ADVERTISEMENT

Watershed day for civil rights in Florida today...

CommieGator

Gator Great
Jan 6, 2006
History has proven that yours truly is pretty terrible at being married, but today in the Great State of Florida- those of you that have dared to venture into the terrible morass that is state-sanctioned monogamy may find your ranks increased by a tiny fraction starting today. We should be proud to be a "Southern" state with the courage to take a step forward.

Life's short, and if one person is lucky enough to find another person that makes their brief experience on this planet happier and wants to lawfully bind themselves forever to that other person well, more power (and all of my sincere condolences) to them.

Plus if two doods or two ladies want to get married, my life doesn't change a bit, so why should I care? I actually think there are a ton of gay folks in the FLA that woke up this morning petrified that their boyfriend/girlfriend may be about to throw down an ultimatum and they won't have that most convenient and elegant response: "Of course I'd marry you in a minute, honey- it's just that those *^&#ing Republicans hate us.." Seriously, most of the rest of us have been in a situation where that would have been a very handy deal.

Mozel Tov!

While Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties are not representative of the whole state, I do consider it somewhat embarrassing that Florida was one of the last states to move forward with this and again, as the OP stated (I think?), it doesn't really affect anyone's life negatively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT