ADVERTISEMENT

Vol in tears (11 in a row and counting)

Re: Vol in tears

And here is one columnist's reaction to the above statements by Bray:

"Bray refused to watch the film of the final 20 minutes. No way? Way.

Bray said: "That wasn't our team." Say what? No way? Way.

And then he added: "They kept scoring. I get frustrated. Anybody's
going to get down and feel like they've got to make that play. You've
just got to make a play. You go from throwing bombs and running backs
running great and linemen blocking great to no one's doing anything
great. It can get frustrating." No way? Bray.

It's fairly easy to be the man when being the man is easy. "Anybody's
going to get down...." Anybody that is except good quarterbacks who
have the chance to change things. Hey, we all know quarterbacks get too
much praise for success and blame for failure. But that's because the
they're the quarterbacks.

Bray did not take a bad angle on Frankie Hammond Jr. or miss the
tackle on Trey Burton. And every one in orange from the Governor to the
ground's keeper was frustrated Saturday night.

But when the heart beat of your football team stops, then your dead."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/sep/19/5-10-they-said-what-no-way/

sadgator remembers a prior quote from Fred Taylor once on Gameday saying that Florida was so inside Tennessee's head that Tennessee needed to see a psychologist. It seems true again. 8 straight is an insane streak in that series.

You read the Tennessee quotes and it is like we took their season and their program with us on Saturday night. Something tells sadgator that the season is going to get extremely ugly for them...

26842708.jpg

Vols melt under the bright spotlight

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. ? Good thing the Knoxville Police Department put out
that warning earlier in the week about fans rushing the field at Neyland
Stadium.

The next time, somebody might want to instead put out a warning
about expecting a different ending to a movie we've all seen over and
over again for much of the last decade.

In this case, it's eight years and counting.

That's how many times Florida has beaten Tennessee in a row after the latest flop on Rocky Top, a 37-20 romp by the Gators on Saturday night that spoiled what the Vols had hoped would be their breakout party.

The buildup was as loud as Tennessee's shade of orange.
-----------
"They're front-runners. They talk a lot," Florida running back Trey Burton said of the Vols. "As soon as we got up, their fans started leaving. It's a big win for us."

Indeed, the anticipated rush of the field became a rush of the aisles, as frustrated Tennessee fans scurried to the exits.

"Once you get in the heat of battle and once adversity hits, you've got
to respond to adversity and not crunch under adversity, and that's what
we did," Tennessee linebacker Herman Lathers lamented.

"We weren't responding well," said Bray, whose intentional grounding
penalty after the Vols snuffed out a Florida fake punt in the third
quarter was when the game turned in the Gators' favor.

"We knew that we were going to be the ones that stopped us. We just fell apart."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/tag/_/name/justin-hunter

Re: Vol in tears (8 and counting)

Enjoying the Vol misery but wondering why they are absolutely so devastated and obsessed with us. Then it came to me.

Tennessee loses to us first EVERY YEAR. It is like Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football, or us taking their virginity. They come into the season (like all fans) all bundled up with hope and with no losses, only to go down hard in this early game that taints the whole season. Losing to Alabama (or others) later is less painful because we are the one that always crushes the season opening dream. Not only do they lose to us, but they take it as losing the season.

I read the post mortems, and they STILL think they have more talent.

Why?

Their team is a QB, two receivers, and mediocrity.

I'm sorry, but having a QB and two receivers doesn't make you a good team, I don't care who they are. 3 vs. 22 just isn't going to work.

Originally posted by LizardGrad89:

Why?

I'm sorry, but having a QB and two receivers doesn't make you a good team, I don't care who they are. 3 vs. 22 just isn't going to work.
More talent than what? I haven't seen too many Vols saying they have tons of talent. Not AFTER the game, anyway.

Originally posted by JD Gator:

Why?

More talent than what? I haven't seen too many Vols saying they have tons of talent. Not AFTER the game, anyway.
There was that feeling that we'd squandered so much -- the opportunity
to remain firmly in the national spotlight with the college football
world watching, the chance to impress the most impressive group of
recruits to watch a UT game in person in a decade, the potential to beat
a Gators team that was beatable
and perhaps most importantly, the
ability to take away any of the questions [at least for a while]
surrounding Derek Dooley and his staff.

Instead, we're left with more questions. Will Dooley ever win a big
game? Can we re-learn how as a program? How does this much talent blow
it so epically
? How did it slip away so quickly? When will we ever be
able to play with our two biggest rivals again?

Straight from your earlier post.

Why?

There was that feeling that we'd squandered so much -- the opportunity
to remain firmly in the national spotlight with the college football
world watching, the chance to impress the most impressive group of
recruits to watch a UT game in person in a decade, the potential to beat
a Gators team that was beatable
and perhaps most importantly, the
ability to take away any of the questions [at least for a while]
surrounding Derek Dooley and his staff.

Instead, we're left with more questions. Will Dooley ever win a big
game? Can we re-learn how as a program? How does this much talent blow
it so epically
? How did it slip away so quickly? When will we ever be
able to play with our two biggest rivals again?

Straight from your earlier post.
The Gators were, and are, "beatable." I disagree with the second bolded statement- but that's still just one guy. THis is obviously a question of degree- but by and large, I don't get the impression that Vol fans think they are loaded with talent.

377731_10151198379011999_1422737490_n.jpg
Sums up Tennessee perfectly.

I just don't understand redneck genes. Why do the guys look like him, and the girls look like the girl behind him?

This guy looks like he is in his mom's house in his old bedroom - sure does love the FREE T-shirt
laugh.r191677.gif

Ya'll lose last night? lol

Bragging about beating an SEC team is what Louisville is doing not the gators. Hopefully the freaking SEC myth gets revealed this year.

Re: Ya'll lose last night? lol

Originally posted by Keyser76:
Bragging about beating an SEC team is what Louisville is doing not the gators. Hopefully the freaking SEC myth gets revealed this year.
Wow dude, this thread was started 9/18/12, 3 days after we beat UT for the 8th time in a row, and hasn't been commented on since 10/18/12, other than your fine self.

Originally posted by CKGVOL:
12 of the last 16 in hoops, bitches
How many titles do ya'll have? And this is a football thread. I am not sure you're ever going to beat us again in football.

btw, UF has beaten Tennessee 18 of 24 in football. Basically if you're a 40 year old man you've only seen UT beat UF 6 times. That is a .750 winning % since 1981. You're only a little more competitive with UF football than vandy.

We've sucked out loud in football. In hoops we have beaten your ass no matter how good the fla team was; swept douche pay, miller and Haslam in 2000, went 3-1 vs your back to back NC teams and your lone win was with Chris lofton in street clothes or else that year is a sweep too.

Florida has beaten some shitty UT teams in football, woo hoo, Not much of an accomplishment. Tennessee has beaten some juggernaut UF basketball teams. The only sustained success you have had over us in hoops was in Pearls lame duck season where he was all but fired the entire year.

Be thankful Dooley was coaching the last two years. Again, you have beaten some of the worst teams UT has EVER Fielded in football. DOUCHEchamp is a f'ing spaz and will never win a championship in hog town,

Nice city, full of sonnys real pit BBQ. F Gainesville.

nm
This post was edited on 2/28 7:11 AM by CKGVOL

We've sucked out loud in football. In hoops we have beaten your ass no matter how good the fla team was; swept douche pay, miller and Haslam in 2000, went 3-1 vs your back to back NC teams and your lone win was with Chris lofton in street clothes or else that year is a sweep too.

Florida has beaten some shitty UT teams in football, woo hoo, Not much of an accomplishment. Tennessee has beaten some juggernaut UF basketball teams. The only sustained success you have had over us in hoops was in Pearls lame duck season where he was all but fired the entire year.

Be thankful Dooley was coaching the last two years. Again, you have beaten some of the worst teams UT has EVER Fielded in football. DOUCHEchamp is a f'ing spaz and will never win a championship in hog town,

Nice city, full of sonnys real pit BBQ. F Gainesville.
UT fans are usually quite stupid. You have set the bar at a new high even for your fan base. You do understand that UF has won 18 of the last 24 in football, right? That stretches back to your very best teams, really the only good teams you've had since segregation ended. That includes four wins over Peyton manning, those were your best teams ever and not only did Florida beat them, they beat the hell out of them. Why do we need to be thankful Dooley was coaching? UF beats UT no matter who your coach is. UF beats UT when they're good, which is honestly rare in the modern era of the game, and UF beats UT when they're bad. It isn't our fault that your hillbilly ass state produces zero high school talent. You're becoming Kentucky. You're a bottom dweller program, enjoy that.

Full of Sony's? LOL moron, the company was started there and there is one in the entire town. And I know if your dumb hick ass ever comes to Gainesville you'll probably eat there.

And don't act like you don't care. You came crawling into a football thread trying to run basketball smack because this hurt your feelings so much. What's funny is you care this much, get this mad, talk this much stupid trash, and you didn't even go to UT, or any college for that matter.

This post was edited on 2/28 1:54 AM by BigOleNastyGator

And get with me the next time Florida goes undefeated for a year in football. Had ohio st not lost to Michigan and neb not lost to Texas then ariz st lost to okla, you worthless Fukks don't win it in 96, had USC not lost to UCLA on a last second fluke pass you don't win it in 06, because your sorry ass wouldn't have even played for it.

Fat ass Fulmer lucked his was to the 98 title, but he did win EVERY game.

Wait until next year in hoops when Maymon is back. We will beat that ass in that 11,000 seat lap pool you call a basketball arena. Enjoy beating up on a paraplegic football program, even DOUCHEchamp couldn't F that up.
But all those things did happen moron, UF has 3 national titles, undisputed at that, UT has one, end of story. UF not only has more rings than hillbilly ass, sister phucking, moonshine swilling, uneducated redneck ass Tennessee, but they lead the over all series as well.

So let's review the facts; UF has more national titles and leads the series with UT. On top of that UF is a better school, not that this would matter to you, as i can tell by your postings that you're intellectually stunted likely due to your having dropped out of high school in the 9th grade to go pick cotton with your daddy down in the holler.

Get back to me next time Tennessee is relevant, because we both know you're the new kentucky. You have no in state talent and you can't recruit against uga and bama any more. This new joke of a coach you have isn't capable of fixing it, he's going to have you jerking off to pictures of Lane Kiffen before he leaves your program in a smoldering ruin worse than it is even now.

And fat ass Phulmer? The best coach you ever had and you're going to mock him like that? LOL If i were a UT fan I'd be ashamed to have to claim you. You're classless hick. It is obvious in your posts. That 8th grade mentality shines through.

This post was edited on 2/28 2:02 AM by BigOleNastyGator

Sincere apology. Shouldn't have been as inflamatory. Drinking and posting... not a good match. Esp when you have a shitty football product.

On the state of Tennessee and high school talent, it's getting much better. UT's problems are that we have not gotten the instate kids. Patrick Willis, Harrison Smith, Golden Tate, Randall Cobb, Donta Hightower, Cassius Vaughan, Gerald Sensabaugh... these are some examples of good to great NFL players who UT either mis evaluated or got beat for in the recruiting game.

Tennessee produced three 5 stars this last recruiting class, and again we whiffed on all of them.

Wish it were better though and as stellar as our HS basketball talent. You guys have to agree first hand (Humphrey, Brewer)

Sincere apology. Shouldn't have been as inflamatory. Drinking and posting... not a good match. Esp when you have a shitty football product.
Strangely enough, my response was bourbon induced. Fair enough, we'll pretend it didn't happen. :)

There is some good basketball talent in Tennessee. There just isn't enough football talent to fuel a division 1A program. You need Alabama and uga to fall off some, or maybe USCjr, so you can get access to some more of that talent in georgia and alabama.

12 of the last 16 in hoops, bitches
Pearl kind of owned Donovan, but the vols never won anything that I can remember. SEC titles? SEC tourney titles? Final Fours? National Championships?

UF won them.

UT's new coach has benefited from the fact that all of UF's games against the vols the last two years have come with Yeguette being out with an injury. Not UT's fault, just bad luck and bad timing for UF. I was amazed UF kept it within 6 points on the road with only 6 players.

Originally posted by Martha Focker:
Has Tennessee done ANYTHING since 1998?

ANYTHING AT ALL?
Nice pic of Terry Polo. If there was anything worth doing in 1998, it was her.

This is my favorite pic of her. Particularly the part where she thinks her hand is strategically placed, but it isn't, quite.

Saw this thread, as a Vol fan I come peace. I think last years loss to yall was the toughest loss I have seen as a Vol, we had been talking about that this was the time to do it, we knew you guys had way better overall depth and a slight edge in, but we thought the fact the game was a night game in Neyland and that we had great offensive weapons, that UF would get in a shootout and not have the offense to keep up. That lost showed me Dooley was not the guy, but that we still have a long long ways to go. Our defense has been MAC level during the Dooley era, so it's nice to see Butch Jones finally get some sold defensive commits.

Originally posted by ABVolsFan92:
Saw this thread, as a Vol fan I come peace. I think last years loss to yall was the toughest loss I have seen as a Vol, we had been talking about that this was the time to do it, we knew you guys had way better overall depth and a slight edge in, but we thought the fact the game was a night game in Neyland and that we had great offensive weapons, that UF would get in a shootout and not have the offense to keep up. That lost showed me Dooley was not the guy, but that we still have a long long ways to go. Our defense has been MAC level during the Dooley era, so it's nice to see Butch Jones finally get some sold defensive commits.
This year is your best shot at UF in years, the offense is so bad that it negates a great defense.

Re: Vol in tears- 31-17 (9 and counting)

I am happy to see the FSU pinned thread go away in such a dramatic fashion.

What a difference a year makes sometimes. Next year the script may be flipped again for FSU/UF.

The only thing that will be different this year is this banner comes down too. We won't be starting any new streaks under the Gainesville boy, merely seeing old ones end. Hell, we may see UK beat us next year, in football, in football.............

This thread kinda came back and bit us in the AZZ... Humility can be a good thing.

Originally posted by wingtee:
This thread kinda came back and bit us in the AZZ... Humility can be a good thing.
You're prolly right. If we hadn't posted this thread, we'd prolly have been in Pasadena.

Weird that the Knoxville police thought they could arrest a thousand football fans celebrating when they weren't even able to give a parking ticket to the EIGHT football thugs that kicked TWO people into the hospital after they got them down. Of course it didn't help that the OIC in charge "forgot" to ask for the surveillance tapes until the next day, when they were found to be "defective". Wonder how much those tapes were worth to Dooley or one of the big boosters? Not as much as dropping the charges against Winston was to Winston AND FSU, but then I thought those charges were hokey to start with, JMO.

And of course they never thought of charging them all with attempted murder, until some of the ones with minor involvement squealed like rats, and Dooley never thought of taking them into a room by themselves and threatening them with taking their hero status away from them unless they told him what really happened. Standard operating procedure, IF you really want to know what really happened.

Of course, Dooley did suspend two of the players for the huge battle against Tennessee Martin, that they struggled to win by only 52-0.

JMO, but the most disgusting miscarriage of justice in college sports, maybe with the exception of what hurtt did at the U----and then UL, can you imagine Strong turning down a program with TU's recruiting advantages compared to a City College that is really going to struggle going into the ACC without Bridgewater? But then I think both Strong and jurich are married to hurtt as long as he has the goods on them.

Anyone know what a round trip ticket for BWs mother from Miami to Louisville for all the home games (not counting Cincy and other games) would cost a poor single hardworking mom with such close ties to her son?

To me a son that would ask his mother that raised him alone to spend all weekend traveling or a fortune on plane fare when she could have driven across town to see him play is a cad, not the hero ESPN makes him out to be.

Unless plane fare was in the "contract". Really, an inconsiderate jerk for a son, or something fishy.

But hurtt would never lie to jurich or Strong, and Strong had no idea of what was going on with instate recruits at the U.

Right.

No doubt the NCAA is all over this, geez, look at how they handled the mess at the U.

The NCAA is a joke, and a very bad one at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT