ADVERTISEMENT

Which P5 conference team do you prefer an OOC series with?

12375CAT

Rowdy Reptile
Feb 15, 2012
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Last edited:
If UF ever does opt out of the game against FSU good luck selling Florida recruits on those big games against South Carolina and Missouri.

LOL. Yea, because showdowns against Bama, Auburn, LSU, and UGA wouldn't cut it.

But anyway, to answer OP, give me USC. I'd love to spend a week out in LA partying it up before a game.

But anyway, to answer OP, give me USC. I'd love to spend a week out in LA partying it up before a game.

Florida kids don't care about LSU and Georgia.

they care about the SEC, and so do FSU fans...

They even just talked about FSU fans envying the SEC more than other teams on tv about 30 minutes ago.

Florida kids don't care about LSU and Georgia.
They don't? You sure about that? You may want to check out how many recruits go out of state year in and year out. LSU and UGA have had their fair share of big-time Florida kids go to their school. Not a well thought out comment on your behalf.

It's well documented that the Gator faithful would prefer not to play FSU. Heck, you guys have managed to squirm your way out of playing scUM as it is.

oh, I almost forgot... ";)"

Both the tallycrappy criminoles and the scUM thugs could have guaranteed a game vs UF, except that they were both to chicken-chit to play an SEC schedule. And that's why they both joined the All Cupcake Conference instead. o_O

BCS-NC's: 1998 > 2013
UA x3 - UF x2 - LSU x2 - AU x1, Tenn x1.
Then there's UGA, SCa, Ark, aTm, Mizzou to fill in the 'slack-time' gaps,
and Ms, MsSt, UK & VU that can get ugly occasionally.

FSUcks x2 -- scUM x1

SEC 9 of 16 (.562) with 7 consecutive by 4 different teams. :eek:
ACC 3 of 16 (.187) with only 2 teams. :oops:

The SEC won more BCS-NC's than the rest of college football combined. :cool:

After the 'Swindle in the SWAMP' by the All Corrupt Conference officials, I'd have never played another regular season game against any ACC team if it had been me in charge. Other teams have already stated that they will never play any ACC team if (corrupt-incompetent) ACC officials are used. :confused:

Personally, I think that with UF's 8-9 game SEC schedule, they could replace FSU with USF, and play UCF instead of the scUM. :p

Bowl games get neutral 'other conference' officials.

Reactions: Deathroll
lol that 03 game was the worst fixed game ive ever seen

we had 3 TD's called back

Out of the above don't you play UGA & LSU every year and the rest of them when snow falls in the panhandle?

Go Canes!

Out of the above don't you play UGA & LSU every year and the rest of them when snow falls in the panhandle?

Go Canes!

Out of the above, UF plays Tenn, UGA, SCa, Mizzou, UK, VU in the SECe every year, and LSU from the SECw every year. They rotate the rest of the west. If the Gators are the SECe-C's, then they get to play the 'Best in the West' in the SEC-C game.

It's not much most times, (UF owns the all time W/L record) but UF also has to put up with playing the criminoles every year OoC, and occasionally still play the scUM thugs of Mi-Am-I. UF doesn't need either game for their SoS, unlike the Cupcakes Conference thugs and crims. o_O

Who do the scUM thugs play every year, so we can compare schedules?
Why did the scUM go from the Big Least to the Almost Competitive, instead of joining the SEC when offered? (crickes and/or outright lies coming)

Out of the above, UF plays Tenn, UGA, SCa, Mizzou, UK, VU in the SECe every year, and LSU from the SECw every year. They rotate the rest of the west. If the Gators are the SECe-C's, then they get to play the 'Best in the West' in the SEC-C game.

It's not much most times, (UF owns the all time W/L record) but UF also has to put up with playing the criminoles every year OoC, and occasionally still play the scUM thugs of Mi-Am-I. UF doesn't need either game for their SoS, unlike the Cupcakes Conference thugs and crims. o_O

Why did the scUM go from the Big Least to the Almost Competitive, instead of joining the SEC when offered? (crickes and/or outright lies coming)

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

Every year we play the toughest teams in the country...I figure if I say it enough it will be true. I like playing the Gators so after we beat them we can still here how tough the SEC is. I guess I better put this in just in case...;)

GO Canes!

Go Canes!

We've played Alabama more than any other East team in the past decade except UT because that's their permanent rival. Likewise with Auburn. Only UGA has played them more and that's once again because that's their permanent rival. So we play those schools often. Either way, the Noles point about Florida kids not caring about those schools is off base because all of those schools mentioned pull elite recruits out of Florida every year.

How'd the scUM do in their last bowl game against a 6-6 SEC team? o_O
Hint: That SEC team finished 7-6.... :p

Last edited:
And the crims are 4-6 vs UF over the last 10 years... :D

1-4 in the past five. It is a good series that has many dominant streaks by each side over the past 35 years. Right now, it is FSU's world. The previous six was UF's world. The 90's into the early '00's had a slight edge to FSU. Late 80's was FSU. Early 80's UF.

If it were up to me, I'd make fsu an occasional opponent like miami is now and in the years we don't play either, I'd sign home and home contracts with:

UCLA, Southern Cal, Texas, Indiana, UNC, Michigan, Washington and maybe Nebraska. Then some others but those would be my top choices.

It's well documented that the Gator faithful would prefer not to play FSU. Heck, you guys have managed to squirm your way out of playing scUM as it is.

oh, I almost forgot... ";)"
WTF?

It might be time to take out the trash again. It is beginning to act up.

If it were up to me, I'd make fsu an occasional opponent like miami is now and in the years we don't play either, I'd sign home and home contracts with:

UCLA, Southern Cal, Texas, Indiana, UNC, Michigan, Washington and maybe Nebraska. Then some others but those would be my top choices.

o_O

You obviously know nothing about Gator history. I chose those teams for historical reasons. Besides....would UF be expected to take on a "blue blood" program every year OOC? Nobody else does. If you doubt that take a look at the OOC schedules for say, Texas or Ohio State or Michigan, etc over a 10 year period.

WTF?

It might be time to take out the trash again. It is beginning to act up.

I'm sorry, did I say something untrue?

It took FSU 11 years to darn near force UF to play them in Football. A bill in the Florida legislator to mandate a game was defeated in April 1955. However, the Florida Board of Control, which had oversight of the state universities, directed the schools in November of that year to play in football "as soon as possible." On Dec, 4, 1955, the athletic directors announced the first game between the two schools would take place on Nov 22, 1958. And even then, they'd only play FSU at home. When UF finally traveled to Tally, they lost (16-7).

While it is true UF owned FSU most of the years prior to my birth, things have pretty much evened out. The series is tied 4-4 over the past eight meetings, 11-11-1 over the past 23 meetings, and 21-21-1 in the past 40 years (since 1974--my birth year).

Are you seriously bringing up history from over 60 years ago? To justify saying "It's well documented that the Gator faithful would prefer not to play FSU. "

Seriously?

And then you deliver the shot...." Heck, you guys have managed to squirm your way out of playing scUM as it is."

The trash is starting to smell.

The Golden Dome of Notre Dame, would love to see UF pounce on them every year.Plus it would up our ticket sales.

Are you seriously bringing up history from over 60 years ago? To justify saying "It's well documented that the Gator faithful would prefer not to play FSU. "

Seriously?

And then you deliver the shot...." Heck, you guys have managed to squirm your way out of playing scUM as it is."

We're not even your biggest rival, MJ, it's been made perfectly clear it's Jawja. Some of your constituents have already posted, "If it were up to me, I'd make fsu an occasional opponent like miami is now..."

Come on, just admit it, MJ, you'd be please to never have to travel to trailerhassee and play the crimiNoles ever again...we're beneath the "Flagship" that is the University of Florida.

Seriously?

Good stuff MJ...

Go Canes!

Since 1992 when FSU joined the ACC, UF is 11-13-1 vs FSU .46% and UF is 14-18-1 vs the ACC .44% but is 138-48 ( 75% !) vs the SEC in the same time frame.

That is not correct. Without looking, I am going to say that you are including Miami in those numbers in years when they were not part of the ACC. As well as Louiseville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT