEC which Bama was a part of so UGA is above Bama......soooooo who would be the champ? I get that most morons(not saying u r one) wont understand this. If bama wins they will claim national supremacy but they werent even the best team in a 14 team conference(or 12 sorry i do t know how many teams are in the sec). That is just so crazy to me that people dont understand or think about that nuance. How could we claim bama is better? We couldnt.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
I cannot root for UGA in anything. And I say that as I am very weary of Saban and Alabama

Alabama didn't win their conference championship. They didn't even get to their conference championship. Ohio State did. And I'm not even an OSU fan.

Alabama didn't win their conference championship. They didn't even get to their conference championship. Ohio State did. And I'm not even an OSU fan.
What about OSU...from last year? At least Alabama this year, unlike OSU from last year, proved they were worthy to compete without winning the conference.

The problem here is the same problem with the two polls. You should have to win your conference championship to even be considered for the playoff. But since there's no hard and fast rule, stupid shit like this happens.

Because y

You have to have some kind of metric. One that isn't based on opinion.

The problem with that though is the conferences and the divisions within those conferences aren't equal or even have the same rules so how exactly can you make it a uniform metric to judge teams? For example the PAC 12 and Big 12 have a round robin format so every team in the conference plays each other, no other conference does that. So in conferences like the Big 10, ACC, or SEC you run into an issue where the top teams might not even play each other because of divisions. So then you're deciding who is the best team based on who has the more favorable conference schedule or division. Look at the SEC West for example where there were numerous years where the two best teams in the league were in the West. That second team gets screwed because they're in a better division even though they were better than our terrible East winners under McElwain. Put Bama in the East this year and they go to the SEC Title game. So were they not the best team or did they just play in the best division and lose at the wrong time (they had the same conference record as Auburn)?

Yep! We had the unbiased way then people bitched about the computers and the fact that there was no human element. Now we have the human element again and people hate it unsurprisingly. Reap what you sow.

Yep! We had the unbiased way then people bitched about the computers and the fact that there was no human element. Now we have the human element again and people hate it unsurprisingly. Reap what you sow.

We’ve talked about it before but it never made sense to have a committee.

Literally the argument against the BCS was that too few teams were left out, not that the process was wrong.

So of course they expand to 4 teams (which is exactly what we wanted the BCS to do but then they also give us a random committee filled with people full of bias and agendas and even worse, lack of knowledge, and all of a sudden people are angry.

What’s funny is Alabama would have gotten in regardless unless you make some silly rule where you have to be a conference winner.

I can't buy this argument. All conferences are not created equal. Pick the 4 best teams and be done with it. OSU lost twice and to teams that weren't very good. They got 55 laid on them by Iowa. IOWA!

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
We’ve talked about it before but it never made sense to have a committee.

Literally the argument against the BCS was that too few teams were left out, not that the process was wrong.

So of course they expand to 4 teams (which is exactly what we wanted the BCS to do but then they also give us a random committee filled with people full of bias and agendas and even worse, lack of knowledge, and all of a sudden people are angry.

What’s funny is Alabama would have gotten in regardless unless you make some silly rule where you have to be a conference winner.

Yep. And not just a committee, but a committee that literally sits in a back room and changes their criteria week to week. The solution was BCS computer formulas who pick a top 4. Win-win. Unbiased rankings, everybody gets their precious playoffs.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Oh St is clearly more deserving than Bama. One has a championship and one doesnt. So if bama wins they are the national champions which means they are above UGA but UGA won the SEC which Bama was a part of so UGA is above Bama......soooooo who would be the champ? I get that most morons(not saying u r one) wont understand this. If bama wins they will claim national supremacy but they werent even the best team in a 14 team conference(or 12 sorry i do t know how many teams are in the sec). That is just so crazy to me that people dont understand or think about that nuance. How could we claim bama is better? We couldnt.

We disagree

Alabama lost one game. OSU lost two games, and got booty blasted in both of them.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
We disagree

Alabama lost one game. OSU lost two games, and got booty blasted in both of them.

My line of thinking is Bama should have been judged with 2 losses, not one. Every other team had to play a top team and bama had a bye week. Teams actually eliminated themselves(wisconsin) by playing an extra game that bama didnt have to play. I would have put wisc in over bama as well. One loss but that loss was to a conf champion and they played an extra game. Its crazy to me that you can be booted out of the playoffs by playing co f championship weekend but you can gain a spot by sitting out. Makes zero sense. Oh st or Wisc should have been in over bama. I would have put Aub in over them, they were ahead of them before conf championship weekend with 2 losses to bamas 1. So becuz they play an extra game against a top team that they already beat, they were forced out. Crazy to think about.

My line of thinking is Bama should have been judged with 2 losses, not one. Every other team had to play a top team and bama had a bye week. Teams actually eliminated themselves(wisconsin) by playing an extra game that bama didnt have to play. I would have put wisc in over bama as well. One loss but that loss was to a conf champion and they played an extra game. Its crazy to me that you can be booted out of the playoffs by playing co f championship weekend but you can gain a spot by sitting out. Makes zero sense. Oh st or Wisc should have been in over bama. I would have put Aub in over them, they were ahead of them before conf championship weekend with 2 losses to bamas 1. So becuz they play an extra game against a top team that they already beat, they were forced out. Crazy to think about.

To me it's kind of the point of conference championship games, especially if you didn't play anyone. yes Wisconsin was undefeated, but I believe they missed both OSU and Michigan in the regular season because they play on the soft side of the big 10, either way no matter what, someone is always going to have a beef that got left out. Nothing invalid about the way you look at it, I just see it differently.

To me it's kind of the point of conference championship games, especially if you didn't play anyone. yes Wisconsin was undefeated, but I believe they missed both OSU and Michigan in the regular season because they play on the soft side of the big 10, either way no matter what, someone is always going to have a beef that got left out. Nothing invalid about the way you look at it, I just see it differently.

Fair enough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT