ADVERTISEMENT

We already knew this, but....

djegators

Bull Gator
Dec 6, 2008
Obamacare Architect: Americans Were Misled So Bill Could Pass

"I mean this bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes the bill dies.[/B] Okay so it was written to do that. ….Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever but basically that was really really critical to get this thing to pass….I wish we could make it all transparent, but I'd rather have this law than not.[/B]"

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/obamacare-architect-americans-were-misled-so-bill-could-pass/#ixzz3IhKzD7YS

So does that make it any less infuriating or useful in confirming that this President is the largest turd to occupy 1600?

And yes, the American Democrat voter is as stupid as this elitist little s**t says they are....2008 was bad enough but 2012 just confirmed it.

Originally posted by goldmom:

So does that make it any less infuriating or useful in confirming that this President is the largest turd to occupy 1600?

And yes, the American Democrat voter is as stupid as this elitist little s**t says they are....2008 was bad enough but 2012 just confirmed it.
No, it just means that all politicians distort the truth (i.e. lie) in order to achieve their objectives. I expect it from all of them so, no, it doesn't infuriate me. It only infuriates those from the opposite ideology. For instance, if you are an interventionist, distorting the truth about WMD's probably didn't bother you.

There is no limit to the lies, and nothing will sway the Obama-trons

"I - I just heard about this; I get well briefed before I come out here. The fact that some advisor who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with, is no reflection on the actual process that was run."

Obama then pointed to the "year-long debate" over Obamacare and said: "I would just advise every press outlet here; go back and pull up every clip, every story, and I think it's fair to say that there was not a provision in the healthcare law that was not extensively debated and was fully transparent."

Originally posted by badselectioncommittee:

No, it just means that all politicians distort the truth (i.e. lie) in order to achieve their objectives. I expect it from all of them so, no, it doesn't infuriate me. It only infuriates those from the opposite ideology. For instance, if you are an interventionist, distorting the truth about WMD's probably didn't bother you.
classic response

Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

classic response
Thank you. Do you have anything of substance to offer?

Only Democrat politicians are sleazeballs.

Only Democrat voters are sheep.

Can I get an amen?
happy0001.r191677.gif

But Obama never heard of him....

"You have already drawn some of the brightest minds from academia and policy circles, many of them I've stolen ideas from liberally," Obama said. "People ranging from Robert Gordon to Austan Goolsbee; Jon Gruber; my dear friend, Jim Wallis here, who can inform what are sometimes dry policy debates with a prophetic voice."

Yes, Gruber was an adviser, as Obama describes him, but that significantly understates his role. In addition to the nearly $400,000 he received from the administration (more than Obama's senior staff earns annually), his work was cited repeatedly by the administration as evidence for the law, and Gruber participated in high-level discussions with the president himself about what policies the law should include.

When the bill was being scored by the Congressional Budget Office, Gruber was one of just three outside economists summoned to an Oval Office meeting with the president and CBO director Douglas Elmendorf to look for ways to adjust the law in order to receive a better score, according to The Washington Post. That discussion, Gruber later said in a 2012 PBS documentary on the creation of the law, "became the genesis of what is called the Cadillac tax in the health care bill." Gruber also visited with senior administration officials at the White House on several other ocassions, according to visitor logs.

The White House relied on Gruber not only to help determine policy, but to make the case for why it would work. In November of 2009, as Obamacare was being debated, the White House touted a report produced by Gruber as an "objective" analysis of the law-failing to mention that he had been paid by the administration.

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
Only Democrat politicians are sleazeballs.

Only Democrat voters are sheep.

Can I get an amen?
happy0001.r191677.gif
Nah, all politicians are lying sleazeballs out for power. Thus everyone should be against anything that gives them more money and thus more power.

Unfortunately, that's all ACA is going to ultimately do. Give the politicians more money and power and result in even more people dependent on the Fed.

Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

classic response
Thank you. Do you have anything of substance to offer?
I rest my case.

The White House stated its disagreement with Gruber's remarks Thursday, but its attempt to distance itself from Gruber should prove futile. Gruber attended five of the 12 White House meetings with top experts to design Obamacare in 2009, according to a 2011 transcript of an MSNBC program that Gruber appeared on. Gruber was present at the Oval Office planning meeting that Obama attended on July 20, 2009. Gruber's "objective analysis" showing that Obamacare would lower premiums was featured on the White House blog in November 2009.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT