ADVERTISEMENT

Why Tampa shouldn't draft Winston

At least he is humble and reserved,,,,

Winston believes he accomplished what he intended to on Tuesday.

"I did great on every throw," he declared.

Asked why the Bucs should draft him with the top pick, he said, "Because I'm the best player in the draft."

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Winston is only what? 22? And he already has weight issues?

This guy is going to be just like CC Sabathia in a few years, constantly gaining weight and then having to try to lose it before the season starts.

I truly believe this guy is going to be a massive bust.
its gonna be be fun...

I truly hope and pray this guy is going to be a massive bust.
FIFY
wink.r191677.gif

Winston with another off the field incident although this one does not involve breaking the law or rules.

Unnamed sources are saying Winston's grandmother does not have diabetes & has no travel restrictions. Jameis & the Winston family are just trying to avoid going to the draft & will say anything to save face.

Winston is only what? 22? And he already has weight issues?

This guy is going to be just like CC Sabathia in a few years, constantly gaining weight and then having to try to lose it before the season starts.

I truly believe this guy is going to grow a massive bust.
ftfy

Originally posted by djegators:

Winston believes he accomplished what he intended to on Tuesday.

"I did great on every throw," he declared.

Asked why the Bucs should draft him with the top pick, he said, "Because I'm the best player in the draft."
looking for the inaccurate part. Could you highlight it for us?

That has nothing to do with what I said.... and if you think he's the best football player for the future out of that draft 10 years down the road.... LOL

How are most FSU fans so much exemplary of Bama fans? I feel bad for the reg FSU fans here after all these years that just make them look... well some of yall be doing the same stuff too when the time strikes... There are plenty of people not fooled by Jameis, did you see the video of Johnny rehab last year KILLING it in shoulder pads and a helmet during his pro day, even HE never said the stuff Jameis is saying... ESPECIALLY after getting destroyed by an Oregon defense that runs a 1-5-6 defense and got raped by a 3rd string Meyer wing t shotgun offense...

So if you look at it, hell even Jameis was talking about how the Gators just magically "caught everything" for all his INT's against us.. He faced one decent scheme the entire year and got exposed.. Even when we were at laughable strength out there in 2013 he got shut down for an entire half until he could throw it up to benjamin as usual and he broke 8 tackles..

His worst game was against the best defense he faced, bar none and with a coach on the way out. He threw 3 or 4 INT's in the FIRST QUARTER. He was absolutely lost out there trying to read our coverages and with a top 4 DE pick chasing his ass all around. HE was forcing everything and making major mistakes, the only reason the Florida Gators didn't win that game is because Treon mixed with the staff was simply the best in history of finding ways to lose games no matter what it took. One play gave that game away after the Poole INT, otherwise no way they overcome a 3 score deficit with the way we had them confused just like 2012 up front and on the 2nd level...

and then he completely shit the bed against a team that got BLOWN OUT with a 2-4-5 against Ohio State and hes out there spouting hes the best pick in the draft? HA

Does anyone remember these two names..... Matt Leinart & Vince Young. Two guys that faced horrendous competition overall in college then got drafted high and absolutely had no clue what they were doing out there against professionals... You are seeing one of the next in the making.

11053217_10206100876341620_1050042993488672267_n.jpg

This post was edited on 4/2 2:17 AM by 46885

This post was edited on 4/2 4:22 AM by 46885

"Does anyone remember these two names..... Matt Leinart & Vince Young. Two guys that faced horrendous competition overall in college then got drafted high and absolutely had no clue what they were doing out there against professionals... You are seeing one of the next in the making. "

You're not allowed to see things that way if you are a nole, simply not going to happen. One local sport talk host has forbid even saying jamies name until April 30th because the nole fans are so out of their minds.

"well some of yall be doing the same stuff too when the time strikes"

205 represent.

Best player in draft? Doubtful. Best player at a position of need for the Bucs who hold the #1. Yes. His answer was a confident one. It also gave this board more reason to discuss him and judging by the first 3 pages of the board y'all need all the reasons you can get. Shime and Jameis should be paid by Rivals for drumming up traffic here. This thread is bigger than your recruiting thread. Your incoming players get less pub than an outgoing FSU QB. Amazing.

See, that is exactly the point igloo, that not liking him, or not thinking he is the best ever is hate....you guys cannot even consider the possibility that the reverse is true...that is why nole fans are so despised right now, and I don't mean just by Gators.

dje, I live in Texas. We are hardly despised out here. The stories surrounding Jameis gets most of its reaction in the southeast.

See, that is exactly the point igloo, that not liking him, or not thinking he is the best ever is hate....you guys cannot even consider the possibility that the reverse is true...that is why nole fans are so despised right now, and I don't mean just by Gators.
um...no...I'm actually refering to the "hate", it's not infered or speculated, most on here actually hate him and because of this hate can't recognize he's the best QB to come out since Luck. It's not just Noles either, the sports pundits are in agreement. Jameis can ball.

side question: How many JW INTs did you personally witness (film/stands)? I'd venture to say, you (and most others) simply read his stats and shook their head. Curious what the board thinks about balls hitting receivers in the hands, true freshman receivers (admittingly) running wrong routes and/or the pressure JW was under before Jimbo moved Cam to center. ...not saying he didn't have some errant throws, but there is a reason his INTs more than doubled from 2013 and why he's still the projected #1 pick.

So basically, you entirely proved my point, that noles view all criticism as hate, and all jamie love based on reason alone.
Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
um...no...I'm actually refering to the "hate", it's not infered or speculated, most on here actually hate him and because of this hate can't recognize he's the best QB to come out since Luck. It's not just Noles either, the sports pundits are in agreement. Jameis can ball.

side question: How many JW INTs did you personally witness (film/stands)? I'd venture to say, you (and most others) simply read his stats and shook their head. Curious what the board thinks about balls hitting receivers in the hands, true freshman receivers (admittingly) running wrong routes and/or the pressure JW was under before Jimbo moved Cam to center. ...not saying he didn't have some errant throws, but there is a reason his INTs more than doubled from 2013 and why he's still the projected #1 pick.

Thank you for the pretty red picture of the USA. The only poll that matters is the one that is taken in the Bucs front office.

Based upon Numbers predictions for total Gator dominance under the Muschamp regime, and being completely and totally wrong for the past 2-3 years on every prediction made.

I think Jameis is sitting in a pretty good position with Numbers calling for the bust.

Oh and I could care less about whether he is a bust or not. Pro Football sucks. Once they leave college they could grow wings for all I care.
This post was edited on 4/2 11:59 AM by ZZ1059

Originally posted by goldmom:

Thank you for the pretty red picture of the USA. The only poll that matters is the one that is taken in the Bucs front office.

Doesn't change the fact that the noles are blind supporters of jamie and unwilling to even acknowledge possible shortcomings while simultaneously attacking anyone who criticizes him. As for the Bucs, based on history, their decision to draft does not bode well for his being successful in the league...

So basically, you entirely proved my point, that noles view all criticism as hate, and all jamie love based on reason alone.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I can't stand Darrnell Dockett, but I recognize the guy can play ball...one doesn't detract from the other.

Prior to the sexual assault accusations, most on this board wished JW was on the Gator squad. The biggest thing folks could come up with negatively, was his squinting. After that, the general consensus is he will be a bust, despite so many NFL/ESPN/Sports analyst saying he has one of the highest football IQs they've seen and can make, "all the throws."

So you concur then, that you and the other noles cannot see any reason at all to criticize him other than the person who is criticizing is a hater...that is all I am saying, glad we have that clarity.

Originally posted by 46885:
it's because your own fans come here more than our own now
The members of the RRT have been coming here well b4 Jameis when Tebow was power driving us into the ground.

Originally posted by METSWIN:
"well some of yall be doing the same stuff too when the time strikes"

205 represent.

Best player in draft? Doubtful. Best player at a position of need for the Bucs who hold the #1. Yes. His answer was a confident one. It also gave this board more reason to discuss him and judging by the first 3 pages of the board y'all need all the reasons you can get. Shime and Jameis should be paid by Rivals for drumming up traffic here. This thread is bigger than your recruiting thread. Your incoming players get less pub than an outgoing FSU QB. Amazing.
lol. And how many of the posts in this thread are by Noles? Fer fook's sake, people...

So you concur then, that you and the other noles cannot see any reason at all to criticize him other than the person who is criticizing is a hater...that is all I am saying, glad we have that clarity.
My general consensus is more folks want Jameis to fail because of his off-the field issues (not simply that he's a Nole), so that want/desire is translated into all the "he will be a bust" banter.

Now, for those who legitimately think he will not do well for technical reasons, then my comments are not directed toward them (including you, dj). It's just hard to decipher who those folks are, since so many on here recognized his talent (similarly to the rave I see on here regarding Cook) early on and subsequently changed their tune after the rape allegations.

For example, most who thought EJ and Ponder wouldn't do well, had basis and often well reasoned arguments. If nothing more, simply look at the college film. That isn't the case with Winston. The only thing that can hold him back is himself (IMO).

JD, that is why I said Shime and Jameis should be paid. I mean hell, you have Gator posters posting shirtless pictures of football players now a'la Gene Williams. .

Originally posted by ZZ1059:
Based upon Numbers predictions for total Gator dominance under the Muschamp regime, and being completely and totally wrong for the past 2-3 years on every prediction made.

I think Jameis is sitting in a pretty good position with Numbers calling for the bust.

Oh and I could care less about whether he is a bust or not. Pro Football sucks. Once they leave college they could grow wings for all I care.
This post was edited on 4/2 11:59 AM by ZZ1059
lol at total dominance, and someone has only been paying attention to predictions they want to remember. How about that Mississippi State one? oops

Jameis has crumbled against the only decent defenses he saw in his college career... The NFL will eat his ass alive for awhile, especially being that he's on one of the worst teams in the league with one of the worst staffs. He's too slow in the pocket and tries to do too much, when he's coming from behind all the time it's going to be some funny stuff to see for everyone. The only time they lost in college he was having a total melt down out there yelling at the head coach on the sideline, making an absolute fool out of himself in the post game presser... There are more of these things to come when he's used to winning all the time and the exact opposite is happening... While he's catching all the blame

"There are more of these things to come when he's used to winning all the time and the exact opposite is happening... While he's catching all the blame"

Interesting point...jamie is used to being the chosen one, he is used to always winning, everyone praising him...he has a strong sense of entitlement, is a narcissist, is very immature, is very arrogant...how he handles throwing a lot of ints, getting sacked a lot, and losing a lot will be interesting to see...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT