ADVERTISEMENT

Why Tampa shouldn't draft Winston

If you look at the media coverage, not much was about Winston's guilt or innocence re. the alleged assault. The vast majority was about the way the Tallahassee authorities (FSU included) handled the situation or about Winston's repeated issues.

im so glad that Winston played for the only school that all of this could have happened, and the fans being an all time reminder of what America knows already... but this time for good

only way this could have been have been better is if he played at Bama but Saban would have hacksaw jim duggan'd him long before he ever got on the field sadly..

Read the notice to rival posters which is pinned at the top of this board. If you'd like to try again, you can e-mail me in two weeks and ask for reinstatement.

This post was edited on 3/15 12:44 PM by JD Gator

Originally posted by 46885:

im so glad that Winston played for the only school that all of this could have happened, and the fans being an all time reminder of what America knows already... but this time for good.
Yep...now America has seen what we've been telling them for years.
smile.r191677.gif

im so glad that Winston played for the only school that all of this could have happened, and the fans being an all time reminder of what America knows already... but this time for good

only way this could have been have been better is if he played at Bama but Saban would have hacksaw jim duggan'd him long before he ever got on the field sadly..
Doesn't seem to be slowing the NFL down in considering Jameis now does it? My guess is they've looked in to "what happened" with a more scrutinizing eye than rival fans who identify themselves as life-long FSU haters.

The NFL is willing to overlook almost any character issues as long as the talent is worth the risk.

Originally posted by 93nole99:

Doesn't seem to be slowing the NFL down in considering Jameis now does it? My guess is they've looked in to "what happened" with a more scrutinizing eye than rival fans who identify themselves as life-long FSU haters.
When has that ever stopped the nfl? Talent trumps character all day in the nfl. At best Winston is an immature low level thief who does stupid shit, or at worst, well no need to rehash the worst. Bucs need a QB and Winston is the one that is most ready to make an immediate impact. The other stuff the Bucs or nfl do is just PR lip service.

Originally posted by Leesgator:
When has that ever stopped the nfl? Talent trumps character all day in the nfl. At best Winston is an immature low level thief who does stupid shit, or at worst, well no need to rehash the worst. Bucs need a QB and Winston is the one that is most ready to make an immediate impact. The other stuff the Bucs or nfl do is just PR lip service.
I found a Leesgator post I agree with 100%.

So...if all the NFL gives a rip about is on the field production...what's the buzz about religion or "distraction" keeping Tebow off a roster? I'm not ripping Tebow at all...I'm surprised he's not on a team. I don't think there's a bright line test that the league does or doesn't care about "image". I think it all comes down to each player, and individual teams.

"So...if all the NFL gives a rip about is on the field production..."

Who took that position?

"Talent trumps character all day in the NFL"

This post was edited on 3/18 12:40 PM by 93nole99

"Talent trumps character all day in the NFL"

This post was edited on 3/18 12:40 PM by 93nole99
"talent" is synonymous with "on-the-field production"?

This post was edited on 3/18 3:08 PM by JD Gator

The Bucs evidently have had two private investigators digging into Winston's past and found out that he's basically a good kid, and that his teammates love him. Was the crab leg situation stupid? Sure...but who didn't do something stupid when they were young? The NFL isn't going to be worried about that.

If the Bucs don't want the kid, then they should trade down, because Mariota isn't the answer. Spread option QB's have not done well, long term, in the NFL. Cam Newton is the pinnacle of that type of QB, and he hasn't exactly torn it up...and Mariota is no Cam Newton. I'm a Bucs fan, but I'm a Titans fan first and foremost, so I would LOVE for the Bucs to pass on Winston, but I just don't see it happening. He tore up the combine and was head and shoulders above everyone else. He interviewed extremely well and threw the ball even better. Front office people and scouts were comparing his football IQ to Peyton Manning. Like him or not, he's by far the best QB prospect in this draft. That being said, both the Bucs and Titans are more than a QB away from winning. So, if either team gets a huge trade package to move down, I think they should move down.

Nolies relax.....instead of if he should be drafted you are arguing the rape charge. Guy is ghetto and scum who can throw a good football.

Problem is he threw many to the wrong team.

If Winston played for U.F. Dano, Alaskan and the whole Nole nation would be saying the guy was guilty. How many of you can take off your I LOVE JAMEIS GLASSES?

Originally posted by passoverGator:
Wow...NFL asks Jameis to stay home on draft day....this to the projected #1 pick

This post was edited on 3/18 4:34 PM by passoverGator
As long as it is't set in stone that Jameis is going VERY early in the draft, it could turn in to a nightmare for him to attend. Remember how awkward it was watching team after team pass on Manziel while he sat alone at a table with a camera in his grill? Pretty sure Johnny wishes he had spent that time at home. I would tell Jameis to attend only if the Bucs had already reached agreement with him and he knew he was going first.

Originally posted by gatorshime:
If Winston played for U.F. Dano, Alaskan and the whole Nole nation would be saying the guy was guilty. How many of you can take off your I LOVE JAMEIS GLASSES?
You're probably correct...at least at the onset because I wouldn't read a darn thing outside of media headlines/articles.

However, if I continued to debate the issue, I would like to think I'd take the time to read further to ensure I wasn't talking out of my arse. Notice I don't comment much about Hernendez? That's because I honestly haven't paid much attention to the case. I did read a few "stories" about him and an incident at a bar in Gainesville, but outside of that, I really haven't read enough to argue the case one way or the other.

Regardless, your general statement is correct, I'd probably think Winston was guilty because I wouldn't give two craps about reading things for myself. I'll admit to that.

Wow...NFL asks Jameis to stay home on draft day....this to the projected #1 pick

As long as it is't set in stone that Jameis is going VERY early in the draft, it could turn in to a nightmare for him to attend. Remember how awkward it was watching team after team pass on Manziel while he sat alone at a table with a camera in his grill? Pretty sure Johnny wishes he had spent that time at home. I would tell Jameis to attend only if the Bucs had already reached agreement with him and he knew he was going first.
Yeah...that's the reason the NFL doesn't want him there...
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by djegators:

rolleyes.r191677.gif
I never said that's the reason the NFL did anything. As a matter of FACT, nobody from the NFL has said they don't want him there. All conjecture...and of course live bait for Jameis haters.

My perspective is it is stupid for Jameis to attend in the event he's not taken in the first several picks. He'll attend if the Bucs tell him he's being picked first.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
You're probably correct...at least at the onset because I wouldn't read a darn thing outside of media headlines/articles.

However, if I continued to debate the issue, I would like to think I'd take the time to read further to ensure I wasn't talking out of my arse. Notice I don't comment much about Hernendez? That's because I honestly haven't paid much attention to the case. I did read a few "stories" about him and an incident at a bar in Gainesville, but outside of that, I really haven't read enough to argue the case one way or the other.

Regardless, your general statement is correct, I'd probably think Winston was guilty because I wouldn't give two craps about reading things for myself. I'll admit to that.
So basically, you don't think Winston is innocent because he's your star QB....you think he's innocent because you've objectively studied the facts? And that is pretty much the case with all Nole fans?

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
So basically, you don't think Winston is innocent because he's your star QB....you think he's innocent because you've objectively studied the facts? And that is pretty much the case with all Nole fans?
That's not what I'm saying...wow, talk about literally putting words in my mouth. I "basically" said, that the ONLY reason I read the entire TPD & state attorney reports is because he's FSU alumni. That would have been the case if he was in the FSU art department, a track-team member or the "Star QB." I think he's innocent of sexual assault based on facts...facts that I admittedly only gave two farts about because of Winston's university affiliation. I couldn't tell you why other Nole fans think this. IMO, odds are they are towing the party line from those of us who have read through the facts of the case and assuming we're right.

Also, remember that my defense is of his sexual assault charges, not of the other shenanigans and thievery (ignore the RRT tomfoolery). I've made it a point that one does not equate to the other. If you were charged with rape then later flipped the bird at a news reporter then told him to "F" off, those actions wouldn't prove that you were a rapist.

Bottom line. I don't defend him because he's a Nole. I chose to care one way or the other because he's a Nole. Had my research revealed otherwise, my stance would have been he should have been expelled and given a jail cell.

This post was edited on 3/20 2:02 PM by alaskanseminole

confused0013.r191677.gif
Doesn't matter, you guys will only believe what you want to believe.

wkgs5t.jpg

"In talking to multiple league sources over the past week, don't be surprised if the NFL put a little bit of pressure on Jameis Winston to not be there," Cole said Tuesday. "... And why is that? The NFL in the aftermath of everything they've dealt with, from Greg Hardy to Ray Rice to Adrian Peterson, is very much afraid of the protests that are going to go along with Jameis Winston being a first round pick let alone being the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft and essentially being the face of the NFL draft in 2015.
"So there's a pragmatic approach here. How do they mute the protests (that are) likely to happen in the aftermath of Winston's selection? This decision by Winston not to attend is an attempt to mute that reaction."
Cole indicated Winston's decision - whether entirely his or not - to skip the draft was made in an effort to keep a low profile, a directive that seemingly came out of his five-hour meeting last week with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

This post was edited on 3/20 8:14 PM by djegators

Originally posted by djegators:"So there's a pragmatic approach here. How do they mute the protests (that are) likely to happen in the aftermath of Winston's selection? This decision by Winston not to attend is an attempt to mute that reaction."
Cole indicated Winston's decision - whether entirely his or not - to skip the draft was made in an effort to keep a low profile, a directive that seemingly came out of his five-hour meeting last week with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
The NFL has investigated thoroughly and come to the conclusion that they are embarrassed to draft Winston. Right?

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
The NFL has investigated thoroughly and come to the conclusion that they are embarrassed to draft Winston. Right?
Right.

Daniel Jeremiah (former NFL scout) wasn't very concerned, really, starting with the rape accusation. "The team's I've talked to that have done their homework on this issue, they've told me they're comfortable with the findings. So they're okay with what the courts ruled on that."

"I do tend to think it's more immaturity than this is a bad guy. I look at the guys that flop in the NFL, and I look at the guys that have a real, real, real issue with substance. I don't see that any of that with Jameis Winston, that doesn't concern me at all.

"He is a self-motivated young man, he doesn't see barriers, he pushes through barriers, he has high aspirations, he wants to achieve greatness, all those things that you're looking for," Stanford head coach David Shaw told Jeremiah. "And as a coach, one of the things you look is the difference between what's a bad guy, and what's a guy that has a lot to learn, you know has some maturity to go through. And I think Jameis has been the latter, he's learned a lot of tough lessons.

Click link to read more about the NFL on the fence with Jameis Winston:

This post was edited on 3/21 11:35 AM by alaskanseminole

NFL aint skeered

And even more to confirm how desperately the NFL wants this clown gone!

It's very difficult to believe that the NFL is cool with FSU quarterback Jameis Winston[/B] not going to the NFL draft. Reports are that Winston might stay at home in Alabama so he can celebrate likely being the No. 1 overall pick with family and friends.

Hopefully, Winston or those around him will come to their senses and realize it's best for everyone - him, the league and the Bucs - to attend the draft.

Jameis Winston and the NFL draft

Nolies relax.....instead of if he should be drafted you are arguing the rape charge. Guy is ghetto and scum who can throw a good football.

Problem is he threw many to the wrong team.
No offense, dude, but that isn't what the private investigators evidently found out. The info was all over Joe Bucs Fan if you want confirmation.

I will say that I defended Treon Harris when he was first accused. I hate the "accused means you're automatically guilty" attitude that many have in this country.

confused0013.r191677.gif
Doesn't matter, you guys will only believe what you want to believe.

ec

"In talking to multiple league sources over the past week, don't be surprised if the NFL put a little bit of pressure on Jameis Winston to not be there," Cole said Tuesday. "... And why is that? The NFL in the aftermath of everything they've dealt with, from Greg Hardy to Ray Rice to Adrian Peterson, is very much afraid of the protests that are going to go along with Jameis Winston being a first round pick let alone being the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft and essentially being the face of the NFL draft in 2015.
"So there's a pragmatic approach here. How do they mute the protests (that are) likely to happen in the aftermath of Winston's selection? This decision by Winston not to attend is an attempt to mute that reaction."

This post was edited on 3/20 8:14 PM by djegators
It's really unfortunate that a kid, exonerated four different times, is being compared to a guy who completely KO'd his gf and a guy who bloodied his son's testicles with a switch. I guess it's really no surprise, but I still always find it unfortunate.

It's really unfortunate that a kid, exonerated four different times, is being compared to a guy who completely KO'd his gf and a guy who bloodied his son's testicles with a switch. I guess it's really no surprise, but I still always find it unfortunate.
Wow, all that wasted effort by TPD and the university.....

If you'd like to discuss Aaron Hernandez, start an Aaron Hernandez thread. It does appear that GPD at least knew how to request videos.
This post was edited on 3/27 12:20 PM by JD Gator

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT