ADVERTISEMENT

oozie7

Bull Gator
May 28, 2008
That's how many yards we just had against a defense replacing 10 starters with an entire offseason to prepare. But wait, it gets worse.

3 points
2-13 on 3rd down
6 sacks given up
11 yards rushing

All this with our best offense in years behind an oline that's the strength of our team...supposedly. Seen enough. Nuss needs to go and I don't think that's even up for debate at this point but Mac ain't the guy. Can anybody name me ANY offensive coach who would have an offense this bad for three straight years? I honestly can't think of one. Not if they were competent anyway.

Mac was never an offensive genius. All he did at Bama was run 3 NFL backs behind an OL that had 6 players drafted. He was a fraud from day one

Reactions: gatorRAD
He can win with his dog at QB, though - didn't you hear? I seriously don't like this guy. He's arrogant as hell without any of the actual accomplishments to back it up. Go away, Mac, please. I want this season to be over with so Stricklin will can his ass and get someone worth a crap in here to turn this program around.

Mac was never an offensive genius. All he did at Bama was run 3 NFL backs behind an OL that had 6 players drafted. He was a fraud from day one
I was fooled by his CSU offense.

Something I bet many here didn't know.

Back a few years ago after Memphis fired Larry Porter they interviewed McElwain and Justin Fuente.

Basically we got Memphis rejects.

Memphis has made better hires vs UF recently.

I was all for the man, holding out hope. He at least showed some dignity, but after the credit card gate plus the dope smokers, my Hope is gone.

Your a good poster oozie, and I'm not here to pile on. ( My Noles may be in for a tough time in about 35 minutes. FIRE TRICKETT AND KELLY!! )

UF O line is still terrible. No push up front at all. Pass blocking was ok, and I thought Franks looked OK at times. Your RB's are just average, no game breakers IMO, even Scarlett. WR's I think will be a strength.

You need an new OC and philosophy. Mac's offense just isn't fooling anyone, especially with no threat of a decent QB. Nuss should have been fired last year.

Defense looked ok, but for the first time in a while they seemed kind lean and without any true superstars. Solid for sure, but I wonder how the depth is as the season goes.

I want Trickett and Kelly gone, so I feel your pain. After tonight I may feel it more.

I was fooled by his CSU offense.

Something I bet many here didn't know.

Back a few years ago after Memphis fired Larry Porter they interviewed McElwain and Justin Fuente.

Basically we got Memphis rejects.

Memphis has made better hires vs UF recently.

I was all for the man, holding out hope. He at least showed some dignity, but after the credit card gate plus the dope smokers, my Hope is gone.

Baldwin ended up in a bad situation afterwards but he built that offense not Mac from what I read. This crap Nuss runs is a complete joke.

Wouldn't say he's a fraud. On his own he's decent, but yea he was never some offensive guru. Those offenses were basic as hell and their passing game was piss poor considering the level of talent they had. They literally just lined up and pounded teams with a group of 220 lb. backs behind a stacked oline.

McElwain is easily the worst coach Florida has had in several decades. He's definitely worse than Zook and Muschamp, and if you disagree, you haven't been paying attention.

Wouldn't say he's a fraud. On his own he's decent, but yea he was never some offensive guru. Those offenses were basic as hell and their passing game was piss poor considering the level of talent they had. They literally just lined up and pounded teams with a group of 220 lb. backs behind a stacked oline.

He would make a decent OC for a coach with an elite D.

He is not a HBC, no fire or urgency

O-line & Play calling are the ongoing problems with this team. I, also, think the defensive front has taken a step back from the last 2 years. Took many missed tackles and allowing runners to get outside. Very disappointed.

Reactions: sadgator
He would make a decent OC for a coach with an elite D.

He is not a HBC, no fire or urgency

Basically. Only difference between him and Muschamp is he won one or two more close games allowing him to take advantage of a down division. The man can't beat anybody good. We get routed just about any time we play an above average team. And his offenses are WORSE than Muschamp's. He's just had slightly more luck.

Basically. Only difference between him and Muschamp is he won one or two more close games allowing him to take advantage of a down division. The man can't beat anybody good. We get routed just about any time we play an above average team. And his offenses are WORSE than Muschamp's. He's just had slightly more luck.

Funny part is Champ had the best year of the two when we had an 11-1 regular season and BCS bowl appearance with a win over FSU. People forget that

The worst part is that with the way he recruits by the time he's done it's really gonna be a 4-5 year rebuild.

That's how many yards we just had against a defense replacing 10 starters with an entire offseason to prepare. But wait, it gets worse.

3 points
2-13 on 3rd down
6 sacks given up
11 yards rushing

All this with our best offense in years behind an oline that's the strength of our team...supposedly. Seen enough. Nuss needs to go and I don't think that's even up for debate at this point but Mac ain't the guy. Can anybody name me ANY offensive coach who would have an offense this bad for three straight years? I honestly can't think of one. Not if they were competent anyway.
That's not an ordinary D there are two first rounders on the line and a ton of talent and speed at LB. We tried to say that earlier this week and we're mocked by many on the board

Last edited:
And I don't see how it gets better either. The time to make a move was last year. Let's say at the end of this year Mac decides to make a change at coordinator, what good coordinator is coming here knowing he has little talent to work with and might only get one year to turn the offense around? Not gonna happen. So we'll get some second rare coordinator if we even make a change.

I think your missing offensive stars were the difference honestly. I'm pretty pissed by the piss poor play of UM's QB, he easily could have cost UM this one

No they weren't the difference. A back won't do a damn thing when the line can't block and we couldn't block Michigan. And not sure how Callaway would have gotten the ball when we refused to throw with Franks in and the went to Zaire who has less than zero passing ability. Neither one of them would have made a difference in this game. Maybe other games, but not this one.

Not sure why Franks got benched. He made a few mistakes but I thought did fairly decent and he needs some PT. Zaire is much worse than him. Give Franks the ball for the rest of the year and let him play and develop for the next head coach we get.

Reactions: gatorjake2
Not sure why Franks got benched. He made a few mistakes but I thought did fairly decent and he needs some PT. Zaire is much worse than him. Give Franks the ball for the rest of the year and let him play and develop for the next head coach we get.

Once you decide to go with Franks, go with him. Nothing he did was that bad. Mac is just a moron

Franks needs to be the QB for the year. Regardless of any mistakes he may make. Get him some experience and see if he can develop. He has the tools.

At least with this he is just a freshmen and he can get some experience and be a QB that the next coach can work with.

Reactions: ZeusGator
Franks needs to be the QB for the year. Regardless of any mistakes he may make. Get him some experience and see if he can develop. He has the tools.

At least with this he is just a freshmen and he can get some experience and be a QB that the next coach can work with.

I agree. Would never have pulled him today

Mac will put LDR back in if he thinks we are in danger of going 7-5 or something like that.

Yea the Franks move was idiotic. His skill is his arm and they let him throw 11 times and he was fine. Then he has one fumble on a play where a defender made a really good play and they bench him while the game is still close. Then they bring in the option QB and let him throw almost 30 times? So after spending 3 quarters being run heavy with zero success they decide to go all air raid with a QB who can't pass. Just dumb as hell. This staff has no clue what they're doing on offense.

That was 2014 Citrus Bowl 2.0
2 years and the offense is just as anemic and defense is not as stout...
This is going to be a long painful yeat

Reactions: gatorjake2
Yea the Franks move was idiotic. His skill is his arm and they let him throw 11 times and he was fine. Then he has one fumble on a play where a defender made a really good play and they bench him while the game is still close. Then they bring in the option QB and let him throw almost 30 times? So after spending 3 quarters being run heavy with zero success they decide to go all air raid with a QB who can't pass. Just dumb as hell. This staff has no clue what they're doing on offense.

The staff looks so ill prepared. No plan B...or one that makes sense anyway.

Zaire looked like a D2 QB out there.

Reactions: sadgator
The staff looks so ill prepared. No plan B...or one that makes sense anyway.

Zaire looked like a D2 QB out there.

Been a consistent theme for 3 years. Our first drive or two is fine because we're on script. Then it ends and there's no plan. Pray the defense scores I guess.

Yep the team looked pretty bad. I really think KY may have a chance to break the streak if they can score a little on us. This team looks worse than the 2015 team that almost lost at KY.

Been a consistent theme for 3 years. Our first drive or two is fine because we're on script. Then it ends and there's no plan. Pray the defense scores I guess.

We need aomeone who gives us a schematic edge. Since Champ arrived we have been trying to line up like Bama and beat teams the way Bama does. Problem is, outside OSU and FSU, no one has the talent to even come close doing that

Reactions: ocalaman

when paco knows mac should be done, it's that bad.

What's numbers take on all this?

I knew mac was going to end our program last year after FSU and Bama, and he's worse than muschamp. That's actually a reality now

I told ya’ Last year that Mac and Nuss are good buddies. In order to get rid of one you have to get rid of both. It’s not rocket science after watching them against Bama that UF is nowhere the rankings of 1-4!!!!! Those are top caliber teams and moves away from their opponent when it comes to scoring..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT