ADVERTISEMENT

2023 schedule…Ouch!

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
So, Coach Napier to begin the year you might have 5 top 10 teams on your schedule.

Georgia. Will be #1 or 2.
Tennessee will be top 10 especially after their bowl game.
LSU same as above.
FSU getting to much love imo. Beat nobody worth a crap besides LSU who they open up with next year.
Utah top 10 right now. Don’t know much of who’s returning.
Also will be top 20;
South Carolina, played great down the stretch including upsetting Tennessee. And we DOMINATED THEM?

Reactions: rdgtr
So, Coach Napier to begin the year you might have 5 top 10 teams on your schedule.

LSU same as above.
FSU getting to much love imo. Beat nobody worth a crap besides LSU who they open up with next year.
Also will be top 20;
South Carolina, played great down the stretch including upsetting Tennessee. And we DOMINATED THEM?

Not sure about some others but South Carolina is getting raided right now. We will see what they get in the portal to counteract that. FSU shouldn't be too bad with all the portal guys they are getting.

Reactions: fsu939913

LSU same as above.
Also will be top 20;

I don't think Utah or Scar will be any good, we raided Scar for you and took some of their best players. Fsu's offense will be elite next yr, not sold on the defense but we did get best CB, DL in the portal and Lovett and Verse both announced they are returning.our DC makes Grantham look like a genius tho, so there is that.

Uga will be good (puke)

Tenn, not sure on them but all signs point to them being good

Lsu got another good portal class while signing another good high school class. They will be good again.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I don't think Utah or Scar will be any good, we raided Scar for you and took some of their best players. Fsu's offense will be elite next yr, not sold on the defense but we did get best CB, DL in the portal and Lovett and Verse both announced they are returning.our DC makes Grantham look like a genius tho, so there is that.

Uga will be good (puke)

Lsu got another good portal class while signing another good high school class. They will be good again.

I think FSU should be pretty good. I would still lean to Clemson winning that conference with the new QB though. I hope you are right about Utah. Losing that QB and RB helps us in that game but are they losing a lot besides them?

I think FSU should be pretty good. I would still lean to Clemson winning that conference with the new QB though. I hope you are right about Utah. Losing that QB and RB helps us in that game but are they losing a lot besides them?

When I watched Utah play you guys this yr, you could just tell there was a speed difference. They lose quite a bit of their important guys, yr 2 of Billy. Biggest question for UF early in the season is QB. Which sucks because it's so important but Napier wanted Mertz so he must have saw something. I will admit, it wasn't a sexy pick or one I would be hyped about but Napiers offense really wasn't the problem for you guys. I'm very interested to see how good you guys are next yr, it doesn't look like you will be great but Napier yr 2, usually you see a big jump in yr 2

Us vs Clemson is going to be a great game. I think they lost almost everything on their front 7, they will be playing a ton of new players. Not sure if we win, but it's our best chance by far. This is the most experienced and talented team fsu has had since 2014. I also think next yr will be the worst Clemson has been since 2014. I'd still probably lean Clemson but we will get 2 shots at Clemson next yr. Acc has abandoned divisions and top 2 teams will play in championship game, so I'm expecting to play them twice.

When I watched Utah play you guys this yr, you could just tell there was a speed difference. They lose quite a bit of their important guys, yr 2 of Billy. Biggest question for UF early in the season is QB. Which sucks because it's so important but Napier wanted Mertz so he must have saw something. I will admit, it wasn't a sexy pick or one I would be hyped about but Napiers offense really wasn't the problem for you guys. I'm very interested to see how good you guys are next yr, it doesn't look like you will be great but Napier yr 2, usually you see a big jump in yr 2

Looking at our schedule we aren't going 8-4 unless we get busy in the portal. Year 3 would be our big jump under Napier if it happens.

Reactions: fsu939913
I'll take our 6th year Senior Jordan Travis over Clemson's Freshman next year.

Uga will be good (puke)

South Carolina ripped apart the ACC champ. Damn that conference is weak.....nolies grow a sack and join a real conference......

...Biggest question for UF early in the season is QB. Which sucks because it's so important but Napier wanted Mertz so he must have saw something.
Like what he saw in Miller - right ?
I will admit, it wasn't a sexy pick or one I would be hyped about but Napiers offense really wasn't the problem for you guys.
Of course not.
After all, we kicked a last second FG & kept the scoring streak alive against Oregon State.

What more can you ask for ?

Plus, since Billy refused to play any other QBs, Miller now has great game experience & will shine in the Orange & Blue game, just like he did last year.
I'm very interested to see how good you guys are next yr, it doesn't look like you will be great but Napier yr 2, usually you see a big jump in yr 2
Numbers,
The only big jump is likely to be Gator fans & boosters leaving the sinking ship.

8-4 is likely off the table for sure now. No way he loses to us at home. We will need more portal help just to go 7-5 probably.

South Carolina ripped apart the ACC champ. Damn that conference is weak.....nolies grow a sack and join a real conference......

Clemson didn't care at that point. Meaningless game, and then we went and took 2 of Scars starters....yikes

Sounds like Utah's QB will most likely be out for our game due to an injury. I wonder how good the backup is there.

It sounds like Utah's OC is leaving for ND possibly also.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT