ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street......

Beavis And Butthead Idk GIF by Paramount+

But if I were to make an educated guess, I'd say SEC.

I’ve bet that they just pooled lawyer resources to break the grant of rights. I bet the Discussions for what conference they join is still going on

Last edited:
The four are FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA, which are the four I wanted anyway, so fine by me if it's SEC. Would suck big time if they went B1G.

The four are FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA, which are the four I wanted anyway, so fine by me if it's SEC. Would suck big time if they went B1G.
They would be smart to do the SEC because of their location in the southeast….. traveling to the west coast hinterlands sucks big traveling costs out of the kitty, and even sux more for fans trying to travel

You may be right on the SEC thing, but the B1G wouldn’t be the end of the world.
They currently are paying more per team. They have a very large fan base of retired alums here in FL.
I have no inside info but we shall see.

I wouldn’t wanna be part of any club that was composed of mostly Yankees. If by some crazy weirdness Kentucky wound up being in the big 10 conference, it would be catastrophic in my opinion. I just would be done with college football. There is nothing like Southern football.

I wouldn’t wanna be part of any club that was composed of mostly Yankees. If by some crazy weirdness Kentucky wound up being in the big 10 conference, it would be catastrophic in my opinion. I just would be done with college football. There is nothing like Southern football.
Bro, all Americans are Yankees. Ask any Brit and foreigner, haha. Yanks, as in colonial Americans, is who fought in the Revolutionary War. I'm a Scottish, Irish, Welsh, French, Native American descendant born in Jeff Davis Hospital in Houston, TX, but I'm still a Yankee, haha. If I had slave owning ancestors in the Sotuheast coastal colonies back in the day, then most likely they'd have been British Loyalists and ergo not Yankees, haha, but that's not the case.

Bro, all Americans are Yankees. Ask any Brit and foreigner, haha. Yanks, as in colonial Americans, is who fought in the Revolutionary War. I'm a Scottish, Irish, Welsh, French, Native American descendant born in Jeff Davis Hospital in Houston, TX, but I'm still a Yankee, haha. If I had slave owning ancestors in the Sotuheast coastal colonies back in the day, then most likely they'd have been British Loyalists and ergo not Yankees, haha, but that's not the case.
Im not saying there aren’t good people north of the Ohio…. But that whole War of Northern Aggression kinda bothers me

;)

You may be right on the SEC thing, but the B1G wouldn’t be the end of the world.
They currently are paying more per team. They have a very large fan base of retired alums here in FL.
I have no inside info but we shall see.

After USC and UCLA I think the Big 10 is making the new teams take much smaller shares for quite a while.

Im not saying there aren’t good people north of the Ohio…. But that whole War of Northern Aggression kinda bothers me

;)
Unless you're 160 or more years old I don't see how you're bothered by it. If you descend from colonial English stock that were rich slave owners and were British Loyalists during the Revolutionary War, then yeah, I could see how your inheritance was affected but considering you're in Kentucky and not the South, then that's probably not the case.

Unless you're 160 or more years old I don't see how you're bothered by it. If you descend from colonial English stock that were rich slave owners and were British Loyalists during the Revolutionary War, then yeah, I could see how your inheritance was affected but considering you're in Kentucky and not the South, then that's probably not the case.
Hey people can identify as a kumquat or a pink cat….. I can identify as an aggrieved Southerner aristocrat!! But if’n ya say that I, an actual person of Irish lineage has to claim some sort of British Loyalist connection, I have to drop this issue…… some shite can’t be countenanced

;)

Reactions: bradleygator
Hey people can identify as a kumquat or a pink cat….. I can identify as an aggrieved Southerner aristocrat!! But if’n ya say that I, an actual person of Irish lineage has to claim some sort of British Loyalist connection, I have to drop this issue…… some shite can’t be countenanced

;)
🤣🤣

;)
If you're Scottish Highlander and Irish like me, then you came from poor, hardscrabble, always fighting and on the move, hard drinking, frontier exploring, some say white trash, ancestors and you never benefitted like rich Southerners did.....so why are you bothered by Northerners as you call them? I'll tell you why, because poor Appalachia hillbillies and rich Southerners don't like being told what to do by outsiders, especially governments. Look up on YouTube Colin Woodard and his book 11 Nations and listen to how interesting why there's differing and competing cultural factions of North America from colonial days to the present day. He also wrote a good book on Pirates history too, I like both colonial American and pirate history so his research is very interesting.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I don't see any reason for the SEC to take anyone other than UNC and VA maybe. Also these teams have huge buyouts so how will this work out if they have to take reduced money for years.

Big10 knows it can just scoop up Miami to get the Florida market. The only reason they'd really fight the SEC on taking FSU is if they think the Big12 is going to sneak in and grab Miami.
I want UNC and UVA over FSU and Clemson anyway, adds the two missing old southern states and they are state flagship universities.

I would believe that the SEC would add the 4 ACC teams right now. The B1G 10 has already destroyed the PAC-12 taking half the conference from them. FSU, Clemson, UNC, & UVA would be epic and renew that Georgia/Clemson rivalry too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT