ADVERTISEMENT

No not happening. UK is actually one of the better defensive teams in the SEC. The Bama game isn’t a true indicator of their defense.

Big donged Dan can play it down all he wants, but you know the QB whisperer is foaming at the mouth to say he took a 2 star QB and made him a Heisman trophy winner

I think KT gets 475 and 5 TD’s today

Could we, would we, should we?

sadgator has a feeling Mullen and crew are gonna want to make people pay attention today...in a good way...not sure why, but we’ll see...
Sigh....

Don’t you have that job to go back to? 70? Kentucky always plays us tough but, I guess a lot depends on who are the players out with Covid and injuries.

I appreciate your charitable outlook on the game, but I’m expecting a fairly serious beatdown, or at least a very decisive victory for the Gators. Considering our Covid-depleted roster, the fact that the Gators are still in the hunt for the CFP, and Kyle Trask’s ongoing Heisman campaign (and the underlying / unstated motivations to put up big numbers), I can easily see this as a 55-10 type game.
Don’t get me wrong I think UF will win rather easily but we aren’t scoring 70 points.

Could we, would we, should we?

sadgator has a feeling Mullen and crew are gonna want to make people pay attention today...in a good way...not sure why, but we’ll see...
Mullen could have ran up at least 60 on the Holes in the Swamp last season but as always, took his foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter. Speaking of 3rd, I just hope 3rd and Grantham can hold KY Jelly(a term I normally use for the UK hoops team) to less than 3 touchdowns. Now, if KY Jelly scores about 60 on our very own 3rd and Grantham, we definitely hang 70 on KY Jelly.

Posters here said the same things about Vandy - it didn't happen then; wont happen now.

Several posters have made an important point - we can't leave KT & the 1st team offense in for the whole game - chance of injury & the need for Emory to get reps precludes that !

Reactions: TennesseeGator
At some point the coaching staff has to see the defense is consistently confused, getting aligned late, and covering ineligible receivers that are covered up by outside receivers. So the coaching staff needs to simplify the defense.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Our damn defense keeps making garbage teams with offenses that rank in the 100s look like championship teams. Week in and week out. Why are we even discussing the SEC championship with this defense anyways?

Reactions: EvilWayz
You guys don’t look good at all today. Your defense looks worse than last week.

And now Dan is screaming at Grantham.

I get it, Dan, we want to punch him in the face too.

Except for insta. Insta wants to stick his tongue up Granthams anus.

They own you at the line of scrimmage. Just having their way with the clock. Letting you guys make all the errors on offense too. Didn’t Bama hang 60 on these guys and hold them to 3?

Wow.. Mullen looked like he was talking to a freshman walk on yelling at Grantham.

Defensive suggestion—more line stunts and line games because the d line can’t get off blocks. This may help confuse an Oline thats owning the d line. Slants and angles by d line to at least create some movement and attacking mentality.

They own you at the line of scrimmage. Just having their way with the clock. Letting you guys make all the errors on offense too. Didn’t Bama hang 60 on these guys and hold them to 3?

Wow.. Mullen looked like he was talking to a freshman walk on yelling at Grantham.
We've been owned at the line of scrimmage the whole season.

How do you not blitz off the edge w them at their own one. You know what they are going to do.

Our team just looks lethargic today. Kentucky has a solid defense and our receivers aren't getting open. Plus, Trask isn't being given much time to thrown and we haven't run it very well. They've dominated time of possession and have been running the ball down our throats. Our overall talent should prevail, but a less than impressive outing so far for the Gators.

2nd and goal and Dan has no confidence in the oline to run it in. Put Emory in and run the ball.

I believe Tre'vez may have gotten a pick from his ex teammate, Joey Gatewood.

UK players definitely looked better protesting in the streets than they have looked on the field lately.

Much better 2nd half for the Gators, especially on defense. Offensive line had their worst day of the season, but still a convincing win. Hopefully at Tennessee we get get off to a better start than we have in most games so far.

Reactions: PacoGator19
We saw this exact same gameplan from South Carolina. The goal for them was not to win, it was to keep their offense on the field and just grind out the clock to limit how much time our offense could have the ball. That wears our defense down and then we can't get stops.

That is essentially the blueprint on how to beat us. I hate to say it but the Will Muschamp philosphy of coaching a team is the one way you beat Florida. Texas A&M did the same thing too, long sustained drives and we could NOT get them off of the field.

We have done a terrible job in taking opposing teams out of their gameplan in the fist half this year. We basically let them dictate that first half, and it seems to be the same each weekend. Come halftime we make adjustments and overall the defense has performed much better in 2nd halves. Get up by 2 scores and get a stop on KY to start the 3rd quarter, and that completely took them out of their run first gameplan because they were then forced to start throwing to try to catch up which isn't their strong suit. Then you're in a track meet with Florida which you will lose. We need to get them off of their grind it out gameplans sooner in the games.

And I absolutely DO NOT AGREE with Dan Mullen pulling the plug on the offense at the start of the 4th quarter and going all conservative run-the-clock-out mode. We need to be using those 4th quarters to prepare for Alabama. Going into drain the clock offense doesn't help us one bit at all prepare for The SEC Championship game. No Gator here can ever forget the choke at doak for that matter.

Reactions: gatordad3
I mean seriously, does anyone know? Have we had a SINGLE game this year where the opposing team's first possession is a 3 and out??? To the contrary, most teams it seems to me score a TD on their first drive against us...

I don’t think we will be able to score 70 on Kentucky as long as Stoops is there. He is interested in losing close more than he is interested in winning. That is why he runs the ball so much and wastes so much time. Even down 11 points his team was running every play and snapping the ball with 2 and 5 seconds left. They made zero attempt to win. Losing close was more important.

Reactions: PacoGator19
We saw this exact same gameplan from South Carolina. The goal for them was not to win, it was to keep their offense on the field and just grind out the clock to limit how much time our offense could have the ball. That wears our defense down and then we can't get stops.

That is essentially the blueprint on how to beat us. I hate to say it but the Will Muschamp philosphy of coaching a team is the one way you beat Florida. Texas A&M did the same thing too, long sustained drives and we could NOT get them off of the field.

We have done a terrible job in taking opposing teams out of their gameplan in the fist half this year. We basically let them dictate that first half, and it seems to be the same each weekend. Come halftime we make adjustments and overall the defense has performed much better in 2nd halves. Get up by 2 scores and get a stop on KY to start the 3rd quarter, and that completely took them out of their run first gameplan because they were then forced to start throwing to try to catch up which isn't their strong suit. Then you're in a track meet with Florida which you will lose. We need to get them off of their grind it out gameplans sooner in the games.

And I absolutely DO NOT AGREE with Dan Mullen pulling the plug on the offense at the start of the 4th quarter and going all conservative run-the-clock-out mode. We need to be using those 4th quarters to prepare for Alabama. Going into drain the clock offense doesn't help us one bit at all prepare for The SEC Championship game. No Gator here can ever forget the choke at doak for that matter.

Thinking outside the box for Bama.

Do we all agree our defense is going to get run over by Bama? That we will likely go into a deep, keep everything in front of us style which will let them run play after play until our defense is exhausted (and they will STILL get some big plays?)?

We need to consider going for it on fourth down (except inside field goal range) and onside kicking after every score.

Think about it. What's the point of field position if you can't stop the other guys? It just keeps the ball out of your offense's hands and gets your defense exhausted being out there all game. I'd like to see us try to keep every drive going and steal some possessions with the onside kicks. Short fields don't bother me, in fact, it would put more pressure on them, they wouldn't have the option of running a 15 play drive, and if they start on our 30 we don't have to worry about them throwing it 50 yards downfield. Get a few stops deep in our own territory, they will kick field goals, and it's more likely we get stops deep if our guys aren't worn down from a long drive.

I would kick field goals because if we don't get it on 4th down then we are giving our defense a long field, don't want that, plus by scoring we can try an onsides again.

Their defense isn't great either, I'd love to be 44-42 after 3 quarters and have their defense bent over grabbing their shorts while ours is fresh.

This is against everything football is about, but heck, it's an upside down season anyway, why not play upside down football?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT