ADVERTISEMENT

Why Tampa shouldn't draft Winston

Why? 18 Interceptions. With 4 Senior OL going to the Bucs with a pathetic OL. Jameis led ALL QB's in major conferences in throwing to the wrong team. But the U.F. game showed his skills right?

I'm telling you he's a Jamarcus Russsell clone.

It is no use even discussing anything about jamie with the noles...they are so blinded by their fanatic loyalty they are iunwilling to face any reality about the questions of his character, they cannot accept that everyone does not worship him like they do, they cannot accept that it is not rivals simply hating him because he win games, but that the rest of the world really doesn't like, that he really is not such a magnetic charismatic character with never before seen talent, that everyone should love regardless of what team they are a fan of. No point trying to tell them that the truth, which is this: he is a first round talent, one of the best QBs in the draft this year, but he has a lot of question marks, like pretty much any one else, and due to his own immature actions and narcissistic behavior, a lot of people simply don't like him. And that is the best case....the noles cannot even comprehend that there is a worse case, that he has and will again engage in criminal activity and that his talent rating is highly inflated due to the inferior teams he faced, and his talent will be wasted due to his own arrogance and self-importance. What will happen? Most likely something in the middle....he will be somewhat successful in the league, and sooner rather than later will have an incident that brings up his questionable past again. But noles only want to believe he is a once in a lifetime talent who is a golden child who is a victim of his success, rival fans, and SEC biased media.

Originally posted by djegators:
... he has a lot of question marks, like pretty much any one else, and due to his own immature actions and narcissistic behavior, a lot of people simply don't like him.

... and his talent will be wasted due to his own arrogance and self-importance.
Is choosing to stay home with your family on draft day consistent arrogance or narcissism? Seems like he's NOT seeking personal attention.

If Marriota made the same decision, everyone would be saying he's such a nice home spun guy who puts his family ahead of the limelight.

Guess that depends on whether that choice was at the urging of your future employer, doesn't it counselor?

Originally posted by JD Gator:
Guess that depends on whether that choice was at the urging of your future employer, doesn't it counselor?
I have a hard time believing the NFL would want a polarizing figure like Winston to not attend the draft. More people will tune in if he's there just to hope he fall so they can see the look on his face.

Originally posted by gatorshime:
Dan they mush have WiFi at Mcdonald's.
511098.png

Originally posted by danoleman:

I have a hard time believing the NFL would want a polarizing figure like Winston to not attend the draft. More people will tune in if he's there just to hope he fall so they can see the look on his face.
The reports that he was "discouraged" from attending the draft, indicated that the NFL did not want the protests that would surely occur if he came. Of course, no Nole will believe that. And no Gator will doubt it. SS, DD.

The reports that he was "discouraged" from attending the draft, indicated that the NFL did not want the protests that would surely occur if he came. Of course, no Nole will believe that. And no Gator will doubt it. SS, DD.
When an NFL official stands in front of a mic or releases a statement with a name attached to it I am skeptical.

Excellent job making my point for me. I was obviously speaking more generally, and I am sure most people not directly attached to his jock could at least see that a case can be made for his narcissism and arrogance....but carry on, please.
Originally posted by 93nole99:

Originally posted by djegators:
... he has a lot of question marks, like pretty much any one else, and due to his own immature actions and narcissistic behavior, a lot of people simply don't like him.

... and his talent will be wasted due to his own arrogance and self-importance.
Is choosing to stay home with your family on draft day consistent arrogance or narcissism? Seems like he's NOT seeking personal attention.

If Marriota made the same decision, everyone would be saying he's such a nice home spun guy who puts his family ahead of the limelight.

Who would protest if Winston attended the draft??

Wtf?

Grow up.

There are people that protest everything they can get their hands on.

You REALLY can't think of any reason a group might protest during the draft because of Winston?

Are you that effing stupid?

I'm with Danny on this.

People protest about everything from save the turtles to save the crickets.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Wtf?

Grow up.

You REALLY can't think of any reason a group might protest during the draft because of Winston?

I asked that because Winston played baseball and football at FSU and I haven't heard of or seen any protests against him. People heckle, but that's just normal behavior. Can you answer the question?? Who or what group is planning on protesting Winston if he shows up at the draft!!

Many Noles have convinced themselves that there is no reason not to worship Winston.

The way posed it, dano, was as if you couldn't imagine who would protest.

Can I give you a specific group? No, but I would venture a bet that it would be one involved in women's rights and stopping domestic violence, etc, especially coming off a disastrous PR year involving that very subject.

The Draft is a massive money maker and watched by millions. The last thing they want is for the headlines to be about a mob of protesters due to the ever polarizing force that is Winston.

Wtf?

Grow up.

I asked that because Winston played baseball and football at FSU and I haven't heard of or seen any protests against him. People heckle, but that's just normal behavior. Can you answer the question?? Who or what group is planning on protesting Winston if he shows up at the draft!!
This is a far bigger stage than those event.

There was a group that was going to protest Leonard Nimoy's funeral over issues that had nothing to do with him (fortunately they couldn't find the cemetary), so any argument that denies the possibility of a protest of anyone at any time simply isn't valid.

Originally posted by LizardGrad89:

Wtf?

Grow up.

This is a far bigger stage than those event.

There was a group that was going to protest Leonard Nimoy's funeral over issues that had nothing to do with him (fortunately they couldn't find the cemetary), so any argument that denies the possibility of a protest of anyone at any time simply isn't valid.
I wasn't saying the possibility of a protest didn't exist, I was asking if anyone has ever seen or heard of a protest against Winston before.

I think you've been warned ad nauseam about posting comments like that.
This post was edited on 3/30 8:37 AM by passoverGator

The Draft is a massive money maker and watched by millions. The last thing they want is for the headlines to be about a mob of protesters due to the ever polarizing force that is Winston.
I'm sure the NFL PR team is busy planning how to repackage Winston. They'll probably show him volunteering at a battered women's shelter.

Originally posted by GatorTheo:

I'm sure the NFL PR team is busy planning how to repackage Winston. They'll probably show him volunteering at a battered women's shelter.
Great place to pick up women too!

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

Wish I had this info b4 I got married.

Wtf?

Grow up.

Yes, he really is that stupid.

the bullshit to which you refer, is not allowed.

This post was edited on 3/30 10:57 AM by JD Gator

dan, feel free to cross examine Jason Cole of Bleacher Report. Or you can just not believe it, which is what all Noles will do; conversely, all Gators will believe it:

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, after reportedly talking to multiple
league sources, indicated on Tuesday that the league may have "put a
little bit of pressure" on Winston to not attend the draft.
"The
NFL in the aftermath of the everything they've dealt with, from Greg
Hardy to Ray Rice to Adrian Peterson, - is very much afraid of protests
that are going to go along with Jameis Winston being a first-round
pick, let alone being the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft and
essentially being the face of the NFL Draft in 2015," Cole stated. "So
there's a pragmatic approach here."
Cole suggests the decision for
Winston not to attend the draft is an attempt to mute the possibility
of any protests in reaction to several high-profile, controversial
incidents that occurred during the quarterback's time at Florida State.
Cole
adds that the parties may have arrived at some kind of an agreement
when Winston and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly met for five
hours last week. He adds that Winston has done several things since then
to maintain a low profile, including dropping his Twitter account.

Originally posted by Nolez29:

Wish I had this info b4 I got married.
Really nice, you two.

mcanes, congrats on a very popular 30 for 30 and for winning your first ACC title in football..........one day......maybe.
This post was edited on 3/30 5:10 PM by METSWIN

Really nice, you two.
so shime can go ridiculously over the top and we can't?
confused0024.r191677.gif
First off- to answer your question directly- "yes." Re-read the new policy- there is no "you started it" defense here.

Second- comments about a rival player on a sports message board is somewhat in a different category than making fun of battered women. At least in my book.

Winston is only what? 22? And he already has weight issues?

This guy is going to be just like CC Sabathia in a few years, constantly gaining weight and then having to try to lose it before the season starts.

I truly believe this guy is going to be a massive bust.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT