ADVERTISEMENT

'97 UF v FSU on SEC Network now

One of the few big games of that era sadgator missed. It will torment sadgator until the end of eternity.

The top 3 biggest/best atmosphere games sadgator personally attended in the Swamp were:

1. 1991 Florida/FSU
2. 1993 Florida/FSU
3. 1995 Florida/Tennessee

1997 Florida/FSU was probably the best, but those three are close seconds.

giphy.gif

One of the few big games of that era sadgator missed. It will torment sadgator until the end of eternity.

The top 3 biggest/best atmosphere games sadgator personally attended in the Swamp were:

1. 1991 Florida/FSU
2. 1993 Florida/FSU
3. 1995 Florida/Tennessee

1997 Florida/FSU was probably the best, but those three are close seconds.
1999 Florida/Tennessee was the atmosphere I will never forget. The Dollies were coming off a NC title year and Tee Martin said playing in the Swamp was no different than playing at Commonwealth Stadium. That 4th down stop on Travis Henry was the loudest I ever experienced.

Reactions: sadgator
sadgator was at that one too...sadgator carries around his ticket stub from that game in his wallet to this day...signed by Chris, Lee, and Kirk...

It’ll never be the same as it was in the 90’s...

An amazing time to be alive and young...

No stadium will be the same as the 90’s. That was the height of college football fandom. The ‘96 FSU/UF game was the loudest/most insane game environment I ever experienced at DOAK.

Now attendences are dropping, home viewing options are better than ever, cost keeps going up, stadiums are downsizing to add club level areas, kids today are often more engaged with their phones than a live event in front of their faces and the student body is “smarter” and many care a lot more about their academic performance vs how good the football team is.

We were lucky to be there for the best of the best.

No stadium will be the same as the 90’s. That was the height of college football fandom. The ‘96 FSU/UF game was the loudest/most insane game environment I ever experienced at DOAK.

Now attendences are dropping, home viewing options are better than ever, cost keeps going up, stadiums are downsizing to add club level areas, kids today are often more engaged with their phones than a live event in front of their faces and the student body is “smarter” and many care a lot more about their academic performance vs how good the football team is.

No doubt!

Went to the 96 game and this one, this one was louder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT