ADVERTISEMENT

UF Baseball...

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
JJ Schwarz - FOUR homers & 10 RBI last night.
eek.r191677.gif

9 homers already for him his Freshman year and he is still growing/filling out. He is going to be a dangerous hitter the next couple of years. Overshadowed by Schwarz 4 HR's was another freshman leadoff hitter Guthrie's 2 home runs. This freshman class has some very good hitters: Schwarz, Rivera, Vasquez & Guthrie.

The Schwarz family is doing pretty good the last couple of days with JJ's performance and Taylor plays for UF Softball team that beat FSU tonight in Tally. 8th win in a row in Tally for Gator softball.

Watching the Gators play SC. Wow has SC fallen off. They are just a bad team right now.

Richie Martin having a fantastic night...both offensively and defensively.

In the last 27 innings of baseball, the Gators have scored 48 runs on 52 hits.
eek.r191677.gif

Originally posted by GatorGray:
Gators throwing a freshman Alex Faedo today.
Having a good day on the mound so far. Up 5-0 he can throw strikes with little fear.

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:
Originally posted by GatorGray:
Gators throwing a freshman Alex Faedo today.
Having a good day on the mound so far. Up 5-0 he can throw strikes with little fear.
Threw a no-no for 4+ innings. Still shutting them out, allowing only one runner so far.

I think this is sully's best team. I think it's his best lineup and among his best defensive teams. Adding a healthy Alonso to Martin, Schwarz and Bader gives us a terrifying middle of the order. We have plus defenders at just about every position.

We don't have the big one or two names on the pitching staff, but as always sully is neck deep in big arms who are all getting better as the year goes on.

We just destroyed Miss. St., playing for their lives.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Pretty disappointing series against Kentucky. Friday night we just ran into a hot pitcher, but the offense disappointed for most of the weekend. In game 2, I thought we did them a favor trying to squeeze home the tying run after we came almost all the way back from 7 runs down. Their closer was really struggling, but he jumped all over that bunt. I would have had Martin swing the bat there. Game 3, the late Saturday offense carried over and Faedo shut them down. We'll have to win the UGA and Vandy series and then probably sweep Auburn to have a shot at the league.

Alonso is driving the ball everywhere.

Not to take anything away from UK pitching (it was good), but our bats seem to be cooling a bit. Hopefully, the last game & 1/3 are signs that they are coming out of that little funk.

I would hit Bader, Alonso and Schwartz 2-3-4 with Guthrie or Martin leading off. Sully breaks those three up with Reed and Tobias, I'm sure because he wants to break up the right handers, but those three are so much better than the rest of the lineup that I would just let them hit and not worry about the pitching match up. They hit 4-5-6 on Sunday and went nuts.

Scoring runs is always our problem, but if we get guys on base for those three, the runs should come.

I wouldn't know, they never show them on tv.. Instead the SEC Network shows pathetic games

It IS bizarre. Best team in the conference and they show Bama & Auburn constantly but no UF.

They show everything on Watch Espn. You can stream all the games there or watch replays. They're never on actual tv. Last week they were showing 'bama instead of the LSU/aTm series.

To be fair, the SEC network televised both the South Carolina and Mississippi State series (both Gator sweeps).

For people who have Smart TV's the SEC/ESPN network deal is a good thing, as virtually ALL games are on at least SEC+. However, for many of us who don't have Smart TV's or even a computer (like my lifelong Gator fan 84-year old mother), we are seeing a lot less Gator baseball and softball games than when we had FoxSports Florida and SunSports in the mix. It's all about money with the powers that be, but I think they're losing fans because when games aren't available to the masses people start losing interest. I can sit in front of my computer and watch games via SEC+ on my 17" monitor, but that gets old. On top of that, this year fewer baseball games are broadcast on FM radio than ever before and the AM signal is so weak it often can't be picked up outside the Gainesville city limits.

If you have a usb port in your tv, I recommend getting chromecast. It's like 30 bucks and it lets you stream anything on your tv that you can stream on your computer. For watch Espn alone, it's worth it.

If you have a usb port in your tv, I recommend getting chromecast. It's like 30 bucks and it lets you stream anything on your tv that you can stream on your computer. For watch Espn alone, it's worth it.
Therein lies the rub. Your cable provider controls watchESPN access. I personally have had much less access to Gator baseball and softball since SEC network launch.

Gators back to playing pretty good ball with a good series win vs. UGA and a solid win yesterday vs. USF. Schwarz woke up a little bit yesterday. He seems to hit better when he catches rather than DH, but he's an adventure behind the plate. Tobias has been great. He's on base every time you look up. Everybody else is doing what they do. This is a great defensive team. They had a stat. last night that the top 5 fielding percentage teams in UF history have all been under Sully. They're not just solid though, they get to everything.

Series this weekend is probably for a national seed. Tomorrow's game on ESPNU and Saturday on SEC network.

That lineup is swinging at absolute trash pitches and letting strikes go... that's awful

That guy's curveball had them tied up in knots. It looked like their plan was to be aggressive with the fastball, but they obviously couldn't pick up when it was coming. They were swinging at pitches bouncing a yard in front of the plate. That pitcher is a total spaz, and he throws two pitches, but he makes it work.

Logan Shore really battled, they made some big defensive plays to keep runs off the board, and they had some guys on base, but couldn't get the one or two hits they needed.

Great game going on right now. Great slide by Rivera to tie it up in the 7th. I love Tobias. The pitcher bumped Rivera after he was called safe and Tobias is right in his face.

Great game going on right now. Great slide by Rivera to tie it up in the 7th. I love Tobias. The pitcher bumped Rivera after he was called safe and Tobias is right in his face.
Yep. Watching it on the porch. Drinking a Fat Tire.

Gutted out a game and series on the road. We made 4 errors, which is very uncharacteristic of this team. But made critical hits at critical times.

We are still in the running for a national seed.

That was a good win today. Scored in the 9th to tie it, then Vandy finally makes an error for us to win it.

Gators win, Gators win, Gators win to take the series against Auburn.

Two wins in the SECCT and I do believe we are a national seed. Especially since FSU was just swept...at home...by a pretty shitty Clemson team. I believe we can take their slot

Reactions: 46885
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT