ADVERTISEMENT

5-Star RB Zachary Evans Released from Georgia NLI

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
"...Georgia released 5-star running back Zachary Evans from his national letter of intent, according to 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong.

Evans is the No. 1 running back and No. 14 player in the 2020 recruiting class, per 247Sports' composite rankings.

Chris Hummer of 247Sports reported Monday it looked like Evans was leaving Georgia and "expected to zero in on LSU and Texas A&M."

Wiltfong added Evans received a "full release, no restrictions," which allows him to join another school and play immediately in 2020.

The Houston native ran for 4,867 yards and 76 touchdowns over his final three years of high school. 247Sports' Gabe Brooks compared him to Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon, who had a prolific career at Wisconsin and is a two-time Pro Bowler in the NFL."

Doesn't look like Gators are positioned to take advantage of this but maybe the domino effect will work in our favor & we pick up a RB who gets pushed out of either LSU or Texas A&M's class.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...d-from-georgia-nli-amid-lsu-texas-am-interest

"...Georgia released 5-star running back Zachary Evans from his national letter of intent, according to 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong.

Evans is the No. 1 running back and No. 14 player in the 2020 recruiting class, per 247Sports' composite rankings.

Chris Hummer of 247Sports reported Monday it looked like Evans was leaving Georgia and "expected to zero in on LSU and Texas A&M."

Wiltfong added Evans received a "full release, no restrictions," which allows him to join another school and play immediately in 2020.

The Houston native ran for 4,867 yards and 76 touchdowns over his final three years of high school. 247Sports' Gabe Brooks compared him to Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon, who had a prolific career at Wisconsin and is a two-time Pro Bowler in the NFL."

Doesn't look like Gators are positioned to take advantage of this but maybe the domino effect will work in our favor & we pick up a RB who gets pushed out of either LSU or Texas A&M's class.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...d-from-georgia-nli-amid-lsu-texas-am-interest

I would rather punch myself in the balls than say anything nice about UGa, but that was a classy thing to do. They could have forced him to use the portal and risk losing a year.

I would rather punch myself in the balls than say anything nice about UGa, but that was a classy thing to do. They could have forced him to use the portal and risk losing a year.
ion.

LizGrad89...a ball self perpetuated ball shot shows full commitment! #respect lol Finally this board seems fun again even though my GF thinks that I have an addiction but she's a CA girl...she can't understand how I watch football for 3-4 days straight and plan my entire weekend around football.

She actually watches and pulls for UF (Her team is the Nevada Wolfpack and they suck, also I was the only Gator fan in big bar here in Reno when we beat them in Basketball a year ago...that's another story but so great...I'm in a Gator hat, shirt and sweater...they tried to lock me out of the place lmfao) but she will never get it. Great woman, came to a game with me to Gainesville and wears our gear but it's just different out here.

UGA....psss...bunch of pretenders. the pups are feeling bad with all that talent and nothing to show for it. lol

Last edited:
ion.

LizGrad89...a ball self perpetuated ball shot shows full commitment! #respect lol Finally this board seems fun again even though my GF thinks that I have an addiction but she's a CA girl...she can't understand how I watch football for 3-4 days straight and plan my entire weekend around football.

She actually watches and pulls for UF (Her team is the Nevada Wolfpack and they suck, also I was the only Gator fan in big bar here in Reno when we beat them in Basketball a year ago...that's another story but so great...I'm in a Gator hat, shirt and sweater...they tried to lock me out of the place lmfao) but she will never get it. Great woman, came to a game with me to Gainesville and wears our gear but it's just different out here.

UGA....psss...bunch of pretenders. the pups are feeling bad with all that talent and nothing to show for it. lol
Mine wears her gator shirt on Saturdays when I ask her to, but she doesn't really understand why I get so emotional about football.

Reactions: GatorNation79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT