ADVERTISEMENT

3 Year Starting SEC OT Transfers to UF

Makes sense for him to go with Mullen and makes sense for Mullen to bring him in. Not sure it completely makes up for the loss of walker (walker could be elite or a bust we dont know yet) but it definitely softens the blow. I can tell you first hand what happens to a great program if you dont recruit good young tackles out of high school. This guys seems to be a quality lineman though.

3rd year, getting recruiting and transfer traction, and still building the program with the right people and in the right way. o_O
No worries mates... :cool:

Could Stewart Reese be the Gators' Next Jonathan Greenard?

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-stewart-reese-analysis

It is yet to be seen if Reese can offer the same type of impact (as Greenard), but he's shown promise. He allowed a career-best eight quarterback pressures across 222 pass-blocking snaps as a redshirt junior, according to Pro Football Focus, equating to a pressure rate of 3.6%.

That stands ahead of the majority of Florida's starting offensive linemen in 2019, according to PFF. For reference, Reese finishes in front of Richard Gouraige at 3.72%, Stone Forsythe (3.75%), Brett Heggie (4.29%), and Jean Delance (6.02%).

True freshman Ethan White led the pack at 2.52% across 119 pass-blocking snaps. However, the addition of Reese gives Hevesy the option to continue developing White as the sixth offensive lineman until he can cement himself into a starting role in 2021 if he so chooses.

I am a huge Ethan White fan, but it should be noted that -
"...2019: (Ethan) Appeared in six games (UT Martin, Towson, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Florida State and Virginia)… Made his career debut against UT Martin… Started at right guard against Vanderbilt."

Ethan had approx half the pass blocking snaps as Reese. Reese an excellent run blocker as well.

Another message board has a headline that says Diwun Black has done what he needs academically to get into Florida. This is copied and pasted from that page.
jew4wdC0_normal.jpg
@diwunblack

4 star SS/ LB Diwun black will be attending The University of Florida this December!!! Yesss #Gatornation
1f40a.png
This kid man, I tell you Florida is going to love him as player on field but even more as a person off the field I can promise you that!! His story will be one to remember.

Another message board has a headline that says Diwun Black has done what he needs academically to get into Florida. This is copied and pasted from that page.
jew4wdC0_normal.jpg
@diwunblack

4 star SS/ LB Diwun black will be attending The University of Florida this December!!! Yesss #Gatornation
1f40a.png
This kid man, I tell you Florida is going to love him as player on field but even more as a person off the field I can promise you that!! His story will be one to remember.

Sounds like he's "on track" and I really hope so. Guy is a stud, near 5 star before he had grade issues and has worked his ass off the last 3 years to try and get things in order. Also - he's all GATOR all the time. Pulling for this cat!

jew4wdC0_normal.jpg
@diwunblack

1f40a.png
Stories like this always make me happy. I've seen the post before along the lines of "JUCOs orginally went to JUCO for a reason" yeah, sure sometimes. However it was something minor such as a small test score due to a minor learning disability that wasn't addressed in a poor public school system. Some of these JUCOs learn to achieve the dream they have to grind it out and put in the extra work. I bet Mr. Black will fall right into that category.

JMOHO's as always, but both Ethan and Stew will be playing, unless some others have really made considerable progress since Dec.
=====

What the heck are the sports writers babbling about with the Gator's running game?

2019 Rushing Game Stats:

Rushing 1st downs -- UF 88 -- Opps 76

Average Yards Attempt - UF 4.2 -- Opps 3.2
Gross Rushing Yards -- UF 1,956 -- Opps 1,784
Rushing Yards Lost -- UF 269 -- Opps 448
Net Rushing Yards -- UF1,687 -- Opps 1,336

Rushing TD's -- UF 21 -- Opps 9
Seven Gators had a rushing TD.
Total 398 (46%) Runs, to 467 (54%) passes.
Not nearly as unbalanced as some would have you believe....

Individuals: Dan likes to use a committee at most positions.
The Sr starter got 132 carries (33.2%), the rest of the team split up 266 carries.

Lamical Perine - 132 for 694 yds, 5.1 YPC, L- 88, 6 TD's

Dameon Pierce - 54 for 320 yds, 5.6 YPC, L-75, 4 TD's

Kyle Trask - 63 for 182 yds, 2,9 YPC, L-16, 4 TD's
(does not include the sack losses)

Emory Jones - 42 for 256 yds, 6.1 YPC, L-29, 4 TD's
(42/13 = 3.2 runs per game average, but IF needed he could play RB)

Malik Davis - 34 for 102 yds, 2.5 YPC, L-12, 1 TD (still in injury recovery mode)

===== The last 2 were mostly end of game clock killing carries.

Iverson Clement - 3 for 48 yds, 16.0 YPC, L-41

Nay'Quan Wright - 12 for 26 yds, 2.0 YPC, L-5

Undetermined if 5-star Lorenzo Lingard will get his NCAA waiver to play in 2020.

==========

The new OL should make a big jump in the 2020 running game.
With that leading to an even more balanced run/pass attack.

jew4wdC0_normal.jpg
@diwunblack

1f40a.png

Ocala,

GREAT to hear that Diwun Black has made it to the promised land !

In that same recruiting class, we (thought) we had two pretty good OL - Wardrick Wison & Deyavie Hammond.

Any news on them ?

Ocala,

GREAT to hear that Diwun Black has made it to the promised land !

In that same recruiting class, we (thought) we had two pretty good OL - Wardrick Wison & Deyavie Hammond.

Any news on them ?

Black has the best upside potential from that recruiting class. I hope this is true!

"Not so fast my friend...." ;) -- :)

2019 Class

#14 ILB Diwun Black 6-3.5 226 **** - 158/250 - Kissimmee, FL - JuCo xfer returnee

#3 OG Deyavie Hammond 6-3 330 **** - 84/300 - Lakeland, FL - JuCo xfer returnee

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT